Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Sewing and Quilting: SEPTEMBER part 2, WHAT are we working on??

Communities > Forums > Sewing and Quilting
bookmark
Forum: Sewing and QuiltingReplies: 130, Views: 771
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 20, 2012
9:00 PM

Post #9281685

Ok... there were a LOT of messages!!

Good to read and catch up!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

September 20, 2012
9:29 PM

Post #9281731

wow - I AM first... lol

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 21, 2012
1:28 AM

Post #9281793

Second..enjoy the banter of what all everyone is doing. Joined a machine embroidery club, meeting Oct 1st. Got my list yesterday of required needs, Christmas project that is yet unseen..excited about that..

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 21, 2012
5:00 AM

Post #9281836

Thanks for the new thread Pat!
Betty, can't wait to see what your doing?

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 21, 2012
5:31 AM

Post #9281858

Not sure, maybe small throw or table runner..she sent the following and based on that can't be a large piece..

"I have started putting it together with 5 Christmas fabrics.† 4 of the fabrics I purchased at 30cm wide each (I think that is Fabriclandís minimum) and that is plenty.† The 5th fabric, I purchased a metre of so that I could use it for the inside and part of it for the outside"

You will need cut away stabilizer for the 4 x 4 hoop.† Enough for 17 hoopings per side!

Regardless, will be a way of meeting gals who like sewing!
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 21, 2012
6:00 AM

Post #9281881

Always fun to meet others with similar interests.

Sure am glad Pat keeps us going with new threads!!!!! BTW, there is a quilt in the show - Dresden plates made from old ties!!!! And pat, i will get an envelope out to you soon. Wanted to add something but have yet to find it!!!!

Well missed Yoga again this AM. Was mostly awake 2-4 and then Pumpkin woke me up at 6:30. Decided to fix the spare room bed. Seems the cats had pulled the backing off the box spring and had been sleeping inside it, using it as a hammock. So we closed the bedroom door till we could get it repaired. Then Cinnamon hasnít been feeling well & Iím thinking it is in part to that door closing.
So this AM I took the bed apart, got the staple gun & heavy tape out & fixed the bed. Removed enough hair to make a new cat. And even thought to put the bed skirt on before I put the mattress back on. Door is open. No one seems to want to go in now. Cats!!!!!

Now to get some breakfast then get showered & head out for the quilt show by 1000. Iím sitting at the guild table 11-1 and then selling quilts 1-5. Iím sure I do get breaks to move around. We canít bring any food in with us so will need to get out to the car to eat. I do plan on smuggling my water bottle in with me.

W

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

September 21, 2012
7:52 AM

Post #9281972

lol you're right - Cats!! Who can 2nd guess them? lol

Have a good time at the quilt show!!

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 21, 2012
12:32 PM

Post #9282292

I went to http://suedollinquilts.deviantart.com/art/Tumbling-Blocks-Cot-Quilt-87923069
twice, and requested the tumbling blocks pattern by email as instructed. So far no response at all. I did file the photo away and think I could figure it out if I could figure the sizes for the pieces.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

September 21, 2012
1:10 PM

Post #9282319

Have you tried Quilter's Cache?
http://www.quilterscache.com/T/TumblingBlocksBlock.html

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 21, 2012
1:11 PM

Post #9282320

wow, I hope the site is still maintained. Besides your posts, the others are dated in 2008... It looks easy enough to figure out, was figuring a 6.5" block and maybe a 4-5" or whatever size block to flip n sew to the corners. The border looks to be about the same width as the blocks. Maybe someone here with EQ could map it out for you?

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 21, 2012
1:13 PM

Post #9282321

QC pattern is PPd , I checked that one out first looking for Tumbling Block instructions. Also found the one video on YT, but this one looked the easiest to put together quickly w/o cutting that 60ļ..

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 21, 2012
1:45 PM

Post #9282344

I looked for a way to email her directly but couldn't find a link. Perhaps someone with EQ could figure it out.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 21, 2012
5:55 PM

Post #9282548

Calling it a night, been at it all day and got to where I wanted to be..

Quilt is a twin size, extra width..Darlene wanted Mikes fleece sheet on his bed used as backing so with the heaviness of the top due to various fabrics used i.e. flannel, jean, light cottons, his night robe etc. it was just too heavy to quilt so tied it..not fond of the embroidery floss but once washed it will fray and won't be as visible. Felt strange cutting up Mike's clothing as they were what I often seen him in but guess it's better than havin them sit in a plastic bag in her closet.

Not the prettiest of quilts but must say it will be the most appreciated.

Off to bed, taking 4 grandsons to USA for the weekend, Darien Lake theme part so I'll be tired/tired by the time I come home Sunday night..don't want to start our grandma/grandson weekend with my being exhausted before we start out.

night/night

This message was edited Sep 21, 2012 9:34 PM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze   Thumbnail by Bettypauze         
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 22, 2012
4:10 AM

Post #9282783

I like the "wonky" blocks.

I'm looking for plaids in pastel colors. Have an old, old pattern I want to use & that is how it was made. Not even sure anyone makes plaids these days.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 22, 2012
11:29 AM

Post #9283144

Ya, that might be a problem except in "homespun" which would not be closely woven enough.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

September 22, 2012
12:30 PM

Post #9283169

http://www.fatquartershop.com/store/stores_app/browse_dept_items.asp?Shopper_id=62299221528516229&Store_id=499&page_id=17&Sub_Department_ID=&categ_id=&parent_ids=&page_no=3&sNode=&Exp=Y&Search_Dept=&Search_Text=plaid fabrics

lots of plaids here
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 23, 2012
4:39 AM

Post #9283690

Helene - you are the WOMAN!!!!!!

Well, survived the quilt show. Walked thru with a friend yesterday AM then "worked" 1-8PM. It is amazing that the show closes at 5PM and we can have all the 400+ quilts taken down, folded, and then returned to owners by 6:30 PM. Then by 8PM have collected all the props into a big pile.
I resisted buying any of the new "gadgets" being shown. One of the biggies this year was a thing to help with pressing seams open and not "warp" the fabric from over pressing. They took a piece of 1/2 round (wood trim) and slid it thru a piece of felt sewn into a tube. You lay it flat sidee down on your ironing board and put the seam on the rounded part. Then press. They sold 2 pieces in a set - 1 almost as long as the ironing board and a 2nd prob 1'. And they charged $22 for this.

And there are more gadgets out there for cutting a straight line than imaginable and everyone says theirs is the best.

I did buy a fabric bundle - 5 yds for $25. All are a pale yellow background then prints in other pale colors pink thru grey. Now to figure out what I want to make.

My friend saw a purse she liked. She bought the fabric & pattern & I will make it for her. Made from 2 1/2" strips and you use old scraps of batting and fold like a bias strip. Sew those strips together. She got a bali pack in browns. A yellow version might be nice!!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 23, 2012
5:24 AM

Post #9283710

Morning all..

nice finds Quilter, sometimes you (we) get carried away with gadgets that just don't do the trick..best to avoid unless someone has tried them and confirmed they are a must.

My yearly memory trip with 4 teen grandsons..weather wasn't the best for Darien Lake Theme Park but it didn't seem to bother them..got to go from ride to ride without a line up. Suite at Clarion is wonderful, 2 rooms so grandma being up and at it at 5am doesn't bother them sleeping in. Surprise/surprise, they want to get a few hours at the indoor water feature area so I'll be soon waking them up. We'll drop off for lunch before crossing back into Canada and hopefully by late afternoon we'll be home!

Did make a quick stop at Joann Fabrics..not a lot of Xmas fabrics out yet, seemed to be a lot of what I bought last year, however, did buy enough to keep me sewing on all those Christmas runners and Dresden plate table cloth until my next trip over to Frankenmuth MI in a few weeks.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 23, 2012
5:48 AM

Post #9283732

Betty - so glad to hear you are having a good time. Bit chilly up there, isn't it??? Guess kids don't care.

JoAnn's here has quite a bit out but it all looks like what I've seen in years past. I need some "pop" fabrics & hope to find some up in PA. This time next week I'll be packing.

Met the Wounded Warier ladies yesterday & will be delivering 2 RWB quilts to them this week. The WW HQ is here in JAX so no shipping costs!!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 23, 2012
5:58 AM

Post #9283741

Was cold and wet..brrr

Today it's sunshine!! Oh well, weather doesn't make the trip does it.

Lots of pop fabrics at home in fabric shops but at $14.98-$22.98 a meter not sure how much pop I want. Lol

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

September 23, 2012
1:23 PM

Post #9284085

good for you, Jean!

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 23, 2012
5:30 PM

Post #9284317

this came in a newletter this morning, using plaids

http://www.e-patternscentral.com/detail.html?prod_id=9012&cat_id=375&criteria=

they also have the Good Old Store tab at the top, lots of old fashioned EVERYTHING!!!

This message was edited Sep 23, 2012 8:31 PM

Thumbnail by Kizmo
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 23, 2012
5:50 PM

Post #9284341

Lovely, I also subscribe and ohh'ed and ahh'd at the design.

Another to do. Lol
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 24, 2012
4:01 AM

Post #9284581

This AM I'm working on being warm. Those of you up North will laugh, but it is ONLY 64 here this AM!!!! I don't think I'll be jumping in for water aerobics any more this year. I do NOT enjoy the cool water or the cool air and refuse to wear a jacket/wet suit to exercise.

I hope to get back to the studio and sew later today but do have to get the front yard mowed before the rains move back in Wed.

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 24, 2012
5:37 AM

Post #9284639

64???? That's warmer than the 40 here this morning!!!! sweats and heavy socks this morning until I warm up with my coffee. I'm too cheap to turn on the heat...LOL

jumper2

jumper2
Huron, OH
(Zone 5b)

September 24, 2012
5:40 AM

Post #9284644

heat was on this am, 38 right now.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 24, 2012
5:42 AM

Post #9284647

48 here, brrr damp due to all the rain..furnace on...I'll go without food if I had to but not without heat...need to be super toasty.

Brought memory quilt in to work this a.m.so I can do binding hand sewing..tonight will work on the Dresden plate table cloth or hanging..not sure which it shall be yet. Lol

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

September 24, 2012
7:10 AM

Post #9284737

it's 49 here, at 8am, and going to 77 later today!! Likely will get warmer than what they say though - it usually does..
My goodness it's cold for you!!

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

September 24, 2012
7:18 AM

Post #9284748

well this adapted to southern living - girl - meaning me has had sweats on since mid august of and on and constanly now. $11.00 for 2 pieces walmart.com never wore them before.Went through my changes late. Owned coats and jackets never wore them. People in department stores would approach me for help because I didn't wear jackets.

I don'tlike stripes or plaids but above pattern is very interesting.
Kiz how was the showerI thought it was this weekend? Nice gifts I am sure.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 24, 2012
7:31 AM

Post #9284764

I usually don't go for plaids either but this quilt I want to make is done in plaids & I just love the look.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

September 24, 2012
8:01 AM

Post #9284795

can we see the quilt pattern

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 24, 2012
8:05 AM

Post #9284798

Helene, the shower was moved to Oct 20th and the niece's shower is Oct 14th. Thankfully, there's more time to work on them. Plus, I gave up the part time job, too much drama and tension there... it was nice to get out among people again and make some extra money, but geez, more stress there than I had at the factory. Long story short, it definitely was a boss/employee mismatch.
Does give me more time to sew, but now am trying to catch up on all the household stuff I didn't get accomplished in the warmer weather.
I thought the triangle pattern gave the plaids a new 'direction' of sorts, simple but effective.
Back later, best get started!

Catbird423

Catbird423
Odenton, MD
(Zone 7b)

September 24, 2012
9:09 AM

Post #9284873

My sister has a friend whose 17 year old son was in a car accident 2 weeks ago, ejected from the car, lots of broken bones and his head hit a telephone pole. Is now concious but does not recognize family members, not sure about brain function. Anyway I decided to quilt one of my tops for him yesterday, would have finished it but the cats decided I had done enough and wouldn't stay off it no matter how many times I put them down. I will finish it after work and get it off to him.

Thumbnail by Catbird423   Thumbnail by Catbird423         

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

September 24, 2012
9:17 AM

Post #9284881

that is one beauty. Soo right for a man. Sorry about his situation

Well kathy = it just wasn't worth it. There is a nice butterfly quilt on Mccalls quilting but not the one you arelooking for,

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 24, 2012
9:29 AM

Post #9284896

That is stunning..I'm sure he'll be so appreciative! What a bit of brightness to his day..

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 24, 2012
10:25 AM

Post #9284948

Qwilter, I really like that plaid pattern, It would be pretty in solids too. If you need some plaids I know I have a few, let me know I'll stick some in an envelope to you.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 24, 2012
12:30 PM

Post #9285025

Helene - the pattern is from a mag back in the 90s. Not on line anywhere I know of. And from the pic even hard to tell it is a plaid.

THis one is far down on the to-do list. I 1st need to make the pattern user friendly. No way am I doing all those Y seams & using templates.

Just spent almost 5 hrs doing yard work. Haven't made a dent in what needs done. It is mowed and I have a couple bushes & 1 tree trimmed. i never did make it to the Studio today.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

September 24, 2012
12:31 PM

Post #9285026

Lovely quilt, Helene!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 24, 2012
2:17 PM

Post #9285177

very nice quilt there Robin, sure hope everything turns out well for the young man, will keep him in my thoughts...

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 25, 2012
3:21 AM

Post #9285676

Love the quilt too Robin and will keep your son's friend in my prayers...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 25, 2012
3:48 AM

Post #9285691

So love visiting with you all..just when I think I've run out of energy your posts gets me so excited that I'm up and at it!

After a busy weekend away with 4 teen grandsons all I wanted to do was come home from the office and put my feet up...opened the door, sat, read posts and said don't waste your life doing nothing, do something.

Into the craft room I went, got the white/on white background snowflake fabric, sewed it together, tacked the Dresden plates andlooks gave a nod for 'nice'

still have to decide on Dresden centers though but was happy at end of evening..even made spaghetti sauce without burning it. Lol

LindaKay, bought template plastic and traced yours this morning, got to tell you it's a lot bigger project than I thought..if I decided to make it into table cloth do you think I should add batting?

Off to the office with Halloween 4" squares..bought a patter yesterday off clothilde(?) for pumpkin table runner..who knows, with having a sewing machine there I just might get the project done

hope you all have a sew sew day!

Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 25, 2012
4:33 AM

Post #9285707

If I had a job where I could sew at work, I wouldn't have retired!!!!! Talk about a win/win situation - paycheck & time to sew.

Have a couple apts this AM then do hope to get out to the studio this afternoon. If I get the weed killer down today I should be able to rake up the dead stuff in a couple days!!!!

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 25, 2012
5:22 AM

Post #9285738

I know you didn't ask me Betty, but if you think it needs the body how about a layer of flannel instead of batting? Although with a layer of batting, it would have built in hot pads. Getting excited for the October visit. I have the package ready for you in an addressed envelope, I didn't seal it though in case it needs to be open for customs.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 25, 2012
5:38 AM

Post #9285759

Asked everybody lol
Great idea about flannel, didn't think of that

I'm sooo looking forward to it as well..another gathering with some who couldn't make it to my house late June

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 25, 2012
6:02 AM

Post #9285782

Beautiful, beautiful...I know it's not finished yet but I do believe the centers should be white as they look now. I'm sure any of the colors would work just fine but the white makes all those Christmas colors pop.
gardenglory
Gainesville, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 25, 2012
6:34 AM

Post #9285808

Beautiful indeed!!! I totally agree on the white.

Jean, I dont know if your plaids can have pink, but the very first fabric up, in the 3.95 sale on fabric.com, is a blue and pink pastel plaid.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 25, 2012
6:35 AM

Post #9285809

Ref the table topper, if you don't use a batting, the seams will be more pronounced and it will be "bumpier". Using a batting allows the seams to lay flatter and the topper will be smoother.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 25, 2012
6:54 AM

Post #9285824

Thank you all for your help..to tell you the truth, didn't even think of white/off white..did buy fabric white on white with poinsettia leaves..will try it tonight and post to see what you think.

Yes, great job..love my boss
says he couldn't keep staff before, too boring but with me I entertain myself and entertain myself I do lol

Boardroom table is great for setting up a project

This is the last swap goodies I have from all our swaps..use them up and finally will be caught up.

The halloween 5" squares will have to be cut down..angles/leaves/stem to be added..1/2 triangles made with white/off white so it will not be as wide or as long..just wanted to make sure I had enough..pattern calls for some of the pumpking to be made in 1/2 triangles, not so sure I have enough but we will see

Taking out sewing machine, going down to Zellers to purchase cheap iron to leave here as I forgot to take mine this morning..before you know it, I'll be turning the 2nd board room into a sewing room..

Am I chatting too much for you all, sometimes I get carried away

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

September 25, 2012
7:36 AM

Post #9285869

oh Betty - words cannot express how beautiful that Dresden plate quilt is... absolutely gorgeous!!
And your Hallowe'en blocks are soooo cute - very nice indeed!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 25, 2012
8:10 AM

Post #9285910

Betty, I agree, that Dresden plate topper is beautiful!
Love that Halloween runner too!

Catbird423

Catbird423
Odenton, MD
(Zone 7b)

September 25, 2012
8:49 AM

Post #9285953

I love the Dresdan plate topper too, what a great idea.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 25, 2012
9:16 AM

Post #9285996

Ditto, ditto, and more ditto!!!

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

September 25, 2012
10:13 AM

Post #9286060

betty "ditto". Just so beautiful. I am sure Karens tree skirt will show equally beautiful.
I would put batting for all he reasons Jean meniioned and the quuilting would show much better than with flannel. My experience, as I make many for the quilt shop.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 25, 2012
12:29 PM

Post #9286142

Bit on the tired side so not likely get at it until Friday at which time I'll at least finish the top..not sure what I have for backing. While at Joanns I should have thought of that..fabrics I bought were for the front..note to self, need fabric for backs..have a few I'm not fond of but think I'll use them for the other Christmas runners..

Cleaned the mess in the office, will put my feet up and relax for an hour.

Ohhh Suzanne joined me on her lunch..working on her rag quilt..she figures by next week she'll be able to put it together..

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 25, 2012
3:09 PM

Post #9286260

I was about to put out an S.O.S. earlier today. I'm making aprons for three of my grandsons who are really into cooking. These are not ordinary aprons, they look formal which I thought was cool for guys.
The fabric I'm using for the vest part is called caviar wrinklease. It's a cotton and a bit of a heavy weight but no where near as heavy as denim. It's the only thing I could find in black which had some body to it. The vest is two layers of fabric sewn around the edges and turned. The problem I was having is the thread kept breaking after just a few stitches. I gave the machine a thorough cleaning before starting as I always do before starting a new project. I tried changing the needle...several times, which didn't help. I was using C & C dual duty thread. Finally I switched to using the rather inexpensive thread on a cone from my serger and low and behold the problem ceased. Totally puzzled on this one.

The pattern photo isn't very good but my battery died before I could get a better shot. The apron bottom is a black and white check.

This message was edited Sep 25, 2012 5:10 PM

Thumbnail by siliolegma

Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 25, 2012
3:26 PM

Post #9286274

If machine likes a finer thread, the upper tension may be too tight.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 25, 2012
3:34 PM

Post #9286279

Actually the first thread was finer. checked tension it was good.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 25, 2012
4:25 PM

Post #9286308

Those will be nice aprons!

jumper2

jumper2
Huron, OH
(Zone 5b)

September 25, 2012
6:47 PM

Post #9286411

I've had trouble with C&C thread before. I don't use it anymore.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

September 25, 2012
7:15 PM

Post #9286434

very nice, and so male and professional looking :-)

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

September 25, 2012
7:16 PM

Post #9286436

I don't use C&C thread anymore either - not quite the quality I used to think it was. I use Guttenberg (sp?) now.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 25, 2012
8:19 PM

Post #9286500

Maybe the thread is old? I had that problem once. I took the serger in for service and found out the problem was OLD thread!!! just a thought.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 26, 2012
5:17 AM

Post #9286634

Thanks all more options to explore.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 27, 2012
7:27 AM

Post #9287795

These are the coloring book totes I'm making for the cancer center. Aren't they cute???

Thumbnail by Quilter5bdsr

gardenglory
Gainesville, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 27, 2012
7:39 AM

Post #9287817

Good to see you.

Very cute indeed. Did you just make up the pattern. I would love to do some of these. I have a stack of just charity fabrics. I keep them for the kids. I just bought some 11$ a yard fabric with faries. They were just the cutest, I knew they would perk someone up. I just wont pay that for my fabric.
Anyway, Im sure the kids will love them.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 27, 2012
7:44 AM

Post #9287820

very nice :)

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

September 27, 2012
7:51 AM

Post #9287830

Love 'em, Barb!

lanakila

lanakila
Holly Springs, NC
(Zone 7b)

September 27, 2012
7:51 AM

Post #9287831

New to the board, but wanted to share my latest project. I have cats, so trying to put table runners out is just inviting a cat nap. I saw this design on a blog and thought it was really neat. Someone approached me about making something to donate to a silent auction so I figured it was a good opportunity to try it out. I didn't want to pay the zillion dollars for the specialty-degreed ruler or for the pattern, so I hacked my own version after browsing images on Google. This is my variation of the Spicy Spirals bargello table runner, in holiday fabrics.

Thumbnail by lanakila

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

September 27, 2012
7:53 AM

Post #9287833

That is a fabulous job, Ianakila!! And you "created" the pattern from browsing images? You're very good!!!

lanakila

lanakila
Holly Springs, NC
(Zone 7b)

September 27, 2012
8:06 AM

Post #9287846

Thanks Tallulah! The project called for a 9- or 10-degree ruler so I made my own. Thank goodness for all that geometry they made me take back in school! I'm not really a quilter, per se, but I'll dabble in it now and then. I've done everything from reupholstering a boat in marine vinyl to weddings gowns, so if it involves a needle and textiles I'm up for trying. :)

Thumbnail by lanakila   Thumbnail by lanakila         

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 27, 2012
8:17 AM

Post #9287856

Welcome lanakila :) that is fantastic...

would you be willing to share with me the size of your strips, and the measurements of your wedge????? I am a quilter with absolutely NO math skills...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 27, 2012
8:29 AM

Post #9287868

Beautiful work Lanakila..talented indeed..

Going to make some of those bags Barb..you are just so generous!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 27, 2012
8:47 AM

Post #9287883

lanakila that is a beautiful table runner!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

September 27, 2012
9:16 AM

Post #9287913

Lanakila - is your name Lana? Mine is Susan

Catbird423

Catbird423
Odenton, MD
(Zone 7b)

September 27, 2012
9:24 AM

Post #9287923

Lanakila, that table runner is amazing! WOW!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 27, 2012
9:49 AM

Post #9287956

Love that runner!!! What talent you have Lanakila. I may just have to try it too!!!.

Coloring bags you need:
two pieces of main fabric - 10.5" X 10.5"
two pieces of lining fabric - 10 .5" X 10.5"
one piece folded in half for pocket in contrasting color - 10.5" X 10.5"
One piece of contrasting color for handles - 5" X WOF (width of fabric)
two pieces of fusible Pellon interfacing - 10.5" X10.5"
and one piece of fusible interfacing for handles - 5" X WOF

I fused the handle fabric with the interfacing, fold in half lengthwise and the fold from outsides to the center. Stitch two or more lines of stitching to make the handle sturdy. I did four lines.
I then cut it in half to make two handles and made sure they were the same length.

Lining:
Starting about three inches in from the side and backstitching two or three stitches, stitch to the side and turn and stitch up the side. Do the same going the other way for the other side of the piece. The stitching should look like a U with an open space on the bottom. This will be for turning right side out later.
Bag:
I press the interfacing on to the front and back pieces of fabric. I then stitch the pocket on to the front fabric. I start in the middle and stitch lines 1.25" apart to make sleeves for the crayons. I then put them right sides together and stitch around leaving the handle top open. I clip the corners on the lining and turn it right side out.
Joining:
Next you place the lining inside the bag so that right sides are together. This way keeps the handles inside and is easier to work the stitching. Stitch around the top of the bag joining the lining to the bag. Turn bag right side out through the hole in the lining and stitch across lining bottom. Push the lining down into the bag and stitch again around the top to help keep the lining inside.. You are done!!!

Buy a coloring book and crayons and watch for the smiles...

This message was edited Sep 27, 2012 12:52 PM
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 27, 2012
9:57 AM

Post #9287966

I think I have that pattern & ruler. Thunder, the pattern would even work using the wedge we used to make the Dresden plates.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 27, 2012
9:59 AM

Post #9287969

Thanks for the directions Barb, I have it saved, and will try them for the grandkids.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

September 27, 2012
10:28 AM

Post #9287988

TU for directions for small tote

the table runner is magnificent. Is this the ruler that you make the spiral tree skirt?
gardenglory
Gainesville, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 27, 2012
12:24 PM

Post #9288093

That runner is really something. Ive never seen one like that. Love it, love the fabric.

thanks for the pattern barb.

lanakila

lanakila
Holly Springs, NC
(Zone 7b)

September 27, 2012
4:31 PM

Post #9288261

Here's a quick tutorial on how I made the ruler I used for that table runner. Please note that this is my hacked version and that the angle is neither 9 nor 10-degrees but, rather, what was easiest to do the math for! I looked at a lot of pictures of this runner and figured out my own version of the pattern. I used 1/4 yard each of 8 different fabrics, cut into 2.5" strips. I used standard quarters instead of fat quarters, but it doesn't really matter with bargellos. I don't think it would be fair to the pattern author for me to give you specific instructions for how to copy it.

I just noticed that I can't get the images in the proper order. Should be clear enough though. :)

Susan, my name is Lanakila. It is a Native Hawai'ian name that means 'triumphant' or 'victorious'.

Thumbnail by lanakila   Thumbnail by lanakila   Thumbnail by lanakila   Thumbnail by lanakila   Thumbnail by lanakila

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

September 27, 2012
4:34 PM

Post #9288265

What a very pretty name, Lanakila!!
My name means "Lily". I recently got given 2 lillies - one from a neighbour, and one in remembrance of a friend who passed this Spring. Totally coincidental, because neither knew what my name stands for, so it's really nice... :-)
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

September 27, 2012
4:52 PM

Post #9288282

Been offline for holiday observance and am trying to catch up. I got left behind at the last thread installment. Always so impressed with everyone's projects. Lurking on the other threads here further bedazzles me with your creativity and energy.

Betty, I love your crazies AND you have inspired me to look for a new/old 2nd machine. Actually it would be #5 (#6?) but two or three of the oldies here could go in the Smithsonian. :>) I'm gonna look around and also tune up the old Singers. They would otherwise make good doorstops. I would love another Bernina but after looking at prices for used ones under ten years old that ain't gonna happen.

Barb, I'm crazy about those totes. What a fabulous idea. Gotta do it. Love the way you have them all set up. Those will be special gifts.

Lana, I am newish here as well. This is a warm and fuzzy group. Love your runner, BTW. Reminiscent of a Chinese fan.

I've been pluggin' away on the wedding quilt. Seam Ripper is my new BF. This is the Atlanta section this past week. Quilting in the ditch is eating needles and my hands and my patience. The stitching and spacing is frustrating. I love doing the diagonals. I've decided to keep the stitching linear with outlines (frowned upon by some hand quilters) and diagonals.

Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel   Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel   Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel   Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel   Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 27, 2012
5:09 PM

Post #9288297

Evening all, 2 painkillers. NOT doing the trick, decided to read a bit and do some ooooh and ahhh's

Thanks Lanakila for the tutorial, much appreciated.

Laurel, big smile re your best friend, few of us, meaning me has a similar friend lol
Just love the color scheme and quilting..quilts always reflect the 'you' in them don't they?
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

September 27, 2012
6:02 PM

Post #9288332

Betty, my "you" is in there, like vows, for better or for worse. It's reassuring to hear we have friends in common. I also was inspired by your totes to make up a pattern. Realized after assembly that an interfacing material was necessary. What did you use? Think the finished bag might need to be ripped or duplicated. The plan is to make a tote for a friend's birthday. One of the fabrics, the light colored one, is from an old drapery fabric remnant of hers that she gave me. The tote will go in the gift bag we have passed back and forth for the past ten years with the same card that we write notes and attach to the inside. Talk about re-gifting. lol.

Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 27, 2012
6:24 PM

Post #9288346

Lanakila, Welcome to our group, always fun to have new friends. I'm convinced your name really means "smarty" & "good thinker". I do have one of the 10 degree rulers that I used to make a tree skirt. My hubby made an extension for it because I wanted to make the tree skirt 60" I have had templates made by my local glass cutter. They are usually reasonable because he can use scraps of 1/8" plexiglass. They are very durable too.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 27, 2012
6:28 PM

Post #9288350

On my way to TN for a quickie trip. Son & DIL are going to get their first look & cuddle with their newest grand Amelia. I'm hitching a ride cause I'm always up for a bit of cuddling with the greats. I'll be back home on Tues. and then hopefully having a visit from Janice and a round of quilt shop hopping.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 27, 2012
6:44 PM

Post #9288362

Believe I used fusible lightweight batting for the bags..

Ohhhh, don't you just love hugging babies? Now don't spend all our $$$ with Janice, save some for fabric shops in Frankenmuth. Lol

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 27, 2012
7:23 PM

Post #9288391

Got to hug three of the greats today, made a side trip on the way down. I asked two year old Sweet Caroline for a hug and she threw her arms out and said biiiiig hug and ran right into my arms. Oooooh can't buy a better feeling. She's finally starting to remember me from trip to trip. Noelle two next Dec. is still a bit shy with me but loosened up after a while . JoJo, 9 mos. and already walking is always fun, he loves everyone and is always ready to use me for monkey bars.

Not to worry Betty, I just found out one of the shops I had planned to take her to has closed. Always a sad thing. The one in Interlochen will make up for it, not only is it a very nice store, but the building itself is very unique. I'll try to remember to take my camera so I can show you all how cute it is.

Barb is there anything we can help you with? Fabric, crayons, coloring books? It's a wonderful thing you are doing.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 27, 2012
7:51 PM

Post #9288431

Give them kids a hug from us too Karen!

Barb, I agree with the others, I would love to send donations to you! Fabric, coloring books...

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 27, 2012
8:13 PM

Post #9288448

thank you very much Lanakila :)

stitching is beautiful Laurel, and your bag is gonna be gorgeous!! My Momma had a friend, and they sent a gift back and forth with the same card, for many many years...

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 27, 2012
8:20 PM

Post #9288454

My mom and her sister did that too. It started one year when one of them signed in pencil, the other erased it and signed her own name also in pencil and it was game on.

I had one aunt who delighted in taking some little trinket from our homes and then wrapping them and giving them back on our birthdays. It was always something we never missed but recognized immediately when it came back.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 27, 2012
8:48 PM

Post #9288477

Karen, how funny!!
Welcome Lanakia, BARB, great work as usual. Laura, that project is turning out great! I so envy you all that hand work, so special. I really like the brown tote project, looking forward to finsihed project pictures.
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

September 28, 2012
1:31 PM

Post #9289122

I got the re-gifting idea from my dad. He and his youngest brother sent the same card back and forth after WW II and until he passed three years ago. It started when my uncle wrote the lyrics to a song in Dad's b'day card. Dad added lyrics to another song when it was my uncle's b'day and sent it back. Eventually they ran out of space and enclosed lyrics on stationary. They also added arguments about either of them writing the wrong lyrics. :)

Here is the finished tote lined with my friend's remnant fabric. More floppy than hoped for. I'll make another.

Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel   Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel   Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel      

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 28, 2012
1:40 PM

Post #9289131

She will absolutely love it..remember, once she fills it there will be no more 'floppy'. Smiling at the regifting.

I must go back in photo's when the boys were young, hubby got a tree that looked pitiful, said it was a Charlie brown cut tree.. After christmas out into the back forty it went, next year he went and found it, got to say I wasn't impressed, then it became fun..had it for four years..lol

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 28, 2012
3:37 PM

Post #9289213

Nice job on the bag, love those colors!

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

September 28, 2012
8:10 PM

Post #9289449

very pretty I am sure she will love it. Nice work.
Cher
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 28, 2012
8:41 PM

Post #9289479

Just returned home and will need to read through this thread more slowly! Everyone has been so busy!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 29, 2012
4:03 AM

Post #9289627

Glad to see you Marion and hope all is easier with Mom.. Keeping you all in my prayers...
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 29, 2012
5:26 AM

Post #9289660

Welcome home Marion.

I really want to get some quilting done today but 1st I need to go to HD and then come home & cut some wood for the planters I'm making for the garden club. And yard work will need done before the rains move back in tomorrow afternoon.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 29, 2012
6:34 AM

Post #9289722

Jean, I think you need to share your energy secrets :)
seems like lately...just getting through work is about all I can deal with???? I need to get some sewing done!! and my yard is a mess!!!! some of the weeds are 5 ft tall !!! I think they shot up over night!!!
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 29, 2012
6:48 AM

Post #9289730

I take 2 Children's chewable multivitamins every day (supposedly the iron is easier to absorb w/out the side effects).
Get 7 hrs of sleep - in bed by 10PM
Get/drag myself to the gym 3X week
Do NOT eat any red meat.
Drink at least 1/2 gallon of water a day
REFUSE to believe I'm getting older!!!!!

Drum roll here...I'm heading up to MD on Tues. Have to pack long pants (yuk- have not worn a pr since we moved). Decided I better try them on 1st. Knew my shorts were getting lose. Well, I can now fit in all my "skinny" pants. Good thing I packed them & donated my "fat" pants when we moved.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 29, 2012
8:39 AM

Post #9289836

hooorray for the skinny pants Jean!!!!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 29, 2012
8:51 AM

Post #9289845

I am so glad to be in my own home. Enjoyed being with my sister and visiting my Mom but there is something about having your things around you for real comfort.

I don't envy you the drive Jean. Traffic was horrible coming up I-75 yesterday...truckers!!!! I love the part "REFUSE to believe I'm getting older!!!!!" works for me. :-)

Thunder, it is so good to see you back on line...missed you my friend.

Mom is more lethargic and it is one continuous battle with the UTI. Her mind, however, is still relatively sharp inspite of the other problems.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 29, 2012
9:38 AM

Post #9289879

Marion - I'm flying up to MD. I'll catch the military ho pup and then SW on the way back. Trip is "affordable" when I only have to pay for the 1 direction.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 29, 2012
10:06 AM

Post #9289923

Good for you! Enjoy.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 29, 2012
11:00 AM

Post #9289989

Have a safe trip Jean. Glad to see you home safely too Marion...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

September 29, 2012
12:54 PM

Post #9290061

WB Marion!! Yes, it IS nice to have your own "things" around you. Missed you while you were away.
WTG, Jean - now, you've gone and sent the weight to me, haven't you? LOL
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 29, 2012
1:57 PM

Post #9290096

Sorry Susan...my philosophy is the earth can only support so much weight and that needs to be a constant so what 1 person loses someone has to gain and vice versa. And I am usually the one on the gaining side!!!!

A couple pr of that pants that now fit, I have not been able to wear for 5+ years.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

September 29, 2012
2:20 PM

Post #9290124

Good for you, Jean!! Glad if you need to lose that I can be of assistance... lol

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 30, 2012
7:59 AM

Post #9290875

Jean, how do you catch a military hop! I did that years ago, when my hubby was active duty. We flew to Belgium that way.
Glad to have ou back with us Marion! I agree, nothing like being back home.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 30, 2012
8:17 AM

Post #9290891

SOOooooo that's why my Sister and I could never lose weight at the same time and keep it off??? THat makes PERFECT sense to me now that you explained it.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 30, 2012
11:55 AM

Post #9291069

Being retired Army I can fly on the hops. The Naval station here in JAX just happens to have a flight to/from Baltimore. So, I sign up & "hop" on. Stateside flight are usually easy to get a seat. Going overseas is harder.

Just quilted 2 lap quilts & made 6 more pillowcases. Went thru what I need backings for so I know what I need to get up in PA.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 30, 2012
12:51 PM

Post #9291128

Oh, that is really nice, you have a base there to grab those flight with! We have a base here, but it is a trainer base, so no big airplanes to grab hops on!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

September 30, 2012
4:33 PM

Post #9291343

Tell me, what do you think a policy is in a grocery store with a pharmacy in the back of the store:
A customer who is shopping suddenly sits down, looking in distress, for about 20 minutes or more... there is 1 staff in the pharmacy (behind a locked door), a store clerk walks by and several other customers, but no one stops or asks if there is anything wrong...
This happened to me today. I'm fine now, but I was having stabbing pains in my head (not a headache), pains in my chest, both sides front and back, and they were enough to make me weep.
I think they saw someone crying (not sobbing, just tears running down my cheeks) and decided not to interfere... I was scared and the pains hurt! I waited until they subsided and slowly went to the checkout at about 1/2 speed.
When I got home, my DH got the groceries and asked if there was anything he could do. There wasn't - the worst had passed. About an hour I started to *burp* and I think that's all I needed, but in the meantime, I was really scared...
I can understand why the pharmacist didn't leave the counter - they have to be wary of theives stealing pharmaceuticals, but why didn't she ask or call someone to assist? A friend of mine is a manager there, and I called his house & left a message to see what the policy is, but surely there is Something in place...

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 30, 2012
5:50 PM

Post #9291424

Susan, you are right, the pharmacist coud NOT leave their station never any circumstances but they sure could have called someone else for help. NO ones offered help? No employee or customer? WOW...
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 30, 2012
6:59 PM

Post #9291479

Susan - you NEED to get yourself to a Dr. Your symptoms are signs of things much worse than some gas.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 30, 2012
9:13 PM

Post #9291618

I must agree... Susan you NEED to be getting to the Dr...emergency room?? something, at least call your Dr... PLEASE

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October 1, 2012
3:08 AM

Post #9291732

You will not get to go camping if you are so unwell so off to the doc's!

Had company all weekend, a dear friend from years ago..we enjoyed the Meaford Applefest Saturday, Sunday she was interested in seeing how the tote bags went together..all I could find was yardage stored in a drawer..polkadots, by the topime we finished the bag I still had time to machine quilt a runner, add the border and hand see.

Sure was thrilled to see bed time.

This morning I've packed up machine/supplies as I'll be going to a sewing group gathering who are doing a machine embroidery Christmas stocking..1st Monday of sept, oct and nov...wondering what is wrong with my head,mwith travelling plans almost every 2nd weekend till Christmas and all the sewing projects I have to finish WHY oh why did I join a group?

Happy sewing today
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 1, 2012
4:19 AM

Post #9291758

I was looking at the pile of fabrics I have for holiday gifts and realized how little time I really have to get them all made. I'm gone this week, back for 2, then gone to TX for a week. Then a trip to MA in early Dec. Seems to leave much time for sewing but soon it will be good gardening weather here and I'll want to be outside getting my hands dirty!!!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October 1, 2012
5:50 AM

Post #9291848

Should be out doing same, family come this weekend for our Thanksgiving..many hands make light work so I think I'll wait till they arrive and give them all a project lol

Then I can continue sewing!!!

Have 2 of 7 table runners I use for Christmas stuffers done..likely could get them finished this weekend

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October 1, 2012
6:20 AM

Post #9291888

photo's

Thumbnail by Bettypauze   Thumbnail by Bettypauze         

abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 1, 2012
7:05 AM

Post #9291931

When did it get to be October? Time has really gone fast lately but I guess being busy and traveling makes it pass.

To lazy to unpack the car when I arrived home Friday night (well necessary items came in) so that will be on my agenda for today. Yuck!!!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

October 1, 2012
7:29 AM

Post #9291975

Thing is, I had chest pains before and got a heart checkup (1 yr ago) and stress test and they just said I need to lose weight because I couldn't do the eliptical for very long, but my heart was fine. This has been dealt with a couple of times.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

October 1, 2012
7:33 AM

Post #9291977

new thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1282735/
gardenglory
Gainesville, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 1, 2012
8:08 AM

Post #9292035

Ive had open heart surgery and I have had episodes of what I would call gas trapped under my ribs. Totally debilitating and by far more painful than the heart. Problem is, where the pain is, is at about the same place. Front...back...sides.
I dont know what other test they gave you for your heart, but even a blood test can tell them if maybe they should look farther...a chest x ray. Or heck, maybe they can get right to an echo or something. Im really no one to talk, Ive been putting off a heart cath, like the plague, however, Ive also had to been brought back by those paddles, I got two hits before the 'dont remember; medicine took effect. BELIEVE ME, you dont want to get into that situation. Talk about pain. OMG, . Please at least think about having that checked.

Im at a loss as to why no one said anything. The pharmacy should know better. Glad you have someone to mention it too.

Happy you made it home Marion, I was in a half bath yesterday and looked down and the shoes I had come home from Indialantic were right there were I had kicked them off. That was two weeks ago, so I get the unpacking thing lol

I sewed yesterday for the first time since last march. Cant believe it myself. All went well except I kept trying to cut the thread on the back of the machine. After being flustered over that all afternoon, I finally remembered it was on the side of the machine...geeze Ive really got the bug for a new machine. Maybe next year. Gotta make it thru the holidays first

everyone have a great week

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

October 1, 2012
11:02 AM

Post #9292315

I called my Dr and have an app't for tomorrow at 10 min to noon. My neighbour, Bud, will drop me off (takes about 1 to 2 hours to see the Dr even with an app't...) and I'm sure he can get me to the hospital if the Dr thinks I should go. Likely finish about the time Bob gets home from work lol

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October 1, 2012
11:09 AM

Post #9292327

Glad you called and got one Susan..likely something not to fret about, panick attack/stress etc but you want to make sure nothing more serious, as thought those things aren't.

Cancelled my sewing class tonight..emergency call so I'd not feel comfortable going knowing someone might need me..

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

October 1, 2012
11:18 AM

Post #9292341

Bless you, Betty - good that you'll be there for Darlene & Art.

Yes, likely a stress attack I had, Betty - not a panic attack, had those before and mine are quite different. Not pains in the chest, etc. Few minutes ago I had a shooting pain in my right leg and it went away quite quickly.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

October 1, 2012
3:50 PM

Post #9292711

Susan, write down ALL the symptoms you had AND when, the severity of them so you don't forget to tell the doctor ALL of the symptoms including duration. You never know when one of the symptoms are the very one that Doc needs to figure it out.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

October 1, 2012
5:49 PM

Post #9292882

ok Pat, will do

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Sewing and Quilting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quilt Block Exchange cont..... Luluguid 76 Dec 22, 2010 6:07 PM
Looking for a Shopping Cart Cover Pattern???? red_princess_71 17 Jan 4, 2010 9:44 AM
Necktie Skirts & Purses SandiTX 4 Oct 7, 2008 3:15 AM
Lascaux.....and brush water melody 27 Feb 29, 2008 7:46 PM
Free Accessory Patterns Yuska 13 Apr 18, 2008 9:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America