Monster tree trimming!

Phoenix, AZ

The massive Mesquite that covers almost 3/4's of the yard is getting cut back today! YAY! The deep shade it has created has made it impossible for even shade plants to thrive :(
Problem is there are 3 ponds directly under the tree (yes, poor planning on my part) So 1 sharp branch hits my pond liner and I'm doomed. Wish me luck :)

Thumbnail by Fish_knees
Phoenix, AZ

Redneck pond cover ~~~~~>(())'>

Phoenix, AZ

Ooops here's the pic

Thumbnail by Fish_knees
Tucson, AZ

good luck fishie! now let's hope a redneck don't walk on the cover. haha!

Litchfield Park, AZ

Mesquite wood? Sounds like an invitation for a glass of wine, a fire and some .. fish (not) gardening stories.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

So how did the trimming go?

Phoenix, AZ

I am no longer a shade gardener. I'm not sure what to do LOL

Thumbnail by Fish_knees
Phoenix, AZ

The Redneck ponds survived the ordeal. Check out the trunk on the Mesquite. If it ever tips over I'm afraid it will up root the entire house :O

Thumbnail by Fish_knees
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Wow, that really does leave you with the sunny side up. When was that mesquite planted?

Gilbert, AZ

Wow! That's a huge change! What did you do with all the branches you cut off?

Litchfield Park, AZ

It looks really good.

Phoenix, AZ

The house was built in 1994 so I'm assuming it was planted then. I bought the house in 2000.
The landscaper hauled off the branches. It took them 5 1/2 hours. They had to climb up and tie each branch as they cut it and then lower it so it didn't crash into the ponds and rip the liner. I'm so relieved its finally cut back. Now I can actually have some flowers blooming in the back yard.

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

wow. It looks great fishy. If you don't want the tree to tip over, you can always build a tree house on that stump.

Tucson, AZ

hello, sunlight!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.