Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Mother Nature’s Autumn Dividend “Leaves”: When the wind comes sweeping

Communities > Forums > Article: Mother Nature’s Autumn Dividend “Leaves”
bookmark
Forum: Article: Mother Nature’s Autumn Dividend “Leaves”Replies: 0, Views: 8
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jazzy1okc
Oklahoma City, OK

September 24, 2012
8:38 AM

Post #9284817

I figured out shortly after moving here that trying to rake up leaves in windy Oklahoma is a pretty fruitless task. Now I just mow them up and mulch them into the lawn and leave the stalks of perennials up so they will hold on to the leaves that blow into the flower beds. I add compost on top of the dry leaves in late fall and again in early spring. Over the years, the worms have done an excellent job of integrating the compost and leaves into the hard red clay. The soil in those beds is now quite fertile and drains well.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Mother Nature’s Autumn Dividend “Leaves” Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Neighbors Leaves greenbrain 1 Sep 19, 2012 5:46 AM
Neighbors Leaves gammaneetz 0 Sep 24, 2012 7:12 AM
Neighbors Leaves tx_flower_child 0 Sep 28, 2012 12:23 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America