Photo by Melody

Plant Identification: Chocolate/peppermint conundrum.

Communities > Forums > Plant Identification
bookmark
Forum: Plant IdentificationReplies: 0, Views: 38
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Robynish
Lakewood, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 24, 2012
9:35 AM

Post #9284904

It is sort of a question that will help me identify some plants. The story goes like this. I bought Chocolate mint and pepermint. Planted them in separate containers. I think I put a chocolate mint cutting into my pepermint pot on accident and now everything in that pot looks like a cross between peppermint and chocolate mint or just chocolate mint. BUT the plants haven't gone to flower yet this year. Maybe the chocolate mint took over and killed the peppermint? Maybe I never had any peppermint to begin with? I know the stick on the left is chocolate mint because of how dark the top is, but the rest are a variation of the ones on the right (in the left picture) with red stems and green leaves, or with green stems and green leaves with red around the edges, Or light red/green stems and green leaves with a flush of red on the underside (as in the right picture). Also the tastes have also changed a bit. There is no strong peppermint type flavor in the "peppermint" ones anymore but it isn't quite as strong of a taste as the chocolate mint ones, but similar.

Thumbnail by Robynish   Thumbnail by Robynish
Click an image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Plant Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Help with identification of this shrub dave 86 Nov 11, 2013 6:20 PM
SOLVED: Can Anyone Help Gayl 9 Jun 23, 2014 4:57 AM
SOLVED: help identify herb seeds????? dignbloom 6 Nov 4, 2010 8:08 PM
SOLVED: Mystery perennial dave 19 May 28, 2010 1:24 PM
SOLVED: Name my aloe??? tom1953 21 Jul 15, 2012 1:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America