Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Pets: What is in my Hanging planter?

Communities > Forums > Pets
bookmark
Forum: PetsReplies: 21, Views: 347
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
picabo
Nashville, TN
(Zone 6b)

September 24, 2012
2:51 PM

Post #9285219

I noticed this strange shape in a planter hanging in a tree off my deck. Only hours earlier there was a beautiful Orchid blooming where that "Thing" is.

Thumbnail by picabo
Click the image for an enlarged view.

picabo
Nashville, TN
(Zone 6b)

September 24, 2012
2:53 PM

Post #9285221

I took my camera to check it out. An ear showed up and I realized it was my Cat "BP". He was taking a bath!!

Thumbnail by picabo

picabo
Nashville, TN
(Zone 6b)

September 24, 2012
2:54 PM

Post #9285224

He had no concern about the broken Orchid now on the ground.

Thumbnail by picabo

picabo
Nashville, TN
(Zone 6b)

September 24, 2012
2:56 PM

Post #9285227

I do think he was upset that I disturbed his bath. :^))

Thumbnail by picabo

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 24, 2012
5:36 PM

Post #9285366

ROTFLOL!!!!!
picabo
Nashville, TN
(Zone 6b)

September 24, 2012
6:04 PM

Post #9285379

I have decided to make a string hanger for the Orchid. I saw one a year or so ago, maybe him taking the Orchid out of the planter was a good thing. LOL

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 25, 2012
5:37 AM

Post #9285756

That's just too funny. Cats find the darnedest places to take care of business.
WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

September 25, 2012
9:41 AM

Post #9286036

Adorable. Sorry about your orchid...Sharon

Loonie1

Loonie1
Rowlett, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 25, 2012
9:58 AM

Post #9286050

That is too funny/cute. And I love your attitude.

Carla
picabo
Nashville, TN
(Zone 6b)

September 25, 2012
12:24 PM

Post #9286137

He is (Usually) such a good Cat. He was an adoption Kitty from a Vet that I pass often but have never taken my pets to. I had lost a Cat and just dropped in to see if they had any Kittens. He was about 6 months old and just before being put to sleep (I don't know if that was true or just to encourage me to take him). They called him "Curious George". The name suited him. I have some great pictures of him doing everything from hugging and washing his Best Friend...Our DOG, "Maggie", to pictures of him standing on top of the living room door watching what everyone is doing.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 25, 2012
12:29 PM

Post #9286141

You disturbed his bath, now the poor baby will have to start all over again!

Great pictures!

Debbie

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 25, 2012
1:18 PM

Post #9286179

Aren't rescues great? All our pets have been rescued from one place or another.

jasminesmom

jasminesmom
Saugerties, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 25, 2012
1:25 PM

Post #9286183

Arent you ashamed of yourself for putting a plant in a flower pot that your cat may want to cozy up in? That is the cutest picture I have seen in a long time !!! Awesome photo's, he's one in a million. Thanks for making me laugh today !!!!
Christine
picabo
Nashville, TN
(Zone 6b)

September 25, 2012
1:49 PM

Post #9286197

All of our pets are rescues now. Four cats, a dog and a horse... they all think they are our children. Not that we spoil any of them ;^))
Here is another cute picture of "BP" and his Dog "Maggie". This is the way they usually sleep. Hard to tell them apart. In this one "Maggie has her right front arm wrapped around "BP" other pictures show "BP" with all four of his legs and tail wrapped around his "Girl"

This message was edited Sep 25, 2012 2:49 PM

Thumbnail by picabo

mqiq77
Danielsville, GA
(Zone 7b)

October 4, 2012
10:53 AM

Post #9295766

Such a cute picture, and wonderful attitude.Four of my phales were destroided, by our (never do wrong ) meeser, who hapens to be running for pres.I can't say that my attitude was anything like yours, but I'm trying hard.
I had this "Garden " window put in for orchids, and now its a cat window. Mike

Love the one of your "Docat " Both cute.

Thumbnail by mqiq77

picabo
Nashville, TN
(Zone 6b)

October 4, 2012
1:18 PM

Post #9295900

Hi Mike, one of my girls "Pins" the "Red Hat Lady". Is on Meesers side. The other three cats are such Dog Lovers, they have been trying to talk our "Maggie" into running. She says the country is not prepared for what she would expect from them. So she doesn't plan to run. Got to love these Fur Children.
Illig1
Redwood City, CA

October 9, 2012
9:48 PM

Post #9301202

Adorable pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 14, 2012
5:36 PM

Post #9305204

Those are wonderful pictures. You sure got a look from him. hehe
mqiq77
Danielsville, GA
(Zone 7b)

October 14, 2012
10:42 PM

Post #9305514

My old granny cat took over a planter, for geraniums, and it was the perfect bed for the sun beams, and she really could sleeps. I hopes she has found a good sun beam bed over the bridge. I miss her. Mike

Thumbnail by mqiq77

ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

November 5, 2012
2:37 PM

Post #9325528

Wonderful pics, Picabo. MORE please! Show us more!!

Cats just love to squeeze into tight places. I guess it reminds them of the womb?? Nice and cozy.

Here's one of Spud, hoping I'll ship him off to FL with the plants I was packing to send to a trader. He was always finding boxes to curl up in; the smaller they were, the more he liked them.

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser

picabo
Nashville, TN
(Zone 6b)

November 5, 2012
8:38 PM

Post #9325754

Pretty Kitty Butterfly, Looks like my "BP"
mqiq77
Danielsville, GA
(Zone 7b)

November 6, 2012
1:39 PM

Post #9326279

In responce to cats in strange places, I can only think of my "Lap " cat Baggy, who has always found the most unusual place he can find, and has done that sence he was a baby.When I say baby, I mean that some (thing ) threw three new born kittens, out on the road wher I live.Two are still with me, but one never had a chance.If ever in that situation, prepair yourself for a full time for a while. The end result is, two cats that love you beyond discription.
Mitzi liked to run, and jump on me, and keep the attraction going. Baggy was very shy, and wanted to cuttle with his face between my arm, and chest, where he would "March ", he still does that now, every chance he gets. I could be moving a piano, and he would want our snuggle time.
One of the places Baggy slept is in the walk behind mower bag, and you couldn't find him. He has crawl into a water can, many buckets , as well as this tiny little basket. Mike

Thumbnail by mqiq77   Thumbnail by mqiq77   Thumbnail by mqiq77      
Click an image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Pets Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Does Anyone Show Dogs?? momcat 154 Jul 29, 2009 9:01 PM
How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? gardenwife 20 Oct 2, 2009 7:10 PM
mourning DawnG 26 Jul 16, 2010 10:38 AM
Bertha got a hair cut!! MOLLYBEE 10 Aug 8, 2011 11:49 AM
Fritzie meets (& almost eats) Santa Claus Buttoneer 22 Sep 3, 2009 11:46 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America