Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Pets: How was your day? 360

Communities > Forums > Pets
bookmark
Forum: PetsReplies: 191, Views: 1,219
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 24, 2012
7:24 PM

Post #9285457

Welcome please join us, we are a friendly and very chatty ground

We came from here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1280082/

Thumbnail by wren107
Click the image for an enlarged view.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 24, 2012
7:32 PM

Post #9285465

Thanks Sandy!

Love the vacation pictures!!!

Loretta, did you buy that little souvieneer?

This message was edited Sep 24, 2012 10:34 PM

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 24, 2012
7:44 PM

Post #9285476

It's probably in the mail winging it's way to you Deb! LOL
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 24, 2012
7:45 PM

Post #9285479

Just staking out a place, so that it will show up when a new post is made. I am heading to bed in just a few minutes.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 24, 2012
8:01 PM

Post #9285489

Vicki...here is the link you wanted. I am packing and moving in!!!

This house is for sale next to Vicki
http://www.coldwellbanker.com/property?propertyId=267324391&mode=detail&brandType=CB

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 24, 2012
8:04 PM

Post #9285491

I can fill you in on it if you are interested!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 24, 2012
8:05 PM

Post #9285492

Going to go and watch TV.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 24, 2012
8:14 PM

Post #9285499

I know Izzy would love that pond for sure...lots of room for gardens.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 25, 2012
12:14 AM

Post #9285643

Good morning!
Sandy, thanks for starting a new thread for us.
Debbie, love the house! I'd like to be Vicki's neighbor too!
Elsie, lovely gift! Great pics!
BonnieB, good to hear you got your glasses!

I worked hard yesterday to can all the pickles, went to bed late. More cans today.

Adina

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 25, 2012
3:56 AM

Post #9285697

Good morning everyone, going to leave home early today. DM has to have a scan on her stomach

Sandy and Andre
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

September 25, 2012
3:57 AM

Post #9285698

Debbie, no I didn't buy it. They had white egrets, pelicans and one flamingo. Tammy figured out they were made from PCV pipe. Quite clever.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

September 25, 2012
5:37 AM

Post #9285757

**oops, missed the new thread... **

I'll have to go back and read the past few days...

when we were in La Crosse WI for a few days, my computer power supply was working fine... when i got home and unpacked it, -- it was deader than a door nail. So, on what little battery life I had left [i've procrastinated getting a new battery, that will not hold a charge -- cuz i'm too cheap] so -- I got a new charger ordered, but not new battery...

the past few days i've been reading DG and emails on a tiny screen of a smart phone... I also need glasses, which makes it harder... and again, too cheap to buy some... i;ve been getting by using "cheaters" ... but I do believe I need to bite the bullet and get some bifocals.

long story longer... I've been sort of reading what I can, but will certainly have to go look at the girls travel pics.

When DH went up to coffee this morning, he left his laptop.

BonnieB -- to answer your question, No, no frost yet. we were definitely low 30's if not 32f, but living in the trees does keep my plants a bit more protected. I have one large pot on the "V" of my trailer, of White Queen Caladiums, and they look pretty sad. I think there i 1 leaf that still looks good, out of about 50, so it needs to go. All the others still look good... a bit wilty, so i watered yesterday... but good enough.
I have 4 hanging baskets at our Gazebo, i watered them yesterday... if they still look sad today, i may dump them all. They are filled with impatiens.

Havent checked the long range forcast -- but don't think we are expecting those over night COLD temps for a while again.

As for how long we will be here... "water shut off" is Oct 15th, that should be my last day of work. we;ll be here 4-5 days after, then head home for the winter. I think I'm really ready to get home.

Elsie -- what were you trying to feed that Pink Flamingo??

*edited typo*
I have to stop calling DH DG.

This message was edited Sep 25, 2012 7:42 AM

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 25, 2012
5:37 AM

Post #9285758

Good Morning!

Thanks for the new thread Sandy! I hope all goes well with the test today.

BonnieB - lots of driving around from the sounds of it! Some days just go like that I suppose.

Vicki - that's a gorgeous house & property! And the neighbor is fabulous from what I've heard. :-)

Debbie - I had to sneak in that flamingo somehow.

Loretta - feeling a little better today?

Adina - is it getting cool there too? Was in the mid-40's when I went outside this morning here!

Bonnie & Dianne - settling in to the routine at home?

~~~ to everyone
Tam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 25, 2012
5:39 AM

Post #9285760

Terese - cross posted w/you. I bet the crew at home will be happy to see you there again too. (Bud stays home, right?)

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 25, 2012
6:15 AM

Post #9285789

Good morning, it is cloudy and overcast here this morning, but no moisture falling from the sky just yet. I have a couple of outside chores, so will get to them in a minute.

I am hoping that today is a stay at home day, so that I can get caught up here. The kitchen looks like a cyclone went through and deposited everything on the bar area. I absolutely hate that thing.

Mr. B is still in bed, so I may roust him, so that he can get his business done before the rain starts.

Glad to see everybody home and settled in.

Vicki, would love to be your neighbor, but can we move the houses a little south? Brrr, I hate cold winters.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 25, 2012
6:25 AM

Post #9285798

Morning!

Was sure hoping there would be a taker on that house. Would love to be able to choose my new neighbor! LOL

No time to chat this morning. DS and DIL are coming out if he feels better today and I want to do some cleaning so I can put her to work cooking or baking or whatever in the house. Nice MIL aren't I?

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 25, 2012
7:03 AM

Post #9285830

I am up and moving...slowly but moving. Izzy and I had a frisbee game, it is in upper 40's out there but the sun feels so nice.

I think my back issue was doing the tomatoes standing at the sink so long. Been taking muscle meds the doc gave me, thought they would
knock me out...nope!

I made coffee over an hour ago and still haven't had any.

Vicki, love that house but WAY out of my price range. Izzy does love the pool and little bridge. Bet it has LOTS of frogs in it!

Elsie are you back to work, or have week off?

BonnieB, Izzy was slow getting up but she had her romp outside...and is now on the couch with my blanket (from Sandy) and not budging!

Bonnie...chime in and tell us how you are doing

Tam, are the assistants glad you are back? How is Scirroco doing?

Well..I have to go find that coffee.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 25, 2012
1:13 PM

Post #9286174

Since it did start to rain and outside work was not a possibility, got a lot done inside. The bar is cleaned off, and DH was rained out at the farm so I sat him down and he wrote Thank You notes for a good while. They are stamped and ready to go in the mail tomorrow. Knew if I didn't get him to do it right away, he would expect me to do it.

I think he and the 2 nieces are going to Amish country tomorrow. Since he has someone to go with him, I think I am staying at home. Don't like the horse events anyway, but am disappointed that he chose to do that without me, than for us to go someplace together.

My DTS called this afternoon, and told me that if I wanted to get a plane ticket to Las Vegas, her National convention for the Board of Community Development is going on Oct 13-17, and may just consider joining her there.

Well church meeting tonight at 6:00, so need to make us a sandwich and think about getting ready to go.

Back later.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

September 25, 2012
2:42 PM

Post #9286244

Terese - I bet you will be glad to be back home.

I think I was trying to feed the flamingo the price tag.

Debbie, I did work today. I could have easily stayed home. So tired. My head feels like a bowling ball.

Chloe is right beside me checking out the plastic bags of stuff I came home with. She may be the official 3.5 ounce inspector. The new recliner is a little too sliperty for my Chloe.

I'm going to heat up some soup. I see a nap in the near future.

My co-worker got her new glasses at Walmart. I had told her what nice frames they had. She said the optician told her that each Walmart optical center is different. And they are very different from Sam's Club. She got a really good price on her new glasses. Her frames were only $68.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

September 25, 2012
5:33 PM

Post #9286358

Hey Debbie, I have been absent and quiet for two days for two reasons. First I am totally whipped. The trip was more physically taxing than I expected and during the trip I developed a new pain in my right groin which has me very concerned. It is so bad that I cannot walk without a walker. My DM had pain in that same area prior to hip replacement surgery. I fell twice during the night in the bathroom and again on Sunday trying to roll my luggage to the front door. Second, a PIA Bonnie stowed away in my suitcase for the weekend and popped out all to frequently to act like a horse's rear end. I must say Tam, Dianne and Loretta/Roberta graciously put up with me without being ugly in return. I don't know how I fit poor, pitiful Pearl in my suitcase, but she was there.

DM hit me with a new wrinkle yesterday - wants to fire the night shift to save money. I cannot survive another battle with her right now. Consulting with my children to come up with a solution. Meanwhile, she is bombarding Tyia with phone calls demanding her presence immediately. At my recommendation, Tyia is holding her off saying the schedule is in place until Friday and cannot be changed. She is cussing Tyia over the phone.

Had my pre-op tests today for 10/1 hernia surgery. All they did was take two vials of blood. I was shocked!

Hopefully, I can tackle something that needs attention in this house tomorrow. And get back to this thread.

Bonnie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 25, 2012
5:38 PM

Post #9286362

Loretta - glad to hear you felt up to work today. I think you need to put a blankie on the new recliner for Chloe. What have you decided about your glasses?

Vicki - I'm with BonnieB. Just a little too cold for me where you are.

Debbie - My assistants are happy to get back to their work routine. Scirocco is better in that she is playing a lot more. But she is still scratching & grooming. She has put on a little weight. I wash the mater's in the sink, set them on a towel on the counter and do all subsequent work on the counter. Hate bending over too long. Hope the back feels better soon.

I've got another batch of tomato sauce roasted. I see some tomatoes are blackened - I think the cold got 'em. WE're going to eat tomato sauce all winter!

Tam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 25, 2012
5:44 PM

Post #9286367

cross posted with you Bonnie. That groin pain could be from your falls too. Don't assume the worst. Take care of yourself so the surgery goes more easily. And don't worry about ugly Bonnie. Pleasant Bonnie is all I remember from the vacation.

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 25, 2012
6:41 PM

Post #9286405

Well we are back from the church business meeting, and what a pitiful crowd. I think the minister was offended that no more people showed up. We may hear about it on Sunday! But it went well, and no problems. District Superintendent was pleased with our finances, and the overall general operation of the church. We got a certificate from the Bishop for 100% giving to the missions.

Bonnie, I am so sorry to hear that you had a couple of falls. I think that a little rest, get on with the surgery, and more rest will be all that you need. I think it is way past time for your DM to be somewhere where there is staff and where she will not have the freedom to fire them. I don't really see how you stand to deal with this day in and day out. Talk about being grumpy, no wonder you are at times. And your gracious guests would not ever think of retaliating. They are too nice.

Elsie, I vote with Tammy, put a blanket in the chair for chloe. Mr. B got to DH's recliner before he did, so he is snoozing and DH is sitting on the love seat! That is how we operate around here, first gets the best seat. We had rain today, and it thundered a little when it first started, so Mr. B immediately went to the closet, and stayed there until I pulled him out about 1:00. He hadn't been out all day. I want to see an xray of his bladder sometime, it must be beach ball sized!

Terese I still have out 4 hanging baskets. They have calibroche and petunias and another filler type plant, that I can't recall the name of right now. They haven't been affected, so we must not have had too much frost here. The baskets are looking sickly, but will just let them go as soon they will be dead anyway. I still have some hummers that are coming to the feeders. I noticed tonight that the only one I have out is out of food, so need to refill that tomorrow. I am sure they won't be here much longer.

Tammy you said you had an "aha moment" about your kitchen. Care to share that with us?

Vicki, I don't know what I would do with all that room in that house, but the grounds are beautiful. Maybe I would elect to pitch a tent and just enjoy the outdoors.

Well, I have a podiatrist appointment at 9:00 tomorrow, so need to start thinking about heading to bed. I think DH said that he is leaving at 7:00 in the morning, so will probably get up at the same time and have time to read the paper and drink my coffee.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

September 25, 2012
7:48 PM

Post #9286481

There is a bacon shortage and I think 4 women in SC played a huge part in it.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 25, 2012
8:05 PM

Post #9286495

Elsie...ROFLMAO. I told DH when I heard that on the news tonight I better go buy about 10 lbs. We never had a worry before because Carrie & Andy raised pigs, but they don't any more.

((((Bonnie))))) We all have our pitiful pearl days...and we go off the deep end. You are under a lot of emotional stress, health stress...it is going to happen.
IF it DIDN'T happen once in awhile with all you are facing...THEN I would be worried!!! This pain...could it be from your hernia? I think they calll it referred pain. And also adhesion's grow and can cause a similar pain. Glad you are going to the doctor and getting everything taken care of. My pre-ops were also just blood draws. They "monitor" your breathing by watching now while your sitting there and check blood pressure.

Well, DH went to Sam's club...got miss Izzy a new bed. Its big enough...to hold 3 cats...and the dog is on the couch!!!!

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 25, 2012
11:12 PM

Post #9286546

Good morning! I finished canning the cukes too last night. I was out all afternoon...we went with my Mom to search for a door for her apartment. We went to several stores, but finally we took the door from the closest store. They will come today to fix it .

((((Bonnie)))) so sorry for your falls! I agree with Debbie, you are under so much stress and had so much pain lately with your legs...DM with her complains is the cherry on the cake! Please take care of you and rest for the surgery. I hope the pain is only from the falls and nothing serious. Sending you hugs and prayers.

BonnieB, I hope the appointment goes well. Good news from the church! Glad you got the new glasses.

Tam, wow, so much tomato juice, good for you! We have better weather, getting warmer these days, until next week when it's going to get cold again. The mornings are chilly here too, but at noon temps go up with 10 degrees C.

Debbie, I hope the muscle meds are working. Izzy thinks she is a cat and the cats think they are dogs!LOL

Vicki, what a good MIL you are, really! Have a nice visit with the kids, I know you are so looking forward to it.

Terese, I hope your laptop works now.

Dianne, how are you?

Adina

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

September 26, 2012
2:45 AM

Post #9286578

Gosh I guess a tomato shortage will soon be announced to go along with the bacon shortage, at least in Charleston. Never have I eaten more bacon and tomato sandwiches. We shopped at a Whole Foods Market on our way in where we found delicious heirloom tomatoes, green and black figs and uncured bacon.

Elsie other than the slippery cover, do you like your new recliner?

Having a cup of tea this morning.

Happy Belated Birthday, Vicki.

Good morning everyone.

Bonnie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 26, 2012
5:03 AM

Post #9286621

Goo morning everyone
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Bonnie}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
LOL on the Bacon shortage and Izzy's bed

I have get to get dressed and take the pest for his run before I kill him!!!!
Back later

Sandy and the pest

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 26, 2012
5:06 AM

Post #9286623

I hadn't heard about the bacon shortage! Whew! Glad we had our fill. Oh those BLT's were so good!

BonnieB - I realized I could move the cook top & turn the corner into the living room. It would wrap my kitchen around a wall - 270deg turn rather than a normal 90deg corner. But allow another 8-10' of wall space and easier access. I'm still working out the dimensions. Its REALLY tight.

It looks like a gloomy day - I think the rain will help our newly seeded lawn. Those machines tore up a huge area and only some of the grass is coming up. Pretty much where we can reach it with a hose. :-)

Have a great day everyone!
Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 26, 2012

Post #9286649

I am up and have had my coffee and read the paper. It is raining, but I will have to get out and at least make that Dr appointment. I will do the grocery shopping as I am in the same city. Would be foolish to have to make another trip.

I hadn't heard about the bacon shortage. Do I need to stock up today?

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 26, 2012
5:44 AM

Post #9286652

Get a short wet run in, it started to lightly rain right when I started taking the bike off the back porch. But had to go as the pest was expected his run.

Sandy and the pest

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 26, 2012
5:49 AM

Post #9286658

Morning!

Sat and chatted with the kids yesterday. That was a good rest for my feet. DIL is on her way to being on the Dean's list and she is worried about passing! LOL We made brownies and I took some of the batter put some in a pan added thin mints and another layer of brownie batter. Will be trying those at work today. The rest of the batter I added pecans, marshmallows and choco chips. Those were nice and chewy gooey! Then I had taken some apples out of the freezer and used tortias and made apple roll ups. Those were so good. Good visit and lots of daydream talking.

Bacon shortage!!! No! Maybe we should buy that pig and make our own. That was part of our talk yesterday. Now if we had freezer room. Still want to get another freezer and start up grading what we have.

Sandy are you back from your run yet?

Yes Elsie how is the chair? Have a good day at work.

Adina aren't you glad all that work is done and pleased when you look at it on the shelf? Hey Where is the picture of it or are you writing another article? How are the doggies doing? Have or will you see Nicolas soon?

Bonnie be careful. That falling is not fun.

Gotta go and feed Ty. Make something for supper. To cold to put plastic on the window today. But DH got my runway put up so I can do it.

I can post pictures again. It was the port not working. DS said there were more on the back which I didn't know! So it was an easy fix!
Now I gotta go!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 26, 2012
5:57 AM

Post #9286665

Good morning,

So dark and dreary outside I slept in. Woke to the smell of coffee and finding DS had come home this morning. Has been staying with a friends family down the road.

It is going to pour sometimes soon, but I am fine with that.

I had a "duh" moment at about Midnight last night. I have this beautiful vine and was so disappointed as all I heard was how beautiful it is when it blooms. I always find the spent blooms on the ground,never saw the flowers. So took Izzy out before bed last night and happened to look to my left...and there was this HUGE white flower opened to the sky. Ahhhhhh...this is why its called the Moon Flower...it only opens when the moon is out and totally dark!!! I took pictures and will load later.

Bacon shortage. Still can't believe such a thing. It is already sky high with price at about $5.00 a lb.

Enjoy your day
Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 26, 2012
6:20 AM

Post #9286680

Vickie back and almost dry

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 26, 2012
8:43 AM

Post #9286826

Yay, I got an appointment to get my hair "did". LOL I look like I was electrocuted with my perm growing out. My "bangs" are down to bottom of my nose and just stick straight out with the curls! lol Not sure if I am going to go for a "fall color" or stay my "natural" blonde.

The rain arrived and its rather dreary out with a chill.

Vicki are you off today or back to work? I had scrambled eggs for breakfast and am now down 8 lbs since last week. Yay again.

Shanes home playing piano and going between that and music upstairs. He asked if I needed help with anything...I almost fainted.

Izzy is not sleeping on the new bed out in the living room...but the cats still love it.

Sandy, how is the knee doing?

Dianne, are you feeling better?

Chloe and Corky pictures are still needed...poor neglected babies.

Tam, glad Scirroco is doing a bit better. My Franky has us concerned, getting up in age but such a sweetheart.

Be back "after" the hair issue is over.

Debbie

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 26, 2012
8:47 AM

Post #9286831

Deb am back to work today! But had an easy 2 days off. Didn't get much done here but oh well! Hair! Mine needs cut also. But waiting until I don't have to pull it back and put it up. It can still get plenty hot at work.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 26, 2012
8:51 AM

Post #9286834

I tried pulling my back to put up, but the sides are too short from perm..(layers) and it just poofed out and I looked REALLY like Bozo.
Bad enough I act like him...not the looks!

Still celebrating the birthday week? I think you should!
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

September 26, 2012
9:08 AM

Post #9286852

Here are a couple..have to find the charger for the camera so I can take some more..I have some things blooming I want to take some pictures of, so I need to find the charger! We are being swallowed by the clutter in this house!

Thumbnail by melvatoo   Thumbnail by melvatoo         
Click an image for an enlarged view.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 26, 2012
10:31 AM

Post #9286936

Debbie knee is doing very good, go tomorrow to get second shot and hoping they will start on the right one.
Ankles are still a mess

Melva I understand about the clutter-I need a backhoe to shovel out this house

Get a new mouse took me a bit of time to download the information so I could program it but this one I will not lose--not only does it have a leash but it had blue light on the sides.

Sandy and Andre
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

September 26, 2012
2:38 PM

Post #9287115

Speaking of Bozo... Tammy and I were watching the food network and we thought the chef put clown juice in the pot. LOLOL!!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 26, 2012
3:10 PM

Post #9287160

AND...what were you drinking? Pink ladies with Bonnie?
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

September 26, 2012
3:32 PM

Post #9287187

Hey - I don't drink and we both heard it. It was clam juice. hehe

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 26, 2012
3:40 PM

Post #9287194

Well... we were checking our bags so I had to finish the last of the ingredients by having another Shady Lady. :-) Oh they were so good!

Debbie - congratulations on the weight loss! That's terrific. Looking forward to seeing a pic of the new hair do. What did you decide to do w.r.t color?

Melva - pretty pictures! Corky looks like he's going to sneeze though. :-)

Loretta - what did that ingredient turn out to be? Do you remember?

Sandy - sounds like a good mouse!

Vicki - oh those brownies sound fabulous! Nice to hear you are enjoying your DS & DSIL! Good for her on those grades. I swear by worrying. I think its how I got through school - always worried I'd fail so I was motivated to study!

BonnieB - I hope the Dr appointment went well. Did you pick up some bacon to stash away?

I got in a good workout today. Its been about a month since I've worked out regularly (and it was a bit slim even then). I've done some exercise 3 days in a row. pat pat pat (on my own back. lol)

I had Squash, Lentil & Chickpea stew for dinner. Slow cooker. OH - I just realized I forgot the last ingredients: cashews & lime juice. At least Gary will enjoy them in it.

Tam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 26, 2012
3:41 PM

Post #9287196

Cross posted w/you Loretta. Clam juice!

I can't say I wasn't drinking though. Wasn't that our Shady Lady night? I did get a bit tipsy. hehehe
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

September 26, 2012
3:54 PM

Post #9287205

How is this one?

Thumbnail by melvatoo

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 26, 2012
6:14 PM

Post #9287329

Melva thank you for the Corky pics, very nice!

Clam juice? Hmmm...big stretch from Bozo juice...Tam was drinking and the fumes over took Elsie, I am sure of it! haha Sounds like a great time.

Re: the hair. My son said "Mom, go back to a warmer color...your natural reddish brown with highlights". I am like "but my hair is blonde natural!!!" (OK so I was 5...but it was!!!) Anyway...back to my "normal" fall color of a brownish red with some highlights giving it an auburn mixed in there. He approved. Dh said "It looks like you". OK...so..whats that mean?

I have a stomach ache tonight so had a roo tbeer float to "put the fire out" I was feeling in my stomach.

Tomorrow is grocery day and I don't know what else.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 26, 2012
6:36 PM

Post #9287346

going to call it a night, stupid left arm keep going numb, need to change the way i set

good night

sandy and andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 26, 2012

Post #9287348

Debbie - that poor roo! I have a spare one if you want to make beer out of him too. I hope you feel better.

Melva - now that is a kitty with attitude!

Fred is cuddled up and purring up a storm. :-)

Have a good night everyone. I'm off to read for a while

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 26, 2012
6:50 PM

Post #9287366

Tam, I might need the spare one...its affecting my typing and spelling big time.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 26, 2012
6:57 PM

Post #9287382

Well it was a good day here. The podiatriast gave me a little soft rubber thing to put between my toes so they won't rub. Well it is better than the cotton balls I had been using. Sure hope this helps as I was getting blisters between my big toe and the one next to it when I was walking. See something that tried to stop me from exercising.

Grocery day, and no I did not buy any bacon. If DH wants any, he can make a stop by the grocery and pick it up. I am a cereal eater, except when I have company and make a breakfast casserole. Then it is sausage, eggs and cheese. Love that dish, but too many calories.

My gynocologist called today, and I am scheduled for more surgery on Tuesday of next week. The cancer again. I tried the experimental meds and couldn't tolerate them, so surgery was the third option. Scheduled as out patient, and she said that in all probability would get to go home that same night. So may be MIA for a couple of days afterwards.

Melva, Corky looks like he is really mad at somebody. Hehe. I think he was like my Miss Boots, she didn't tolerate camers at all.

Elsie and Tammy, I don't know about you two. Clown juice, oh, shoowee, that could be any body fluid. Glad that it was clarified to clam juice, but frankly I don't think there is much difference!!

Debbie, that is what color I want my hair, but my hairdresser says that it wouldn't look good. Duh, I am a natural auburn and wanted some highlights in it. So I am an ash brown with highlights. I have had several compliments on my hair so it must look good and natural at the same time. I am probably 90% gray by now.

We are under a storm warning and Mr B was in the closet when I got back from Bible Study. No chance of him coming out until the thunder has been over at least 2 or 3 hours. May pull him out and try to get him to sleep with me, since DH isn't here.

Okay, off to bed.

Chantell

Chantell
Middle of, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 26, 2012
7:12 PM

Post #9287406

Hey all...just popping in to ask you to come over and join in prayer and support for our Becky aka Bec_No_Va http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1280766/

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 26, 2012
7:16 PM

Post #9287408

Oh BonnieB, sure wish you didn't have to undergo more surgery. You have had a rough two years with that. My DM had to wear one of those little rubber things between her toes, and it did help. Hope it does the same for you.

Down at the hairdressers one of the customers came in and said "its going to storm, dogs in the closest again" and I immediately thought of Mr. B and Andre'. Told her about the thunder shirts.

I don't usually make bacon for breakfast much, but we like BLTs, and I use it in some soups, toppings for baked potatoes and other recipes. When I cook a full pound, I put 3/4 of it wrapped up for those specific purposes. Or we might make a turkey club sandwich one day and it is all made.

I fell asleep on the couch about 6:30 and woke up at 8:00...I hope I can go back to sleep. My body says yes...my mind isn't quite ready.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 26, 2012
7:34 PM

Post #9287423

Debbie, I am sure that there are quite a few other dogs that are just as scared of thunder as Mr. B is. I think I may try to drag him out, as the storm is past, and just distant rumblings now. Surely by the time I get ready for bed, he will be okay. I have tried to just hold him in my arms really tight and talk to him, but he would much rather be where it is dark and the sounds are muffled.

Well, the experimental meds I couldn't tolerate, so I went through 2 different ones, and so this is the only option. Since DH may have to have surgery on his shoulder, I figured I may as well get mine over with, so that if he has surgery that I will be able to nurse him back to health. DS would come, but hate to ask as that would mean quite a bit further for him to drive to go to work. I think we can get through this without much help from outside. DH has a cousin that is a sweetie, and would come if I called and asked her, so we are not without any remedies.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

September 26, 2012
9:35 PM

Post #9287551

Ah, Tam, I believe wine was the drink of choice the evening Loretta became Roberta and you developed your "stragedy" for playing the game of Mexican Train. It seems the Shady Ladies (vodka, Midori, grapefruit juice) were the perfect drink for a lazy afternoon of sitting in the wicker furniture on the screened porch under the gentle breeze of the ceiling fans in the deep South. And yes, they went well with packing too. It would have been a shame to leave any of the grapefruit juice behind.

(((((BonnieB))))) sorry more surgery is indicated.

Have to take a phone call.

Goodnight.

Bonnie

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 27, 2012
12:10 AM

Post #9287591

Good morning! Beautiful day ahead, warmer than usual . One more day until TGIF...first shift is bad, having to wake up so early, go to work, then when I got home lay down for a while trying to rest. Then I made lunch and after we ate, I went out in the garden to bury some compost. It got dark so quickly that I couldn't pick up the ripe tomatoes anymore...grrr! Anyway it was good because I had to finish an article about the four-leaf clover, so I spent about 3 hours for that...went to bed late again...sigh.

Vicki, I'll post some pics of the cans later when I get home. I answered your question , yes I wrote another article and already submitted it for approval. I don't know if I will see Nicholas in person soon, but I can see him in pictures which my DD is sending me from time to time. Just saw a few she sent yesterday...I had to delete a few which showed parts of the jerk...grrrr!!! The doggies are well, thanks for asking. I need to put more flea drops on them next month cause the ticks are starting to be bad. Hooray for your port functioning again, hugs to your DS for repairing it! Glad you had such a nice visit with DS and DIL...yummy cakes!

Debbie, congrats for the weight loss! I'd love to see your curls! OMG, Shane wanted to help...he still remembers, LOL...it's a good start!

Tam, congrats for doing regular exercise... pat, pat, pat from me too!LOL

Melva, what lovely photos! Corky is so cute!

Sandy, sorry for your ankles still hurting. At least the knees are better.

(((((((((BonnieB))))))), I'm so sorry you need another surgery. I'll keep you in my prayers. Keep us posted when you get a date. I have a picture with Nicholas coloring on the book and with the colors you sent him. My Mom has the same toes issue and she bandages her big toe and the one next to him so they won't rub. I'll tell her about the rubber thing, maybe she finds it here at the pharmacy .

Bonnie, thanks for the laugh...I could almost see you all playing the Mexican train, with the drinks on the table...I understand Loretta/Roberta was a mistake due to too much clam juice?ROFL

Posting the pics now, have to go.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 27, 2012
4:36 AM

Post #9287665

Good morning everyone
getting ready to do get my second injections

Chantell thank you for posting about Becky most of us already know

Waving at everyon-I need to kill a dog

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 27, 2012

Post #9287698

Good Morning!

I'm sorry to hear you need yet another surgery on your delicate parts BonnieB. I admire your self-reliance but do be sure you ask for help that you do need.

Sandy - I hope it doesn't hurt too much and helps a lot!

Becky - if you are still keeping up with us, I want you to know I'm thinking of you.

Debbie - tap tap tap... :-) Lookin' forward to a photo of that new do!

Bonnie - I think you could be right. I think we played Mexican Train later in the evening that day we had Shady Ladies as well. The clam juice was probably from the wine fumes.

Adina - Nicholas sure is growing fast! I'm glad Andreea is keeping you in their life.

Vicki - have a good day at work.

~~~ to Melva, Loretta, Dianne and the rest of the HWYD family
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 27, 2012
5:52 AM

Post #9287710

But I just got out of the shower Tam!!! It will have to wait til this afternoon when my hair is dry. lol

I am supposed to head out and grocery shop, but Shane wanted to come and he isn't home yet. Told him to be home by 9:00...he will walk in either at 8:59 or 9:01.

Adina, Nicholas is so so growing fast! Such a cutie. Sometimes,when I see what you are going through, I am glad I won't have grandchildren...and will stick with Grandcats!!

I think Andreea is much like my Shannon is being, as she wants to prove to US that she is adult and can make it on her own...but keeps making a mess with her choices...and doesn't want us to know. I keep praying they will outgrow this stage.

Waving good morning to everyone...I need to get ready incase he does show up on time!!!

Debbie
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 27, 2012
6:46 AM

Post #9287762

Good morning, another gray, cloudy rainy day here.

Slept in this morning, and it sure felt great. Just finished my coffee and reading the paper, and need to start doing some laundry and some decluttering of this house. I hope the rain stops long enough for me to get in a walk. I want to try out the new device which is supposed to help with the toes rubbing together.

Adina, Nicholas is soooo good looking. Andreea may get payback for her behavior when Nicholas is old enough to date.

Tam, thanks for you thoughts, I will ask for help if it is needed. About the only way it is comfortable is recling for the first few days. Or standing. LOL.

Off to get started on my boring day.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

September 27, 2012
7:59 AM

Post #9287840

Speaking of that screened porch - the green drinks are the Shady Ladies. The other ladies I think you will recognize.

Saying goodby at the airport.

Thumbnail by greersfolly   Thumbnail by greersfolly   Thumbnail by greersfolly   Thumbnail by greersfolly   

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

September 27, 2012
8:27 AM

Post #9287866

Example of the local art form - baskets made by the black ladies of Charleston of the local marsh grass, sweetgrass. My basket was made by a lady named Lucy whose grandmother taught her the art at the age of five years.

The first lemons from my tree this year. It is the first year I have a decent yield.

Thumbnail by greersfolly   Thumbnail by greersfolly   Thumbnail by greersfolly      

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 27, 2012
9:10 AM

Post #9287907

Oh, Bonnie I love the basket. Love the locally made craft items and usually come home with bunches. I have some very lovely hand made jewelery from the Bahamas, I know it doesn't rank up there with diamonds, but I love it because of the skill of the people who made it.

Been doing all sorts of things today, laundry, a little cleaning and straightening, went for my walk, took some DCon out to my building as the mice are already trying to find winter homes, and cleaning the trunk of my car. DH put a bale of hay in it, and you can imagine what was left when the hay came out.

Going to church in a bit to put out some fall decorations. Sure is time for them.

Chantell

Chantell
Middle of, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 27, 2012
11:44 AM

Post #9288055

!!! Bonnie !!! (((HUGS)))) Miss you!!
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

September 27, 2012
2:01 PM

Post #9288161

Diesel had his big boy shots today. He weighed in at 46 lb so is filling his frame out nicely. He is as tall if not taller than Quill. The vet was very pleased with him and of course he had the whole staff wrapped around his little paws (well not so little). He was spooked by the vehicle traffic on the road at the vet's - of course he gets so few vehicles here they are scarey to him.

(((BonnieB))) I'll be there with you the day of surgery. Quill and DIesel are insisting they come along too.

Still a titch dizzy and being on the computer really accentuates the dizziness. I try to read every day to keep caught up. Almost had to cancel my trip to SC as I had a massive dizzy spell and black out on the lane the Sat. night before leaving walking home from the lane's Chilifest. Which I won for best chili!! A neighbour found me and took me home. He also walked the dogs all day Sun for me plus drove me and picked me up in Ottawa. Had a great time in Charleston!

~~~~~ to everyone.
Dianne

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 27, 2012
5:12 PM

Post #9288299

And have you been to the doctor yet Dianne?

Chantell - nice to see you pop in a few times!

Bonnie - great pictures! I love the lemons... gonna make lemonaide?

Loretta - how are the glasses working out? You haven't mentioned.

Debbie - is the hair dry yet? Did Shane show up on time? Curious minds and all, ya know. :-)

BonnieB - got a chuckle at the idea of hay in your car. Doesn't he have a truck? Sounds like you had a productive day!

I'm just so frazzled with work. I seem to be in the middle of every pressing matter in the organization. I can't get to a couple of key projects for more than a few minutes here and there! Ugh. I even let my stress come out in my tone today on a conf. call.

Zephyr is really after me for her needs too. Funny cat jumps onto a table or the sofa when I get near either one. She's ready for some scritches at all times.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 27, 2012
5:51 PM

Post #9288319

Oh ladies...I need a pink lady...big time!

Shane showed up and everything went fine...until my phone rang. Sigh. I will learn not to answer one of these days.

Long story short...The childs life possessions are moved home with the child to follow on the weekend. I also have the grandkittens.

Sigh.

Pass that drink! Be back The hair is now frizzy and gray again!
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

September 27, 2012
5:54 PM

Post #9288322

BonnieB, we will be there with you too. (((HUGS)))

Tammy, I hope work calms down for you.

Dianne, have you made an appointment for the doctor?

Bonnie, great pictures!

Debbie, I hope things improve for all of you.

I'm going to try to get to the optical place on Saturday morning. These glasses are rather odd and I still can't see well. Very busy at work. Nothing much going on here.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 27, 2012
6:41 PM

Post #9288357

Well, I did get a lot accomplished today.

Tammy, yes DH has 2 pick up trucks. The last time I went to pick up DGD, she called and wanted a bale of hay. Not 10 bales or 4 bales but a bale of hay. DH decided that since gas is so high that the car would get better mileage than either of the trucks, so he put it in the trunk. DGD unloaded it, and I was stuck with all the little chaff and all on carpet in the trunk. What a mess. Won't do that again either.

Debbie, oh wow, I am so sorry that you are having the boomerang kids. Just when you thought you would have all the time alone with DH, yep, been there done that, and it isn't funny at all. Just make sure that they are assigned jobs around the house and charge them a token amount of rent. I know the economy is bad, but they do have to learn to manage money and live on their own.

Dianne, oh, so glad that Diesel's vet appointment went well. Yep, not being around any vehicles it will take a bit for him to get used to the big growling machines that are sure to get him. Now, Dianne, (shaking my finger in your face, and wagging my head back and forth) just why have you not made an appointment and seen the Dr this week?This is not something that needs to be put off. A neighbor finding you in the lane, now that is not good, and it indicates that you were there for awhile. Do you want the coyotes to snack on you, or the fishers, or goblins or whatever comes along? May have to whip out my passport and come shake you good if you don't get seen by the first of next week.

Elsie, my glasses are so comfortable and needed no adjustment. I am very happy with them. Just go back and tell them that they need adjusting and you will be surprised at the tiniest movement, and everything comes in clear focus.

Elsie, and Dianne, so glad to hear that you will be there for my surgery. It is 2:00 in the afternoon, and I am not crazy about that time, as I will be so hungry and thirsty and probably my mood will have gone south about 10:00. That is not a pretty sight, so make sure you cover the fur kids eyes as I don't want them scared too bad with my whining and snarling because I am hungry.

Well, have pre op stuff tomorrow, so don't know what time I will be here or when I will get back. Too many times and appointments to keep up with. I need a medical secretary.

Off to check some other things, then to bed shortly.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

September 27, 2012
8:46 PM

Post #9288476

Corky and I will be there too..2:00 Tuesday?
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 27, 2012
8:56 PM

Post #9288479

Yep, Thanks everybody, I know to ask for the biggest operating room and have been granted that request.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

September 27, 2012
9:30 PM

Post #9288497

Sorry I cannot be there on Tuesday afternoon, BonnieB. It sounds like you will have quite a crowd to support you..

I have my own surgery on Monday morning that no one plans to attend.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

September 27, 2012
10:00 PM

Post #9288510

I don't think you will be alone, Bonnie!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 27, 2012
10:04 PM

Post #9288511

Bonnie you will not be alone. Andre knows how to be two places at once and he told me,
he would back sure we we would be able to be in both place in time. All I have to do is hang onto his tail

{{{{{{{{{{{to both of you}}}}}}}}

Sandy and Andre the wonder dog (that is "wonder what he is into now")

This message was edited Sep 28, 2012 12:06 AM

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 27, 2012
10:07 PM

Post #9288513

I had the second shot in my left knee today and the first shot in my right knee. We will see how it goes.

Sandy and Andre
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

September 27, 2012
11:00 PM

Post #9288528

Oh Bonnie you certainly will not be alone. I was waiting until Sunday to post Quill, Diesel and I were on the way to be with you in the OR and recovery. Are you still going to your DM's Monday night ? Last night in the very few hours that I slept I was dreaming about you going to your DM's and having trouble hooking up the box for the TV. Why oh why that stuck in my pea brain after you mentioned it last week I don't know but it did. In my dream you also started to sing to me some song about not worrying Moe would come and set up the TV for you. And I didn't even have a Shady Lady!!!!!

Doctor was called and she finally called me back on Wed..My GP is also the coroner for the township and she was called out on Mon afternoon. I am going in for blood tests on Monday am.. She is thinking these spells are sounding like low blood sugar count which I have shown signs of before. Since I am waiting for a MRI appointment anyway she thought she would run some blood tests first.

Not sleeping tonight so think I will put some blues on the CD player and just lay here - maybe the sandman will creep in.

Melva loved seeing the photos of Corky.

Dianne

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

September 28, 2012
2:51 AM

Post #9288575

Dianne, ROTFLMBO - song about Moe! How did you ever remember that? I had enough of DM this week. Will not be going there to overnight after surgery I am going to try to pay my bills before the phone starts ringing again with more wild schemes from her.

Cats dancing around for breakfast.

BBL,

Bonnie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 28, 2012
5:07 AM

Post #9288631

Good Morning!

Zephyr says she's really excited to meet Swiper while she's there to support you Bonnie! She's had a crush on him for a long time. Scirocco, Fred, Truffles & Pixel are all looking forward to the trip as well. (I think Pixel has the hots for Stetson but doesn't want to admit it). So we'll see you Mon!

BonnieB - the crew has agreed to the standard truce. No fighting, just happy purring for the good work the doctor will be doing for you. Sorry to hear its later in the day, but I"m sure you'll handle it just fine.

Dianne - glad you got the appointment made. Have you tried having a peice of fruit when you get dizzy? I do recall you said you felt better after you ate that first day. I sure hope its easily managed with some tweaks to your diet! And I forgot to comment on Diesel - 42lbs already? Wow!

Sandy - hope the injections do their magic for you. Do they have them for the ankles or shoulders too?

Loretta - I sure hope BonnieB's right. That some adjustments will resolve the vision oddities with the new glasses. I recall this happened when I did wear glasses. Certainly they should test your vision with the new glasses to be sure everythign is as expected!

Melva - the girls are looking forward to bumping into Corky next week too. :-)

Debbie - will the grand-kitties stay in her room so you don't have any territory issues? Oh my, your life is never boring, is it!

I woke up thinking of everything I have to do! So much both for my personal life & for work. I'll "get 'er done" as Vicki's boyfriend would say!

Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 28, 2012
6:06 AM

Post #9288677

Morning!

Bonnie of course Ty and I will be there! Ty likes kitties. I am just having problems keeping track of everyone right now. Too much to get done here.

BonnieB Ty and I will also be with you. He is looking forward to seeing everyone.

Deb Oh NO! Well I think we knew this was going to happen but I sure hope all goes well and the kids behave and act like grownups. Hugs to you!

Elsie when I got my glasses I couldn't see right and got them adjusted and it was so much better. So maybe that is all it will take.

Melva that Corky is a looker. I keep thinking he is all white and he isn't!

Tam we can't be temper free at work all the time or we will explode and that would be worse!

I have to go and make a phone call. Then I should get my morning started. Plan on working outside today and going for a good walk.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 28, 2012

Post #9288683

Good morning everyone one

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 28, 2012
6:19 AM

Post #9288688

Good morning, it is drizzling rain this morning, what I really needed for the 60 mile drive to my Dr appointment. Think I will go to the city early and do some shopping, since it is not a day to get anything accomplished here.

Thanks to all of you for your support and attendance.

Bonnie I will be there for you on Monday, but since you will be recouping, just send the boys and we will take care of them and make sure they get home okay.

Oh, the pets are sure going to be busy next week, so lets give them extra cuddles over the weekend.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 28, 2012
6:38 AM

Post #9288704

Good morning, Bonnie...of course we will be there Monday...and don't ya know, we ARE women and can do two things at once and be in both places at one time.
Just don't tell the men we can do that.

No sleep here. I am so stressed with The Child and DS even knows and came home and has been helping me. Asked me "did you have your eyebrows done, or did you pull them out in stress?" Yeah...its been that bad. I just tear up and don't know what to do. There is an entire apartment with of furniture, clothing, pots and pans etc out on my front porch!!!! Covered in tarps!

Get this, last night at 11:00 I was just settling down and ready to go to bed and start getting texts from her "MOM! Where are you? It says in the lease that if I leave early...I might have to either pay it all immediately, pay it monthly until someone new moves in, or they will take me to court...Mom, if they do that I can't move. Mom, it is going to cost me 3X as much for gas living home. Mom...what do I do.

OMGosh my head was swimming. We went over ALL of that at the apartment before we moved one box...this brain injury issue is so so unforgiving and just hard to deal with. In many ways it is a type of dementia and ADHD rolled into one. Both DH and I are hardly moving (he is at work) and I woke right up in bed at 4:30 and told him about last night. He is AMAZING and just said...we gotta move it back, we gotta move it back...but will figure it out.

Kitties are in Shannons room with all their toys and goodies. Dex & Lexi keep trying to go in there and put their paws under the door and rattled it all night. That is the bed they sleep on in the sunbeams. They are not happy the nieces have moved in.

Tam, we already have territory issues with Daisy peeing everywhere...these two won't make must difference. I called the shelter yesterday...just to get hours and such. It is FULL. Then saw the same thing on evening news with pictures of kittens in carriers out int he front lobby. Sigh.

OK, coffee is ready...Deep breath

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

September 28, 2012
8:20 AM

Post #9288845

Tammy, mums the word on the love interest coming from your crew. Swiper would blush right out to the tips of his dark brown coat and Stetson would ratchet up his energy level by leaps and bounds - which would be disastrous in an OR. Both will be flattered to be the objects of attention of such charming, beautiful, feline ladies when they learn of their secret admirers.

Oh, Debbie those grown kids keep coming back like bad pennies. Only they come home with excess baggage. This time the four legged kind!! You are going to have a cat revolution on your hands. Congrats on the weight loss.

BonnieB my surgery was originally scheduled at 1:30 PM on Monday at another branch of the same hospital which is probably 6 minutes from my house. However, since his hernia is over a very old incision, I started having fear that I might have to stay overnight in the hospital. If I did I wanted to be in the hospital where I had my knee surgery. They were wonderful there and the location is only about 20 minutes away. I much rather the early morning call where you don't have to sit around all day and wait. Especially if the doctor gets behind schedule.

Sandy hope the shots give you good, long lasting relief.

Adina, Nicholas is getting soooo tall. Sorry you are working the first shift. It must be hard to get to the work place that early each day.

Elsie sending good thoughts your way in the battle of the eyeglasses. BTW: I picked up a carton of Campari Tomatoes yesterday. This week they are running small - slightly larger than a golf ball. Haven't tried one yet. I also bought three pounds of bacon. My grocery had their store brand bacon, which I like, at $3.87 per pound.

There must be a weather front approaching. My entire body is aching. Think I am going back to bed.

TTYL,

Bonnie
c

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 28, 2012
1:52 PM

Post #9289139

TGIF!!!!!!!!!! It's been such an exausting week! Today we're celebrating 31 years of marriage. I made some choix-a-la creme, so yummy!
Thank you all for your kind words about Nicholas. Andreea called today and he was in a better mood, so he talked to me and said "Come Grandma!" and counted from one to ten repeating after his Mom , so cute!

Bonnie, I will also be there with you for your surgery, so count me in! It will be a crowd, with all 4 doggies!LOL I pray that everything goes well so you can come home soon. Rest and take care of you, so you can recover quickly.

BonnieB, I'm sure Andreea will have her share with Nicholas when he grows up, although I wouldn't want this to happen if I can help it! Thinking of you for the surgery too and will be there with you too with my crew. Mr. B will have lots of mates to play with!LOL

Elsie, I hope you can find the right glasses. Are you going to a different optical place?

Dianne, what a scare to get dizzy and fall! I hope they find out what's wrong with you. Congrats for Diesel having his big boy shots! Did you have a good sleep?

Sandy, I hope the knees aren't sore anymore after the shots.

Tam, don't work too hard!

Debbie, I think you are right, they are both the same! Thinking of you and sending good vibes for comfort.

Vicki, how was your day ? Posting the cans I made.
First is the pot with the eggplant stew "zacusca", second the cans I put it in, third the pickled sweet peppers .

I have to go to sleep,, it's late.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti      

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

September 28, 2012
1:52 PM

Post #9289140

Bonnie, good luck with your surgery on Monday. I hope the tomatoes are good. The lemons in your basket look wonderful.

Dianne, I am sure you know this but get a package of kid's juice boxes in a juice that you like. Keep a couple in the car and take one with you on your walks. It's just enough to raise your blood sugar quickly.

Debbie, sorry things are such a mess.

TGIF!!

I feel like I need a vacation. hehe

Here are a few pictures my Mom sent me. While I was away a part of a tree fell on a mobile home. Too scary!!

Thumbnail by elsie   Thumbnail by elsie   Thumbnail by elsie   Thumbnail by elsie   

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 28, 2012
1:55 PM

Post #9289141

Elsie, how scary! I hope no one was hurt.

Bonnie, I forgot to tell you how much I love the basket and congrats for the lemons. Are they from the sick lemon tree?

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 28, 2012
3:46 PM

Post #9289221

Adina the shots are not painful, they numb the area first, the knees just fill tight after. There is no pain today taking care of theand the ankles are even feeling better.

Waving at everyone, get to get back to the kindle

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 28, 2012
4:02 PM

Post #9289228

Sandy, did they do both knees now? Sure hope this helps you.

Elsie, that is scary about the trailer. Is it near your area?

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

September 28, 2012
4:27 PM

Post #9289261

Debbie, it is in the same mobile park I live in. It's just down the street.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

September 28, 2012
4:42 PM

Post #9289274

Adina, yes they are from the tree that had an infestation under the leaves. Most of it is gone, but the leaves are still falling from the tree. However, the lemons are all starting to turn yellow. Does anyone know if I pick them when they still have some green showing or do I wait until they are all yellow?

Well after a week that was simply horrible, today ended on a very positive, upbeat note. My new compression wear leggings arrived in the mail - TWO PAIR!!! The tech from the CPAP store is meeting me at the Katy location tomorrow morning to recalibrate my machine so I can use it again (it did not like being checked as baggage on the flight to SC). I stopped in at the Infiniti dealership to inquire about the $2,200 rebate due me since May when I traded the big SUV for the mid-size SUV. I had called the finance guy who handled by paperwork four times since May to be told each time my check would be expedited. Today, I went to the office of the manager of the dealership my good friend (wink, wink), Hart. I put my $$$$ complaint on the desk of friend, Hart and added also that service writer, Mylanea, had not returned my call on Monday requesting an appointment to bring the car in for recall work even though I mentioned to her that the car was running poorly. Hart went away to speak with the finance guy for about 3 minutes. Before I knew it, five Infiniti people were in the office. Hart, finance guy, Mylanea, my salesman, Terry, and the big boss of the repair shop. Finance guy asked if I had ever received the buy out papers from Infiniti showing that the lease on the big SUV had been paid in full. I said I didn't remember. He kept inferring that if I had that, Infiniti could see that the car had been turned in and could issue the check. I said, just a minute. There is a process here. It does not begin with me. I turn in the big SUV to you. You tell Infiniti the lease has been satisfied. Infiniti then sends me the letter of "lease paid in full" to me. There is a paper trail here. The onus should not be on me to produce proof of lease payment. I am the last one to receive this notice. YOU are the first. At that I saw Hart dip his head down and smile. Finance guy said well it would just expedite the matter. I said each time I called you, you said my check would be expedited. Does expedite mean screw the customer? No,no, no. We'll get on it. On the service issue, salesman, Terry, is coming to my home early next week to pick up my car and big boss of the repair shop will personally inspect repairs. Service writer, Mylanea, was as sweet and the Shady Ladies. Then I get a phone call from my hernia surgeon's nurse. The doc has already called in the pain meds I will need on Monday following the procedure. I can pick up the Rx anytime this weekend instead of waiting to have it filled on Monday. I think I love this guy. He is under 6', about 165 pounds, light colored hair, very personable and is saddled with the name of Buckmiester Farrow. All in all a very productive afternoon.

Oh, and I paid bills this morning, too. Woo Hoo!!!!!!

Bonnie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 28, 2012
5:57 PM

Post #9289346

Sounds like a very productive day Bonnie!

I had the roughest day yet of the week. I got through it and even fit in an abbreviated workout. Now I have a nice glass of wine. Only bad news is that I really am going to ahve to spend some time at work work this weekend.

Loretta - WHEW it wasn't your home that was destroyed!

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 28, 2012
6:49 PM

Post #9289389

Well, I am finally home. I stopped by here about 4:30, for about 10 minutes, long enough to visit the little girls room, change my top and comb my hair and was off again. DH had made dinner arrangements with friends, so off we went there. Did a little shopping afterwards, then went to see another couple who are friends and he is recouping from surgery. Whew, I am very tired.

Okay, big change in plans. Everybody is free to be with Bonnie on Monday, and please don't rush. My surgery has been postponed. When I went to the Dr's office today, she examined me, and said she wanted to do a biopsy. If the results of the biopsy does not show active cancer, she is going to postpone the surgery for a couple of weeks. Didn't make sense to me, but probably to her. Anyway, I am in some pain from the biopsy, so gonna start down the hallway to my bedroom, and hope that I can sleep late in the morning.

Read all and had the appropriate reactions, except for Debbie's news, sure don't know how to respond to that. Maybe a long long talk with God to see why he is treating her so mean!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 28, 2012
7:04 PM

Post #9289405

BonnieB, thank you...and to everyone, that you for your support. I am feeling like that little kitty holding on to the end of my rope. SO many challenges with health everyone has...I should count my blessings.

BonnieB, I think your doctor took one look at you...and thought you were exhausted and would do better postponing this surgery if possible for you to rest. You have had a whirlwind the last few months.

Bonnie, so happy your new leg supports are in...and that doctor sounds like an amazing person. Good for you standing up to the car dealer...it was NOT your problem to follow their paper trail, they should have a system to do that.

Tam, sorry you have to work the weekend...I hope the staff steps up to help out. Are you back to CA on Sunday?

Elsie, I bet you are glad you were not home when that storm came though...scary stuff!!!

I am turning in early...I truly feel beat up.

Enjoy your weeekend...I have to be at Shannons first thing with money and cleaning supplies. Sigh.

Hugs,
Debbie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 28, 2012
7:08 PM

Post #9289414

BonnieB - that is a bit of an odd change in plans but if it gets you an early morning surgery, terrific!

Have a great night all!

edited to say - cross posted Debbie... no travel for Oct at all if I have my way!

Tam

This message was edited Sep 28, 2012 9:10 PM

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

September 28, 2012
7:19 PM

Post #9289420

Oh, Tam, what a drag having to put in time on the weekend. Things are really picking up in your division. Are you going to tell the troops here that you have been awarded a U.S. Patent? Well, I guess I just did...

Dianne sure hope those dizzy spells are related to blood sugar issues. How is our Diesel? My window shade installer was here yesterday working on two shades. He has a new "baby". She is a Rotie/Black Lab mix. Rotie marking and coloring, lab face and ears...BIG girl. Swiper is still beating me to our spot in bed every night. I am being head butted before my head hits the pillow. Stetson is even hanging out behind my legs most of the night.

Loretta what a sad photo of that tree on the home. Do you know if anyone was home at the time? Was there a bad storm?

BonnieB do you have this pre-op prep? I was sent home with these wipes to use the night before surgery following a shower. I have to wipe down my entire front and back from shoulders from knees. I don't understand using this the night before, but that is exactly what the printed directions say to do. I have asked the care giver leaving mom's at 7P to stop over to do my back side - how embarrassing.

Thanks gang for coming to my surgery. Somebody take charge of Stetson. He can be good or he can be H.O.W. BTW: Kesha is going to take me to surgery and stay with me at my house until Tuesday morning.

I have a little picking up to do tonight to be ready for Margarita tomorrow morning. I think I am going to give it a go.

BBL,

Bonnie

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 28, 2012
7:22 PM

Post #9289424

I can handle Stetson, my big red man...we got along just fine.

Never heard of those wipes before Bonnie...not at all. Would think in the morning when you got up, or shower first thing in the morning. That is what I was required to do.

Tam, a patent? CONGRATS!!!! And are you going to share??? Such happy news.

This message was edited Sep 28, 2012 10:22 PM
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 28, 2012
7:26 PM

Post #9289426

Well, Bonnie, I didn't get to the pre op appointment, because the Dr postponed my surgery! I have heard of those wipes, matter of fact my DMIL had to do that before heart surgery. She had to shower with a special soap in the morning, use the wipes at night, and then another shower before she went into the operating room. One clean lady, she was!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 28, 2012
7:38 PM

Post #9289432

Bonnie - I had to do the wash-down with bedinite (or whatever that brownish stuff is called) before surgery too. Never wipes though. I'm relieved you've got help arranged for all the aspect of prep, transport etc. Always organized, our Bonnie.

and yes - I got a US Patent. I know its gonna sound a little corny but its been on my life-wishlist for a number of years and something I actually never imagined I would achieve it. Its for something nerdy of course, a methodology for IC design. But its a US Patent. :-)

Tam

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

September 28, 2012
7:51 PM

Post #9289438

Tam is that the same as a Bucket List? Congratulations...again!

Hey, Debbie, thanks for keeping my Walmart greeter under control. He did take a liking to you. I am certain I will hear his maouw-wow calling to me during surgery. Think I will give Swipe a whole Valium that morning.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 28, 2012
8:21 PM

Post #9289463

Both knees are being done now and the feel good so far.

Elsie that happens down here all the time, some time whole oak trees

Going to put the "Wonder dog" to bed he has been on a rip today

Good night everyone

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 28, 2012
8:39 PM

Post #9289473

Good night. I have had one kitten sitting on my neck sleeping, can't get the other one out from under the bed. She crawled up inside the box spring. Foods been eaten, so I know she isn't "stuck".

I suppose I should head towards the stairs, but lately been getting in bed and wide awake.

Sweet dreams everyone
Debbie

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 29, 2012
12:07 AM

Post #9289562

Bonnie, it would be better if you let the lemons ripe in the tree but you can also pick them up while they are still green and they will ripe while sitting in that basket. I see not so ripe lemons at the store and they ripe while sitting there...same as the oranges.
Wohoo for your day! I would have enjoyed being there when you put the car dealer in his place...you go Bonnie!LOL

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

September 29, 2012
3:32 AM

Post #9289616

Thank you, Adina that is what I thought about the lemons, but it looks like my neighbor, who grows many fruits on her tiny lot and always has many lemons to ttshare. has picked all the green lemons from her tree.

Good morning.

Stetson is trilling for food. Oh gosh! Now he is outside howling at the top of his lungs . I had better get the food down.

Later,
bonnie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 29, 2012
4:26 AM

Post #9289638

Good morning everyone, we are planning on going off for a bit today
Bonnie, as long as the Lemons come off the tree easily then they are ripe. The color is not how you tell they are ripe. In fact a Lime will also turn yellow if left on a tree long enough.

waving at everyoe

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 29, 2012
5:25 AM

Post #9289659

Good Morning!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 29, 2012
5:31 AM

Post #9289664

Morning! Going to download some pictures.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 29, 2012
7:13 AM

Post #9289758

Good morning, gosh I am sick of this overcast gray weather we have been having. Dressed and ready to head out with DH car shopping. Oh, heaven help me.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 29, 2012
9:40 AM

Post #9289888

Good afternoon, been on the run to the apartment and to the store already. Moved more things home, now DH and I are heading out for a bit to the apple fest.
I need an apple pie...big time!!!

Enjoy your day
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

September 29, 2012
10:00 AM

Post #9289909

mmmm apple pie - with chocolate ice cream. YUM

I am back from the optical place. I have ordered a new pair of glasses. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. They are aluminum and I hope they are nice and light. The woman there kept saying all the frames I picked out were too small. Then she measured one frame and it was okay. They are two tones frames.

It's a very dreary day here. My Dad was here putting up the plastic panels on my front porch. He tried to get Chloe to come out but she just stayed in bed. She's a genius, isn't she.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 29, 2012
11:05 AM

Post #9289993

I'm in for lunch. I've got the tufa rock I bought last spring laid out in the bed next to the new wall & steps to the greenhouse. 1000lbs moved a few times. Guess what? My bad is a tad titchy. I'm going to move them all out, dig it some gravel & then set them permanently. It feels good to actually be doing to creation of physical things. :-)

Loretta - did they have any ideas about why the last pair didn't work for your eyesight well? Are you changing the lens type? Oh do tell. :-) Yes - Chloe is a genius. Most cats are. lol

Debbie - so your child is moving back in, despite the implications on the contract she'd signed. Poor girl is really having to learn some very difficult life lessons the hard way. I hope you encourage her to save money. Even if she puts just $5 a week into a savings account, it will add up to help her cover emergencies and eventually give her a cushion to get another apartment. I don't know her habits but if she eats out or buys snacks or coffee at restaurants, she could learn to make them at home and save money that way.

BonnieB - so who's getting the new car? I hope you get something bright and colorful!

Vicki - pictures? :-)

Adina - I forgot to comment to you yesterday. Are you working this weekend or doing something fun?

BBL - will take photos too
Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 29, 2012
11:34 AM

Post #9290014

Tam will enjoy seeing your pictures tomorrow. Off to work I go.

Thumbnail by ves522   Thumbnail by ves522   Thumbnail by ves522      

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

September 29, 2012
11:45 AM

Post #9290022

Tammy, the glasses will be the same lenses. I really hope they work. Please clarily what is titchy and what is a tad titchy?

Vicki, I love your garden bed! Please tell me what the two clumps in the right upper side of the photo are.

I think I hear a nap calling me.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 29, 2012
11:47 AM

Post #9290025

A shrub and sedum are on both sides. Kind of too the back are small iris. Those purple and blue ones I photo. Hope this answers your question.

Gotta shut down now.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

September 29, 2012
1:07 PM

Post #9290068

Never a dull moment here it seems. I just returned from 7 hours in the ER - UTI. Around 7:30 I went to the bathroom to dress to go to the grocery to buy cleaning supplies for Margarita. All of a sudden I was freezing to death. Then I started shaking all over. I pulled on heavy pants, a long sleeved shirt, and a hoodie. Ide my way to the living room and tested my blood sugar - 124 and my temp 100 degrees. Neither should cause the symptoms I was experiencing. I called Connie who took me to the ER.

The doc Rx ed Cyrpro and approved me for surgery on Monday morning. I am pooped.

Bonnie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 29, 2012
2:03 PM

Post #9290103

Bonnie I hope you are feeling better

Sandy
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

September 29, 2012
2:15 PM

Post #9290118

I have an abundance of Basil...how do I preserve it?

and someone please talk me down...I want something sweet, doughnuts preferrably...but I haven't had one in almost 2 years so it won't be that...I may go to Starbucks and get something..I know better than to bake something.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 29, 2012
2:59 PM

Post #9290156

Melva, step back from that car, hand over your car keys and everything will be fine! did it work?

Well we are home and it took all day. We got a gently used GMC Terrain with so many features on it that it took the salesman about 45 minutes to explain it all to me. I hope this one lasts a long time, as I probably will be so old I won't understand the features on the cars of the future.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

September 29, 2012
3:21 PM

Post #9290186

Bonnie, I hope you feel better. Do you have to postpone your surgery?

BonnieB- congrats on the new car!

Vicki, the two clumps are behind your round garden.

Melva, make pesto and freeze it. Or I think you can put the wholes leaves in water and freeze it.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

September 29, 2012
3:27 PM

Post #9290191

Elsie the doc said I could go ahead with the surgery on Monday.

Melva, I have a weakness for donuts, too.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

September 29, 2012
4:14 PM

Post #9290233

I went to Starbucks and had a short, hot chocolate that seemed to calm the craving then I went to the store and wasn't even attracted to the donuts.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 29, 2012
4:19 PM

Post #9290239

Titichy - is kinda like twitchy. As in my back muscles are spasming and sore. A tad titchy means its not all that bad. lol

Loretta - glad to hear you are working your way to better eyesight!

Melva - what BonnieB said.

Bonnie - I'm glad you got yourself to get help with the infection! Wow that sounds like it came on quickly. Cipro is a mighty potent antibiotic so I hope you will get better quickly.

Vicki - lovely photos!

I now have several squashed fingers and an even more sore muscles but I got the rocks set. I'll do some planting tomorrow. Probably doesn't look like much but I'm excited. :-)

Tam

Thumbnail by Tammy   Thumbnail by Tammy   Thumbnail by Tammy   Thumbnail by Tammy   

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

September 29, 2012
4:35 PM

Post #9290252

Tammy, thanks for the translation. Great pictures!! I hope your fingers are okay.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 29, 2012
5:05 PM

Post #9290281

Amazing how bruised and battered I am but setting those stones! It'll look much nicer when its all planted up.

Have nice evening everyone. I'm gonna close up early & let my hands start their healing.

Tam

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

September 29, 2012
5:14 PM

Post #9290288

Tammy, the beds look very nice even without the plants. Those stones are beautiful. Is that an old though?
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 29, 2012
6:09 PM

Post #9290347

Well, I am back and posting some pictures of the new ride! Second is horse drawn hearse, and thenMr. B.

Thumbnail by defoecat   Thumbnail by defoecat   Thumbnail by defoecat      

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 29, 2012
6:16 PM

Post #9290354

This is the latest picture of Casper.

Thumbnail by defoecat

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

September 29, 2012

Post #9290377

BonnieB your Terrain is a good looking SUV. You will enjoy the new techknowlegy. Still haven't figuered out most of mine and I have had the vehicle since May! Good shot of Mr. B and Casper, too.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 29, 2012
6:57 PM

Post #9290406

Love the picture of Mr. B & Casper, such sweet dogs...you are very fortunate.

We have the horse drawn hearses' here and the Amish use them for all funerals. They are beautiful at such a sad time.

Really like that new car too.

Bonnie, glad you got yourself to the hospital fast...and a good antibiotic. Make sure you drink extra fluid to push that through the kidneys.

Elsie,DH is still struggling for proper glasses also. He is on second pair in 3 months...and still not happy with them. Site wise and "scratch resistance".

What a day. I feel like Dorothy in the dang tornado. My head is just swimming. The apple fest was a nice outing butt too much walking for me. We did get an apple pie and was delicious...but I have massive indigestion from it.

Going to be another early...and busy...day tomorrow. Have to go to DDs again, this time to clean the carpet while she is at work...and move the table and computer out along with whats left.

Waving to Vicki, Melva, Chantell and everyone...be back

Debbie

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 30, 2012
1:47 AM

Post #9290616

Melva, here my donuts recipe on both websites :

http://www.cookfromtheheart.com/homemadedonuts.html

http://cubits.org/cjr/thread/view/50452/?offset=0

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

September 30, 2012
3:41 AM

Post #9290658

Good morning. I slept like a log last night. Straight through for five hours.

Elsie in Vicki's photos, were you asking about the two tufts of white in the middle photo? That is cotton in the boll (the hard brown things that pop open and release the white cotton). BTW, Roberta, thinking of you this morning as I baked a pound of bacon :~) and made biscuits with bacon and tomato breakfast sandwiches. The small Campari tomatoes are delicious.

Congratulations on your will power, Melva.

Adina your eggplant stew looks very interesting. Does it also have tomatoes in it?

Tammy how are those hands and fingers today?

Debbie guess you have a lot of cleaning to do today at Shannon's. You don't have to answer this if it is too personal, but I obviously missed the reason why Shannon is moving back home.

Vic do you have to work today, too?

BonnieB are you feeling relieved or anxious about the postponement of your surgery?

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 30, 2012
5:10 AM

Post #9290690

Good morning everyone
Had a good trip yesterday, did not walk to much but knees and ankles held up-was some pain in the ankles last night but not much.

Waving at everyone-need to edit some pictures

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 30, 2012
5:27 AM

Post #9290697

Good morning,

Off and running...will answer questions when I get back. Bonnie, just say she finally realized what mom had been saying...that she is swimming with weights on her feet and not going anywhere but down...was right. AND after having a car accident that now requires major repair on her car...she is overloaded. She was working two jobs, doing school...and still couldn't pay bills.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 30, 2012
5:34 AM

Post #9290701

Morning!

Elsie those are the rhubarb plants. The white that Bonnie mentioned are milkweed.

Bonnie hope you are feeling better today.

BonnieB enjoy the new SUV. You will love it. Great pictures of everything.

Melva you did good yesterday.

Deb sorry about the indigestion. Probably because of all that is going on. Heaven forbid we sometimes enjoy ourselves.

Tam how are the fingers. I smashed a knuckle last night but it seems okay. Can hardly wait to see it all planted. Would of loved to help you with the rocks. HAve a little rock project of my own I am working on.

Yes I work today and after a visit from the boss last night I have even more to do but we had a good chat. JUst glad I was actually working when she stopped in! LOL

Better get going and get you know who fed. Then go for our walk. The weather is to be lovely for 4 more days. So want to take advantage of it while I can!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 30, 2012
5:51 AM

Post #9290715

DH just saw a wolf out back. I did also. It even came up around this side of the pond He took off running. Don't know if he saw something or heard something. What a beautiful animal. Too bad there can't be peace between us and them. MAybe that is what I saw instead of a coyote that day. DH said he was lots bigger than Ty. Do we continue our walks? Ty has been smelling lots that intrigues him lately.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 30, 2012
6:03 AM

Post #9290730

Good Morning!

Vicki - I wish you'd have been here too. That garden enclosed in rocks and with some inside it too you posted in the pic yesterday is just beautiful! I bet it'd be hard to find you not in motion at work. :-)

Melva - meant to post that I just read an article in Organic Gardening written by a person who'd been growing herbs for 25+ years. She said she tried many options and had decided that grinding them up in oil and freezing was the best for her. Or mixing in softened butter with the addition of some cheese or garlic. She suggested you put this mix in a ziplock freezer bag, flattened. Then showed how you could just cut off a portion when you want the herbs. I make pesto (with parmasean cheese, garlic, olive oil & either walnuts or pine nuts) and freeze in 4oz containers.

Debbie - sorry the apple pie didn't sit well. I'm hope the day out in the fresh air was a plus overall.

Bonnie - yes, that's a trough (from the Phila Flower Show). The tufa is also from the flower show. My fingers have abrasions and cuts plus one bruise on my hand. And I'm sore all over. Another reminder I need to keep up with my exercise!

Sandy -curious to see your new photos!

BonnieB - oh MrB & Casper as such nice looking dogs! Great pictures. The Terrain looks like you'll be able to haul a lot of stuff in it (or a lot of people). The horse drawn hearse is quite interesting. I bet my mom would love that idea. Do many people use it in your area?

Adina - I have to go back to look at your eggplant stew. Could you share the recipe?

Bonnie - will you lay in supplies today for your recuperation.

So where has Lee been? You doing OK? How are the Bickersons?

~~~ to everyone else
Tam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 30, 2012
6:05 AM

Post #9290732

Cross posted w/you Vicki... a wolf? Do you know how to shoot a gun? Could you carry one on walks or is that illegal? Maybe one of those airhorns folks use in cities - it might scare him off if you had trouble.

Gary saw a hawk launch out of the big rose bush the chickens like to stay under. We may have troubles ahead.

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 30, 2012
6:09 AM

Post #9290737

Good morning, hey the sun is actually shining at my house this morning! We have had a week of gray and overcast, and it looks strange for it to be so bright outside.

Vicki, DH and I saw a coyote that was killed on the road yesterday. They are getting too brave here! Be careful of that wolf, it could be sick, if it is coming close to humans. Carry a gun when you walk, I would hate to have to shoot a creature, but better him than me!

Bonnie, congrats on the good restful night. No, I am relieved about the surgery being postponed. We are going to try to get a few days away the last of October, and I don't want to have just had surgery and be in pain.

Tammy, hoping that your fingers, hands and back are good as new this morning!

Melva, don't look at Adina's recipes, you will surely fall for that, and it is only the devil behind it! Kidding of course, but if I knew how to make the donuts I would be doing it all the time.

Well, we are ready to head out to church. Baked some candied sweet potatoes to go with lunch when we get home. All they will need is warming.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 30, 2012

Post #9290744

BonnieB he looked perfectly healthy! Carrying a gun would be awkward. DH sure would like them sweet tators!

Tam I am surprised you haven't seen hawks sooner than this. Hope he was just resting and not eyeing up the flock! How are the baby chicks doing?

Pictures of the Bickersons! Pictures of the Bickersons! Everybody now!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 30, 2012
7:15 AM

Post #9290830

Vicki - we have had hawks before. I caught one as it was lifting one of my roo's a few years ago - my timing was perfect. He dropped the rooster when I startled him & the roo recovered. My flock has been out in the open grass a lot this summer - getting complacent I guess. I bet we won't see them out & about in the open as much now!

Definitely need to see some pic's of the Bickersons Lee! I checked FB and see you have fancy new shoes. :-) I hope you join us here to share a bit of your joy & wit.

I've got a friend coming over shortly. We're gonna head out to the Farmers Market in a bit.

Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 30, 2012
7:31 AM

Post #9290851

Good timing Tam. Glad to hear the hens have such good instincts.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 30, 2012
9:21 AM

Post #9290925

Tam, love the way you arranged the rocks! It will look great with flowers around! Take care of those fingers! I'll write the recipe soon and post it.

Bonnie, the eggplant stew also has tomato paste in it, but years ago we used to add real tomatoes. It's much easier with the paste.

BonnieB, LOL! You're right, donuts have lots of calories!
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

September 30, 2012
10:57 AM

Post #9291027

Adina, I am not even going to look at the recipes for the doughnuts..too tempting and I know better than to make them.
The hot chocolate yesterday wore off while I was at the store and I guess the crash of the blood sugar was drastic.I felt really bad! Going to try to eat an apple and a bit of cheese before going to the store..maybe that will work.
We finally had a lot of rain and the temps. are nice..79 for a high today...
Going outside..be back later

This message was edited Sep 30, 2012 11:58 AM
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 30, 2012
11:06 AM

Post #9291036

Back from church and lunch was good. The sweet potatoes were almost like dessert. Can't do that often, but thought I would since we haven't had any since last year.

I WANT TO SEE PICTURES OF THE BICKERSONS!

I showed you my pictures, now show me yours!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 30, 2012
11:30 AM

Post #9291051

a couple of pictures, have only get a few edited. I have the "I don't want's" right now-maybe I need some dark chocolate

Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107   Thumbnail by wren107         

NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

September 30, 2012
12:32 PM

Post #9291115

Hello! I am here!

A little bird told me there was a request for photos of the Bickersons. They are doing well. They still 'bicker' periodically but it is mostly noise and nonsense. Although they had a tiff last week when the dog walker had them and she was a little shaken up. She'd never seen them wrangle before. They had a few last week so they must've had a difference of opinion they were still working out. So they both got crated for awhile on Friday night and since then they've been down right cuddly. Amazing what a time out will do.

It's HOT here...going up to 100s again...BOOOOO HISSSSS...I want some FALL weather.

I'm ok. Just super busy at work and taking classes and an internship and still doing some things for the dog rescue. Lots going on.

Hope everyone is doing well. I am way behind on everyone's status but did see a few pictures of Diane's GIANT doggie! He's grown a lot!

NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

September 30, 2012
1:07 PM

Post #9291148

Hm...photos didn't post. Trying again!

Thumbnail by NY2CA   Thumbnail by NY2CA   Thumbnail by NY2CA      

NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

September 30, 2012
1:09 PM

Post #9291151

Was trying to upload this one too but it just took forever...

Thumbnail by NY2CA

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 30, 2012
1:24 PM

Post #9291165

Yay! The Bickersons! Love that last picture the most. Such innocent faces there...I just can't believe the stories.

Have missed you on here, glad you are OK and just "busy".

Izzy is resting...and sends her love.

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy

Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

September 30, 2012
2:30 PM

Post #9291219

Love the last pic of the Bickersons too Lee. They are 2 gorgeous pups.

Diesel is having a time of it this afternoon as it is raining. This is the first time that it rained hard during the day since I have had him. He truly is weirded out! Put my rubber duck coat and rubby boots on to walk him just a bit ago and he barked at me - refused to go out the door until I took my coat off. I forget he is only 4 mon old and expect him to act a little more mature sometimes. I am usually so aware and conscious of that as I can't tell you how many times Warren would tell me how when he was 11 and 6 ft tall people would expect him to act mautre and not like the kid he was. That info sure helped me have a better handle on things when I taught - there are so many young kids out there tall for their age who miss out on some childish fun because of their size and peoples' expectations. Did Paul find that Debbie when he was growing up?

My friends teaching in Cairo were telling me today they just love it and it is so much easier in their everyday life than it was in Jakarta. This school is not at the level professionally as the one in Jakarta. They are counting the hours until they come home for Christmas.

We're all set to leave Bonnie. Quill is quite excited that she is going to have a chance to meet Swiper and HOW.

Tam love what you got accomplished outside. What did you get at the Farmers Market?

For the last 2 days I have puddled around outside almost all day and I really can't see what I accomplished - do love that leaf blower though.Slowly moved some wood to the bin by the side door. By mid week I will have it filled and I can start on using my splitter to get some kindling ready. Steve and a couple of friends will be here within the next month to cut, split and stack next year's wood for me.

Hope your new glasses will be here quickly Elsie. Have you sent all of those shoes back you were set to send?

My water softener went on the frtiz on Thursday. Stays stuck in back wash. After reading the manual and maually moving the dial to Regen a few times I finally had to turn the valves right off so the water will bypas it. Someone is coming Tues to look at it.I have a feeling it hasn't been working for quite awhile but just never got stuck before. Glad I was home when it finally did stick.

Streak says its time to eat so off I go!

Dianne
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

September 30, 2012
2:55 PM

Post #9291240

Debbie - where do you sit? Do you have your own sofa like Izzy's? :-)

That's funny Dianne that Diesel is afraid of your coat.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 30, 2012
3:49 PM

Post #9291292

Here is another rose and a vine of some kind

It is raining
I had some dark chocolate it did not help-I may run away
Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107   Thumbnail by wren107         

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 30, 2012
4:27 PM

Post #9291331

Sandy - sorry the dark chocolate didn't work. The photo's are just lovely!

Lee - so glad you dropped in to say hello & show us how adorable those "Bickersons" of yours are these days!

Dianne - got a chuckle at the idea of a "ducky raincoat' being scarey but I got a similar reaction from Pixel this morning when I had on a new (and loud) pair of boots. I got some asian pears, a couple of huge apples I baked for dessert tonight & a few carrots and pablano peppers at the market.

Debbie - Like Lee said, whereever do you sit? That is a wonderful photo!

Adina - thanks. The area is looking better after just a few plants are in. I need to buy more.

I got some planting done today & mowed the grass a bit with the tractor. I've got a few bruises on my hand & finger. They are rather painful too with all the cuts & scrapes. It'll be good to have a few days at the desk job. :-)

Bonnie - everyone is all set to be there tomorrow. What time is your surgery?
Tam

Vicki - I'm watching the new JJ Abrams show "Revolution" Have you seen it yet?

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 30, 2012
4:30 PM

Post #9291338

Well...this is what it really looks like.

Izzys new bed is on the floor. Normally there is another cat or two across the back of couch...or on the bed.

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 30, 2012
4:50 PM

Post #9291362

I think my problem is that that I see signs that my knees and ankles might be healing. But I know that I must be very careful to not do to much. And I am bored out of my mind. It will be months before my ankles would be healed if they are going to. I so want to be able to go out and hike and do things. I have had almost no pain in the ankles today, it is so hard not to go do stuff, I need to stay off of them as much as I can. I am going to climb the walls!!!!!!!

Sandy and Andre

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

September 30, 2012
7:00 PM

Post #9291481

I was all set to have the caregiver at mom's who knocked off at 7P come over and rub the entire back side of my body with the special wipes provided by the hospital in prep for my surgery tomorrow morning. I was waiting for the shower to warm up at 6:30 when I decided to read ALL the instructions pertaining to using the wipes. I said. "Shower 2 hours before applying wipes." So now I have to go over to DM's around 9:00 for the application. It will be interesting to see if the surgeon will go ahead with the surgery seeing as I have the UTI and had palpitations Saturday morning in the ER. The ER nurse said it would be ok.

Lee the Bickersons are beautiful. Happy to hear they are making progress in their relationship.

Dianne that was too funny about Diesel not liking your big coat. Maybe you should put it on hanger and hang it near his leash where he can become accustomed to its form.
Swiper doesn't like anyone carrying large packages.

Oh Sandy. do be patient Look at the big picture. I know it has to be hard to sit and do nothing you are such an active person, but the reward will be worth it. What is your favorite thing to do when you have to sit and be quiet?

Debbie come clean...you knew you were buying a cat bed didn't you????? They are hilarious!

Tammy the surgery is at 8:00 AM, I hope. If it is cancelled we can all go to Cracker Barrel for breakfast, I will spring for playtime for the furbabies at Privileged Pets.

Vicki I would be very afraid of that wolf. In fact, if it appears again I might report the sighting to the Wildlife & Fisheries Dept.

BonnieB I hope you are able to get in your October vacation in before your surgery. It is a lovely month for travel.

Well it is time for me to go to DM's. Look forward to seeing you all in the morning.

Bonnie

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 30, 2012
7:13 PM

Post #9291495

Good evening. I have been a slug today. Got in a nap this afternoon, then took Mr. B for his ride, then DS and his SO came and are spending the night. DH was gone in the Terrain so they didn't get to see the new ride tonight, but they were impressed with the pictures I showed them. Bet we have to take an early morning ride in the morning.

Lee, thanks so much for the pictures. I am glad that they are getting along much better. I think all dogs who live in the same household have their tiffs from time to time, so that sounds very normal. You certainly are busy lately. I hope that if you have to be that you are enjoying it.

Debbie, wow, the only piece of furniture other than the bed that mr. B feels he is master of, is DH's recliner. It is so funny, if DH is lucky enough to get to it first, Mr. B will sit and stare at him. Then if DH happens to get up for any reason, Mr. B is in that chair like he was shot out of a gun! Then DH comes back and tries to sweet talk him into giving it up, and Mr. B sounds like a big German Shepherd growling at him! This is almost a nightly routine. Usually Mr. B wins and gets to keep the chair!

Tammy, I didn't answer your question. No I know of no other funeral that has had the hearse. The owner says that he does a great business in his area (about 50 miles away) from the thoroughbred crowd. You know the money people. I think his standard rate, for just showing up is $1,000, then it is based on the 1/4 mile from the funeral home to the burial. He won't accept anything more than 5 miles, as it takes too long, and it is not a problem for anybody but the law enforcement agencies. When we were in the funeral procession, people stopped their cars (oncoming traffic) and got out and were looking at the hearse. And in some cases, people who lived along the route were in their front yards, or driveways watching. It sort of felt like a parade route. I happened to say, what are these people looking at, and my DS reminded me of the horse drawn hearse. Oh, I guess it was a very exclusive sight for them.

Bonnie, what time is your surgery? Since I am not going to be doing anything, I have decided to join the crown and Mr. B, Casper and I will be there. I hope that the boys behave, but I think everybody will fall in love with both of my boys. Be nice to Casper, he is still a little bit shy.

Vicki, I was thinking more in terms of a hand gun, not a shot gun or rifle. It would be awkward to carry a long barrelled gun on a pleasure walk! Just don't let Ty go too far from you, I would hate to see either of you hurt.

Sandy,I am so glad that you have had those injections and I am hoping that your will begin to notice good things really soon. Oh, to be pain free and be able to walk like a normal person.

Elsie, I didn't comment on the tree, but I am sure that it was scary for the occupants if they were home. Had a storm just gone through, or was it just the accumulation of a wet ground and a little wind? They can do repairs to the trailer, but people are a different story sometimes. Glad to hear that your DF is helping get you all ready for winter. I imagine Chloe will become a snuggle bunny when the colder weather gets here.

Dianne, I had to snicker at your description of your ducky coat and Diesel's reaction to it. I imagine that he just had to verify that you were the person inside that funny looking get up! They are so funny, until they get used to about everything in our lives.

Today at church there is a little boy about 16 months old, and his mom had said she was having a time getting him to wear shoes and that she had to find something that he would wear as winter was coming. She had found him a pair of cammo crocks and he was walking around showing everybody his new shoes. It was so cute. So guess if she can get him to put on some socks with them, that will be his winter footwear. I told her if she could find some cammo boots, or some boots with the John Deere logo on them (his daddy has a JD tractor and he is crazy about it) that he would probably wear them. Isn't it funny how some kids have such strong ideas about their attire at that young age?

When my DGD was just months old, her great grandmother had brought her about 20 dresses in various sizes when she was born. I only saw her in a dress one time. I bought her a skirt that she wore, but she is not a fufu girl, she prefers jeans and slacks, sweatshirts and tees. I think her DM is very disappointed, but that is just who she is. She had a very strong opinion about her clothes at a very young age. When she said she didn't like something, there was no use in trying to get her to wear it. I bought her clothes one year at Christmas, and she actually liked what I got. She asked later how I had picked out something that she liked. Told her I went into the store into the section where she shops and picked out the ugliest outfit I saw! She laughed, but it was the truth.

Well, I have some errands in the morning, and then I will settle down with paperwork that needs to be done.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

October 1, 2012
2:53 AM

Post #9291724

Good morning. Ten minutes before departure for me. Surgery is at 8:00 AM. I checked with the surgeon last evening. He checked the labs from the ER and approved the surgery this morning. Said the infection was slight and I would have two days of Cipro in my system by now.

BonnieB glad you and the boys are coming this morning. I hope I get to see everyone before they put me out.

Later,
Bonnie

Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

October 1, 2012
3:09 AM

Post #9291733

Morning all. Been up for aw hile - like 4 am.

Bonnie so glad your surgeon was personally able to give the "go ahead" for your surgery after your visit to the ER. Sending positive thoughts and vibes to you and the surgurical team.

Still pouring rain here and it is a cold rain to boot. Time to bring some planys in. I have been hesitating as there is some dry walling going on downstairs and I wanted the plants outside for as long as possiblw. Even covered I think these Hibiscus will be in danger so I will haul them in at night.
Dianne

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 1, 2012
3:49 AM

Post #9291747

Good morning everyone

Bonnie will be there with you
I read and play computer games both of which I am tired of. I have not done much crocheting because of my shoulder and the heat. I will be getting back into that soon.

I have my legs propped up and going to look for a new game.

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 1, 2012
5:43 AM

Post #9291833

Good Morning!

We had to put Frontline on Scirocco last night - she was just crawling with fleas again! I don't see any at all on Zephyr. Now there's a pile of tiny little black dots on the bed spread - I'm thinking flea eggs or baby fleas? Gonna wash it today. So we're all set now to join in the crew for Bonnie.

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 1, 2012
5:53 AM

Post #9291850

Good morning, overcast here and forecast of heavy rain later on. I am getting so tired of this. Maybe the change of scenery and Bonniei's weather will make me in a better mood.

Don't worry, I am on my way.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 1, 2012
5:58 AM

Post #9291856

I am already there, dang that room is going to be packed Bonnie! The furbabies are all getting along fine...HOW is a bit mouthy however.

Thoughts and prayers...

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

October 1, 2012
2:04 PM

Post #9292542

And packed it was. Thank you guys for coming. And get those furbabies!!!! I was astounded when they broke out into song! Did you all hear it?? I did!!! "How Much Is That Doggie In The Window" under the direction of our Miss Izzy. and "We Are Siamese If You Please" under the direction of over achiever, Stetson. Oh, they were wonderful. And I am glad you arrived early . It was a beautiful first touch of Fall morning.

Obviously, I am home. All went well I finally "came too" enough to realize that each squirt of morphine into the IV meant 20 more minutes in recovery so when the pain level dropped down to 3-4 I stopped complaining and was moved to the discharge room. The oral meds and doing a good job here at home. not perfect, but pretty good. Potential problem - no one made me urinate before leaving the surgery center. Having a problem now. Managed to have a little success a few minutes ago but it required a lot of "pushing" on my part.

I have had a little tomato soup and plan to retire to the recliner. Stetson has reinvented himself as my nurse. He is never more than 12 inches away. What a boy.

Thanks again gang.

Later,
Bonnie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 1, 2012
2:44 PM

Post #9292601

Bonnie glad everything went well and you are home safely looked after by Mr Stetson

Sandy and Andre
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 1, 2012
3:15 PM

Post #9292659

Bonnie, so glad that everything went well. Good boy Stetson!

Full moon Monday and all the nuts called me today.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 1, 2012
4:35 PM

Post #9292785

Yeah! Glad you enjoyed the crowd and are safely home with all your repairs completed.

I need a 2x4... who has it now?

Scirocco has just kept scratching & scratching so I checked her for fleas last night. She was covered with them! So I brought her downstairs to treat her with the flea meds. It had been a month & I figured with all her licking, she might have gotten it off her sooner than the full month. DH got out the frontline and we treated her. Figured since she'd had Advantage last month, it wouldn't matter which type we used. This morning, he says "oh, by the way, I treated the other four cat with Advantage last month. Scirocco got Frontline" (I begged him to get the Advantage last month when he said she & Zephyr we still scratching.) So the one cat that has fleas and is going crazy with them gets the med that I told him was reported to be getting ineffective. She's the only one with fleas now. GRRRRR. I stopped by the vets office and asked if we could treat her with something else soon. We have to wait three days. Poor girl! ... off to find the 2x4...

Tam

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 1, 2012
6:23 PM

Post #9292924

I though I had posted more of the roses but looks like I am losing it.

Crazy Sandy and the Wonder dog Andre

Thumbnail by wren107   Thumbnail by wren107   Thumbnail by wren107      

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 1, 2012
6:25 PM

Post #9292929

Tam, I gave mine a bath in Dawn first...then applied the flea meds. The dawn kills fleas really quick and will give her relief while the meds kick in.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

October 1, 2012
6:34 PM

Post #9292937

Tammy I feel so sorry for Scirocco. She must be absolutely miserable. Is one 2 x 4 going to be enough?

Dr. said he drained my bladder at the end of the surgery. Everything should be back to normal by morning. Whew! Happy to hear that. Did not want to spend the night in hospital.

"Things" are starting to tighten or stiffen up. I suspect it might the absence of the anesthesia in my system. Should feel great in the morning, huh??

My "nurse" is now positioned between my legs on the outstretched recliner. He really is adorable.

Bonnie

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

October 1, 2012
6:38 PM

Post #9292944

Evening Ladies...

holy cow has a lot happened since my laptop battery died...
The new power cord didn't work, it's either a P.O.S or something happened to it when DH plugged it in... not sure.
thankfully it was only $15. Bought a new battery, only $17 [YAY for ebay] and i'm back in business. A lot I have to catch up on not having a computer for about 10 days... mostly my finances.

hugs all the way around to everyone that needs a hug.

Bonnie -- sorry to hear I missed the gathering in the OR today.

BonnieB -- sorry to hear you may have to have surgery again. Nice new "wheels". and cute doggies.

Sandy - how are the knees doing after the shots?

Debbie -- you are truly amazing woman to handle all that you do... but it's been said GOD only gives you what you can handle... so is it Marla and Darla? they are adorable, no? but that is a lot in one home. and I bet only adding to the stress. I was glad to read that Shane has been asking if you need help, and I had to chuckle about the eyebrow comment.

Lee -- The Bickerson's are so beautiful. and love the new shoes. I grew up on saddle shoes.

Adina -- Happy Anniversary, and great photos. Nicholas is really getting big.

Vicki -- I've been hearing on the radio about Wisconsin's "Wolf Hunt" and I'm appalled that people could shoot such a stunning creature. Hope they one by you stays far enough away.

Our Park closes officially in 2 weeks... I have to admit, I am looking forward to going home.

~~ to everyone else I missed
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 1, 2012
7:07 PM

Post #9292994

Good evening. It has been such a gray rainy day. I did get my errands done this morning before it started to pour. Did a bit of paperwork, then took a nap. Had to go to the funeral home for a visitation, then DH's cousin had called and invited us for supper. Boy was it good. She had broccoli casserole, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, ham, baked cushaw and chocolate cream pie. Wow, just realized when I typed that it was really heavy on the carbs. But that's okay every once in awhile.

Bonnie, so glad that your surgery went well, and that you are at home with an attentive nurse in residence. So glad to know that the bladder is not a problem and that you can expect a good output tomorrow morning. The boys (mine) were worn out when we got home. They had so much fun and Mr. B was happy to see everybody again, and Casper has been telling me how nice he thought all the furkids were and so kind to welcome him to the group. Thanks everybody.

Tammy, I am so over Frontline, and it is so expensive to not do any good. Of course you probably can't do it, but I have switched over to Comfortis which is an oral med which takes care of worms and fleas. The only other thing I have to give is for the heartworm.

Terese, so glad that you got your computer fixed and back with us. I know that this year hasn't been the best for you there, and I know that you will be glad to get home and settled in for the winter.

Sandy, are these pictures of your roses? Maybe this is the product of one of your trips. They certainly are pretty. Glad to hear that your knees and ankles are doing much better. Before you know it the pain will be a little remembered thing of the past.

Vicki, you be careful of the wolf. Maybe he has heard they are hunting him and is seeking a safe shelter.

I made a cherry pie and a big pot of veggie soup to take to the couple who lost the uncle where we visited tonight. Gosh, I wish I had kept some of the soup, as it was really really good. The first pot I have made this year, or since it turned cooler.

Well, I have got to buckle down tomorrow and get some work done. I did do a load of laundry, and it is still in the dryer, so I guess I did more than what I realized today.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 1, 2012
7:39 PM

Post #9293036

I called my SIL to wish her happy birthday. After I hung up the phone rang. It was my niece - my grandniece Meadow wanted to talk to Aunt Loretta. Quite a bit of scuffling in the background. She didn't want to talk to me. She's too funny.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 1, 2012
8:26 PM

Post #9293099

Bonnie, so happy you are home and under the watchful eye of a very capable and loving nurse. H.O.W must be napping for the night shift.

BonnieB, are you feeling better after your procedure? Going to put both the Bonnies in a big plastic bubble.

Well, I have "the child" sleeping on the couch, she dozed off watching a show with me.

Terese, glad you are back. Yes, Marla & Darla are the kitties names. I came home from the store to find Darla snuggled on DH sleeping. I looked at him and he just said "what?" yeah...bad

After bragging about DS...haven't seen him now for four days.

Sigh.

Sweet dreams...rest well and everyone feel better.

I have demons coming out of the closet...but need to regroup and see whats going on...but I don't need this at all. I knew last week when I had to face neighbors about SF...that something was brewing. Well tonight...his bio-daughter called me. I am just a wreck. She had just heard my Mom passed and lots of other things...but I don't want this. If I turn mean...she will turn on me. SO I have to hold my breath and bide my time and pray she just goes away.

Going to bed...

Debbie

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 2, 2012
2:48 AM

Post #9293245

(((((((((((Debbie))))))))

Bonnie, so glad everything went well and you are at home with your "nurse"! Hugs to you and prayers for a quick recovery.

BonnieB, cherry pie sounds good! How sweet of you to give it to your friends!

Loretta kids are the same ...Nicholas doesn't want to talk to me on the phone either!LOL

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 2, 2012
5:24 AM

Post #9293309

Good Morning!

Bonnie - hoping you wake up with minimal discomfort today. Glad you have such an adorable and dedicated nurse too. :-)

Debbie - I guess the grand-kits didn't stay in your daughters' room, huh? Enjoy all the positives of the situation and deal with the negatives as best you can. That's all you can do.

BonnieB - Comfortis is just for dogs. We're now trying Revolution. It is also an internal med. You apply it like Frontline but the kitty licks it and it becomes more effective over time as it builds up in their system. Of course its even more expensive. Sigh. But it does also cover worms. And ticks. I had thought to use it just on the indoor/outdoor cats but for now, all will get it. I may try Advantage for the two indoor girls after we're through with this flea infestation! Gary reminded me we were dealing with a tick explosion last year at this time and haven't seen any at all since.

Loretta - its nice those girls are getting to grow up knowing their aunt.

Terese - Glad to hear you are back on line! I would think it'd be nice to be home again. Will it be a lot of work to close down the camp & your place before leaving?

Sandy - lovely photo's!

Melva - I bet you are enjoying Sandy's photos a lot? Has it cooled down there too?

It looks like a beautiful morning - the sky is striated with blues and pinks. It really feels like fall now.

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 2, 2012
6:46 AM

Post #9293386

Good morning, it is not raining here, but it is not a pretty day either. Need to get in my walk (Mr B is waiting patiently) and then start on the mountain of paper work that is waiting for me.

Bonnie, hope that your discomfort today is minimal and that the nurse on duty last night hands the duties over to the other capable one waiting in the wings.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 2, 2012
7:23 AM

Post #9293421

A Late good morning everyone, had to take the car into the shop-it is still there

I took the pictures at a State Gardens south of us

Sandy and Ande
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

October 2, 2012
9:15 AM

Post #9293546

Good morning! Have been up since 4 am so think I will soon have a nap of sorts. Have the new Peter Robinson's book to read so even a lay down will be great.

Poor Quill had one of her spells last night - in no way as severe as the others previously but enough to scare the 3 of us. Poor Diesel was distraught and would not leave her side. Once I was able to get one of Stormy's tranqs down her she soon started to calm down. She was bound and determined she was coming walking with us this morning so I let her. I figured she would be more distressed at being left behind. She was about 40 paces behind us but she WAS coming. Gotta love that girl's spirit.

Happy for you Bonnie that things went well for you yesterday. Stetson provided the best possible care? With Stetson as backup how could he not. Hopefully this week you will start to feel better. And the new stockings????

(((Debbie))) Hugs from all of us here. Diesel is a kisser so he is sending you some smoochies. Need to come hide for a couple of days?

Oh Tam darn that Gary anyway. Poor kit! I am sure he meant well but like Warren doesn't listen too well sometimes.

BonnieB it was great to see new photos of Casper and Mr B.. Quill says to tell you Mr B still makes her heart flutter.

Need to go online and see where I can order some Benne Wafers from. I started a craze! I only brought 2 small bags home from Charleston for friends but man were they a hit. I am sure someone will ship the benne wafers to Canada, I just have to seek them out.

DH hunting much right now Vicki? There are so many deer on the property this year I think I will allow a small gang in to hunt for a day or two. We had 1 very sick year old deer this summer that had to be put down - I don't want that deer wasting disease to take over.

Elsie what did you do about your lawn?

Sandy I m glad to read the shots are working for you.Going to do some research into them.

BBL
Dianne

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 2, 2012
9:37 AM

Post #9293557

Dianne there are 3 kinds of the shots, the ones I am getting are not make from Chicken combs
Also I found this web site for the waffers hope it helps

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 2, 2012
10:20 AM

Post #9293592

Dianne I might need too. Diesel kisses sound like a cure-all.
This woman has called me 3 times now, and I am just terrified of what she is up too. I won't be answering the phone much at all.
I had to take a anti-stress pill to calm down last night and go to bed.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 2, 2012
10:31 AM

Post #9293611

Debbie - sure hope she gives us!

Dianne - do you have any plans for TG next week? I hope you do! (cluck cluck cluck ... doing a little mother hen thing here). I sure do love that Quill's spirit!

Sandy - really? They make shots from chicken combs? I hope they are using really healthy chickens for this purpose (and glad yours don't have them)

I've been going 110% all day so far and hope to fit in a quick workout after my last conf. call.
Tam
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

October 2, 2012
12:14 PM

Post #9293686

Where's the beef Sandy? Oooops I couldn't resist, where/what is the link?

Debbie you know my inviation is from the bottom of my heart. Besides if you came this weekend for a couple of days you would stop Tam's clucking. No, not trying to force you or guilt you into a trip just know anytime... a phone call when you are about 30 min out would be great so I could do a quick tidy up of the kitchen though. So if you get in that car and start driving and don't have a destination in mind the door is open.

Now Tam I have deliberately kept this weekend open. Sat will be the 5 mon anniversary of Warren's death so I usually have a me day , not much good for anything else. I have a couple of new blues CDs (ones Warren always wanted and never bought) to listen to and a new book Empty Glass by JIBaker. The book is a fictional account of Marylin Munroe's death. Plus I just don't feel ready to have someone in for a turkey dinner or go to someone else's for the dinner. You watch I will probably end up having 3 turkey dinners delivered here to the house by friends. My Sil's son and daughter (Cle passed in Sept) have hinted a couple of time via email about coming down but it is just too soon for me and I have told them we will do it in early Nov.

Need to go work on the wood some more. I bought some Frito Lay potato chips on Sat. and I know once I start them I will eat a huge amount so need the exercise to work them off. Thanks Elsie for your suggestion. I have started carrying a wee bag on my belt with my cell, juicebox and some crackers plus a whistle so am prepared in case of another doozy dizzy spell.

Facing another dilemma - treadmill or an ellipitical purchase? Anyone have some thoughts on that? I am leaning to the ellipical just because of my knees but am still open to any input.

Terese you must feel like a freed woman having your computer back up and running. You have probably told us and I missed it but what happened with the problem of you working at the park in Wisconsin while your DH is on the board?

Dull but fairly warm day here - mid 60's. Warm enough to keep the wasps busy thus I cannot get my screens down, cleaned and put away for the winter. These screens and windows have not been cleaned since I had my pit surgery in 2009 so when I saw they are filthy they truly are.I can get the windows inside but not outside - a ladder is involved and I am not doing that alone any more.

A new water softener will be installed on Friday. Fortunately this didn't happen while I was away but it is getting stuck on the Backwash part of the cycle and runs for hours. After reading the handy, dandy manual (NOT) I found out I couldn't get the dial to turn clockwise. Called in reinforcements and he couldn't either. Mark from the local hardware store was out this morning - a new one is being installed on Friday.The softener is a Norvatek and that company was bought out by Culligan. Culligan will only sell parts to certified Culligan dealers and repairmen.I called and the first trip out here to assess the situation is $77.00 travelling time and then $70.00/hr while the repairman is here. I will be charged travelling time every time the repairman comes even if it is only for 2 min. Our local hardware store gave me an excellent price on a brand new water softener plus a break on labour if they are needed to come see the machine. Like to support locally and the price was sweet. Plus now I will have no worries about breakdaon. Chad the young owner of the hardware store has been known to get out of his bed early Christmas am to go to the store to get a replacement glass for an oven door and replace it. That alone says it all about the service the store gives us.Steve is going to take the old water softener and tinker with the timer. If he gets it to work he has himself a water softener. If he doesn't he had fun tinkering around with the timer. Mark mentioned it could just be dirt in the timer but he has to be able to get into to it to fix it.

Suns shing brightly now but I know my rear will be cold in the winter if I don't get some wood oved up closer to the house. Off Quill, Diesel and I go!

Dianne
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 2, 2012
12:14 PM

Post #9293687

I took the shots made from rooster combs...it did not do much that I could tell.
It has cooled down here..yesterday was quite nice outside. and we had quite a bit of rain which was really nice...a lot of it was the slow, soft drizzle the best kind, that has time to sink in...The squash plants have grown since the rain...I have a lot of things blooming..salvia, roses, volunteer morning glories and cardinal cllimber...I really need to find the charger for the camera so I can take some pictures...
Bonnie glad you are doing so well. Bet you are sore today though...

This message was edited Oct 2, 2012 2:59 PM

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 2, 2012
12:40 PM

Post #9293724

Hey Dianne - just so you've thought it through (TG). Could you try the two machines at a gym? Probably a drive but you'd at least have some personal experience to help with the decision.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 2, 2012
12:41 PM

Post #9293726

I have done both. I got more enjoyment and could go further on the treadmill than the eliptical...but as Tam suggested, you need to try them.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2012
3:02 PM

Post #9293903

I'm the reverse of Debbie, I get more enjoyment out of the elliptical than a treadmill [they are so hard on my chins and knees] I also like that you are 'reverse' on the elliptical.

>>but what happened with the problem of you working at the park in Wisconsin while your DH is on the board?

So far, nothing. I'm hoping it's dead in the water. Aside from the 2 ladies I work with, I have only discussed this with DH and 2 others, one being the head of the Finance Committee -- and she also sees no conflict. If it is brought up next season by Andy [Board Pres] I will ask him to 'show' me where there is a conflict. I think he will back down. I"m also hoping my threat of resigning will keep it from happening.

DH has said he'd rather me work, and that he'd step down if the issue was pressed.

We went for a very nice ride in the country side today... I put some pics on FB, but here are a few...

Thumbnail by tcs1366   Thumbnail by tcs1366   Thumbnail by tcs1366      

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 2, 2012
3:24 PM

Post #9293920

Dianne sorry mind was on the care. Here it is http://www.oldecolonybakery.com/shoppe.asp?id=73325&action=detail&catID=15025&parentID=15020

I am not a happy camper, I get the ride home from the car dealer and waited. I called at around 1pm and was told the car was ready.. NOT!!! I get picked up and ended up sitting there until close to 6pm
AND to make it worst I will have to take the car back for more work next month.
AND I came home to find Mom in bed and Andre in the living room and trash on the floor.

Sandy
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 2, 2012
4:16 PM

Post #9293977

Oh Sandy -how aggravating. I'm glad your knees are feeling better.

Terese - those are lovely pictures!!

Lee,love the pictures of the Bickersons!!

Dianne, the juice will quickly bring your BS up - faster than anything else. I agree with Tammy. I picked up a small elliptical and it is very hard on my knees. I wish I could find a small treadmill - but I don't think they do.

Tammy, I hope Scirocco starts to feel better.

Wow did it pour today. There was a pond as you walked out the front door at work. And a waterfall at the side door. Lots of pooling of water on the ride home.

I think I need to put my feet up and relax.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 2, 2012
5:10 PM

Post #9294053

Poured all day here too!

love the pic's Terese. Got my fingers crossed on the job thing too.

Sandy - ARGH! What a PITA on the car & the trash on the floor.

I gummed up my knees on a cheap elliptical at a fitness room at a hotel in Ca. So be careful to check it out or read lots of reviews. I love our treadmill - definitely use the ramp function a lot to increase level of difficulty.

Tomorrow we can put revolution flea stuff on Scirocco. She's got dead fleas dropping off but lots of live ones on her as of this morning. I feel like I have fleas in my hair (which I don't)... just wigged out by her problem!

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 2, 2012
7:21 PM

Post #9294190

Tam, I know the feeling of fleas crawling on you. One time we had a flea infestation in our carpet. Took several weeks to get them all killed out. Didn't even realize we had a problem. Our Ms Boots was the culprit then who brought them in. One way to tell if you have fleas in your carpet. Put a saucer full of water and just a drop of dish washing liquid in it, and set it under a night light in the house. If you have any, you will find dead fleas in the water the next morning. Sure don't want to ever go through that again. With Comfortis on Mr. B, if there are fleas present, in 15 minutes after giving it to him, you can actually see fleas jumping off. No worry they are killed by the meds, so they may survive a little while but that is it.

Sandy, oh no, one of the problems would have been enough for one day. I hate to wait at dealerships for a car to have anything done on it. Then to have the problem with Andre.

Terese beautiful pictures. The color change looks to be about at it's peak. Sure hope that where we are going in Ohio the end of the month there will be some color left. Sure hope that the problem at work turns into a non problem. Probably a man who is not able to stand up in a meeting and say what is on his mind is behind it. Use the rumors and scare tactic, and maybe get the results you want. I think you would stand up to him, and good for you.

Debbie, I am sorry that your family is causing you such stress. I know children can and do do that, but hopefully it won't be a long lived problem. Maybe the older sister can help out with talking to her and making some headway in trying to get her to understand being more conservative and saving. What is up with the step sister? or step relative? I wouldn't be scared of her, I would just tell her that you have limited time to talk on the telephone, and ask her what the nature of her business is. Get it over with.

Elsie, oh, sorry for the rain and all the standing water. I guess it moved out of here and headed your way. Honest, I didn't send it, but I sure am glad it is gone from here. It did turn out to be a very pretty day here, after a cloudy gray start.

Dianne, I am sorry to hear that Quill had another of her episodes. Quick thinking to give her the tranquilizer and get her calmed down. She must be something to refuse to be left behind and insist on going on her walk with the crowd. I know that when the end comes for her, it will be with her fighting every inch of the way. I do think that your plan for TG is a sensible one, but probably shouldn't try to pull off. The first holidays are really tough. But, if you skip being around people, next year although technically not the first holiday, since you haven't faced it, will seem like the first. So rethink maybe somewhere that will have very few people, and someone who understands the trepidation that you are having with celebrating the holiday and will give you lots of support. Somewhere where if it gets overwhelming, that you can just duck out and go home, and will understand, but don't skip it entirely. That Diesel knows that you need plenty of kisses, so glad that you have him now. Groan, wood, we used to burn wood, and I always was eager to get started on getting it in, but it does get old quickly. Hope you have some help with getting it closer to the house.

Melva, would be interested in seeing your blooming roses, or for that matter anything you have blooming.

Bonnie, sure hope that today was bearable and that you are just laying low and being quiet and taking advantage of the peace and quiet.

Tomorrow is grocery day, so hope to be able to leave here early and get that done. I plan on stopping by Lowes and looking at laminate flooring. A contractor that DH had talked to stopped by today and did the measurements, so we are getting closer and closer to a big mess, then pretty house all the way through.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 2, 2012
7:55 PM

Post #9294228

I need to find the charger and you should see the table where we think it is! Wish me luck!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 3, 2012
4:09 AM

Post #9294396

Good morning everyone

Andre was sick last night. He wanted to go outside every 20 minutes. I finally started feeding him bread and that started to help. Ended up feeding him half a loaf of bread but he is all better now.

I am suffering from yesterday, need to take it easy today and hope the old joints settle down.

Melva you should see our dinning room table it is a mess of stuff.

{{{{{{{{{{{Debbie}}}}}}}}}}}
{{{{{{{{{{{{Dianne}}}}}}}}}

Bonnie I hope you are doing better today

waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 3, 2012
4:12 AM

Post #9294398

Way Past time for a new thread

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1283213/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Pets Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Does Anyone Show Dogs?? momcat 154 Jul 29, 2009 9:01 PM
How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? gardenwife 20 Oct 2, 2009 7:10 PM
mourning DawnG 26 Jul 16, 2010 10:38 AM
Bertha got a hair cut!! MOLLYBEE 10 Aug 8, 2011 11:49 AM
Fritzie meets (& almost eats) Santa Claus Buttoneer 22 Sep 3, 2009 11:46 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America