Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Welcome please join us, we are a friendly and very chatty ground

We came from here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1280082/

Thumbnail by wren107
Lyndonville, NY

Thanks Sandy!

Love the vacation pictures!!!

Loretta, did you buy that little souvieneer?

This message was edited Sep 24, 2012 10:34 PM

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

It's probably in the mail winging it's way to you Deb! LOL

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Just staking out a place, so that it will show up when a new post is made. I am heading to bed in just a few minutes.

Lyndonville, NY

Vicki....here is the link you wanted. I am packing and moving in!!!

This house is for sale next to Vicki
http://www.coldwellbanker.com/property?propertyId=267324391&mode=detail&brandType=CB

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

I can fill you in on it if you are interested!

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Going to go and watch TV.

Lyndonville, NY

I know Izzy would love that pond for sure....lots of room for gardens.

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Good morning!
Sandy, thanks for starting a new thread for us.
Debbie, love the house! I'd like to be Vicki's neighbor too!
Elsie, lovely gift! Great pics!
BonnieB, good to hear you got your glasses!

I worked hard yesterday to can all the pickles, went to bed late. More cans today.

Adina

Good morning everyone, going to leave home early today. DM has to have a scan on her stomach

Sandy and Andre

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Debbie, no I didn't buy it. They had white egrets, pelicans and one flamingo. Tammy figured out they were made from PCV pipe. Quite clever.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

**oops, missed the new thread... **

I'll have to go back and read the past few days...

when we were in La Crosse WI for a few days, my computer power supply was working fine... when i got home and unpacked it, -- it was deader than a door nail. So, on what little battery life I had left [i've procrastinated getting a new battery, that will not hold a charge -- cuz i'm too cheap] so -- I got a new charger ordered, but not new battery...

the past few days i've been reading DG and emails on a tiny screen of a smart phone... I also need glasses, which makes it harder... and again, too cheap to buy some... i;ve been getting by using "cheaters" ... but I do believe I need to bite the bullet and get some bifocals.

long story longer... I've been sort of reading what I can, but will certainly have to go look at the girls travel pics.

When DH went up to coffee this morning, he left his laptop.

BonnieB -- to answer your question, No, no frost yet. we were definitely low 30's if not 32f, but living in the trees does keep my plants a bit more protected. I have one large pot on the "V" of my trailer, of White Queen Caladiums, and they look pretty sad. I think there i 1 leaf that still looks good, out of about 50, so it needs to go. All the others still look good... a bit wilty, so i watered yesterday... but good enough.
I have 4 hanging baskets at our Gazebo, i watered them yesterday... if they still look sad today, i may dump them all. They are filled with impatiens.

Havent checked the long range forcast -- but don't think we are expecting those over night COLD temps for a while again.

As for how long we will be here... "water shut off" is Oct 15th, that should be my last day of work. we;ll be here 4-5 days after, then head home for the winter. I think I'm really ready to get home.

Elsie -- what were you trying to feed that Pink Flamingo??

*edited typo*
I have to stop calling DH DG.

This message was edited Sep 25, 2012 7:42 AM

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

Good Morning!

Thanks for the new thread Sandy! I hope all goes well with the test today.

BonnieB - lots of driving around from the sounds of it! Some days just go like that I suppose.

Vicki - that's a gorgeous house & property! And the neighbor is fabulous from what I've heard. :-)

Debbie - I had to sneak in that flamingo somehow.

Loretta - feeling a little better today?

Adina - is it getting cool there too? Was in the mid-40's when I went outside this morning here!

Bonnie & Dianne - settling in to the routine at home?

~~~ to everyone
Tam

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

Terese - cross posted w/you. I bet the crew at home will be happy to see you there again too. (Bud stays home, right?)

Tam

Good morning, it is cloudy and overcast here this morning, but no moisture falling from the sky just yet. I have a couple of outside chores, so will get to them in a minute.

I am hoping that today is a stay at home day, so that I can get caught up here. The kitchen looks like a cyclone went through and deposited everything on the bar area. I absolutely hate that thing.

Mr. B is still in bed, so I may roust him, so that he can get his business done before the rain starts.

Glad to see everybody home and settled in.

Vicki, would love to be your neighbor, but can we move the houses a little south? Brrr, I hate cold winters.

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Morning!

Was sure hoping there would be a taker on that house. Would love to be able to choose my new neighbor! LOL

No time to chat this morning. DS and DIL are coming out if he feels better today and I want to do some cleaning so I can put her to work cooking or baking or whatever in the house. Nice MIL aren't I?

Lyndonville, NY

I am up and moving....slowly but moving. Izzy and I had a frisbee game, it is in upper 40's out there but the sun feels so nice.

I think my back issue was doing the tomatoes standing at the sink so long. Been taking muscle meds the doc gave me, thought they would
knock me out...nope!

I made coffee over an hour ago and still haven't had any.

Vicki, love that house but WAY out of my price range. Izzy does love the pool and little bridge. Bet it has LOTS of frogs in it!

Elsie are you back to work, or have week off?

BonnieB, Izzy was slow getting up but she had her romp outside....and is now on the couch with my blanket (from Sandy) and not budging!

Bonnie....chime in and tell us how you are doing

Tam, are the assistants glad you are back? How is Scirroco doing?

Well..I have to go find that coffee.

Since it did start to rain and outside work was not a possibility, got a lot done inside. The bar is cleaned off, and DH was rained out at the farm so I sat him down and he wrote Thank You notes for a good while. They are stamped and ready to go in the mail tomorrow. Knew if I didn't get him to do it right away, he would expect me to do it.

I think he and the 2 nieces are going to Amish country tomorrow. Since he has someone to go with him, I think I am staying at home. Don't like the horse events anyway, but am disappointed that he chose to do that without me, than for us to go someplace together.

My DTS called this afternoon, and told me that if I wanted to get a plane ticket to Las Vegas, her National convention for the Board of Community Development is going on Oct 13-17, and may just consider joining her there.

Well church meeting tonight at 6:00, so need to make us a sandwich and think about getting ready to go.

Back later.

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Terese - I bet you will be glad to be back home.

I think I was trying to feed the flamingo the price tag.

Debbie, I did work today. I could have easily stayed home. So tired. My head feels like a bowling ball.

Chloe is right beside me checking out the plastic bags of stuff I came home with. She may be the official 3.5 ounce inspector. The new recliner is a little too sliperty for my Chloe.

I'm going to heat up some soup. I see a nap in the near future.

My co-worker got her new glasses at Walmart. I had told her what nice frames they had. She said the optician told her that each Walmart optical center is different. And they are very different from Sam's Club. She got a really good price on her new glasses. Her frames were only $68.

New Smyrna Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

Hey Debbie, I have been absent and quiet for two days for two reasons. First I am totally whipped. The trip was more physically taxing than I expected and during the trip I developed a new pain in my right groin which has me very concerned. It is so bad that I cannot walk without a walker. My DM had pain in that same area prior to hip replacement surgery. I fell twice during the night in the bathroom and again on Sunday trying to roll my luggage to the front door. Second, a PIA Bonnie stowed away in my suitcase for the weekend and popped out all to frequently to act like a horse's rear end. I must say Tam, Dianne and Loretta/Roberta graciously put up with me without being ugly in return. I don't know how I fit poor, pitiful Pearl in my suitcase, but she was there.

DM hit me with a new wrinkle yesterday - wants to fire the night shift to save money. I cannot survive another battle with her right now. Consulting with my children to come up with a solution. Meanwhile, she is bombarding Tyia with phone calls demanding her presence immediately. At my recommendation, Tyia is holding her off saying the schedule is in place until Friday and cannot be changed. She is cussing Tyia over the phone.

Had my pre-op tests today for 10/1 hernia surgery. All they did was take two vials of blood. I was shocked!

Hopefully, I can tackle something that needs attention in this house tomorrow. And get back to this thread.

Bonnie

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

Loretta - glad to hear you felt up to work today. I think you need to put a blankie on the new recliner for Chloe. What have you decided about your glasses?

Vicki - I'm with BonnieB. Just a little too cold for me where you are.

Debbie - My assistants are happy to get back to their work routine. Scirocco is better in that she is playing a lot more. But she is still scratching & grooming. She has put on a little weight. I wash the mater's in the sink, set them on a towel on the counter and do all subsequent work on the counter. Hate bending over too long. Hope the back feels better soon.

I've got another batch of tomato sauce roasted. I see some tomatoes are blackened - I think the cold got 'em. WE're going to eat tomato sauce all winter!

Tam

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

cross posted with you Bonnie. That groin pain could be from your falls too. Don't assume the worst. Take care of yourself so the surgery goes more easily. And don't worry about ugly Bonnie. Pleasant Bonnie is all I remember from the vacation.

Tam

Well we are back from the church business meeting, and what a pitiful crowd. I think the minister was offended that no more people showed up. We may hear about it on Sunday! But it went well, and no problems. District Superintendent was pleased with our finances, and the overall general operation of the church. We got a certificate from the Bishop for 100% giving to the missions.

Bonnie, I am so sorry to hear that you had a couple of falls. I think that a little rest, get on with the surgery, and more rest will be all that you need. I think it is way past time for your DM to be somewhere where there is staff and where she will not have the freedom to fire them. I don't really see how you stand to deal with this day in and day out. Talk about being grumpy, no wonder you are at times. And your gracious guests would not ever think of retaliating. They are too nice.

Elsie, I vote with Tammy, put a blanket in the chair for chloe. Mr. B got to DH's recliner before he did, so he is snoozing and DH is sitting on the love seat! That is how we operate around here, first gets the best seat. We had rain today, and it thundered a little when it first started, so Mr. B immediately went to the closet, and stayed there until I pulled him out about 1:00. He hadn't been out all day. I want to see an xray of his bladder sometime, it must be beach ball sized!

Terese I still have out 4 hanging baskets. They have calibroche and petunias and another filler type plant, that I can't recall the name of right now. They haven't been affected, so we must not have had too much frost here. The baskets are looking sickly, but will just let them go as soon they will be dead anyway. I still have some hummers that are coming to the feeders. I noticed tonight that the only one I have out is out of food, so need to refill that tomorrow. I am sure they won't be here much longer.

Tammy you said you had an "aha moment" about your kitchen. Care to share that with us?

Vicki, I don't know what I would do with all that room in that house, but the grounds are beautiful. Maybe I would elect to pitch a tent and just enjoy the outdoors.

Well, I have a podiatrist appointment at 9:00 tomorrow, so need to start thinking about heading to bed. I think DH said that he is leaving at 7:00 in the morning, so will probably get up at the same time and have time to read the paper and drink my coffee.

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

There is a bacon shortage and I think 4 women in SC played a huge part in it.

Lyndonville, NY

Elsie...ROFLMAO. I told DH when I heard that on the news tonight I better go buy about 10 lbs. We never had a worry before because Carrie & Andy raised pigs, but they don't any more.

((((Bonnie))))) We all have our pitiful pearl days.....and we go off the deep end. You are under a lot of emotional stress, health stress.....it is going to happen.
IF it DIDN'T happen once in awhile with all you are facing...THEN I would be worried!!! This pain....could it be from your hernia? I think they calll it referred pain. And also adhesion's grow and can cause a similar pain. Glad you are going to the doctor and getting everything taken care of. My pre-ops were also just blood draws. They "monitor" your breathing by watching now while your sitting there and check blood pressure.

Well, DH went to Sam's club....got miss Izzy a new bed. Its big enough....to hold 3 cats....and the dog is on the couch!!!!

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Good morning! I finished canning the cukes too last night. I was out all afternoon...we went with my Mom to search for a door for her apartment. We went to several stores, but finally we took the door from the closest store. They will come today to fix it .

((((Bonnie)))) so sorry for your falls! I agree with Debbie, you are under so much stress and had so much pain lately with your legs...DM with her complains is the cherry on the cake! Please take care of you and rest for the surgery. I hope the pain is only from the falls and nothing serious. Sending you hugs and prayers.

BonnieB, I hope the appointment goes well. Good news from the church! Glad you got the new glasses.

Tam, wow, so much tomato juice, good for you! We have better weather, getting warmer these days, until next week when it's going to get cold again. The mornings are chilly here too, but at noon temps go up with 10 degrees C.

Debbie, I hope the muscle meds are working. Izzy thinks she is a cat and the cats think they are dogs!LOL

Vicki, what a good MIL you are, really! Have a nice visit with the kids, I know you are so looking forward to it.

Terese, I hope your laptop works now.

Dianne, how are you?

Adina

New Smyrna Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

Gosh I guess a tomato shortage will soon be announced to go along with the bacon shortage, at least in Charleston. Never have I eaten more bacon and tomato sandwiches. We shopped at a Whole Foods Market on our way in where we found delicious heirloom tomatoes, green and black figs and uncured bacon.

Elsie other than the slippery cover, do you like your new recliner?

Having a cup of tea this morning.

Happy Belated Birthday, Vicki.

Good morning everyone.

Bonnie

Goo morning everyone
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Bonnie}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
LOL on the Bacon shortage and Izzy's bed

I have get to get dressed and take the pest for his run before I kill him!!!!
Back later

Sandy and the pest

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

I hadn't heard about the bacon shortage! Whew! Glad we had our fill. Oh those BLT's were so good!

BonnieB - I realized I could move the cook top & turn the corner into the living room. It would wrap my kitchen around a wall - 270deg turn rather than a normal 90deg corner. But allow another 8-10' of wall space and easier access. I'm still working out the dimensions. Its REALLY tight.

It looks like a gloomy day - I think the rain will help our newly seeded lawn. Those machines tore up a huge area and only some of the grass is coming up. Pretty much where we can reach it with a hose. :-)

Have a great day everyone!
Tam

I am up and have had my coffee and read the paper. It is raining, but I will have to get out and at least make that Dr appointment. I will do the grocery shopping as I am in the same city. Would be foolish to have to make another trip.

I hadn't heard about the bacon shortage. Do I need to stock up today?

Get a short wet run in, it started to lightly rain right when I started taking the bike off the back porch. But had to go as the pest was expected his run.

Sandy and the pest

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Morning!

Sat and chatted with the kids yesterday. That was a good rest for my feet. DIL is on her way to being on the Dean's list and she is worried about passing! LOL We made brownies and I took some of the batter put some in a pan added thin mints and another layer of brownie batter. Will be trying those at work today. The rest of the batter I added pecans, marshmallows and choco chips. Those were nice and chewy gooey! Then I had taken some apples out of the freezer and used tortias and made apple roll ups. Those were so good. Good visit and lots of daydream talking.

Bacon shortage!!! No! Maybe we should buy that pig and make our own. That was part of our talk yesterday. Now if we had freezer room. Still want to get another freezer and start up grading what we have.

Sandy are you back from your run yet?

Yes Elsie how is the chair? Have a good day at work.

Adina aren't you glad all that work is done and pleased when you look at it on the shelf? Hey Where is the picture of it or are you writing another article? How are the doggies doing? Have or will you see Nicolas soon?

Bonnie be careful. That falling is not fun.

Gotta go and feed Ty. Make something for supper. To cold to put plastic on the window today. But DH got my runway put up so I can do it.

I can post pictures again. It was the port not working. DS said there were more on the back which I didn't know! So it was an easy fix!
Now I gotta go!

Lyndonville, NY

Good morning,

So dark and dreary outside I slept in. Woke to the smell of coffee and finding DS had come home this morning. Has been staying with a friends family down the road.

It is going to pour sometimes soon, but I am fine with that.

I had a "duh" moment at about Midnight last night. I have this beautiful vine and was so disappointed as all I heard was how beautiful it is when it blooms. I always find the spent blooms on the ground,never saw the flowers. So took Izzy out before bed last night and happened to look to my left....and there was this HUGE white flower opened to the sky. Ahhhhhh.....this is why its called the Moon Flower...it only opens when the moon is out and totally dark!!! I took pictures and will load later.

Bacon shortage. Still can't believe such a thing. It is already sky high with price at about $5.00 a lb.

Enjoy your day
Debbie

Vickie back and almost dry

Sandy and Andre

Lyndonville, NY

Yay, I got an appointment to get my hair "did". LOL I look like I was electrocuted with my perm growing out. My "bangs" are down to bottom of my nose and just stick straight out with the curls! lol Not sure if I am going to go for a "fall color" or stay my "natural" blonde.

The rain arrived and its rather dreary out with a chill.

Vicki are you off today or back to work? I had scrambled eggs for breakfast and am now down 8 lbs since last week. Yay again.

Shanes home playing piano and going between that and music upstairs. He asked if I needed help with anything....I almost fainted.

Izzy is not sleeping on the new bed out in the living room.....but the cats still love it.

Sandy, how is the knee doing?

Dianne, are you feeling better?

Chloe and Corky pictures are still needed.....poor neglected babies.

Tam, glad Scirroco is doing a bit better. My Franky has us concerned, getting up in age but such a sweetheart.

Be back "after" the hair issue is over.

Debbie

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Deb am back to work today! But had an easy 2 days off. Didn't get much done here but oh well! Hair! Mine needs cut also. But waiting until I don't have to pull it back and put it up. It can still get plenty hot at work.

Lyndonville, NY

I tried pulling my back to put up, but the sides are too short from perm..(layers) and it just poofed out and I looked REALLY like Bozo.
Bad enough I act like him...not the looks!

Still celebrating the birthday week? I think you should!

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Here are a couple..have to find the charger for the camera so I can take some more..I have some things blooming I want to take some pictures of, so I need to find the charger! We are being swallowed by the clutter in this house!

Thumbnail by melvatoo Thumbnail by melvatoo

Debbie knee is doing very good, go tomorrow to get second shot and hoping they will start on the right one.
Ankles are still a mess

Melva I understand about the clutter-I need a backhoe to shovel out this house

Get a new mouse took me a bit of time to download the information so I could program it but this one I will not lose--not only does it have a leash but it had blue light on the sides.

Sandy and Andre

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Speaking of Bozo... Tammy and I were watching the food network and we thought the chef put clown juice in the pot. LOLOL!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.