Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Rabbits and Diet- Feeding your Truly Vegan Pet Properly: Great Fertilizer

Communities > Forums > Article: Rabbits and Diet- Feeding your Truly Vegan Pet Properly
bookmark
Forum: Article: Rabbits and Diet- Feeding your Truly Vegan Pet ProperlyReplies: 2, Views: 12
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

greenbrain

greenbrain
Madison, IL
(Zone 6b)

September 24, 2012
8:58 PM

Post #9285548

I see the cycle with my pet rabbits. They snack from my garden & give me fertilizer in return. Though I adopted the pet rabbits for my daughters & little grand-daughter to snuggle & play with, they all knew that I was only interested in their poo. My dad bred rabbits & sold them, so I grew up caring for many rabbits that also fertilized my dad's huge veggie garden. I appreciate your article. It says more than the rabbit guide that I picked up @ the pet store. We learned that bunnies have different favorite foods. Some go crazy over the smell of bananas; while others really love carrots. Most of all, they love to eat freely from the backyard. The bamboo is their favorite hiding place.

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

September 24, 2012
11:23 PM

Post #9285636

Their droppings are indeed great fertilizer, though a bit hot for some plants if applied freshly. I prefer to let it sit a month or so.

greenbrain

greenbrain
Madison, IL
(Zone 6b)

September 30, 2012
5:56 AM

Post #9290725

I empty the litter into my compost pile & mix it up; along with the shredded paper or pine wood shavings that I use in their litter boxes. Our bunnies are potty trained. : )

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Rabbits and Diet- Feeding your Truly Vegan Pet Properly Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thank you for the rabs. gloria125 1 Sep 24, 2012 7:27 AM
Good Article dapi 0 Sep 24, 2012 10:31 AM
Article has some holes in it IrisAngel 2 Sep 26, 2012 9:33 PM
Good bunny Mommie, YES or NO? vossner 5 Oct 25, 2012 12:05 PM
Thanks for the informative article Procrastinator 3 Sep 24, 2012 6:30 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America