Unusual Wall Paint Project

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

Unusual Wall Paint Project - Couldn't find this color swatch in a can so I took various colors, sprayed on water, and eventually achieved my desired color. It's color hue changes with sunrise and fall.

Thumbnail by KimchiMonger Thumbnail by KimchiMonger Thumbnail by KimchiMonger Thumbnail by KimchiMonger Thumbnail by KimchiMonger
Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

So did you paint stripes in different colors and then soften with the water? Did the paint run? Is it flat paint?
I think it looks great and you were very brave ;0)

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

More INcredible. I LOve this too! You have a very rich house!

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

I applied the blue base first and allowed to dry 20 mins. The next color was the darkest of the following three colors. Applied it in long thin lines blending into the ceiling corner and immediately began spraying with water. Spray the 1-3 inch wide lines to soften edges and create light spots along the dark streaks. Dry for a few minutes and introduce the rest of your colors. Avoid tunnel vision by stepping back to view the entire wall as you work! The lines have to be properly spaced to achieve even levels of color along the wall.

The paint and water will run. Spray what you need to move the paint as desired. This also produces quite a puddle! Have towels at bottom of flower to receive running paint water.

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Lots of work...and lots of self editing. I am not so hot at editing - that is why I have a huge sparkly fish hanging in my living room ( but she has these gorgeous full red pouty lips and big blue eyes and all the boys just love her! )

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.