-
AuthorContent
KimchiMonger
Dallas, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 24, 2012
10:01 PM

Post #9285626

Unusual Wall Paint Project - Couldn't find this color swatch in a can so I took various colors, sprayed on water, and eventually achieved my desired color. It's color hue changes with sunrise and fall.

Thumbnail by KimchiMonger   Thumbnail by KimchiMonger   Thumbnail by KimchiMonger   Thumbnail by KimchiMonger   Thumbnail by KimchiMonger
Click an image for an enlarged view.

missingrosie
Hillsborough, NC

September 26, 2012
5:18 PM

Post #9287277

So did you paint stripes in different colors and then soften with the water? Did the paint run? Is it flat paint?
I think it looks great and you were very brave ;0)

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

September 26, 2012
6:56 PM

Post #9287381

More INcredible. I LOve this too! You have a very rich house!
KimchiMonger
Dallas, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 17, 2012
8:42 PM

Post #9308519

I applied the blue base first and allowed to dry 20 mins. The next color was the darkest of the following three colors. Applied it in long thin lines blending into the ceiling corner and immediately began spraying with water. Spray the 1-3 inch wide lines to soften edges and create light spots along the dark streaks. Dry for a few minutes and introduce the rest of your colors. Avoid tunnel vision by stepping back to view the entire wall as you work! The lines have to be properly spaced to achieve even levels of color along the wall.

The paint and water will run. Spray what you need to move the paint as desired. This also produces quite a puddle! Have towels at bottom of flower to receive running paint water.
missingrosie
Hillsborough, NC

October 18, 2012
6:18 AM

Post #9308714

Lots of work...and lots of self editing. I am not so hot at editing - that is why I have a huge sparkly fish hanging in my living room ( but she has these gorgeous full red pouty lips and big blue eyes and all the boys just love her! )

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Home Decorating Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Mexican theme, not for the faint of heart MollyMc 57 Jan 4, 2008 3:14 AM
Kitchen Makeover......There's no turning back now!! nminmd 164 Nov 19, 2014 12:23 AM
Removing Wallpaper GrannyLois 30 Aug 18, 2009 11:32 PM
Bedroom re-do Terry 42 Aug 16, 2014 11:12 PM
Re-do on the bedroom. What a difference! Badseed 45 Jan 23, 2009 6:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America