Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Drought messed with my garden this summer: Good to Hear

Communities > Forums > Article: Drought messed with my garden this summer
bookmark
Forum: Article: Drought messed with my garden this summerReplies: 5, Views: 11
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

riceke

riceke
Snellville, GA
(Zone 7b)

September 27, 2012
4:45 AM

Post #9287666

It's good to hear that I wasn't the only one suffering from the Summer heat and drought. I grew weary of dragging the garden hose around every morning and evening, wishing for a break of cool air and rain. For the past few years I have been thinking maybe next year it will be different but nooooot!

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 27, 2012
7:16 AM

Post #9287788

Unfortunately you weren't the only one ! Hoping for a better next year for all of us!

Adina

riceke

riceke
Snellville, GA
(Zone 7b)

September 28, 2012
4:37 AM

Post #9288610

It's funny Adina that you're almost on the other side of the Earth and are experiencing the same things that I am here. Looking at your pictures I would swear I was looking at my problems. I thought that the bad weather weather was only happening in the US but I guess this gobal warming trend is everywhere. Let's keep our fingers crossed for a better next year.
Ken

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 28, 2012
7:09 AM

Post #9288721

Agreed!

FlyPoison

FlyPoison
Rock Hill, SC
(Zone 7a)

September 28, 2012
9:17 AM

Post #9288899

Wow, I would've thought by looking at your pics that you were living here in South Carolina. We had a series of periods of good rain followed by 2-3 weeks of no rain followed by a lot rain, followed by 2-3 weeks of no rain etc, etc. from May until August.

The heat was earlier and more intense that normal and many veggies, plants. etc. did horribly. Tomato and other veggie production was simply awful in these parts. By mid-summer I got truly worn out by daily watering to ensure that my newer plants survived. I prefer natives b/c they tend to be more drought and pest tolerant. Fortunately August and September brought cooler and wetter weather. Here's to a much better growing season for all of us in 2013!

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 28, 2012
12:49 PM

Post #9289095

Thanks for sharing, FlyPoison! I'm sorry it was a bad year for your veggies too. Hoping for a better year too!

Adina

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Drought messed with my garden this summer Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Article ves522 6 Sep 25, 2012 1:16 AM
drought cherylscout 5 Sep 25, 2012 10:32 PM
DRAUGHT dordee 1 Sep 25, 2012 1:17 AM
legume hapylica 3 Sep 26, 2012 1:12 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America