Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

September 27, 2012
9:42 AM

Post #9287944

Hello friends.

I'm new to this particular forum. To be frank, I rarely visit. Just thought 'why not I share' a couple of pictures here. I have this Epidendrum radicans since nearly 20 years. Both red and orange types. Both pictures are backlit by the afternoon sun.

Dinu

Thumbnail by Dinu   Thumbnail by Dinu
Click an image for an enlarged view.

hawkarica
Odessa, FL
(Zone 9b)

September 27, 2012
2:18 PM

Post #9288177

Those are nice pics, Dinu. Thanks for posting.

Jim

This message was edited Sep 27, 2012 6:28 PM
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

October 14, 2012
4:03 PM

Post #9305088

I'm glad you've come by to visit. I've enjoyed seeing your many inventions and reading about your interesting life on the other forums. Been a while since I've seen your posts though.Thanks for stopping by and sharing photos.

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

October 15, 2012
10:48 AM

Post #9306017

Wow, MaypopLaurel. So nice to know. I'd have loved your responses/comments.
Here is the red and orange blooms side by side, taken today.

Thumbnail by Dinu
Click the image for an enlarged view.

OCCAROL
Santa Ana, CA
(Zone 10b)

October 15, 2012
2:51 PM

Post #9306308

I second what Laurel said! That's another pair of plants we have in common too, though I think my orange one is Epi. schomburgkii, as it doesn't have the air root mass the red one does. I've had mine for around 30 years. We seem to have similar taste in plants as well as similar zones.
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

October 15, 2012
3:32 PM

Post #9306338

Dinu, I sometimes wander through DG forums in the middle of the night when I can't sleep. I stick to just a very few forums due to limited time time. Your colorful and creative life in India is a breath of fresh air. Very lovely Epidendrums too. Join in on the monthly threads too.

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

October 16, 2012
2:49 AM

Post #9306726

Occarol, yes you are right. Similar zones, similar tastes! Even Florida for that matter has similar plants. My Epidendrums have grown quite a lot. It's been with me since ... about 17-18 years and I really enjoy them. At one point of time, I almost threw the stick out as it would not grow! I had it in a small pot when I started it - a friend had given that. I suddenly decided to wait. And my patience has paid off.

Laurel [you remind me of my heroes - Laurel and Hardy], I'm also like you - sticking to a few forums and threads - limited time. Sleep routine is important. So I usually go to bed by 11 and get up by 6 am. Rarely I sit up after midnight. I also have this internet at my work desk. So I do these kind of things in the time I get. Thanks for your appreciation of my posts. Then you must see my blog. You may have quite a lot to get learned too. It is linked in my DG homepage here. Click on my name ...

Yesterday morning after a heavy shower the previous night, this raindrop was still thinking to fall to the ground.

Thumbnail by Dinu
Click the image for an enlarged view.

dyzzypyxxy

dyzzypyxxy
Sarasota, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 17, 2012
9:04 AM

Post #9307963

Hello, Dinu and welcome back. Very pretty Epi's there. I have the orange one similar to yours. The red is just beautiful.

I'm looking for another color to tone down the orange as it is a bit over the top when they burst into bloom in the spring.

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

November 14, 2012
9:45 AM

Post #9333036

Here are all the blooms today. All covered in one frame. And then two close ups.

Thumbnail by Dinu   Thumbnail by Dinu   Thumbnail by Dinu      
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 14, 2012
10:52 AM

Post #9333081

Very nice & welcome to the Orchid forum.
I love seeing what others have blooming. Fills in the void when mine aren't.
OCCAROL
Santa Ana, CA
(Zone 10b)

November 14, 2012
4:48 PM

Post #9333353

Wow, Dinu! You have been busy in the last four years! I really enjoyed reading your garden Journal!

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

November 14, 2012
8:55 PM

Post #9333544

Ya, ya, OCCAROL. Really busy. The garden journal is only a tip of the iceberg. Did you get to see my new blog on garden? I have just started it... will be posting often. Notice my junk blog also linked at the side. It may be interesting too.

http://dinusyarden.blogspot.in/

Thanks Qwilter. I've another orchid that should bloom in two months. Will add it up here. It's purple in colour and yet to be identified. I had posted it before but none were able to identify.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Orchids Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
A rare white form of the Pink Lady Slipper Orchid NCplantsman 10 Sep 12, 2009 12:38 PM
White Chinese Ground Orchid (Bletilla striata) goldenfish 4 Sep 10, 2009 1:04 AM
Any idea on an ID? langbr 5 Feb 7, 2009 12:29 AM
Orchid ID Dinu 4 Sep 27, 2012 9:44 AM
Seeds CaptMicha 12 Jun 12, 2008 11:35 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America