Photo by Melody
PlantFiles is getting a new look! Just in time for spring, we're rolling out a new look for the best online plants database. It will also work with your smart phones and mobile devices, so now you can take it with you on garden center visits or botanical garden tours. Questions or comments? Please post them here.

Article: Harvesting Apples: Thanks for the memories!

Communities > Forums > Article: Harvesting Apples
bookmark
Forum: Article: Harvesting ApplesReplies: 0, Views: 2
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
LhasaLover
(Tammie) Odessa, TX
(Zone 7b)

September 27, 2012
8:25 PM

Post #9288457

My grandparents had a HUGE apple tree in their back yard... I do mean HUGE! They lived in Knoxville TN. I don't remember exactly how they won a glider through the newspaper but the paper did an article about them and titled it "Don't sit under the apple tree with anyone else but me" . Many years my grandmother made apple pie, apple sauce, apple dumplings, spiced apples, candied apples with dinner... apple everything and we still had apples running out of our ears. I peeled more apples than you can imagine. Funny thing is ...

I DON'T LIKE APPLES!

I did spend many wonderful hours sitting on that glider with her and chatting... cooked apples are OK. ... and she sure knew a hundred ways to cook an apple.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Harvesting Apples Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great Article jerseyridgearts 3 Oct 1, 2012 11:54 AM
Sweet memories! jjacques 0 Sep 12, 2008 3:25 PM
apples KathyJo 0 Sep 15, 2008 12:27 PM
Apple moths 3Riley 0 Oct 1, 2012 12:13 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America