CLOSED: October Birthday thread

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

There's always room for more folks to join us. If you're just stumbling upon our Birthday thread or have lurked in the past and would like to join the fun, here's how our group works. During your Birth Month, you will receive a Birthday Card from each of the other participants. And in turn, you are to mail a Birthday Card to each participant during their Birth Month. Who doesn't enjoy receiving a thoughtful Card instead of junk mail and bills? A Card and a 1st Class Stamp, it's as simple as that. Purchased and handcrafted Cards are both welcome. Come on and have some fun!!!!

October Birthday(s):
Rvnsbrk / Juanita -- October 9
GardenQuail / Michelle -- October 28

Current Birthday Club Members:
Rouxcrew / Joy -- January 15
lanakila/Lanakila -- January 22
Irisluvr0252 / Debbie -- February 25
ClanCampbell / Chris -- February 28
hartzell81 / Heather -- March 3
Goldhillal / Crystal -- March 21
AmandaEsq / Amanda -- April 6
FruitoftheVine / Susan -- April 9
Crit / Patti -- May 10
Mud_Elf / Kris -- May 10
ahoogstra/Alicia -- May 17
taters55 / Linda Kay -- June 13
texaslady62 / Lori -- June 27
kohndr / Kobi -- July 2
Goober_Fairy/Kaitlyn -- August 5
GAgirl1066 / Paula -- September 1
GardenQuail / Michelle -- October 28
Sbish5/ Shirley --- November 1
Dahtzu / Faye -- December 25
Hope43 / Twyla -- December 28

In April, we agreed these folks will be responsible to start new monthly threads:
Goldhillal (Crystal) -- January
Rouxcrew (Joy) -- February
Mud_Elf / Kris -- March
Irisluvr0252 (Debbie) -- April
AmandaEsq (Amanda) -- May
FruitoftheVine- (Susan) -- June
Crit (Patti) -- July
taters55 (LK) -- August
GardenQuail (Michelle) -- September
taters55 (LK) -- October
GAgirl1066 (Paula) -- November
ClanCampbell (Chris) -- December

This message was edited Oct 30, 2012 8:49 AM

Thumbnail by taters55
Blackshear, GA

I followed....wow...I can't believe it is almost Halloween!! Where did the year go??

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Boo!

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

Time is flying, so is my life.

Ladies we have a new member, her name is Lanakila. Her Birthday is January 22.

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Welcome, Lanakila!
And look at all the others who came by :) Waving hello!
Will keep the September thread open through the weekend. Wow, almost October!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Michelle

Smiths, AL

Halloween is so close girls

Welcome, Lanakila!

Goober, what are you going to be for Halloween? Are you going trick or treating?

Leesburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm going to be what I always am for Halloween. A wicked witch!!!! Gotta get the broom inspected and ready to go. :))

Just don't end up like this! This old with had too many drinks and crashed into a poll! LOL!

Thumbnail by taters55

When my guide dog was a puppy, his puppy raiser dressed up as Little Bo Peep (spelling?), and she dressed him up as her lost sheep! LOL She gave us a picture of him, too :)
Michelle

Cute!

Witchy Woman, I knew I should have bought that hat at Joann's!

Blackshear, GA

Not my car...but I love the bumper sticker!

Thumbnail by GAgirl1066
Cutlerville, MI

May I play this coming year? My birthday is 5/17. I make handmade stamped cards, and I love to share them!

Too funny, Paula! I am not going to show that to my hubby...lol

Why wait til next year when you can jump in now, Alicia. I've seen your cards and know any of us would love to be your recipient :)

We had a nice surprise Thursday morning when our mail lady showed up way earlier than delivery time and left several Pumpkins she's grown on our porch. She also left a few Butternut Squash that I'll roast or make soup with. They are so good drizzled with melted butter and Maple syrup. Time to get crackin' and make a Fall display. Anybody else here make one?

So much for the two dwarf Pampas Grass plants I bought three years ago that weren't supposed to grow more than 4' tall. Both are obviously different cultivars and their blooms now reach above the eave of our garage.
We also rescued one with variegated leaves from a dumpster the same year and it's planted in the Wild Child garden out front where I hang large flags that change with the Seasons.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

Alicai, glad to have youjoin us, I have your name added to the list.

Fruity, what a nice surprise for you on the porch!

Leesburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Love those grasses, but I see what you mean!

LK I have a wooden witch like the one you posted that I have been trying to get painted and put together for years now. I need a few more hours in the day for all the things I want to get done. It would look so cool smacked into one of our trees here.

Would someone explain to me what genetic fault men have that they just have to go play golf even when it is raining cats and dogs? Something in that strand is missing for sure. Just because he took the day off to play doesn't mean he has to go or does it? :0)

That is in the same line as hunting, men take the time to go, even if it is raining, or freezing!
Can't wait to see your witch!

Blackshear, GA

Oh, and mine will go hunting or fishing even if he is sick.....

BUT..you have a nice cool beautiful day and ask them to do something for you, they've got a million reasons why they can't!!

OMG Can I relate! If it's not "his idea" it's not a "good idea". Ya'll, I do believe our husbands are long-lost brothers.

Hunting season starts here Saturday. I don't know who's more excited.....me or him! A few hours to myself will be Heaven. Truth be known, he probably feels the same way. Over the years I've seen him play golf rain or shine often in 100 degree temps, come home from hunting freezing cold on snowy days despite being dressed like the Michelin Man, and before we were married I've heard the story more than once how he and a buddy went fishing one snowy day and their snot froze!

Hi, all!
Alicia, welcome! It's great to have you join us :)
Paula, what did the bumper sticker say?
Fruity, what a neat surprise to find :) What kind of displays do you like to make for the fall?
My mom bakes acorn squash with a mixture of brown sugar and butter in them. She bakes them long enough that the squash gets nice and tender and the butter and brown sugar gets to a nice syrupy consistancy. I've made it, too, but it's been a while. Might have to do some of it again soon!
Michelle

Michelle, There were several bumper stickers in the same photo. One said "Your Silence Will Not Protect You", another said "I haven't been the same since that house fell on my sister"...lol But the one with a Halloween theme said "My Other Car is a Broom".

Fall display...well, we usually have a cluster of Corn shocks tied with twine and bales of hay stacked up strewn with Pumpkins and Mums. Nothing fancy and still haven't begged enough Corn stocks to use. Nobody much had a good stand of Corn this year due to lack of rain.

Did you all hear the shortage of Bacon reported last week here in the States is mainly a hoax to bolster pork prices in Great Britain?

Just checked the calendar today and Monday is a Holiday. National Children's Day and Columbus Day observed in the US; Thanksgiving in Canada; and Health and Sports Day in Japan. That means for us in the Birthday Club there won't be mail on Monday, so get those cards and letters in the mail to Neener as soon as you can for her big day next Tuesday.

Leesburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh stop... I am not having another birthday. You're just all hot to get me to be the same age as you and Joy. Bad.. bad girl. :0)

Fruity, do you hear someone talking??? LOL!

Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL(Zone 7b)

Found you all. I am very late mailing cards darn it.. I will try to get us up to date this week.. I am at the dreaded laundrymat..sigh.. So sick of this. But the laundry room got put on hold so we can save up enough to get new truck. We found one and are about $500.00 shy on the down payment. So here is to praying Ralphs truck makes it 3 more weeks till the next bonus...

Got to go clothes are dry and Ralph wants help folding them,,, meanie,,,,

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Neener, you know I am the baby, I'm only 29. LOL

Leesburg, VA(Zone 7a)

:P Joy. Almost sent you a note today. Had to draw a sheep for a RAK (Random Act of Kindness) on my ATC board. Couldn't figure out what they looked like for real. Oh well I got it done. Just remember there is such a thing as artistic license. :))

Heather, many thanks for the card that came today. It was hilarious!

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

I love that sheep drawing!

Hi, all.
Got Neener's card... Might not make it to the mail til Friday, though. It's one of the new designs from when the Braille Project restocked their cards. Will let you know when it's on its way :)
Those bumper stickers are funny... Especially like the last two :)
Elfie, glad you all found a truck you like. Praying the other makes it just a bit longer... As far as the laundromat goes, I don't envy you, but look on the bright side... You have help folding the clothes :)
The fall display sounds fun :) Hope you can find the things you need for it!
Michelle

Leesburg, VA(Zone 7a)

thanks LK..

Leesburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I got a lovely card from Crystal today. Thank you so much for the note!

Hi, all.
Looks like Neener will have a birthweek instead of a birthday :) Should be getting her card out this week!
Hope you all have had a nice weekend!
Michelle

Happy Birthday Sweet Neener! May all your blooms come true :)
I thought I saw a bow in this one.
So how does it feel to be as old as Joy and me? Love ya bunches!

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E. Lewis

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

Happy Birthday Neener! Hope your day is a special one!

Thumbnail by taters55
(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Hoppy birdie two ewes, Hoppy birdie two ewes, Hoppy birdie deer Neener,
Hoppy birdie two ewes!

From the whole gang at the Roux Crew!!! We luv you bunches!

Leesburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Hee Hee.... I may be old, but I'm in the best company ever!! Thanks Ladies!!!

Athens, PA(Zone 5b)

Happy happy birthday Neener!

Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL(Zone 7b)

Happy Birthday Neener from Me and Goober,,,, . We hope your day is full of love and laughter!!!!

This message was edited Oct 9, 2012 10:52 AM

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

Hello Nita and Happy Birthday. If my time wasn't rushing so fast I might say you're on the way to catching up. Slow down and enjoy every day the best you can.
You are loved..

Hi, all.
Neener, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope your day is wonderful :)
Back to fall weather here after we briefly revisited summer! Still need to finish replanting freesias... Got the largest ones replanted before the heat returned, and they're already growing! Still have lots of little ones to replant, and they, too, are already sprouting. Hope to get them replanted this week some time so they can really get on with their growing! Want to get various kinds of seeds planted, too. So many other things to do, though, so I'll have to see what I get to.
Hey, my dahlias have buds on them again! They died back when they went so long without being watered. But when I started watering them again, they started growing leaves again. And now, they all have buds again :) Will be neat to have their flowers blooming again!
Have a great week, everyone!
Michelle

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.