Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Heucheras and Friends: Buying Heucheras online?

Communities > Forums > Heucheras and Friends
bookmark
Forum: Heucheras and FriendsReplies: 4, Views: 78
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
PeeperKeeper
Georgetown, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 28, 2012
6:28 AM

Post #9288698

Where do you go? I'm tired of searching and hoping to find the varieties I want around town. Seems like the ones I've looked at in the Garden Watchdog are wholesale only?

It seems like there used to be regular group buys here on DG where a bunch of people would get together to make a big order from the wholesalers but I can't find where those are posted. I only see swaps.

Specifically I want Georgia Peach, Autumn Leaves and Silver Scrolls.

springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

September 28, 2012
9:21 AM

Post #9288906

Have you ordered from mamajack co-op? She has a sale of heuchera going for spring. Also, In the country gardens and gifts, Hosta Direct and I love hostas are good online sources. I'm winding things up for the winter but always have divisions of heuchera in the spring. You could send me a D-mail early in the year see what I have then. Never know it's just what is doing well that year. Autumn Leaves is not a big encreaser for me so I know that wouldn't be one.
PeeperKeeper
Georgetown, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 28, 2012
10:03 AM

Post #9288978

Thanks Spring. Down here in TX, now is about the best time to start perennials (just got out of the heat of the summer and a "hard" freeze here is like 29F and usually doesn't happen until February) so I'd kinda like to get some in the ground to be established by Spring. I've got a new little part sun area to play with by the deck, too.

I'll try one of the vendors you suggested & also check out Mamajack's co-op. But you may be hearing from me in the Spring anyway. :-)
springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

September 28, 2012
4:16 PM

Post #9289247

You may want to find some that have Villosa as parents. There was a good thread on mamajack about which heuchera grow in TX. Some do better in cooler areas like here in WA. That thread was some time late spring/summer.
cathy166
Stamford, CT
(Zone 6b)

September 29, 2012
5:47 PM

Post #9290314

Our garden centers have the best choices for Heucheras in the spring. If I were to purchase on line, I would want to make sure they are established plants and not plugs.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Heucheras and Friends Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Any Heuchera Experts Out There, specifically deer-resistant JudithI 19 Feb 14, 2009 5:00 PM
Colorful Heucheras sanannie 148 Aug 2, 2007 5:10 PM
New Member - wondering about Heucheras jazmine188 18 May 29, 2007 1:27 PM
Palace Purple Overexposed! (Warning...this is scary) Erynne 24 May 31, 2007 3:30 PM
Question about wintering over Heucheras BlueAsh 17 Mar 28, 2007 9:57 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America