Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Plant Trading: Have: Skirret and scented geraniums

Communities > Forums > Plant Trading
bookmark
Forum: Plant TradingReplies: 4, Views: 86
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Katlian
Carson City, NV
(Zone 6b)

September 28, 2012
3:01 PM

Post #9289184

If you haven't heard of skirret, it's a member of the carrot family with edible roots but it's perennial so you just dig around the plant and break off a root or two when you need it. It was popular in Europe in the Middle Ages. I got the seeds from the USDA to evaluate so all I ask in return for these plants is a report next fall about how they did in your garden and some basic info about your garden (soil moisture, sun/shade, zone, etc.) These are still pretty small (2 inch pots.)

The scented geraniums are of the following types: eucalyptus, nutmeg, lemon, strawberry, and mint beauty. I'm not sure how many of each I have but I will try to fill requests. They have been in the shadehouse all summer and somewhat crowded so they are a bit leggy but they all tolerate pruning quite well and grow readily from the cuttings. (which is why I have so many extras.)

One thing I am particularly looking for in trade is Salvia dorisiana (fruit scented sage.) I had one for years and grew many cuttings from it but this summer both of my plants died rapidly and the cuttings I took from them didn't make it either. I think our water has high salt levels this year due to the drought and it's been hard on my plants.
steadycam3
Houston Heights, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 28, 2012
3:05 PM

Post #9289188

Hi, Kat. What is the zone range for the scented geraniums?
Katlian
Carson City, NV
(Zone 6b)

September 28, 2012
3:09 PM

Post #9289192

I'm not sure, there seem to be a lot of opinions in the PlantFiles but I bring them inside before it freezes.
KayJones
Panama City Beach, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 1, 2012
6:02 PM

Post #9292895

Scented geraniums are grown as annuals in zones 4 and 5, and they are perennials in Zones 8 and higher.
Moofiepoo
Orlando, FL

October 2, 2012
11:06 AM

Post #9293646

Sent you a dmail

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Plant Trading Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
have colts foot and a goldenseal bloomingidiot 5 May 29, 2009 7:56 PM
Crocosmia Zanymuse 17 Oct 25, 2007 1:37 AM
CLOSED: Yucca? Melissa_Ohio 8 Apr 6, 2008 3:43 PM
hardy glad bulbs and small yucca plants catbirdsue 8 Apr 5, 2008 11:40 PM
Wanted : Tri color Strawberry Begonia,Blue Sky Flower MsCritterkeeper 18 Feb 23, 2009 11:34 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America