Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

Have: Skirret and scented geraniums

Carson City, NV(Zone 6b)

If you haven't heard of skirret, it's a member of the carrot family with edible roots but it's perennial so you just dig around the plant and break off a root or two when you need it. It was popular in Europe in the Middle Ages. I got the seeds from the USDA to evaluate so all I ask in return for these plants is a report next fall about how they did in your garden and some basic info about your garden (soil moisture, sun/shade, zone, etc.) These are still pretty small (2 inch pots.)

The scented geraniums are of the following types: eucalyptus, nutmeg, lemon, strawberry, and mint beauty. I'm not sure how many of each I have but I will try to fill requests. They have been in the shadehouse all summer and somewhat crowded so they are a bit leggy but they all tolerate pruning quite well and grow readily from the cuttings. (which is why I have so many extras.)

One thing I am particularly looking for in trade is Salvia dorisiana (fruit scented sage.) I had one for years and grew many cuttings from it but this summer both of my plants died rapidly and the cuttings I took from them didn't make it either. I think our water has high salt levels this year due to the drought and it's been hard on my plants.

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi, Kat. What is the zone range for the scented geraniums?

Carson City, NV(Zone 6b)

I'm not sure, there seem to be a lot of opinions in the PlantFiles but I bring them inside before it freezes.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Scented geraniums are grown as annuals in zones 4 and 5, and they are perennials in Zones 8 and higher.

Orlando, FL

Sent you a dmail

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.