Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

DJ'S FALL BULB SWAP

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

I HAVE A COLLAGE OF BULBS NAMED & LOST TAGS & WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE ARE OTHERS THAT WOULD LIKE TO SHARE
SOME OF YOURS

If you want to come share please sign up here I'm not going to have anyone list what you have for this is going to be just a " GRAB BAG"
with at lease 10-15 ASSORTED Bulbs Or as Many as you have to share .

I'M JUST GOING TO ASK YOU TO "PLEASE CHECK THE BULBS TO BE SURE THEY ARE HEALTH NO SOFT OR MUSHY ,

YOU MAY SEND ANYTHING JUST HAVE THEM SORTED AS TO WHAT THEY ARE . YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE A

LIKE A GIVEN NAME (Tulip Siagon ) or (Princess Irene ) Just what you know they are :) If they are named & You know it Great but
NO NAMES Are fine

DAFFODILL
CROCUS
HYACINTH
ALLIUM

MAIL OUT BY NOV 1st

Thumbnail by deejay9

PLAYERS here is your partners

FOTV SENDS TO GOLDHILLAL
GOLDHILLAL SENDS TO MITTSY
MITTSY SENDS TO AHOOGSTRA
AHOOGSTRA SENDS TO SBISH5
SBISH5 SENDS TO DEEJAY9
DEEJAY9 SENDS TO FOTV

PLEASE POST HERE WHEN YOU SEND OR REC'D YOUR BULBS ALSO PLEASE TRY TO TAKE A PICTURE & POST WHAT YOU HAVE REC'D . IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A CAMERA PLEASE LET YOUR PARTNER KNOW THEY CAN TAKE THE PICTURE & POST IT OR SEND TO ME I WILL POST IT :)

please try to get your bulbs out as soon as possible so everyone has time to get them in the ground before the snow flies:)
thank you all .

This message was edited Oct 13, 2012 8:51 PM

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Sign me up, I have lots of Narcissus/Daffodils. I'd dearly love some alliums, and anything suitable for winter forcing.

OHHHH Coool Mittsy I Just got the ones planted you sent yo me then I Was ask if I would Open this & So now I Have to go dig up a few BULBS :) HEHE

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Sounds great. I'll play, Susie. Timing is good too since the bulbs I've ordered should be here before our mail out date.
Any bulb is fine with me, named or not. Love to be surprised.
What a pretty Lily up there *wink*

I need to know if all the bulbs will be mailed to you or if they will go to the individuals participating? We're leaving soon for our winter home and it would be better to mail from here.
mittsy

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Just the 4 kinds to swap? :(

NO The BULBS Will Not be coming to me .
you will get a Partner Someone will send to you & You will be sending to someone else that way less chance of getting the same bulbs back :) HEHE

MTTSY: When do you leave for the south?

Crystal : whatcha mean 4 kind of swap? BULBS can be ANY TYPE OF BULBS NOT JUST THE 4 UP TOP.
JUST WANTED TO MAKE IT EASY ON ANYONE WANTING TO JOIN US .

A. LILIES
O. LILIES
DUTCH IRISES
TB. IRISES
SDB.IRISES
TULIPS
CROCUS
DAFF'S
ALLIUMS

Would Cannas and Dahlias be OK as well?

Don't see why Not :) I Have lots to share & I Just Bought about 20+ From Pat went out the other day & Marked all the ONEs I Wanted With Green Ribbon so when she Digs I will go get them . Thanks SOOZE I Hadn"t thought of them .

Folks in warmer climates aren't able to grow Tulips in the ground, not sure what other Spring-blooming bulbs are included, but that is what my SIL in Ft. Worth said because the chill period required isn't adequate enough. She gave a bag of Tulip bulbs to me one year after they bloomed for her at work and I wanted to know why she just didn't plant them. That's why I thought Cannas and Dahlias might be good candidates for people in warmer climates.

Mittsy and Crystal, just curious what kinds of Spring-blooming bulbs can you plant in the ground in FL and AL? Forcing I guess would be successful for any though.

Pic is an Amaryllis, another kind of bulb I adore.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

peruvian lilies, alstroemeria
african lilies, crinum
cannas, caladiums
my favorites are blue, but any color Agapanthus (lilies of the Nile)
Naked ladies lilies
rain lilies
another favorite, begonias for hanging baskets
bletilla and Nun's - ground orchids

DAFF"S Are good for forcing & They have some great ones out there I Love the DBLS
I Like Surprises as for Bulbs named or not . need or would like more crocus & alliums other then
I Have the " Purple Rain " & have a yellow Moly - 'Lily Leek' well one that looks like the molly :)
I'd like some white ,allium .or REDISH color
well this old lady is tuckered out tonight so guess i will lay back early with a Movie GN All

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

OK! Count me in!!

DEEJAY
MITTSY
FOTV
GOLDHILLAL

Cutlerville, MI

Hey everyone! Count me in! You know anything my sweet suzie starts I'm in:)

DEEJAY
MITTSY
FOTV
GOLDHILLAL
AHOOGSTRA --WELCOME

Saginaw, MI

Hello, Would like to join in if possible! Am new to this but I have :

SDB iris(would be named)
TB iris(would be named)
and have a "mixed" pot of tulip,daffodil,hyacinth bulbs.

Would love some new oriental lilies,pink daffodils,odd color canna(leaves or flowers) but also open to anything you have!!
I know day lilies aren't exactly fall bulbs but know some people have them and I would love some of those also!!(Just saying!!!)
Thank you

This message was edited Oct 3, 2012 1:09 PM

This message was edited Oct 6, 2012 8:31 AM

Hey Shirley! Glad to see you here. You'll have fun in the groups.

Saginaw, MI

Thanks for the welcome Susan!

Hi Shirley The 13 th I Will be up in your area :) Meeting other DG Friends at FRANKINMUTH :) Be Nice if you also could Join us :)
anyway welcome to the group .

Would you please send me your address so i can share with your partner when i find out whom will be sending to you :))
ya all have a great day back later

DEEJAY
MITTSY
FOTV
GOLDHILLAL
AHOOGSTRA
SBISH5

Well guess there are not to many that have Bulbs to share so I will assign us a partner SATURDAY THE 13 th then we can send when ever your ready to send .

Looks as i won't be getting together with the Girls Saturday I Have to pay for a tooth to be pulled Very BUMMED over this but has to be done.

Will try to have have your partners by later today .

your partners are posted above please let me know you are still watching :))))

Mighty fine job! Thank you, Susie.

Saginaw, MI

Looks like Susie is my partner!! Going out today (if rain stops long enough---STILL raining her from yesterday) and get things together so I can get them sent out tomorrow!!!

Saginaw, MI

Well have my things ready to be boxed up for Susie and will be mailing them out tomorrow morning!! Hope she likes them!! Happy planting Susie!!!

Thumbnail by sbish5
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

What is that to the top left by the tulips that is sprouting. Has 3/4 sprouts and a little something red (maybe new growth) in there?

Saginaw, MI

That one is a hyacinth bulb. There are others that are sprouting also , just can't see it in the pic!!!

Shirley was you outside with your flash light digging ?? I didn't get the list posted till about 9 pm :) you are so fast When you have a Month :) really :)

Fruity I will be sending yours around the 1st of the Month for i have something ordered so have to wait on that :) .

busy with the seed robin today so may not be on much today .ya all have a great day .

susie

Saginaw, MI

NOPE no flashlights required!!! Just an early riser!! I find I can get more done in the morning before everyone else gets up!! Wanted to get irises to you so they can get established enough before we get a real bad frost(have had a few window scraping mornings already). Hope you like your things when you get them! And getting things ready for cemetary-taking Mom out to put things out for Dad & grandparents.

Thumbnail by sbish5 Thumbnail by sbish5
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Great arrangements!!!

Cutlerville, MI

Woot Woot! Look out sbish5:) Here comes the bulbs:) Thanks Susie!

Shirley Love your arrangements & What a Great Idea For the Graves I Should do that for Mom& Dads :) TY for sharing .

This is going to be a fun swap . TY all

Saginaw, MI

Thanks Susie, The kids love trying to come up with something different for each birthday/holiday for dad & grandparents!! There is actually now an Easter Lily(that just bloomed!) in the middle of the arrangement that my oldest son cut to put out for grandpa!! Can't forget about dad & grandparents!!

Saginaw, MI

Thanks Alicia!! I'm ready & waitin!!!!

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

DJ

Do you have room for me? I only have daffodil bulbs to share....so no worries if there's no room!

Candi

I'll swap with you, Candi! Don't mind sending two boxes for this one.

Susie, I appreciate your thoughtfulness so much, but you should not have ordered something for me! You know I am always happy with what you share from your gardens.

Crystal, your box is ready to go tomorrow. For whatever reason, your address still isn't being picked up on the USPS site for printing a label, so I'll get a Delivery Confirmation # at the PO tomorrow and send it to you and Susie. No problem. Have to go anyway since I don't know who's running the route this week because our regular mail lady is at the beach with a girlfriend. Lucky dog texted me today that she had her toes in the sand! She sure does deserve a vacation from work and critter chores.

Very clever arrangements, Shirley! Lots of inspiration and imagination there. Are those real pumpkins or Funkins?

Not to worry Fruity I Get one Just Like yours :) HEHE GN All

Good for you! Many times have I done the same thing, making it 'twice as nice' :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.