Entertainment #12

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I thought we needed a new one:
We were here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1245497/#new

Thumbnail by ge1836
East Bridgewater, MA

Wow !!!

That photo of Fred Astaire looks so gay, but he was straight !!!

He was a great dancer and actor (an OK singer), and I miss his persona.

Maybe it's the black-and-white element, but they just seem more elegant.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I dont care who he slept with.He was a great dancer and that kind of talent is misssing these days.

East Bridgewater, MA

Maybe it's menopause, but I don't care a hoot about which celebrities (or anyone else on the planet) "interact"; unless it produces a quality piece of film/art/knowledge.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I have tried to come up with a concise paragraph that puts the issue in perspective.
I dont want to know about the private life of the person who checks me out at the supermarket,takes my deposits at the bank,helps me with cat food decisions,takes my blood pressure and the list goes on.
It has never been anyone's business,its not a subject civilized decent people talk about.
It requires a level of intimacy that is in appropriate in the daily discourse of everyone's life.
Thats my story and I am sticking to it

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

I wear panties.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Matching bra too?

No, just pasties.

East Bridgewater, MA

With sequins, no doubt !!!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Tassels!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

i am unable to respond to victor's post and not be censored

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

LOL! You're way too funny Victor!

Karen

East Bridgewater, MA

"wha":

You certainly could find euphemisms.

PBS's "America's Test Kitchen" and "Cook's Country" get by the censors, and so can you !!!!

Just put on your thinking cap, dude !

You can do it !

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

who you calling dude :)

East Bridgewater, MA

"Dude":

Go play with your rocks and stones !!!

(I'm a secret enthusiast of geologic samples, so dude, "rock on.")

On my gravestone, please put:

"I don't care if quartz is a common element, it's just plain elegant."

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

I watched the animated film Bolt last night, which was on the Disney channel. As far as animated movies go, this has to be one of my favorites.

I also saw The Postman with Kevin Costner, which I got from Netflix. Didn't get to see all of it, but what I did see was really good.

Karen

East Bridgewater, MA

Yes,

Kevin Costner used to be over-rated...now, he's under-rated.

Jeepers, a good actor is a good actor.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

I agree.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

We saw Avengers over the weekend too...LOVED IT!!!!!!!!

best line
there's only 1 God, ma'am, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that!

Yes - good one from the Capt!

Never tire of seeing Scarlett...

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

I saw The Avengers a couple months ago. Loved it.

Karen

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Where was this guy when I was looking.
http://everyonelovesavalet.tumblr.com/post/32610337626/some-teary-shizz-right-here-happy-downton-day

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

for some reason pics aren't loading for me

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Did you click the white arrow in the center?
Otherwise sorry.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Weird, now it's working

His jowls are too big for me

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

Walked in on DW watching 'The Story of Mankind' on the movie channel. Unbelievably cheesy mashup from old clips with (also unbelievably) an all star cast. Vincent Price as the devil, Ronald Coleman, Hedy Lamarr, Agnes Moorehead, Cedrick Hardwicke, Peter Lorre, and dozens more...and get this: Harpo Marx as Sir Isaac Newton. I never knew Sir Isaac played the harp!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

was it cheesy funny? or cheesy bad?

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Going to take a client to see Hotel Transylvania. Looks like it will be good.

Oh, did I mention I saw ParaNorman about 2 or 3 weeks ago? I really liked it.

Karen

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I want to see hotel Transylvania

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

Flo:
Cheesy bad. Can you imagine Groucho Marx as Peter Minuet buying Manhattan from the natives for a bunch of beads? The premise is that the human race is on trial for its existence. The trouble is (besides the stock clips used as backgrounds and the cut-rate sets) was that the exhibits produced by the devil showing the bad side of humans are more interesting than those produced in its favor.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Hotel Transylvania was great! I would even see it again. Love it!

Karen

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Went and saw Rise of the Guardians today, it was good but some of the characters just seemed too familiar, the elves reminded me of the minions from Despicable Me

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Was it made by the same company, Jen? I saw it, too, and thought it was really good. Loved the Easter Bunny. Jack Frost was great. They were all good, really. I'm always amazed at what they can do with CGI.

I did end up seeing Hotel Transylvania again. Was just as good the second time around.

Today I saw Breaking Dawn Part 2. Excellent!

Tomorrow I'm seeing Life Of Pi. I read the book and loved it. Can't wait to see the movie. Looks like it will be really good.

Karen

Larry Hagman died.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I loved "I Dream of Jeanie"

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

I chortled at Roger Ebert's comment on "Guardians". "There's an audience for this film. It's not me. " But he still gave it 3 out of 4 stars. I guess you gotta love a film where Hugh Jackman plays the Easter Bunny!

We have a granddaughter with us for the holiday. She wants to see "Life of Pi" today. I guess she wants to brush up on her trigonometry.

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Saw Flight with Denzel Washington Thursday. Interesting that the consequences of Alcoholism are now movie material.

I loved Jeanie too - especially Jeanie!

We watched Tintin last night. Liked it a lot. These computer images are getting frightfully realistic. Saw How to Train Your Dragon recently. Liked that too.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Don, I thought Hugh did great as the Easter Bunny. He was definitely not a cutesy bunny.

I was never a big fan of 'Jeanie'.

Memory, how was Flight? I would like to go see it.

I saw both of those movies, Victor, and I really liked them myself. I loved the Dragon one. Seen it several times. That's one I'll never get tired of, but then I've always been a big dragon fan.

Karen

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Guardians and Despicable Me weren't produced by the same studios, guess they are running out of original characters
We liked How to Train your Dragon(they had a live show, wanted to go see that but the kids didn't, weird)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.