Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Morning Glories: Morning Glories 2012 # 11

Communities > Forums > Morning Glories
bookmark
Forum: Morning GloriesReplies: 95, Views: 708
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 30, 2012
9:53 PM

Post #9291637

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1280410

Pretty Japanese Asago

Thumbnail by patootie
Click the image for an enlarged view.

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 1, 2012
1:07 PM

Post #9292486

China Doll not.
Blushing Bride
Stapelia only 6 inch bloom, thought it would be much larger
Snail/Corkscrew

Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   
Click an image for an enlarged view.

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 1, 2012
5:08 PM

Post #9292828

Jackie, Love your blooms. The 2 pinks are gorgeous, even your China doll not is very nice. Corkscrew/snail and Stapelia are neat plants.

I took pictures in the morning but too busy to post until now.

Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 1, 2012
6:16 PM

Post #9292914

Those are beautiful blooms Helena and a joy to see.

Your Choc Silk is a beauty and Star of India is too.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 1, 2012
11:00 PM

Post #9293197

Helena, what is the pink blizzard bloom on the end? Is it a Pink Sazanami? Its very pretty.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 2, 2012
7:36 AM

Post #9293436

Thanks Jackie. That did look like a pink saz to me too but it could just be a pink blizard.

These from today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh         

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 2, 2012
7:41 AM

Post #9293443

Some more blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh      

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 2, 2012
12:39 PM

Post #9293722

Helena, all very pretty, I love the blue with the darker blue star.
What is the very pale bloom in the center, bottom row.

Saz bloom

no Mai

Plum Purple Velvet

Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie      

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 2, 2012
6:22 PM

Post #9294123

Thanks Jackie. That bloom your asking about is what I thought was pink ice yesterday so now I'll have to see what kind of bloom it'll make again. Weird that it would change colors like that from one day to another.

Your blooms are all very pretty too. I like your Saz and no Mai and Purple Plum, all have nice color.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 2, 2012
9:30 PM

Post #9294290

gorgeous! I lost you all and I am glad I found you.. my blooms are almost done, only setosa and shibouri and jl and wild mgs blooming now..

you both have had some kicking great blooms this year.
lookie this cute wild mg I found out in a field near missouri

Thumbnail by joeswife

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 2, 2012
10:02 PM

Post #9294312

Helena, The cooler weather most likely caused the color change. I'm sure your Pink Ice will open pink when the new blooms open.
Thanks Debra. Your blooms were very pretty too this yr.
Look at my No Sora blooms in pink, not blue, on the 2nd day of being open after a cool night last night.

Thumbnail by patootie

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

October 3, 2012
5:05 AM

Post #9294428

Pretty in Pink!!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 3, 2012
5:47 AM

Post #9294461

i like that. it's cool to see them still on for more than a few hours, even as we go into Fall.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 3, 2012
7:33 AM

Post #9294551

Pretty white Debra.

I also like your pretty pink Jackie.

Today I have these 3 pink vines put together.
A neat Star of India.
Pink silk.
Purple speckled
Mauve star.

Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 3, 2012
12:45 PM

Post #9294876

Thanks Ronnie, Debra and Helena.

Gorgeous pinks Helena, very pretty togather.
I really like your Mauve Star.

Purple Tie Dyes, I have 2 or 3 of this vine and this one makes the prettiest purple blooms.
All 3 of these vines read Blue Tie Dye. The only one that made blue blooms was the vine in the large tub.

Choc Silk, this vine came out of Sunrise Mxd and has not made even a single sd pod. I tried to pollinate'by hand yesterday.

Pink Tie Dye

Off to work in the ghouse with DH. Temps down to 40 night time by this weekend. We're having to replace
the see thru plastic we line the g house with.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 3, 2012
9:53 PM

Post #9295354

you guys are so lucky to have warmer climates, the show is awsome! I am cutting long vines of things that have pods I want to keep, and the others are getting tossed into the alley behind me. Everything is turning yellow, so I have to get to work after work every night. just came in from garae repotting stuff, as I work full time and the climate is dropping into 30's Saturday night. ugh. where ismy morning glory poem?
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 3, 2012
10:47 PM

Post #9295369

Debra,This is rather early to be turning so cool for us. Usually its much later in Oct.
Yes please find your MG Poem..

Pretty Purps
Wish I had marked more of these for sd gathering

A lovely different look from a no Mai this week

This Purple George Strait was different too.

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 5, 2012
7:01 AM

Post #9296463

Jackie, I love all your pretty blooms. Enjoyed seeing all of them. It's been very cool this week but don't know yet if it's going to get colder here yet.

Missed taking any good pictures yesterday, was too busy. I feel tired and worn out today. Only a few blooms today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 5, 2012
7:18 AM

Post #9296468

Jackie and Helena, thank you for the eye candy. I know we do not want to see winter come, but I also am tired. Off to the dr, I have been sick w/coughing all night and yukkie stuff. Hope you both enjoy a pleasant weekend inspite of the cold.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 5, 2012
11:54 AM

Post #9296693

Thanks Helena and Debra. Turning cold and with a cold rain headed here for this evening. Tomorrow it won't get out of the 50's. I dread it already. Have to finish carrying everything down to the g house

Beautiful blooms Helena, esp that first one. Love your Lav, Purple and
Choc Silk too.

Sorry you;re under the weather Debra.Hope you get to feeling better soon.
I take Vit C and Garlic every day trying to avoid being sick. For the most part it works

Pink Tie Dye

This message was edited Oct 21, 2012 12:11 AM

Thumbnail by patootie

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 5, 2012
2:18 PM

Post #9296772

Debra, I hope you feel better and dr can fix you up. I hate being sick too.

Beautiful PinkTie Dye bloom Jackie. I might have to bring in my mgs into the gh tonight. A bit warmer in there, try to protect ones that might bloom tomorrow.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 5, 2012
4:37 PM

Post #9296905

Thanks Helena. Most of mine are in the g house. I still have as many as 10 that are on the front porch.
I'm running out of room in g house. I've got 6 or 7 Plumerias to carry to ghouse and try to fit in somewhere.
They definitely wont like the 50 tonight

I think all my hummers have left for a warmer climate.

Pretty Pink Asago

Thumbnail by patootie

bluespiral

bluespiral

(Zone 7a)

October 5, 2012
9:52 PM

Post #9297180

Debra - I found your morning glory poem & put it in the sticky index under Arts & Humanities, to which I hope to add quite a bit, little by little, in the future.

I took liberties with the title of your poem - would you let me know how I should title it the way you want?

If anyone has any ideas or anything they'd like to see in the sticky index, would you pretty please rattle my cage?
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 6, 2012
6:41 AM

Post #9297326

Jackie, awesome pink bloom.

It's a beautiful sunny morning here in MS and I have a nice bloom from Star of India-not, it makes these and regular S of I blooms.
A pink.
A chocolate.
White and blue.
Purple speckled.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 6, 2012
7:38 AM

Post #9297389

Karen , thanks!
Gee, Jackie and Helena you both still continue to show us the prettiest blooms. I still have purps shibouri, JL, pink, purple, kniolas, etc/ . as well as the wild purple and i setosa, but I am too weak to go out and take pictures yet this am.
I love the tye dyes, and the S of I. good ones that entertain, don't you think? Now, all the dahlias decide to bloom, and from this window, I see the little yellw has bloomed ( MG)
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 6, 2012
11:45 AM

Post #9297564

Gorgeous blooms Helena. I love all of em. That 1st one is really pretty. I don't always know the names
but doesn't it look like the one they call Henka

Purple Tie Dye with No Mai. This is the prettiest Purple Tie Dye I've ever grown

No Mai

My Lantana showing in this one, I want DH to plant it next spring. I know the yellow Lantana is
hardy here if planted on the south side and has all summer to send roots deep.
Citrus tree with Apricot queen Salvia/Sage in same pot.

This message was edited Oct 6, 2012 1:59 PM

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 6, 2012
12:06 PM

Post #9297575

Debra,sounds like whatever you have worked you over pretty good. Hope you
start improving soon. Eat your chicken soup to keep your strength up.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 6, 2012
1:19 PM

Post #9297618

Thanks Debra and Jackie. Hope you feel better soon Debra.

Jackie your Purple tie dye and no Mai are beautiful! I have that salvia color too, love it. I should get a lantana next year. My citrus tree has a few huge oranges, maybe be ready by late Nov.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 6, 2012
10:29 PM

Post #9298140

Thanks Helena. You would love the Lantana, very bright colors.

Thumbnail by patootie

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 6, 2012
10:49 PM

Post #9298149

I wandered outside to see what was left to worry about.. I have red, purple, pink, B& B salvias all blooming, even the white one is. can't wait to see who is still standing after a 29 degree night tonight. I used to have 6 different colors of lantanas.. now I am down to one..
they use the yellow lantanas in landscaping here, but they always leave them to freeze.. I think I might "rescue" a few yellows from a spot that will get neglected this year..( entrance easement island to a newer home development)
Drives me nuts to see the gal down the street leave her beautiful full coleus collections out in this cold every year.. she lets them go to seed and they come back true in each tub.. hmm, now there is a thought..
If that is Henka, then I am planting some, Helena and Jackie, cuz the blue and water color streaking and fading, is worth a try to me.
I love the Purple tye dye and no mai also. very electric colors! Look like they are neon lighted blooms..
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 7, 2012
8:22 AM

Post #9298398

Pretty bloom Jackie. It is very breezy here this late morning but I still have some nice blooms. I also see the hummers at the flowers and feeder. I left most of my mgs outside but might bring them in tonight.

I'm not sure if it's Henka but I'll be planting some from both seeds.

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

October 7, 2012
10:43 AM

Post #9298565

Pretty blooms everyone!
Debra I hope you are feeling better.

Lousy weather here today, only in the fifties and rainy. No frost forecast yet for awhile so I'm still good. I already was able to collect a few seeds, hoping to get more from the nicer ones. I'm sure I'll be cutting vines soon enough. I muss summer already :-(

Still a few left and the purps are going strong.

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes   Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes   Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes      

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 7, 2012
11:26 AM

Post #9298604

loverly blooms Helena and Ronnie!
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 7, 2012
12:50 PM

Post #9298680

Debra, you're in a colder zone than I am. I wonder if a thick mulch would protect the Lantana there?
Course theres nothing you can do if the neighbors don't care about protecting it. I have a
neighbor that grows Brugs in the ground here. So anything is possible.
Love your blooms Helena and Ronnie, I only had a few this morning and no pretty blooms.
They all looked like they had been out in the cold.

Remembering back to July, Ronnies pretty Jap Asago
And this pretty white mutant DFNM on same day, no sds produced on this, pod aborted
Little Miss Piggy

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 7, 2012
1:12 PM

Post #9298707

awwww... love that DFNM have no clue where mine went.. barely found any pods today while mosing around watching DH dig up and chop up the sunflowers.Sister says everyone in Rogers leaves thier bananas and EEs and lantanas in the ground. I know I can't I have already tried. boo hooo!
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 7, 2012
1:13 PM

Post #9298709

Thanks gals!

Love your purpureas Ronnie, they are beautiful. I have to grow more of them next year.

Beautiful blooms too Jackie. I'm kind of selecting what I'm thinking of growing next year. I'll have to get more of the vines into the ground though and really have a wild garden.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 7, 2012
1:54 PM

Post #9298757

Helena, I never did get my fence line cleaned up. I wanted to but theres 100's of pots littered there.
I hope to still get it done in the spring, would take a big workload off of me planting mg's in the ground.
No repotting ,just a little water now and then. >-)

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 7, 2012
6:05 PM

Post #9298996

the only thing with lining the fence in mgs... it is very hard to tell who is what ! LOL

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 7, 2012
10:03 PM

Post #9299162

LOL Debra, so true. A wonderful problem to have. :-)
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 8, 2012
7:05 AM

Post #9299385

Got my mgs in gh last night, I think they are happier than the cool windy weather outside. They are not going to like the cold at all.

#1 is Fuji no Mono, didn't expect it to be so dark pink. I missed the first 2 blooms.
#2 is mauve star-splash & ?
#3 is 2 vines of pink blzd & stripes
34 El Cielo Blue salvia

Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 8, 2012
12:09 PM

Post #9299720

Helena, love your dark form of no Momo. Pretty Mauve Splash and the two pinks that look a lot
like Pink Dye.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 8, 2012
12:40 PM

Post #9299741

gorgeous, Helena. Esp the fuji no mono...bet they are glad you love them so much to move them!

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

October 8, 2012
5:05 PM

Post #9299988

Love the Fuji no Monet Helena! All mine were pinkish/purple this year. Strange since the last two years they stayed true to the original bluish color...last pic is my original one...

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes   Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes   Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes   Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes   Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 8, 2012
10:19 PM

Post #9300268

well! now I know what all mine were LOL.. Ronnie those are gorgeous!

gee, wish I had saved some seeds, but the perfect one from last year didn't set any.
MG tree still going strong out side..
wild mgs still blooming..
last blue silk bloom of the year..
bloom from last year
another bloom from last year.

Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 8, 2012
10:34 PM

Post #9300277

Those are beautiful Ronnie Love the last 2, the wine colored one and the original color

Love your Tree MG and the
Blue Silk Debra. Great blooms from last yr.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 9, 2012
11:54 AM

Post #9300692

A shot of everything crammed back into the green house
Off to my Drs appt.

Thumbnail by patootie

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 9, 2012
12:35 PM

Post #9300726

Thanks Jackie, Debra and Ronnie. Ronnie thanks for the ID, I'll put a tag on those.

Love all your blooms Ronnie, very gorgeous.

Love all your gorgous blooms too Debra.

Your plants in the green house look very nice Jackie.

I only had repeat blooms so will not post but just enjoy yours.

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

October 9, 2012
4:54 PM

Post #9300953

Debra I love this one!! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=9300268&extraimg=2

OH Jackie I would love to have a greenhouse!! The plants look so happy!
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 9, 2012
9:32 PM

Post #9301197

Ronnie, You would just love a greenhouse. No end to what you can grow with a ghouse to
protect your plants. I know Helena is enjoying hers. :-)

Plum Purple Velvet

This message was edited Oct 10, 2012 12:16 AM

Thumbnail by patootie

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 10, 2012
7:15 AM

Post #9301399

Beautiful bloom Jackie. You are right, I have my green house but don't have as good a set up like you.

Here's what bloomed today. Took them out of gh for some sun.

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

October 10, 2012
8:57 AM

Post #9301504

Jackie I like the plum purple velvet!

Helena the flowers in your first pic are great!
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 10, 2012
12:16 PM

Post #9301629

Thanks Helena and Ronnie,

I love your pics in the 1st pic too Helena. The Mauve Star and that Pink w/stripes reminds me
of Tie Dye even if its not. Anything that looks remotely like Pink Tie Dye punches all my buttons. :-)
I like the rest of your blooms too. The colors are really pretty. Beautiful Choc Silk

Oops, going to be late to my eye Dr appt
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 10, 2012
1:45 PM

Post #9301690

Thanks Ronnie and Jackie.

Hope your eye dr appt went ok Jackie.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 10, 2012
9:05 PM

Post #9302064

Helena, My eyes have really gotten worse. Eye Dr said it happens, just a part of aging.
I'll have my new glasses in under a week. So excited at the thought of being able to see again

Saz

Pretty Pink Asago

Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie         

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 10, 2012
11:24 PM

Post #9302107

oh you guys are so lucky to have all those beautiful blooms!
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 11, 2012
1:11 PM

Post #9302526

Debra, just a few opening now. Once in a while I'll find one with 5 blooms open. No wonder, look how late mine started to bloom this yr, late Aug for some of them.
This was beautiful this yr, pretty lvs too b4 the whiteflies found it

Purple no Mai still blooming off and on but no purple blooms lately
Pink Tie Dye
My new Red Aglaonema, found it yesterday at the N Little Rock Wal Mart

This message was edited Oct 11, 2012 7:54 PM

Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 11, 2012
1:54 PM

Post #9302544

Jackie, beautiful blooms. Glad all went well at the eye dr.

I really love your gorgeous pink blooms. Great colors.

This message was edited Oct 11, 2012 2:57 PM

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 11, 2012
10:27 PM

Post #9302863

we are unassembling the arbors and gardens this weekend, I am hoping to grab some pods from the no mais and speckles and blizzards, I have two fat pods from the blue silk hooray!
love the pink tyedye.. never heard of an Aglaonema... gee thanks, now i want one LOL my ZZ plant is going nuts, it is about to break out of it's pot. so much to do!
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 11, 2012
10:53 PM

Post #9302867

Thanks Debra. Hope you gather lots of sds. My sd gathering is picking up finally.
The Red Aglaonema was too pretty to pass up.:-)
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 12, 2012
7:31 AM

Post #9303051

Only a few this morning. I have a dozen vines I took out of gh for real sunshine.

This message was edited Oct 12, 2012 8:32 AM

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 12, 2012
8:23 AM

Post #9303093

Helena, the blue is beautiful! I love your trio combo as well. The rose is to die for!
it finally rained here.. YAY! my rain barrels are ready to empty into the watering cans I am sooo happy, I will be playing in the dark after work today..

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

October 12, 2012
8:31 AM

Post #9303101

I agree Debra, Helena's blue is a nice one!
I've been gather seeds as well and have lots of fat pods. I think I will just cut the vines this year and bring them in rather than drag all the pots to the shed.

This one was a pleasant surprise for me came out of some seeds that were supposed to be white. I don't think I mixed anything up since I never had a white Nil or didn't buy or trade for anything this color. It was very generous with flowers and lots of seed pods. Cutting it first!

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes   Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes   Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes      

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 12, 2012
9:28 AM

Post #9303134

oh ronnie! that is gorgeous. save a couple seeds for me?
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 12, 2012
12:31 PM

Post #9303278

Helena, beautiful icy blue, I love it. Beautiful trio of colors this morning. Each one a beauty in its own right.
Your Roses are all special too. Wish I could grow them.

Your Purple is lovely Ronnie. Love surprises

I am so happy, I found a few sd pods on Blushing Bride and the no Sora Cross not. The no Sora cross not
blooms were huge, twice as big as the orig no Sora blooms. So I plan on growing a couple of those next yr. Also, I might turn up the missing cross
bloom. I've never been able to get the cross to show backup. :-(

A pretty Lav LYK
A 5 inch no Sora cross not
Plum Purple Velvet a favorite this yr for the color.

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 12, 2012
4:14 PM

Post #9303442

Thanks ladies. Glad you got some good rain Debra. I collect rain water too, helps a lot. Might be better for the plants too.

Ronnie your purples are gorgeous.

Jackie, glad you got some seeds from BB and no Sora cross not. I have enjoyed seeing your pretty blooms.

Look at my naval oranges, looking forward to when they get ripe.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 12, 2012
4:24 PM

Post #9303458

Thanks Helena. Your oranges look huge!!!

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

October 12, 2012
6:07 PM

Post #9303540

Debra I will surely save you some seeds from my surprise if the frost doesn't get them first.

Jackie I love the "no Sora cross not" such a nice blue!

Helena wowser on the oranges...so cool to be able to grow them!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 12, 2012
10:26 PM

Post #9303684

luvsgrtdanes wrote:Debra I will surely save you some seeds from my surprise if the frost doesn't get them first.

Jackie I love the "no Sora cross not" such a nice blue!

Helena wowser on the oranges...so cool to be able to grow them!

I agree with Ronnie.. wowzer on the oranges! yummy! and here I am all beaming from gathering 6 huge poblano peppers.. LOL
seriously, I think all the bloms you all have posted have been amazing.
More rain tommorrow with tornadoe warnings Isn't this just the weirdest weather?
just came in from pulling some of the lav moon vine seeds ... found two more summer squashes growing,, gee I have to pull it all out this weekend..

bluespiral

bluespiral

(Zone 7a)

October 13, 2012
3:09 AM

Post #9303731

Jackie, I too have been having pots-scattered-about-the-garden issues, maybe more scattered than you? Anyhoo, I have always washed & recycled my pots, but after almost 40 years of things progressively getting out of hand, I'm sorry to say that the quickest thing to do was to bag many of them up & have them hauled off with our collapsing shed. With pain from my scoliosis, time is a completely new dimension - much shorter and more scarce.

Anyhoo, if I could go back in time, I wonder how this garden art made from your pots would do along your fence line - http://www.kidsgardening.org/node/69278 - maybe these pot people could be spray painted? What a great public service this could be for convicted graffiti artists - just go around gardeners' yards & gussy up their pot people :) Your morning glories could grow all over them in summer, and then when frost takes the vines, out would emerge the pot people.

From a 2007 sowing of Ipomoea hederifolia v lutea, a vine volunteered in our garden this summer, along with a white Ipomoea quamoclit and I. purpurea Kniola's Black on arbors out back, so all was not lost in the morning glory department this year, plus Kokorota's I. albivenia from her seed will go into its 4th winter indoors here - no flowers yet, though. Due to the generosity of folks on this forum, I have wonderful seeds to sow next year and hope to have better pics to share then.

Have enjoyed everyone's pics so much. Thank you all.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 13, 2012
9:07 AM

Post #9303916

Thanks everyone, yes my oranges are huge. My neighbor volunteered to cut 2 branches a couple of weeks ago so his orange tree and mine could get more sun.

I've enjoyed everyones pictures too.

Looking forward to next years sowing from you guys too. My mgs are still going to be blooming for awhile and if it's not too much repeats I'll keep posting.

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 13, 2012
2:31 PM

Post #9304123

Thanks everyone. I too have enjoyed all the beautiful blooms posted to our forum.
it was awesome and thanks to all
the members who shared.

Karen, did not realize you suffered with scoliosis, so does my daughter.
I love the pot people since the 1st time I saw them several yrs ago. I probably won't ever get those made.

So happy you have new vines blooming Helena. Your blooms are all gorgeous.
Love the speckled and the gorgeous blue and white. The pink, Henka type and Choc silk are lovely too.
We won;t get tired of them.

No Mai, just when I think this one is all bloomed out
No Sora cross not.
Diff colors on this Pink Tie Dye
Pink George Strait

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 13, 2012
3:32 PM

Post #9304156

Thanks Jackie. Your gorgeous mgs look happy to be in your gh.

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

October 13, 2012
6:38 PM

Post #9304320

Looking good guys!
Karen I hope you are doing well ♥

I pulled just about all the vines I could today and got them inside in cups of water. Some still had a few blooms so I brought them in pot and all and am hoping for a few more flowers. Right now there are cups all over my window sill and pots in my little sun room off the kitchen. (have to remember to keep the gates up so the puppy doesn't get them) They will probably go in the cellar under lights unless I decide to run a small space heater out there. Not sure if it would be cost efficient or not come Jan. and Feb. I might ask my husband to cover the windows with plastic it may help.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 14, 2012
5:35 AM

Post #9304571

Karen, I hope you are doing well too.

First bloom was tagged as blue velvet but it's definitely purple from a few years back.

The other 2 pics are repeat blooms, hoping for crossing by bees.

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 14, 2012
11:59 AM

Post #9304839

Thanks Helena.
Ronnie, The plastic helps. I line my g house with it, inside and out. Helps
conserve energy. I use a gas heater too as I don't want to risk losing all my plants.

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Purps
Corkscrew/snail vine, still hoping for a few sds
Blushing Bride lovely flowers, ugly foliage thanks to the whiteflies.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 14, 2012
10:29 PM

Post #9305511

ood to hear from you, Karen!
really great blooms everyone!
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 15, 2012
6:42 AM

Post #9305688

Thanks ladies.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Really like the BB and your snail vine blooms.

I think I have several nice blooms today.

First pic is of 3 blooms with Aomurasaki blizzard.
Pink & pink
Tagged as blue velvet
Henka- blizzard
Blue velvet & Henka-blizzard together.

This message was edited Oct 15, 2012 7:43 AM

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 15, 2012
12:10 PM

Post #9306125

Thanks Helena. Your blooms are all gorgeous. Look how much your Blue Henka looks like
my Blue Marble not. Not saying they're the same but looks like they might share common genes
Do you think so too or is it my vivid imagination?
Your lovely Blue Velvet looks a lot like Hatsu Arashi
I need to enlarge your pic again but if I do, will delete all my post that I've typed so far. Wish that could be changed
Pink Tie Dye
And another Pink Tie Dye :-)

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 15, 2012
2:11 PM

Post #9306268

Thanks Jackie. I thought so too that it could be Hatsu Arashi, it's just that it was from a baggie from years ago with that name on it.
It's really dark blue though.

I love your 2nd pink tie dye! It has gorgeous colors.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 15, 2012
3:00 PM

Post #9306314

Thanks Helena.

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

October 15, 2012
3:34 PM

Post #9306339

I agree Helena your blue one does look a lot like Hatsu Arashi.
Jackie really liking your second pink tie dye, would love a few seeds!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 15, 2012
9:12 PM

Post #9306652

I LOVE those blues..
gathered two seed pods from Jackies pink no mai and I am glad I grew them out..
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 15, 2012
10:03 PM

Post #9306665

Ronnie, I have not marked any of the Tie Dye Pink blooms. I will still be happy to send you a good
mixture from that pretty vine. I bet any of the sds have the capability of making that bloom, in the genes and
all that. :-)
Let me know if you want any new no Mai sds Debra.I see my Tai aki is making quite a few pods
and my Shishi botan too.
Here is one of my blooms from today Ronnie,.Its very close to the bloom you like. I did not get to hand pollinate so
don't know if it will make a pod. I'll mark this one and watch for a sd pod.

Thumbnail by patootie

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 16, 2012
4:31 AM

Post #9306744

Beautiful bloom Jackie. What I like about it is the light pink with the dark pink stripes.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 16, 2012
7:22 AM

Post #9306891

I have a few more blooms this morning.

Blue silk. White with light blue edges, is that the correct name for it?

A Chocolate with a tiny bit of specks.

A funny tiny blue bloom with reverse tube. Most vines stayed outside overnight this cool morning.

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 16, 2012
11:56 AM

Post #9307149

Beautiful blooms Helena. That could be Blue Silk, it throws several different blooms. That soft color is very pretty. Love the specks in your Choc Silk and that tiny blue bloom reminds me of the little unknown blue I had blooming with no id.
Blushing Bride
Plum Purple Velvet a different look with that wide swatch of darker pink
Lav Saz
At least 2 diff Pink Tie Dye blooms everyday. I was so disappointed in this vine at first, now just look at it. I had to wait until it hit full stride to see all the pretty blooms it was hiding within.

Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

October 16, 2012
1:28 PM

Post #9307254

Thanks Jackie! Love the pink TD. Your blushing bride i pretty too, I have a volunteer that looks just like that!

Helena your blue could most definitly be 'blue silk' very pretty.
Arlan had a blue like yours he shared with me a few years ago, I grew it this year and all were reverse tube!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 16, 2012
9:01 PM

Post #9307598

beautiful blooms Helena and Jackie, and I would love any seeds ya all send me, I promise to tag them and grow them separately next year. I have some purps blooming , that is about it. Jaimie lynn, shibori, and about four others.
that reverse tube is sooo cute!

love that pink white and dark pink, too.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 17, 2012
8:04 AM

Post #9307896

Thanks Jackie, Ronnie and Debra.

Love your pretty blooms Jackie. I like the saying and go by "Good things come to those that wait". I really enjoyed all your blooms and everybodies elses too this year.

Blue bloom and pink porcelain.

I like this lavender chiffon, looks darker than before.

Pink with white blzd.

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 17, 2012
11:48 AM

Post #9308061

Thanks everyone.
Helena, gorgeous blooms. The Lav Chiffon is fantastic. Mine was darker at times too (when last I grew it)
It might have been the'cooler temps that caused it.
A nice Pink Hige
Pink silk decided to put in an appearance
These are consistently the prettiest Purple Tie dye blooms.

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

October 17, 2012
1:23 PM

Post #9308135

Pretty pink silk!
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 17, 2012
3:54 PM

Post #9308234

Thanks Jackie.

I agree with Ronnie, your pink silk is really pretty. So is your hige and purple tie dye.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 17, 2012
9:46 PM

Post #9308548

Thanks Ronnie and Helena

Milky Way.

Sunrise Mixed from tub out back, throwing one more bloom

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 17, 2012
10:35 PM

Post #9308562

the lav chiffon is gorgeous , the pink silk very delicate looking and the blue with PP is exceptional.
love them all!
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 18, 2012
9:36 AM

Post #9308881

Thanks Debra.

Pretty milky way and sunrise bloom Jackie. It rained here this morning and still having light showers. I was too busy running errands and dr. appt. for my grandson that I didn't even have time to look inside gh until now. Blooms outside got damaged from the rain and only one not so great bloom inside.
We did need the rain though so that good.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 18, 2012
10:07 AM

Post #9308907

Thanks Debra and Helena. I took a few but have another Dr appt at 2pm so will look for pics later.
Hope this is the end of Dr appts for a while, no fun at all. :-)

To the new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1285115

This message was edited Oct 18, 2012 12:17 PM

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Morning Glories Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wild Morning Glory. poppysue 12 Feb 9, 2012 10:32 PM
Help! Teens making MG tea. ? getting high! help mingsmimi 5 Jul 18, 2009 4:33 PM
Now ain't that purdy?! (Morning Glory pic) Seedsower 48 Mar 9, 2007 10:29 AM
Ipomoea Seeds 101 QueenB 27 Nov 19, 2008 1:03 PM
Wild Potato Vine - Need help with pollenation KevinTernes 22 Aug 22, 2007 10:39 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America