Trouble in the Hen House!

BROOKFIELD, Australia

Started with a $2 pot from the local recycling centre and added broken plates which were mostly obtained from them also. It has cleaned up a very unloved pot and saved local landfill!

Thumbnail by biddy52
Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

That is too cute! Did you cover it all the way around? Or just on the front? How heavy did it turn out?

We had a 2nd hand store and would save all the cracked or broken plates for a couple. I never saw their work but they used the pieces for something similar. If they needed a special pattern or color, they were not above breaking a plate or too. LOL

What are you going to plant in it... Hen & chicks?

BROOKFIELD, Australia

Quote from podster :
That is too cute! Did you cover it all the way around? Or just on the front? How heavy did it turn out?

We had a 2nd hand store and would save all the cracked or broken plates for a couple. I never saw their work but they used the pieces for something similar. If they needed a special pattern or color, they were not above breaking a plate or too. LOL

What are you going to plant in it... Hen & chicks?

It is a heavy pot to start with. It is tiled all the way around, still finishing the grout on the three sides! Love that! Hen and Chicks! No, I am toying with Greek Basil at the moment, but that could change! Sadly, we are only renting at the moment so all my plants are in pots, even the herbs! It is amazing how you can clean up an old or cracked pot with mosaics and it looks a million dollars! Thank you for your comments!

Well, I love the caricature look of the chicken on your container.

I also like to grow most plants in containers as our soil is not very accomodating toward plants.

Hope you will post a photo of it when totally grouted and planted. I admire that talent. Kristi

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Love that!

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

wonderful job of refurbishing!

Jan

BROOKFIELD, Australia

Quote from meadowyck :
wonderful job of refurbishing!

Jan

Thank you to all - if you go to thread "TROUBLE IN THE HEN HOUSE" - the photo's show the sides of the pot - very abstract - I have just completed another pot - friend for the Rooster - a chicken! Hope you like them!

Hoping you will post more photos of your new one?

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Thats a work of art! That Rooster was well placed. Recycled perfection.

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

I hope I can do half as good when I start doing mosaic work. I just keep gathering supplies and not doing any actual work.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images