SOLVED: tiny leaves, crawling on floor.. native germany (i think)

Neuss, Germany

sorry for lousy photo. taken with handphone.

this is native i think of Germany, it grows just beneath my other plant. only one of it in my whole garden. tiny leaves, crawling on ground.. looks like succulent..

no other info i can provide..

if anybody know it. pls id for me.
thanks.

Thumbnail by andrew_yek Thumbnail by andrew_yek Thumbnail by andrew_yek Thumbnail by andrew_yek
San Francisco, CA

Looks more like Pilea microphylla to my eyes. I don't think it will make it through a German winter. Herniaria leaves are actually opposite, for the most part.

Big Pine Key, FL(Zone 11)

Ditto Pilea microphylla
Scott

Neuss, Germany

yup. vestia and olddude are right. Pilea microphylla is more alike. thanks guys. u guys are superb. i won't even able to think how u guys knows the name anyway. haha.

Bretten, Germany

Quote from Vestia :
Looks more like Pilea microphylla to my eyes. I don't think it will make it through a German winter. Herniaria leaves are actually opposite, for the most part.

Andrew, did you plant it in the ground? The Bryophyllum on the right side will not survive there, too

Neuss, Germany

i didn't plant it. it grows up beside the plant that i brought from tw by itself.

what do you meant by The Bryophyllum on the right side will not survive there ? are you saying they won't survive winter ?
then i have dig them up to pass winter then. wonder how big is their root bulb.

Bretten, Germany

The plants on the right side of the photo looks to be succulent, Bryophyllum. They don't withstand cold nor frost. And there are normal roots, no bulbs.

BTW, many small plantlets grow on the edge of the leaves?

Neuss, Germany

what do you mean Suse ? that's just a plant with tiny leaves.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

the Bryophyllum - will grow tiny plantlets at the leaf notches.

Neuss, Germany

ya, i did planted it.
i will need to bring one to plant indoor to over winter.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.