Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Poison Ivy: Identification, Treatment, and Removal: Avocado

Communities > Forums > Article: Poison Ivy: Identification, Treatment, and Removal
bookmark
Forum: Article: Poison Ivy: Identification, Treatment, and RemovalReplies: 1, Views: 20
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
amygirl
Miami, FL

October 1, 2012
3:10 AM

Post #9291735

In your article you mentioned that Avocado was in the same family as poison ivy. This is not correct. Persea (Avocado) is in the Lauraceae. Poison Ivy, mangoes, etc are in the Anacardiaceae.

Bookerc1

Bookerc1
Mackinaw, IL
(Zone 5a)

October 1, 2012
6:46 PM

Post #9292957

Thank you. One of my sources listed it as in the same plant family, and I should have confirmed that it was true before including it in the article. Glad you caught that!

This message was edited Oct 1, 2012 9:50 PM

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Poison Ivy: Identification, Treatment, and Removal Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
My Horrible Posion Ivy Experience KittyWittyKat 5 Oct 1, 2012 8:39 PM
Very Interesting Article gardengirl86 4 Oct 4, 2012 1:58 PM
Poison ivy violetdundas 3 Oct 11, 2014 1:56 PM
urushiol - a plant defense? lblock 3 Oct 10, 2014 9:53 AM
Poison Oak the_naturalist 1 Oct 1, 2012 7:10 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America