Fall is Here and so are The Colors of North!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Oct. is one of the prettiest months in New England, colors of every hue grace the land. The crisp fresh air, wafts of hay, apples and pumpkins fill your nostrils as the countryside changes colors on a daily basis. It's an artist's dream. ^_^

Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

This is one of my favorite fields....I would like nothing better than to take a horse across it. The view in the background isn't half bad either. ^_^

Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Gorgeous Celeste! Someday I'll visit!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks Ronnie, tomorrow i'm going into the mountains for a Country Fair and hope to get some nice shots. If they have helicopter rides again, I may get brave and go up with my camera. The last time I was there they had them but I didn't have my camera with me......this time i'm going prepared!! ^_^

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

That sounds like fun, I would do a helicopter ride for sure!

Thomaston, CT

Great photos, Pixie.....Maine is just a beautiful state! Here is what's left of my maple...colors are pretty this year!

Thumbnail by ROBINDOG
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

WOW Pixie.It seems early but we are going gold here. I'll post some later.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

These were taken yesterday

Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

a few more

Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Wonderful images. Celest.
Mine are just single trees.Its foggy and damp here

Thumbnail by ge1836 Thumbnail by ge1836 Thumbnail by ge1836 Thumbnail by ge1836 Thumbnail by ge1836
Thomaston, CT

Foggy here, too! Great photos! Love the reflections, Pixie....Jo, I see your deck plants still look great....

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks Ladies -
I like to lurk in the Northeast forum because I am still a brooklyn girl at heart! I was so hoping to see some fall colors posted this year and here they are!! Very appreciated. keep em coming. no matter how I try and no matter how great my photos come out --- still can't capture the awesome-ness of what my eyes see in the autumn.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

so pretty!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Not much hear yet, some of my mums are starting to pop though.

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes
Thomaston, CT

Pretty color on the mums....

Beautiful! Just need a pumpkin.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks, karen, for keeping the color coming through your photos.

It's only starting to change colors around here.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Nice Karen, it should be hitting your area's soon. We are holding onto to peak in Southern Maine still, 63 today helps as long as the wind doesn't blow. :)

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Those above and these are from my back-forty

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Across the street down the camp road.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Down by the lake, the entire road is covered in pine needles.

Thomaston, CT

Really pretty....there are some trees here that look nice, but most are dull.....

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

color on Viburnum Winterthur and taking some pics while driving

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen

wow.

I have maybe another week or two to go.

Thanks!

Thomaston, CT

Very pretty color on the Winterthur.....

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

nice pictures jen - we've been away and found these when we got back.

first two are of Attaryi JM, the others are Ichigyoji and O sakazuki

Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

viridis in the front yard with best color it has ever had, kousa gold star and jm berma bridge

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

viridis from the back yard with same color, vitiafolium jm, small Enkianthus Perulatus, sensu jm, and elmwood jm

Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

first in noid jm grown from seed, redbud hazel, sango kaku looking good this year, and acontifolium

Thomaston, CT

Great color! None of my JMs have any color...the smallest noid has already dropped its leaves....

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Simply beautiful!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

we get mostly the yellows and orange. I miss red!

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

I love Fall

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Beautiful Jen, the orange is stunning!

Wow Bill, your yard must be breathtaking this time of year!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Gorgeous Jen!!!!!
Stunning as always Bill. :) Must of been nice coming home to all that beauty.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

took another drive

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

a few more

the orange in the 2nd pic really stands out

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I'm gonna post the non cropped of the happy barn cause you really can't see it in the one I posted

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Thomaston, CT

Nice area....not used to seeing such flat spaces!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.