Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Texas Ranger, Leucophyllum frutescens: Borderline?

Communities > Forums > Article: Texas Ranger, Leucophyllum frutescens
bookmark
Forum: Article: Texas Ranger, Leucophyllum frutescensReplies: 0, Views: 13
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jazzy1okc
Oklahoma City, OK

October 1, 2012
5:22 AM

Post #9291805

I so love the look of this plant and so wanted one in my mostly drought hardy landscape. However, I work with a base of red clay and, even with amendments and a slope, I guess Texas Ranger just could not take the heavy spring rains. I see this plant for sale every spring in the big box stores, but local nurseries that try to sell only plants that are reliably hardy here in Oklahoma City do not stock them. I would love whether anyone has been able to keep one of these beauties alive in this area and, if so, how. My lavender and rosemary look wonderful, so I'm disappointed that this lovely plant didn't do well for me the first time.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Texas Ranger, Leucophyllum frutescens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Amazing! adinamiti 1 Oct 1, 2012 8:12 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America