Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Garden Myths Busted: Organic, USDA Hardiness Map, and Plant Quality vs. Cost: All absolutely true!

Communities > Forums > Article: Garden Myths Busted: Organic, USDA Hardiness Map, and Plant Quality vs. Cost
bookmark
Forum: Article: Garden Myths Busted: Organic, USDA Hardiness Map, and Plant Quality vs. CostReplies: 0, Views: 21
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ElementalDomain
Landers, CA

October 1, 2012
10:14 AM

Post #9292229

As a veganic organic farmer I've been trying to educate people for years that with the advent of big corporations into organic farming now guarantees that organic produce bought at the market is more than likely not any healthier than non-organic. Each year these big corporations lobby and receive new additions of toxic chemicals approved for pesticide use. Plus, in the organic industry - is a rampant obsessiveness in using blood meal, bone meal, and feather meal as fertilizers. These products are processed from dead and diseased animals/poultry. Energy is energy - sterilizing it does not change the rate of vibration of that energy - so you are using a lesser vibration energy for fertilization.
I live, supposedly, in Zone 9B. In the high desert, at 3400'. Going by zone recommendations is a joke. I simply grow everything I want here, including citrus, avocado, blueberries - and fruit trees recommended for Zone 8. Common sense in placement is the issue. Blueberries for instance, go under 80% aluminet shade cloth.
Until all nurseries employ the Rootmaker systems of potting - I would not recommend buying anything that is potted. I myself, grow everything in the Rootmaker systems - trees, veggies, melons - the results are incredible. Not to mention you are using less water - in a smaller pot. A full grown semi-dwarf tree can stay in a 12 gallon Rootmaker pot for life.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Garden Myths Busted: Organic, USDA Hardiness Map, and Plant Quality vs. Cost Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Organic Foods greenhouse_gal 6 Nov 15, 2012 9:57 AM
nursery plants granitegneiss 3 Oct 24, 2012 12:25 PM
USDA Hardiness Map dshoemaker 3 Oct 1, 2012 9:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America