What's Happening in your neck of the woods?Chat with friends

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thought I'd moved us over...

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
(Susan) Calgary, AB(Zone 3b)

I'll have both Darlene and her sister in my prayers. This must be doubly hard for Darlene...........

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Quite the turn of events for Darlene and family. T & P with them.

Unbelievably not much happening here. Dogs off to the groomers in the morning (always a challenge).

Lorna's car got towed to the mechanics today, looks like the starter may be pooched .. not sure til it's looked at
NOT happy with CAA .. grrrrrrrrrrr

Just heard the 'S' word for this Friday ~~~~~~~ ugggggggggggggggggg

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Just spoke with Darlene, she is at her mom's..not sure yet if she will sleep there , all depends what Mae wants..Art had his regular doctor appointment today, asked Mae if she wanted to go not town with him, she didn't, he said he would pick up fish and chips for lunch..guess while talking to doctor he felt I'll, they rushed him to Midland hospital and within an hour he was in Barrie..at that time they told family the odds were against him surviving..you just don't know do you!

"M". Is it April Fools?? Surely not the "S" word. High for the weekend just under the 50 mark!

Aneurysms are quick .. you can have an abdominal or one in your heart, aortic, or, brain .. odds are almost always stacked against the patient, then there are some who LIVE with the aneurysm and are able to await scheduled surgery .. tricky either way .

Yes, the 'S' word slipped out during the weather forecast tonight .. high of 8C this weekend !!!!!

Off to watch an NCIS DVD ....

~M~

We have the "S" word for Tues & Wed.......... high of 5 on Wed...... brrrrrrrrr
BUT we'll likely have it all gone in short order

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Thinking of Darlene and sending hugs and prayers. She didn't need one more thing.

Aneurysms CAN be treated if caught early enough. My mother had one in the brain, had surgery and lived another 25 years. But the mortality rate is extremely high.

Busy week. Will be heading to Vancouver for 10 days and there are many things I should do first.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Enjoy your trip ViolaAnn..

Yes, the surgeon that came to talk to family told them what he had is hereditary (?) mind not working, cant spell worth a darn..that all members of the family should have tests at least once a year.

Darlene called me this morning, she hadn't slept all night.

Betty - I'm not surprised Darlene didn't sleep........her mind must be on "overtime". Poor lady............. I have her in my prayers.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Asking for prayers once again.

I was going over to Darlene's and visit with Mae (her mom) tonight. Ann was coming along with me.

Darlene just had someone call me to say that her mom had a fall and she is with her in the Midland Hospital..don't know how bad, caller said Darlene would call me when able.

Prayers please!

Thoughts and prayers from Thunder Bay ..

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Darlene just called..they've got her sedated and strapped, waiting for results..
Darlene is soo hoping that Mae scarred herself but Darlene is not so sure of that. If she has done something to herself they likely send her to Barrie or NewMarket..a waiting game now
Darlene is beside herself

Seals the deal, Mae cannot stay home alone.

oh Betty - poor Darlene - what a year she's having...... 2012 is not being good to her.
My prayers are with them both. Having Art die so suddenly must have been disorienting for Mae, so I'm not surprised she fell, actually.

ok - back from the Dr, and he says "no heart problems". He thinks it's just a pulled muscle or something, and I know it's not that (stabbing/shooting pains in my head, chest, arm and leg?). He's going to get me an appointment with a cardiologist because of my insistence. They will call me when they have a date/time.
I'm feeling fine now - a bit of pressure though I think it may be stress related.

Victoria Harbour, ON

likely is stress Susan..that tells you something doesn't it..

Glad you are pushing for further tests

gee - since when do I have stress?!?!? LOL LOL LOL

Victoria Harbour, ON

Evening all, forgive me if a short post.

Just got in, Darlene called to ask if I could pick her up at the hospital, she had gone in ambulance with her mom..did so, then went over to her mom's to lock the doors, make sure everything was off then we went to her house for a bit. She is totally exhausted.

Mae fractured her hip, needs an operation, Midland does not have surgeons so call is out, not sure if Barrie, Collingwood or Newmarket, surely they will find. A surgeon by morning.

Here's hoping everything runs smoothly for Darlene, and it's not a major hassle for her........... or her mom.

My goodness .. were I Darlene I would be frantic. A funeral to plan and a Mom who is now unwell .. never rains, but, it pours.
My best friend was 2 weeks from her due date with her second child when her Mom passed away. I remember standing at the graveside beside her , and hoping she wouldn't collapse .. as it was, she ended up giving birth to her son 3 days later.
I do so hope there is an orthopedic surgeon available to do the hip fix.

As always, a busy day, and, my BDay to boot .. would just like to sit and vegetate, maybe even grab another hours sleep, but, we are off to a physio appt for Lorna this morning ..

Susan .. sure hope you feel better sooner as opposed to later ..

Outta here

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

I'm just not with it..sorry "M", should have been singing Happy birthday to you as soon as my feet hit the ground. DG should have a system set up that the minute you log on, a list of birthdays comes up..

Do hope it's a great day for you!!!

(((((((((((Marilyn)))))))))) Happy Birthday!! Hope the physio for Lorna goes well, and that you and she have a wonderful celebration of your birthday!!!!!!!! What's on the menu?

Betty - I think we'd only want a list of those people we know, not the WHOLE of DG - that would be TOO much!! Can you imagine how many DG'ers in the world have birthdays every day?!?! Yikes!

Victoria Harbour, ON

they only list those that have bought memberships and if you look on the right hand column on the home page there usually is never more than 5 or 6..names under birthday corner are normally not posted till around the noon hour

Hi all ..

Thanks for the BDay wishes .. 29 AGAIN .. can ya beat that LoL

Have gotten several presents, and Chinese Food and a cake seem to be on the agenda .. going to take the dogs for a walk out back to do some leaf peeping.

Awesome weather here !!!

~M~

well, it stopped snowing here, and the sun is Thinking about peeking out........

It SNOWED there .. ya see that ... one Province utters the 'S' word, and, BOOM .. it flurries in and makes itself at home LoL
Ours is to arrive tomorrow, but, will be short lived ...
Right now it's about 18C .. I decided to bake some pies, seems i can't sit down long enough to just RELAX !!!..

Toodles

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Do not do you hear, do not send it my way...need to close in back verandah and put my pretties away!
light mist today, means I cannot test that machine I bought that vacuums and mulches..need to do it soon otherwise if it does not work as advertized I can bring it back and get $$$ back.

"M" do tell, what kind of pressies did you get???

Enjoy the day, it is special!

I have to admit Betty, when the forecaster said SNOW, I shuddered. December is way soon enough !!

Pressies .. well .. 2 beautiful boquets of Autumn coloued flowers ... some make up that I use from Estee Lauder, a new Waterpic tooth brush thingamee .. some car wash certificates and, of course, some Tim Horton's cards LoL .. oh .. and some leggings to wear around the house .. I USED to HATE leggings, but, have grown to like them .. won't go out in them though, strictly for home wear ^_^

Enjoying the day ..

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

nice pressies "M"
got to love birthdays..

have to look into the leggins

I've such a pain in the back of my neck, know its from stress of the week..if Darlene doesn't need me tonight I'll have hot bath, jammies and just relax..

ahem.......... not mentioning the "S" word.....
btw - Dr's office just called - they're scheduling me for a Lung Test.
He mentioned copd yesterday, and I told him I Do Not have it, and don't have the cough anymore. I Did Not come in for that - had chest pains. And told the secretary I came in due to thought of heart problems and that I've been known to have Anxiety attacks and maybe it was that. She'll call me back after speaking to the Dr................

Just a couple of BDay cake pics ..

:-)

~M~

PS .. the close up one looks as though I'm trying to THROW the cake at someone LoL .. just keeping it from Lilly and Piper ..

Thumbnail by MarilynneS Thumbnail by MarilynneS
Victoria Harbour, ON

Thanks for shafting "M". Mouth watering, could really enjoy piece to go along with my hot chocolate!

Again - Happy Birthday, Marilyn! You're looking terrific, lady! mmmmmm that cake looks good!

How did Lorna's app't go?

Betty - how are you feeling?

I spoke to my Dr's secretary, and she said he made an app't to have a Lung Test!! Geeze - didn't he even Listen to me? Once I went to him with bronchitis and his daughter (also a Dr in his office) sent me to the hospital via ambulance about my heart. Now I go to him and see about my heart and he wants me to have a lung test... I TOLD him that I don't have COPD as he asked yesterday, and that I'm under a lot of stress. Did he listen to me? Apparently not - he's going by a 2 year old visit I did re: bronchitis... idiot...
I think I'll source out another Dr.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Never hurts to be tested for all..process of elimination

I am exhausted so off to bed

I hope you have a good night's sleep, Betty.

I got a Lung Test a year ago - I Do Not have COPD, but I am stressed. I did not go to the Dr regarding a cough or anything like it. A year ago they also said I do not have a heart condition, but I know things can change. I'm going to get a different Dr. I went on the Alberta medical website and filled out a request for a new Dr. In the meantime, I'm searching on my own.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Happy birthday Marilynne. Is today the day? Same day as my sister and a friend in Ottawa. Was a good day, obviously.

DH's one remaining aunt passed away early this morning at 96. She was in Portland and we were planning a day trip by air on Sunday, but have cancelled it. Too early for a service as another cousin who was very close with this aunt is on vacation until Sunday. She was doing very well indeed until a year ago but was still pretty good at Christmas and even not too long ago, but she fell and broke her hip and I suspect the will was not there to keep on going.

Gotta go. Work to do if I'm going to find time in the garden tomorrow.

Your DH has my prayers re: his aunt. Sorry to hear it's his last remaining one. Does he have any other family?

My condolences ViAnn. At 96, a broken hip can very much 'break the spirit' as it greatly reduces mobility which also reduces independence.

Susan, good luck in your quest for a new doc. I can see why though, it really seems as though this fellow you have now is obsessed with your lungs/bronchitis.

Windy day today, MAY have a weather 'event' later on .. have heard reports of accumulations in the area north of Thunder Bay of 15cm of S N O W !!! I tend to disbelieve that ... and if I keep doing that, perhaps it won't happen ? PLEASE !!!
The wind will for sure 'do in' the Maples ... have included their last pic of the year as well as a pic of one of the Does that comes to visit a few times a day with her 3 'hooligans' LoL .. we don't feed them, but, she seems to like like to munch on the grasses and shrubs on the property ..

Have a great day everyone ^_^

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS Thumbnail by MarilynneS

brrrrrr it's -5c this am, with wind chill of -8c!!
Marilyn - I checked the site and it said I could get a new Dr through them for only 2 reasons - Dr. died/retired, or I don't have a Dr to begin with..... so it looks like I'm on my own and trying to find a Dr.

ViAnn - how's your Robert this am? I've been thinking about him - now that I've met him, and you of course, I feel closer to the two of you.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

My Robert is in Vladivostok!

Victoria Harbour, ON

My condolensces ViolaAnn..

Love the photo's "M"

of to check my weather

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.