October Blooms

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Fall provides some very unique and pretty blooms. What's blooming in your garden this month?

Drummond Aster

Autumn Joy Sedum is in full bloom now.

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Everblooming Texas Sage at Fielder house butterfly garden. This sage is amazing.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

So gorgeous, Josephine!

Thank you Stephanie.

Prosper, TX(Zone 8a)

My phaseolus caracalla decided to flip out some blooms.

Very interesting Michael.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

What very unique blooms!

Fulshear, TX(Zone 9b)

The Night Blooming Jasmine is not much to look at but the scent is intoxicating, all night and from a long distance.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Eastern Mistflower--fall blooming

The rain lilies are blooming since we had a nice rain a few days ago.

Not a bloom, but I hear the acorns dropping from the tree in our front yard. They drop on the roof, roll down the roof, then fall on my truck (or the ground). It's a bit scary when I pull in the driveway and hear one hit the roof of my truck!

There is a patch of pigeonberry in my backyard close to the shared fence with the neighbor. It's like a wasteland back there so I'm always surprised when this springs up and starts blooming.

Pigeonberry is so pretty, all lovely of course.

Arlington, TX

A nice combo of rock rose, scabiosa and blackfoot daisy. I believe that is a single four nerve daisy flower at the bottom.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Very nice, Cheryl! We missed you today.

Arlington, TX

Glad you all had good weather. Hope it was fun.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

It was chilly, but we did have a great time!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes we did, and it was nice to walk in the woods after feasting like I did. LOL!

Arlington, TX

Started my fall clean up early this year because I never got around to it last year! A little early to cut back still blooming plants but I have to do it while the spirit moves me and I have the time. Here is a little barbados cherry that Joe gave me last year. I forgot about it and left it out all winter but it survived and is covered with cheery pink blooms.

That is really neat Cheryl, was it out in the ground all winter? Mine is still potted and it is also blooming very pretty, the blooms have a very good scent.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Someone had one of these yesterday! I should've grabbed it!

Arlington, TX

It has been growing in ground since you gave it to me. I thought it was dead this spring but noticed a little green so I kept it and it is just fine.

Arlington, TX

Its not supposed to be winter hardy here. It was good luck it survived outside.

I can save one for you Stephanie, who had one yesterday?

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I don't remember. I'll do some research and see if I really *need* one! LOL

O.K. let me know.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I had a Cherry Laurel if that is the one you remembered...not the same tree. My barbados cherry hasn't bloomed..I am jealous. I had it out in the ground this winter but meant to bring it in...I will this year!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

That might be the one, but I don't need any more trees! Mark wants to enlarge the veggie garden and to do that, we either have to get rid of the shed (which I wouldn't mind) or the oak tree.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Sounds like Mark needs to work in a community garden or start one at a school if he needs more gardening space! LOL!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I'll recommend that! LOL Maybe I can hire him out and make some income, too!

Arlington, TX

These plants don't get watered more than a couple times a year. The zexmenia is so petite and full of flowers.

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

I have Rotheca bluebutterflies, my 10 ft goldenrod,strawberry fields, firespike and parthenia with two mexican petunias. My Experanza and all my lantanas are still in bloom and my brugmansias just started to bloom. My asters and chysanthemum are full of buds.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Is that a Heath Aster?

Rowlett, TX(Zone 8a)

Salvias are loving the cooler, wetter weather here.

Carla

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Pretty Carla. I think this is my favorite time of year to enjoy the blooms and butterflies.

Stephanie, there is no heath aster in my photos. fall comes a little later here so all I have on asters right now are buds. I'll post photos when they do bloom.

Carla, love those salvias. Mine are just cranking up. Sheila, the black and blue that you gave me lived this time and Ive seldom seen anything so pretty. I have them next to my zexmenia that I got from Cheryl and as soon as the Salvia puts on a few more blooms I'll post a photo. The fall aster you gave me is just loaded with buds. I can hardly wait. It will be my first time to grow an aster. The heath aster that Jo gave me is budding also.

You know, that is what is so special about the swaps, all those neat plants we take home remind us of generous people and bring us together through the years.

I have so many plants that i have received from friends that my place is full of good memories wherever i look.
Right now I have a gorgeous dwarf Barbados cherry in a large pot that is really amazing and the scent is beautiful too.
I can't remember who gave it to me, but it sure is great, I think it may have been LindaTx8.

I will post a picture later on.

Jo, I really love that about the swaps too. My garden is beautiful because of the plants I got at the RUs but in addition to that, I like remembering the person who gave it to me. My garden is that much more meaningful. By the way my caterpillar is still alive and growing!

Great! I hope it makes it, it will probably roll itself up on a leaf to pupate when it is ready.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I think the vast majority of the flowers in my beds have come from trades made at RUs. It really does make my garden so much more special.

The Willow Leaf asters (from Josephine) are beginning to bloom. I look forward to these every fall.

My red shrimp plant (from Smock) is the largest it's ever been this year and finally blooming like crazy.

The salvia greggii has really started blooming with the rain and the cooler temps. I don't remember who I got this from, but it's also a RU plant.

Arlington, TX

Random garden pics from today.

Very nice Cheryl, I am wondering what is the bright blue flower behind the Cowpen daisy.

Arlington, TX

Um do you mean the kiddie wading pool for my grandson?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.