Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: My Lucky Four-leaf Clover Patch: Lucky Four Leaf Clover Patch

Communities > Forums > Article: My Lucky Four-leaf Clover Patch
bookmark
Forum: Article: My Lucky Four-leaf Clover PatchReplies: 1, Views: 12
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
SingingWolf
Menifee, CA
(Zone 9a)

October 2, 2012
12:02 PM

Post #9293680

Hi Adina,
I was pleasantly surprised to find your article today. Once again you've given us a wonderful article.
I really like the photos of your son and grandson out in the clover patch. : - )
I do think that it's interesting that clover is/was a primary source of nectar for them honey bees in Europe. The region they live in determines what the bees go after for nectar. Out here it depends on what is blooming and then when one bloom ends the beekeepers move the bees to the next plant blooming, whereas in Europe most people keep their own bees in orchards/gardens for the whole year, and do not move them from location to location, following the bloom.
I found the history of how they became known as symbols of luck, quite interesting.
I was impressed too by your information on the growing conditions/patterns of the Clover. Really good stuff.
Keep up the good work, and continue to educate and entertain us, so we can see the world with wonder through your eyes.
Walk In Beauty~
SingingWolf

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 3, 2012
12:23 PM

Post #9294845

Jules, thank you for your kind words! I'm glad you liked my article. It was fun to write it! I know some beekeepers here in Romania who are also moving the bees from one place to another.

Adina

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: My Lucky Four-leaf Clover Patch Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Grew up with a Four Leaf Patch! LhasaLover 1 Oct 3, 2012 12:24 PM
Four Leaf Clover Patch gardengirl86 1 Oct 8, 2012 4:03 AM
Even More Leaves Possible the_naturalist 3 Oct 14, 2012 9:12 AM
Finding the elusive 4-leaf clover Lorra 1 Oct 10, 2012 11:45 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America