Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Jokes & Humor: 1st Pond with Critters

Communities > Forums > Jokes & Humor
bookmark
Forum: Jokes & HumorReplies: 4, Views: 87
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Spitzkopf
Nooksack, WA

October 2, 2012
10:28 PM

Post #9294327

Several years back DW & I put our 1st pond in. We picked a location in our garden near a large blue spruce tree. Luckily I missed all the major roots when digging. We placed the liner, stones and planted Periwinkle around it. DW bought some mini cat-tails, hardy water lily and a beautiful Louisiana Iris in pots for in the pond. Then we stood back to admire our labor and I commented as we went into the house to clean up "We should get a turtle for the pond".

The next day when we come out there is 2 turtles in our pond. Wow how cool is that! [quote] Field Of Dreams "Build it and they will come". [/quote] After a day or so DW ask what we should feed them. No knowing for sure I think Red Ears eat that canned stuff that is ground up dried worms or something, but these two were 6" to 8" so we needed substantially more. I suggested some fish. She comes back with the best scollops money can buy but the turtles turned up their nose at it (at least when we were watching).

To make a much longer story shorter; After about a week DW brings home a flier that was posted on a local power pole "Lost 2 red eared turtles". It appears our neighbor's pets had gone out for a night on the town and never returned. After the neighbor retrieved them DW bought a plastic one till the next adventure, international turtle smuggling...story to come.

This message was edited Oct 2, 2012 10:35 PM

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Jokes & Humor Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
been wanting to tell this for a long time! justmeLisa 9 May 31, 2007 4:33 PM
What's the strangest thing that happened to you. Georgiaredclay 24 Oct 13, 2008 12:17 PM
Bumper Stickers For Women!!! singleyellowros 7 Oct 23, 2009 3:38 PM
The Folks of DG mystic 83 Jan 17, 2008 11:22 PM
Old Weather sayings..... roadrunner 21 Sep 30, 2007 7:03 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America