Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Pets: How was your day? #361

Communities > Forums > Pets
bookmark
Forum: PetsReplies: 184, Views: 871
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 3, 2012
4:12 AM

Post #9294397

Welcome Please come join us for a friendly chat about all most everything under the sun

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1281616/

Thumbnail by wren107
Click the image for an enlarged view.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

October 3, 2012
4:39 AM

Post #9294414

Good Morning ...

Sandy - rest up.

Bonnie - hope you are feeling a lil bit better today.

I think today will be our last nice day... should be 75 and sunny. Temps crash to come... weekend, which is our last big weekend here, we do Halloween for the kids... expecting upper 40s and some rain... oh boy...

DH will go home tomorrow to get Buddy and Charlie... Alex was saying that Bud is home alone way long during hte days... Alex has school on Tues and Thurs where he's gone 12 hrs.

We put my car in storage yesterday, so I wont have wheels, but no big deal, i have some food and I have to work anyways.

Things are really winding down here which is good.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 3, 2012
5:28 AM

Post #9294445

Good Morning!

I bet Bud will be really happy to have both of you home Terese! Enjoy the day. It looks like we have another very wet day here.

Sandy - thank you for the new thread. I hope Andre stays feeling well and you get some rest.

BonnieB - I was trying to remember that test for fleas. I suspect we only have them on Scirocco but I will put some water bowls w/ a light on each to check various areas. Thanks for the tip

Bonnie - how are you feeling?

We have gotten 3" of rain in the last 24hrs and its foggy and drizzling now. Not a bad day to be inside working I suppose.

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 3, 2012
5:42 AM

Post #9294455

Good morning, it is a clear day but very chilly. It is grocery day for me, and I need to start getting ready to head out so that I can finish and get back home. Have several stops to make, so it will be a little more involved than an ordinary day.

Bonnie hope you are feeling lots better today.

Sandy, Poor Andrea, but poor you with him being sick and wanting to go out. Our furkids did fine during the night, but Casper let me know that he needed outside about 6:30. He is housebreaking himself. That is great.

Off and running.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 3, 2012
5:52 AM

Post #9294471

Morning! Have been busy. Monday went to Chiro right away. Then DH and I went to bank and picked up some groceries. Ate Arby's beef sandwiches on the way home. Put groceries away and headed outside.

Yesterday I headed outside and got some stuff planted and some dug up. The DS and DIL came oput and he finished his project and she did a bit of weeding. She liked my little weeding tool. Said if she had had that when living at home it would of made her weeding a lot easier! The back hill got hot so we headed in the house for a break. Then dug the rest of my potatoes and got a nice bucket full.

She made oven baked potato chunks and they were pretty good. I fried onions and hamburgers. Cooked some beans and added cottage cheese and there was supper. Plus we made a small snicker salad for a dessert item. They took home the few leftovers so all are gone.

Tam I will take some of that rain. I looked at the extended forecast are we really aren't suppose to get any. We are really dry and the dust flies when you drive across the yard. I have lost some plants due to the dryness and some are looking smaller. So don't know what will be left next year of some.

Bonnie hope you had a restful night. Glad all is going well.

Terese most of our color is gone. Seems like it left overnight. Will be good to have the furkids with you.

Sandy that is the problem with feeling better. You want to get up and do too much and look what happens, Just not fair.

Don't remember what else I read but I have to get going. Might try to get the plastic on the window today. Looked at the extended forecast and we are to be cooler and dry. The farmers are loving the dry right now as they can get their crops in lickety split!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 3, 2012
5:55 AM

Post #9294474

Crossed with you BonieB; Enjoy your day and good for Casper. Smart dog!

I guess I was repeating myself a bit up there. Oppps!

Deb sorry about the kids.

Hugs to whoever needs them.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 3, 2012
6:20 AM

Post #9294490

Morning,

You have all been so busy!

Bonnie, how are you feeling this morning, did the nurse help and you get sleep? Sure hope so. Remember the pillow to hold over your stomach
helps when walking.

Sandy, you better slow down woman! Cats were bad here...came down to toiletpaper torn up all over livingroom. What a mess.

Vicki & Terese, you two have been so busy. Send me some energy...mine is zapped.

To answer your question about step-sister...no idea what she wants. Opening a can of worms in my eyes. She had always been told by him that
she was not his daughter, that her mother had an affair. Well...she got brave and had a DNA test and she is 100% his daughter and she had to call
and tell him that Monday night. THEN she asked about me. He has NO daughter named Debbie. Bonnie had no daughter...doesn't know what she is talking about. Laurie gave him "what for" and he rattled of my married name, spelled it and where to find me. She has called me 3 times now.

Trying to get everything organized here and DD went right into her old pattern, no problem. She did however make her meatballs for us before she left for dinner
with her siblings. She makes them with grape jelly & chili sauce and it gives such a good flavor after simmering in the crockpot for hours.

Today is DH-s shindig at work. Of course it is outside under a huge tent...and supposed to rain. I am not a "mass" people person and have no desire, but have to go. They are celebrating a year at the new business and the head of the company from Rhode Island is throwing this for a big "thank you" and the Mayor and a few other big wigs are coming. I think I told you before, $25 a plate for the food, music, games, entertainment and who knows what else...all "free" for us all.

Going to go get breakfast and get moving. I have to leave here around 11:30ish. Sooner if I cant find a shirt and have to stop at JCPenny or Kohls.

Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 3, 2012
7:51 AM

Post #9294573

Andre seems to be fine today-he helped me eat and now is going to sleep
I went to the store but rode the cart around.
I am going to try to steam some shrimp in the microwave this evening. I found some microwaveable side dishes to go with them.

Going to take it easy the rest of the day

sandy and Andre

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 3, 2012
8:21 AM

Post #9294603

Well the front window has it's layer of plastic on it. Had to piece it together so hope it stays all winter. Got done just in time as the wind had started to pick up.

Deb I don't think I have any energy I just have to keep going to get all I want done. I hate when I have to do something like that. The shindig that is. But try to enjoy yourself with the people watching!

Off to separate some plants.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

October 3, 2012
8:32 AM

Post #9294612

Dull, gray day here but the temps are veru comfortable - mid 60*s.

Started a crockpot of Beef and Barley soup - of course I automatically put it in the largest crockpot we own. Thank good ness for the freezer.I really do need to get rid of some of my small appliances - I have 3 coffeemakers albeit with different sized carafes plus a coffeepot out on the counter,more than a few crockpots,finally cajoled someone into taking the second breadmaker. I am positive there are other surprises as I wade through the cupboard,

Wood pile near the side door is increasing nicewly. Funny how when you work slow and steady rather than mad dog it like we used to do how quickly the stack grows.

Diesel and Quill had a phone call last night. Tia who is Steve's and Pam's 11 year old daughter wanted to know if I wanted to go away this weekend cause she really wanted to 'babysit' the dogs. I chuckled to myself and then even harder when she asked "You won't ask anyone else to do it would you Dianne, I love those dogs?" When I asked T ia if she had her parents permission to offer this help she said yep, daddy is right here beside me do you want to talk to him.lol.lol

Sandy I ordered some benne wafers from that company and some lemon cookies that looked just too good. Hope they are here for the weekend.- said 2 day UPS delivery

Diesel'a walk time and boy does he know it. I usually walk him for his noon walk between 11 - 12. He starts getting antsy about 11:15 - has his leash in his mouth so best I get moving.

BBL
Dianne
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 3, 2012
10:50 AM

Post #9294758

Guess it was my turn to fall...I had just woken up and gone to the kitchen. I was putting the pistacheos into a container, and I spilled some on the floor. .thought to my myself..."I could step on one of those and fall" then I stepped away from the counter, and wham! stepped on a nut, and down I went. Phil had just left for work...I had to crawl to my chair in the living room and pull myself up..Just have a couple of bruises and a headache eventhough I know I didn't hit my head. I actually didn't fall completely I fell on my right knee. I am really sore, took a hot bath and used some body wash that is supposed to be for aches and pains. I was sleepy before the fall and did that wake me up! It could have been a lot worse. I should have done some cleaning while I was on the floor..if I had been able to reach cleaning stuff I would have. I need to hire someone to come in and do a thorough cleaning of this house..I just don't have the energy to do it.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 3, 2012
11:18 AM

Post #9294791

{{{{{{{{{{Melva}}}}}}}}}}} sorry that you fell. Hoping you did not hurt your self badly.
I so understand about the need to have some one come in and clean!!!!!!!!

Dianne I ordered most of the kinds of cookies they have do not know when mine will get here.

Sandy and Andre the brat
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 3, 2012
11:57 AM

Post #9294826

Thank you Sandy...
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

October 3, 2012
12:25 PM

Post #9294848

Oh Melva I am so sorry you feel. We all seem to be on a falling spree around here. Enough already!!!

Well I am sitting here in tears but with a big smile in my heart. While going through Warren's things I have found several item squirreled away but this one takes the cake. Warren had obviously gone Christmas shopping sometime in Jan or Feb as that is the last time he was out without me planted right beside him. In his Christmas box where he keeps presents as he buy them throughout the year were 3 bags. I didn't open the bags and won't until Christmas morning. What a guy!!!

Debbie hope you had a better day today.

Elsie can you recommend a site or a Beginner Crochet book for me to look at? I just need a quick refresher before I decide to break out the old crochet hook - its been at least 12 years since I made something.Of course I can't find any of my How To books!!!
Dianne

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 3, 2012
1:15 PM

Post #9294909

Dianne these might help you
http://learntocrochet.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/faq-search.cgi?store=/stores/eyarn&faqKey=110&V2=$V2
http://www.ask.com/web?q=how to crochet for beginners&qsrc=178&o=0&l=dir
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqhaQQajt0U

I broiled and steamed some shrimp. And burnt my finger. At least mom ate some of them and some Cheese and mac

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 3, 2012
2:57 PM

Post #9294999

I guess I should stay away from the kitchen tonight.

Melva, I hope you feel better.

Sandy, I hope the burn isn't too bad.

Dianne, if those links don't work out for you, let me know. How sweet about your presents.

Bonnie, how are you feeling? Your nurse has to do a better job of letting us know how you are.

Another dreary day here. I got to play with Teddy at work - and give him a cookie. He will not sit down for a cookie. He dances and sort of rolls over. I think his brain is racing through his tricks and can't do them all.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 3, 2012
3:48 PM

Post #9295044

Ah Dianne that is so sweet! What a nice man Warren was to think of you...
I am sore and gimping a long...not even many bruises which is a good (and unusual thing) before I fell I was thinking about having some ice cream...now I am thinking about throwing it away.
BBL

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 3, 2012
3:49 PM

Post #9295045

Elsie the burn is not bad, get a blister, I put in into water right away and it does not even hurt now.

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 3, 2012
4:52 PM

Post #9295093

I've had a crazy day with work and am happily eating dinner. I can tell things are not going to be calming down anytime soon at work.

Melva - sorry about your fall. Don't you hate it when you realize you should do something to prevent an injury but then it happens anyway? Got my fingers crossed its just a few bruises that will heal quickly.

Dianne - bittersweet I'm sure. I hope you are not planning on a "on my own" Christas as well! cluck cluck cluck... I think BonnieB gave you some really good advice about TG and trust you will think this through.

Loretta - no injuries in my household tonight so we're not all cursed today. Maybe you can brave the kitchen.

Sandy -glad it wasn't too bad of a burn!

~~ to everyone else. Have a great night.
Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 3, 2012
6:35 PM

Post #9295188

Gosh, I am peeping in the door, and I am afraid to come in. The falling stuff may be catching!

Melva, so sorry to hear about your fall. I am hoping that you didn't really hurt yourself, as sometimes it is the next day before you realize you have a serious injury. Whatever were you doing?

Sandy, you too on the burn, but saw that you had done the right thing and it is now just a memory.

Elsie, Teddy sounds so funny. Trying to do all of his tricks to get the cookie.

Tammy, so does that mean that you will be going back to CA soon? Gosh, wish that things would settle down and you could work from home all the time. Did you contact your kitchen designer about your brainstorm on the kitchen design?

Dianne, that is so sweet to think that Warren was thinking of next Christmas and had already bought gifts for you. How can you stand the suspense of waiting? It could well be something that he wanted you to have right away.

Bonnie hope that the nurse is doing his job well, but tell him to check in and let us know how everything is going.

Debbie, I would imagine from what you have said that the Step sister? is only just excited to know that you exist, and may just want to know you better. Don't just dismiss her because you have the same DF, or she is in the same family. Sometimes there is only one rotten apple in a barrel.

Well, got a call today, My surgery is back on. And I have already made plans for vacation etc. Guess I will go ahead and report on Friday for preop stuff and then on Tuesday for surgery. DH had already planned a trip out of town on Tuesday, so will just ask a friend to drive me. No big deal on that.

Busy day today, after getting home from grocery shopping, I ran a few local errands, then came home and cooked supper, showered and off to Bible Study. Tired but know that I will stay home tomorrow and get all caught up again.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 3, 2012
6:48 PM

Post #9295197

Bonnie B. I went to the store last night and bought a big bag of pistacheo nuts...this morning I was putting them into a container..some of them spilled and I stepped on one of the nuts...I don't think I did much damage..as soon as the debate is over I am going to take another hot bath..that should help.
this is the aches and pains body wash
http://www.thevillagecompany.com/therapyachesandpainsfoamingbathoil.html?panel=4
I put it on a wash cloth...in the water it makes the tub too slippery.
I like this one too.
http://www.amazon.com/Village-Naturals-Foaming-Restless-Nights/dp/B0024HGT0C
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 3, 2012
7:32 PM

Post #9295236

We ordered pizza...I gave the delivery man what I thought was the right amount plus a tip...the driver came back to the door...I had given him $80! If he had not come back to tell me!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 3, 2012
7:34 PM

Post #9295238

BonnieB, so so sorry you have to have the surgery after all. that just stinks!!!

The shin-dig at DH's work today was really nice. Good food, nice to visit with some of the people and quite a few retirees came back to visit. State Senator, Rochester Mayor and several other big wigs were there. We were there from 2:00 til about 5:15 and glad to come home and crash!!!

Melva, keep ice on that knee...and sit still for a bit. Hope it is just minor bruising.

Sandy, I hope you feel better also...burns hurt!!! Hope Andre is better also.

Bonnie, how are you doing today?

I need to read a bit...and de-chill. Have my head swimming in circles big time!!!

Debbie

This message was edited Oct 10, 2012 10:42 PM

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 3, 2012
7:34 PM

Post #9295239

Melva, that is an honest guy...good for him!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 3, 2012
7:39 PM

Post #9295244

He sure was an honest person. You should have tipped him a little more for that!
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 3, 2012
7:51 PM

Post #9295252

I should have but I was so flustered it didn't happen. I wish I had gotten his name. I am going to try to call tomorrow and offer him more...like $10?
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 3, 2012
7:53 PM

Post #9295255

We have a friend who is getting married this month. Phil wants to give them a gift certificate from Wal-mart...but I am thinking maybe from somewhere else, but where?

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

October 3, 2012
9:06 PM

Post #9295319

Hey gals. I have mostly been sleeping in my recliner for the last two days. Today I awoke three and a half hours after taking my pain meds. I was totally disoriented. Did not know if I had slept overnight or not. I looked around my surroundings for clues and determined that I had fallen asleep around 10:30 AM and it was then 2:00 PM. The green beans I set out to snap at 8:30 were still on the table next to me. My nurse was still snoozing between my legs. i did not need another pain pill until just a few minutes ago. I had a shower and shampoo this morning. All elimination functions are working properly. Progress is being made. Maybe tomorrow I can try to put on my compression garments for my legs and use the pump. Remembering how to do the ballet plie has proved to be very valuable. Now if I could only run away from home thing might improve. DM came over here this afternoon with her travel plans from now until the end of the year which were not open for discussion. Even a response of, "We'll see." brought her right to the brink of fighting mode...she informed me that she was going whether I was going or not. Then she told me she had asked a family member, (by marriage) to send her the names of nursing homes in her city - five hours away - that she wanted to go there because that family member would take care of her. She has heart!! This family member takes care of her MIL (DM's 95 yr old first cousin) . All the info is coming to DM. I don't have to do anything. DM is going to handle everything herself. Right. DM can no longer legally sign a check since the bank does not accept her new photo ID. AND DM is almost totally void of cash. I am scrambling to liquidate assets to raise cash!!!
Again I tried to keep my responses vague, which riled her. I asked her to please calm down. I did want to fight. I was sick. I needed to rest.

Friends, I am not equipped to deal with her at this juncture. On Saturday our maid came over to tell me DM had told her we were moving to FL. I to my condo and she to assisted living. She was calm and satisfied. That was news to me. Today, this new, ridiculous, plan...

It took me 12 hours, but I finally got my Green Beans New Orleans cooked today before they went bad in the fridge.

Thumbnail by greersfolly

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 4, 2012
3:25 AM

Post #9295415

Good morning everyone

{{{{{{{{{{{{{BONNIE}}}}}}}}}}}

Andre is fine but looking for more trouble to get into.

I have a blister but no pain-thankfully I had not let out the rinse water to stick my hand into.(was washing dishes and the sinks full to clean what is used)

Going this morning to have the last shot in my left knee and the second in my right one.

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 4, 2012
5:34 AM

Post #9295464

Good Morning!

Melva - I think just calling the pizza place with praises for the delivery guy would be good gesture. See if you can talk to the owner.

Bonnie - Glad your recuperation is progressing and that your nurse is so diligent. When I google New Orleans' style green beans, it looks like that would be garlic in with the green beans? What else? Is it corn? I think your response to your DM that you simply can not discuss this now is the right one. YOu are not in physical shape to have such conversations. Besides, even if you agree to everything she says, it will all be different in a few days so won't matter.

Sandy - I hope things go smoothly this morning.

Debbie - I remember you talking about these girls over the last number of years and nothing but bad news. You do not need any more negativity in your life So glad the big event was more enjoyable than anticipated. How nice it was during the work day too!

BonnieB - we did the soapy water dish under a light test in four places. Not one flea. We're going to try it in more areas tonight but feel more hopeful now.

Scirocco was in an amazing mood this morning, running around all over the bed, attacking all the mice under the folds of the covers. LOL I sure hope this means she's feeling better. I could not find any fleas but couldn't be thorough as she wanted to get the mice and not be still for me.

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 4, 2012
6:35 AM

Post #9295526

Tam that is good news. Sometimes when I find fleas on Mr. B my imagination runs away with me, and I envision us being overrun with the critters. Glad that Scirroco is much more active and has the mouse population in check, even if it is only in her imagination.

Bonnie, you did the right thing in not responding. Sort of like someone wanting to fight and you walking away. Probably made her more angry than if you had gotten riled up. Your beans look good, I will bring the corn bread and we can have a merry time eating. Glad your nurse is still on duty and not shirking it.

Sandy, hope the other shots will kick in and combine with the new ones so that you will soon be doing back flips and cartwheels. Yippee Skippy.

Melva I agree with Tammy, maybe a call to the owner of the pizza place telling them what an honest person the delivery guy was would earn him extra compensation at work, just on your testimony. I think he deserves something especially in this day and age.

Gonna try to finish the rest of my paper work, plus am doing a dog sitting job for my DBIL, who is having open heart surgery as we speak. I am praying that things go right by the book and he is a new creature when he recovers.

Need to get started.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 4, 2012
6:47 AM

Post #9295532

This is the news story on last night about DH's work. All the machines they show...are what DH fixes when they are broken and need maintenance.
Dave in the story is the guy that came out two years ago and helped us put a new roof on. Nice guy.

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story/Kodak-Spinoff-Marks-One-Year-Milestone/zOLOoXBy4kiTEZDV9-aKkA.cspx#.UG2RvRC19Io.facebook

This message was edited Oct 4, 2012 9:48 AM

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 4, 2012
6:54 AM

Post #9295538

I am back now to be quite for a bit.

BonnieB I do not think any cartwheels are in my future but just being able to walk would be great.

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 4, 2012
2:02 PM

Post #9295931

Hi all! I'm working second shift and time goes by like crazy! I've been gardening a lot in the veggie garden lately because I had to take care of the tomatoes. They are still growing and I wanted to have them in a good shape for as long as the good weather continues. Then I will pick all up and make pickled green tomatoes.
I also have a very good news to share with you : I just won 2 second places...and a few 4, 5 , 6 and other places at other categories...at the DG County Fair contest. The prize was a 6-month subscription for each 2nd place, sooo I have all next year covered! I couldn't be happier, especially now when my subscription was about to expire (on October 3rd) and the contest results were released on the 1st...whohoooo!!!! I was so relieved and happy and proud, all in one time!
I'm posting the link to the contest so you can see all the winners and runner-ups :

http://davesgarden.com/contest/daves-garden-county-fair-2012/

Waving to all! It's late and I need to go to bed.

Adina

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

October 4, 2012
2:50 PM

Post #9295969

Ya know if this wasn't so serious, it would be funny. I had to go over to mother's today to look for some papers in her files,. Monique drove over to pick me up. While there she mentioned that she was considering purchasing two new items; one being a new cell phone that "did more things" and something else she did not need. I said to her that those type of expenditures had to stop. She was running out of money. No more buying things she did not need until I got things settled down a bit. She said, "I can't buy food?" I explained what she should not be purchasing. That was three hours ago. Just now she called and said, "Let me get this straight, can I use my credit card to buy groceries? Can I buy food and go out to lunch?" I said yes, but she could not buy anything to wear or put in the house or yard. Oh Come Angel Band, Come And Around Me Stand. Bear Me Away On Your Snow White Wings To My Eternal Home!

Otherwise another slow day of trying to find assisted living quarters now back in FL, paying bills. Trying to get DM/s check register up to date.

Tam, our family version of those green beans does not call for garlic, but it certainly would not hurt to add it to the pot. My recipe is a light brown roux, onions, diced ham, fresh green beans, tomato sauce, and fresh baking potatoes, and salt and pepper. My tummy is calling for some right now.

BBL,
Bonnie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 4, 2012
4:44 PM

Post #9296080

Adina - congratulations! Woo Hoo!

BonnieB - DH said he found one flea in the pan left in his office. I had not treated the carpet in there when I went through the rooms a few weeks ago. So he vacuumed quite a bit of the house & will finish tomorrow. And then spray a few rugs. Oh I hate fleas!

Bonnie - at least the message got through - frugality is her new theme. Those beans sound like just what the doctor ordered! Lots of goodies in there.

Debbie - will look at the news link next.

Sandy - I know Andre is rooting for you being able to do lots more walking too. :-)

I am not planning another trip to Ca until the first week of Nov. (I've already sent the application for absentee ballot.) But it would sure be helpful to be there now. I managed to get through another day and even fit in a session on the treadmill. It was hard but I feel like I'm getting back to where I was before my almost month long pause on the exercise.

I made a squash lentil stew today in the slow cooker at the request of my DH. Yes. A vegetarian meal requested by a man. :-) Its really good too!

tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 4, 2012
5:16 PM

Post #9296107

I am going in the morning to check out a gym with a heated pool. They open a 5am in the mornings, so I could go before DM wakes up. I will later try to work on the gym equipment, they have low impact equipment for those of us who have to be careful

going to call it a night, right after I try to convince the dog to go outside-it has been raining off and on for hours.

sandy and Andre the scared cat dog
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 4, 2012
5:41 PM

Post #9296135

Congratulations Adina!!

Bonnie, Ihope you are not over doing it after your surgery.

BonnieB, sorry you have to have the surgery before your vacation.

Debbie, that was an interesting news story. I hope the past fades off into the distance without causing you any further problems.

I'm thinking it is a little too late for a nap.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 4, 2012
6:20 PM

Post #9296153

Sandy - you must be psychic! I typed a question asking if you were doing any strength training and then decided not to incase that would be difficult for you. So glad to hear you will try a gym. I bet it will help your joints as you build more muscle to help support them.

Loretta - I predict a very long nap in your near future. Have a good sleep tonight. :-)

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 4, 2012
6:30 PM

Post #9296164

Good evening folks. I have had a busy day today, did some housework and then took a cooking spell. I cooked a picnic shoulder, and then baked a cake and then had some bananas that were way past the eating stage so made some banana bread.

Ran to my DBIL's 3 times today to let his dog out and take her for a walk. He had open heart surgery today, a valve replaced and some maintence stuff from a previous surgery. He is doing good. Was going to bring his dog to my house for the night but SIL called and was coming home, so she got night duty with the dog. It is Mr. B's daughter, and she is a sweetie.

Adina, congratulations on the wins. I looked at the pictures and they were some really good ones there to vote on. Glad you got the subscription paid, at least that is something that you will use. Our garden has decided to grow again too. DH came in with a bucket that had eggplant, green peppers and tomatoes in it tonight. It has just been a very strange year.

Bonnie, I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. It would seem that your DM would realized that you don't really feel up to arguing with her after your surgery. I believe I would be catty and mention it, and see if she even remembes.

Tammy, so glad that the evidence of fleas wasn't all over the house. It is a good preventative to do vaccuming and a good vacuuming every 7 days, for at least a month. Seems the live fleas leave eggs, that will hatch, and then they will lay eggs, so you have to stop the cycle. It is annoying that our pets love us so much that sometimes they want to share their critters with us too. hehe.

Elsie, yep, too late for a nap, or you will be up all night. What is going on with you, other than work.

Debbie are you still laying low? I hope that the person will get tired of trying to call and give up. Do you have caller ID so that you can screen your calls? I do that, but not to avoid anybody, but if I am really busy, like cooking or at meal time, then will call them back later.

Well, I have to go to Louisville tomorrow to the Dr office and to the hospital for pre op stuff for Tuesday. Since DBIL is in a hospital in the same city, may buzz over there and visit him just for a brief minute. He will be in ICU for a couple more days. Other than that, not anything real pressing going on here.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 4, 2012
6:37 PM

Post #9296171

BonnieB - is this for a biopsy Tues or more? I bet your DBIL would be happy to see a friend in that hospital so it would be nice to see him. I think I'll need to clean out the garden on Sat. The weather liars are talking about a high in the 40's Sun (with rain too - just to make it all the more miserable! Would be happy to send it to Vicki where its needed too).

Good night everyone. I'm reading a rather odd book about the man who invented time. Fiction. But interesting.
Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 4, 2012
7:09 PM

Post #9296218

Tam, this will be extensive surgery, since the prior surgery didn't seem to take care of it. I only had local anesthia? the first time, and this time I will have general so that she can do as much surgery and then laser work without me being aware of the discomfort. I sure hope that this is the last time that I need to deal with this. I had a biopsy last Friday, and it came back active cancer, so she felt that we didn't need to delay this until after my vacation.

Since DH has a trip planned to Ohio for a horse pull, I called my neighbor and she is taking me to the hospital. She is a knitter, and said that she is looking forward to the time spent in the waiting room to finish a Christmas project.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 4, 2012
7:27 PM

Post #9296227

Thanks BonnieB, wish I could lay low, but this is one that needs to be put verbally on "I ain't doing this business" notice...and end it. I wouldn't put it past any
of them trying to see what I have from my Moms house or such and fight to get it back. The surprise is I don't have anything except the two skillets and over 200 snowmen, which they can gladly have!!! Thankfully she hasn't called since Tuesday morning but I am still processing so much and dealing with DD & DS and their issues.

Your DH can't change his trip til after your surgery? I know sometimes that it is easier with a friend, but...would think he prefer to be there.

Tam, I admire you. I ate about 8 pieces of snickers almond miniatures today. Made the mistake of picking them up in the hallloween candy isle. They stared me down.

Melva, how is the knee, hope better.

Vicki, what are you up too?

Bonnie, maybe you should get DM a pint...and let her take a few nips and sleep through the night so you can rest. A warm brandy or something. I know thats not an answer, but I don't know how YOU and the aides deal with her...I honestly don't. You will be up for Sainthood.

Well, I have to be up at 6:00 a.m. to take Nate to work. His "other parents" are away for the weekend and I am pinch hitting for work rides. I am OK with that...he buys me coffee and gives great hugs.

Sweet dreams all...

Debbie

melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 4, 2012
7:38 PM

Post #9296235

Knee is fine and I have zero bruises! I normally bruise big time...but my left hand hurts I must have banged it trying to keep from falling...
Bonnie B.
when is the surgery? Corky wants to know when to be there..

This message was edited Oct 4, 2012 9:00 PM
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 4, 2012
7:59 PM

Post #9296249

Corky

Thumbnail by melvatoo

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 4, 2012
8:08 PM

Post #9296253

Melva, the surgery is Tuesday at 10:00 a.m. I will be glad to have all the fur kids in attendance so that they can sing sweet songs to me like they did for Bonnie's surgery.

Debbie, I think we have a problem here. This horse pull was scheduled a long time ago, and DH is more determined than before his DB died to take the horses and go. He asked if my surgery could be changed, and I told him that it probably could be, but I thought he needed a better excuse than taking horses to a horse pull to decide to ask me to change it.

He is going through a lot right now, but I am too, and he seems to forget what all I have been through with him, standing right beside him, going over and beyond, etc. etc.

This may be a test, and he needs the right answer on this one!

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

October 4, 2012
11:32 PM

Post #9296337

Oh BonnieB I know we make many excuses for the "Stronger sex" - but could he be running away from his fear this time? I so want you to feel better going into this surgery and that does not include feeling that DH is consciously choosing a horse pull over being there with you. Shall we send the 2X 4 or a big boot for a swift kick? Well, I'll be there with the Big ole boys. Stetson had such fun singing he has been out howling at the moon every night to keep his voice in shape.

Melva happy to hear you have no bruises from your fall. I had three falls while we were in SC. Two during night in the bathroom and one trying to roll my luggage out of the room on Sunday. No injuries or bruises from any of them.

Adina congratulations! Going back to look at your photos. You have so many excellent talents.

Elsie other than the trek to DM's, I barely moved from my recliner today. Thus, I am not yet sleepy tonight. The boys, however, are ready to go to bed. They want into my bedroom in the worst way. Guess I had better take my sleep meds and make two cats happy.

Debbie I wish those people would leave you alone. Happy that you are standing firm against them and keeping your guard up at all times..

Sandy such good news coming from you. Please go slowly.

Hey Vicki. Miss you. Luv you. Seen that wolf anymore?

Dianne you still playing in the woodpile?

Okay Stetson has made his third pass through my legs...I'm going.

Bonnie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 5, 2012
4:28 AM

Post #9296388

Good morning everyone

Congratulations Adina

BonnieB We will be there for you

I am going this morning for a tour of the place. I wish it was closer to home but it is a heated pool in a heated room-unlike the last so called heated pool

Waving at everyone

sandy and andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 5, 2012
5:34 AM

Post #9296408

BonnieB - Now you know you'll have a crowd singing you sweet songs Tues. Sounds like Stetson will be the choir leader & soloist but do be assured that Scirocco says she is completely clear of fleas and will be there with the rest of the gang! When is your DH going to be back from this horse-pull? It does sound like he's reached his limit emotionally. I hope he changes his plans and if not, I suspect he will come to regret it.

Debbie - too bad you can't just give those little greedy ones a box of snowmen and be done with them. And I'm hardly perfect on the diet. I did get in a good workout but I also had a small bowl of ice cream last night. (Slow-churned so at least not too bad).

Melva - thanks for our Corky-fix. :-)

Bonnie - Zephyr is pining for Stetson today. She read about him here (looking over my shoulder) and is now wanting to come visit him and asking if you could take Swiper for a trip somewhere. So inappropriate! lol

Loretta - guess what day it is? yes - TGIF!

Sandy - let us know what you think!

Tam

This message was edited Oct 5, 2012 7:39 AM
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 5, 2012
5:35 AM

Post #9296409

Good morning, it is a start to a beautiful day here.

Thanks Debbie and Bonnie, I am just going to take this surgery one step at a time, and not dwell on DH's perverted attitude. I am wondering if he is suffering depression over the loss of this DB. That may be the case, but it still is not an excuse to abandon me when I need him to be there.

Have pre op stuff in Louisville, and going to go vist DBIL while in that city. DH informed me that he will go with me today, so guess that is an attempt to smooth over the slight of not being there Tuesday.

Gotta get a move on.

Sandy, hope it truly is a heated pool so that you will be comfortable with the exercise.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 5, 2012
6:17 AM

Post #9296432

Going to go and make some oatmeal and feed Ty. Hope tomake it back.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 5, 2012
6:57 AM

Post #9296458

Morning! Just got back from being blown away yesterday and I think today will be the same. Have to make this quick as I want to clean up the house some this morning and have an hour to do that! Don't expect much do I?

Tam I am watching Revolution and so far am enjoying it. Will see where it goes. Glad the fleas are being taken care of. Yes I will take any rain you can get to come here.

BonnieB I think it is depression and fear your DH is facing but you know that and that he has to deal with it in his own way. May not be right but that's how it is sometimes. But he still needs that 2x4 or a big boot. Did you find the carrier to bring your extra charge home to take care of? Ty and I will be there also. He is looking forward to seeing the gang.

Bonnie hope some cold hard facts settle your mom down some. At least as long as she remembers. That dish looked delish!

Deb post those pictures over here. Now that is great therapy! Plus Boot or 2x4 to your place also.

Dianne what's up today? Wish we could see pictures of the furbabies. Plus the garden work you are getting caught up on.

Haven't seen the wolf again. Something woke me up last night but was too groggy to figure out if it was wolves or DH! Went back to sleep.

Gotta go and get busy. It is DS's bday this weekend and they are coming to dinner and I want the house fairly clean..

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 5, 2012
7:35 AM

Post #9296487

Adina so sorry I forgot to post this. Congratulations on your wins! Your pictures are always spectacular!

Back to cleaning. So much to do and the time is flying!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 5, 2012
7:40 AM

Post #9296492

TAM you would love this place!!!!! it has a large room with equipment of all kinds
2 pools, the indoor heated lap pool, and a out door one that is used during the warm season. Life guard
pool classes 3 times a week at 3 different levels.
Whirred pool, sauna, steam room. (they supply the towels) Showers, lockers
Tennis, basketball, etc courts
And a yoga/stretch in chair room classes 3 times a week
Also there are concerts and other free programs
And some fee classes-arts.
AND I only have to pay $33.00 a month!!!!! Normal fee is &65.00 a month.
Mon-Friday they open at 5am, Sat. at 1pm, Sunday 8am
They have a number of different programs during the day.
I am going to start first in the pool and later in the equipment room
Maybe Sunday but for sure Monday-Yard guys are coming tomorrow
Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 5, 2012
8:35 AM

Post #9296529

I got up at 6:00 to take Nate to work, and was back home at 7:15 with a massive headache. Crashed on the couch and woke up about 10:45. Sipping some tea.

BonnieB, I have been in the same position several times...and it taught me to put me first. I have taken back seat to DH's family many times and it hurts so badly. I understand what you are going through. Putting your foot down won't do any good, but I will pray he makes the right decision. He could be depressed like Bonnie said...but there is a fine line between depression, common sense and stupidity.

Vicki, you want those pictures here? I didn't think they were that good...but OK.

Oh Sandy, that sounds like such a good deal!!! Yay!!

Melva, love the picture of Corky...he has the "go away I am sleeping" look.

Tam, I am getting paranoid over this. Afraid someone will show up at the door. I hid down at the creek for a bit yesterday taking pictures then I sat in my room watching TV to make it look like no one was home. I have to move past this, I had come so far.

Suppose I should get something to eat. It is beautiful out now (mid 60's) but getting dark...and someone is sending a storm this way. VIcki? Terese? guilty?

Ok, pictures from down at the Creek, The last one is the Blue Heron migration Must have been 40 in that pond

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy      
Click an image for an enlarged view.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 5, 2012
9:15 AM

Post #9296570

Deb the first one he is saying I am here I am the master!

Is that all the color you have so far!

Love the reflection of the herons!

Pictures don't always have to be good sometimes it is just the content that is great!

Sandy I sure hope this place works out for you!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 5, 2012
9:25 AM

Post #9296578

Yes, we are just starting to turn here. They said the coolness and such will get it started this weekend. My tree out front is still all green.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 5, 2012
9:43 AM

Post #9296589

Getting ready for work and taking Ty for a walk! Long day today!

Thumbnail by ves522

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 5, 2012
9:46 AM

Post #9296594

Have you done a frog count yet? Its getting close!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 5, 2012
9:49 AM

Post #9296598

It is 4-6.. I have been seeing 4 lately. I know! Already laughing about it!

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

October 5, 2012
1:34 PM

Post #9296751

Tammy Zephyr and Stetson would be a handsome couple. Oh my, how cute is that! Stetson thinks Zephyr looks "hot". Swipe said he would make himself scarce while Zephyr and Stetson are courting. I am proud of you for going back to your exercise routine after a one month break.

Vicki did you get the house cleaned before work? I am afraid DM has short memory. I have an invitation to lunch on Sunday at a restaurant. I will have to insist on paying my way.

I am brain dead this afternoon. CRS I go back to read what has been posted above, come back here ans stare at the screen. It seems I cannot focus today.

I am going to close and try again later.

Bonnie
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 5, 2012
3:47 PM

Post #9296854

Been gone all day, did the Dr appointment and the pre op stuff, and went to see DH's DB who had open heart surgery yesterday. I need something to eat and will be back later.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

October 5, 2012
5:20 PM

Post #9296940

Debbie... I didnt send a storm, but maybe COLD. we are COLD. high was 46 today, about the same for tomorrow, 24 over night... i have some of my impatiens and coleus covered on my back porch.

DH brought Charlie and Buddy back up... they were at home for about 2 weeks. Good to have them back.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 5, 2012
6:07 PM

Post #9296976

Terese - that cold is heading my way now! Hurumpf... would have been happy to have another warm weekend. Sat should be OK but Sun looks nasty. Cold and rainy.

BonnieB - sounds like you are set for Tues on the medical front. I hope you can pick up some fun stuff to do during recuperation - books, magazines, DVDs whatever you enjoy.

Bonnie - I got in a full strength training session today. I've been doing just one of my normal two circuits since I wasn't up to the full deal after the break. Today - I did the normal 75min session and felt great and exhausted at the same time. I can't tell you how good it feels to exercise (as much as it is painful and hard as well). I hope you feel better.

Tam

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

October 5, 2012
6:15 PM

Post #9296984

BonnieB -- I'm sorry, I neglected to say that I'll be there with Sir Charles and Buddy -- if he can behave himself.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 5, 2012
6:27 PM

Post #9296991

I am back. I pulled some frozen chicken breast patties from the freezer and heated them in the oven and made sandwiches. I know not a very nutritious meal, but it was filling, keeping my stomach from growling until morning. I am beat, physically and emotionally too. I think DH thinks that taking me to the pre op stuff today makes up for him not being there on Tuesday. My friend and neighbor is taking me. He is leaving for the horse pull on Monday night or wee hours of Tuesday morning, and plans to be back Tuesday night or wee hours of Wednesday morning. Not gone long at all, but just at a crucial time. I am just so hurt. I have been there for him for many surgeries, a nervous breakdown and ER trips in the middle of the night. Until the past couple of years I have been as healthy as a horse and have managed very well on my own, and now that I need him, he is taking off with the stupid horses of his DB. I think he thinks that by doing this it is bringing him closer to his deceased DB. May be, but it is not doing anything to bring us closer.

Sorry folks, didn't mean to dump on you, so am leaving to go to bed. Won't rain on your parade any more.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 5, 2012
6:28 PM

Post #9296994

Good heavens, I have had the strangest day ever. I mean really strange...not just odd.

Monday while I was at Walmart getting groceries, our neighbor Rose came over. She NEVER comes over. She has "spirits" living in her house, one is mean
one is good. DH and I both thought she was having a nervous breakdown! Then her granddaughter who is 8...sees them too and her niece who is in 20's won't come over because they scare her.

So today, I was out in the yard and Rose starts talking to me. I had only heart this second hand from DH. Well, she went on and on telling me about this. How "Johnny" (whom I knew and they bought the house from his family) is in the basement and plays trains with her Granddaughter. And then the "bad one" who lives in her attic.

Shaking my head. Her husband is away at work in Arkansas for a few months, and she is in the house alone But she says the cat starts hissing and runs either in the basement...or in the closet or somewhere to hide...and won't come out. I have no idea what to do to help her. Her niece contacted Roses' husband and several other members have been helping.

And no, she wasn't drinking.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 5, 2012
6:34 PM

Post #9296995

TGIF!!!

What a long work week. I'm beginning to wonder if I have walking pneumonia again. I'm hoping to stay inside all weekend long.

Whole family was at my parents tonight for pizza. They are leaving on Sunday. The girls were just too funny. I got one of Meadow's coloring pages from "school".

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

October 5, 2012
6:39 PM

Post #9297000

Debbie -- I believe in "hauntings" -- have never witnessed one, though i do believe when i was a teen, i witnessed "something" in someone else's home ...I do think there are people who can help... either ridding the home of the unwanted guests that live there, or at least provide [i guess] help to deal with the 'bad ones'.

My brother lived in a home that had a "port hole" ... he had someone out to help close that porthole, and it work rid his home of the spirits that lived there.

Animals are very sensitive to things like that.

{{{{{{{{{ BonnieB }}}}}}}}}}}}

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 5, 2012
6:53 PM

Post #9297011

((((((( BonnieB )))))))

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 5, 2012
7:03 PM

Post #9297026

Terese, there is a Catholic church two houses behind our yard in the back street. "Johnny" actually went to that church, and I told Rose to talk to the Priest, he could help. My kids & I adored John & his wife Judy, I still write to her (email). He loved kids, and that would explain him playing "trains" with Katie. Any time one of my kids got hurt...he was right over with fudge cicles.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

October 5, 2012
7:07 PM

Post #9297029

Hopefully someone can help her with the "bad" spirit.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

October 5, 2012
7:28 PM

Post #9297040

BonnieB I am so sorry your DH is hurting you so. It is something you will forgive over time, but will never forget. I think I would tell him to pack a larger bag and stay a few days because you won't be wanting to see his tired old face anyway. So there!!!!!! Dump away. You're entitled.

Debbie, ever consider that those spirits might be real? There have been documented cases communication with spirits. I personally find it scary, but then I am a big chicken at heart. I would not walk into that house for anything. Forgot to comment on your pretty pictures. Nice soft colors.

Tammy I have always heard that exercise makes a person feel good. 75 minutes is quite the workout. It sure pays off. You look great!

Terese I Might be at the Shores this January after all. My plan is to get mom situated there in assisted living and I moved into my condo. I will get her moved in and then come back and forth to Katy to orchestrate the sale of these two houses at my own pace.

Gonna try my night meds early tonight to see if that works.

Bonnie

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

October 5, 2012
8:07 PM

Post #9297070

Bonnie -- I'll be on New Smynra Jan 11 - 18
then Daytona Feb 2 - 9

off to bed...

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 5, 2012
8:37 PM

Post #9297106

Bonnie, I have no doubt that Johnny is real...she had never met him and I knew him from 1990 to 2001 when he passed. She described him to a " T ".
Yes, I am scared and "respectful" of the other one...and will not go in that house. Wasn't making fun...it is just after all the goings on this week with Stepfamily...this comes up. I even told Roses' granddaughter stories about Johnny and my kids...but she isn't afraid at all of him. They have burned sage and done some other things...I hope they get some answers.

Thank you all for your input.

I have major work /chores tomorrow.

I hope everyone is feeling better. I need to head to bed.

Debbie

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 6, 2012
4:58 AM

Post #9297247

Good morning everyone! I'm cleaning the windows today and washing the curtains. It's still warm here sunny, very beautiful day and will be the same tomorrow, but the cold and rain will be here on Monday, so I thought I'd better take advantage of this week-end and do the dirty job!LOL

Debbie, I also believe in spirits and I also wouldn't get in that house, especially if it's a bad spirit! I pray for your neighbors to be safe!

Bonnie, I'm glad your DM is in a better mood and I hope she stays that way. You don't need any more trouble and getting upset!

Tam, congrats for working out! You are so tenacious! Glad to hear Scirocco is feeling better.

Elsie, take care and stay well! I hope it's not pneumonia again.

(((((((BonnieB)))))))), sorry your DH won't be with you for your surgery,, but we'll be there, don't worry!

Waving to all! Have to go!

Adina

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 6, 2012
5:13 AM

Post #9297250

Good morning everyone

BonnieB My last surgery my DM did not go, had to get my brother to take me. So I know how hurt you feel

Trying to get my rump in gear. Need to take Andre for a quick run. As the Yard guys should come today.
Then later if it is not to late I may go to the gym

Waving at everyone

sandy and andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 6, 2012
6:13 AM

Post #9297283

Good morning,

Cold dreary day here. Looks like it has been drizzling a few hours at least.

Woke up with two baby kitties in my bed snuggling, one got under the covers and the other in my neck. Made getting up even harder!

I have coffee and not sure what the rest of the morning holds. Can't look at the entire day yet...I would crawl back in bed!

Debbie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 6, 2012
8:14 AM

Post #9297407

Good Morning!

I need to get outside pronto! looks like it might rain. aaaahhh... I spent the morning on stuff that could have waited.

BBL
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 6, 2012
8:18 AM

Post #9297408

Well, I am not liking this. Besides the rain...it is only 48!! Tam, dress warm.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 6, 2012
9:10 AM

Post #9297454

raining here also, and I am getting ready to go to the gym. The yard guys are not coming today, maybe tomorrow

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 6, 2012
9:19 AM

Post #9297462

Morning! DH left for up north and I got ready and went to town to pick up some groceries for DS Bday dinner plus a few other sale items. Like Split chicken breast for $1.00 a #. White bread to dry and make dressing for Thanksgiving and Xmas dinners. It is in the oven drying now. No room in the freezer so figured I'd dry it. Milk at 1.39 a gal for skim. Limit 2. That's good for me for 2 weeks. Hope to get another gal on Fri. Put in gas at 3.84. So am good for another week or so there. Ty is begging for attention.

Weather is quite cool and calling for a low of 23 tonight. I'd better get outside soon and take care of a few things. No rain with it but it did try to snow last night. Read on FB it was snowing in LAdysmith about 45 minutes north of me.

No the house is not clean and I just messed up the kitchen. Will take me more than an hour in the time I had to get it the way I would like. No one to blame but me.

Deb that sounded like a good snuggle to me.

Gotta go. Good thing it is a late work day for me today and tomorrow.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 6, 2012
9:36 AM

Post #9297482

Chilly here too..and it might rain..Graham is going to have to come inside...supposed to be in the 40's tonight.
BBL

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 6, 2012
9:48 AM

Post #9297493

Wish gas was $3.84 here. We are up to $4.11 at the "cheap" station up to about $4.18 in the city. Glad you got all that running out of the way, and good sales.

Melva maybe we can get Elsie to knit Graham a sweater...sure he would love that!!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 6, 2012
9:50 AM

Post #9297494

Heading outside to give someone some exercise!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 6, 2012
12:46 PM

Post #9297599

I'm back. I dug out a number of the sweet potato plants and have maybe 2 meals' worth. :-( Something's been eating the folliage all summer. I did get a lot of dill and its almost all dried now (what a job just washing, cutting off the stems and then drying!) I've got a big pot of chicken stock going for my dad (that's what I started this morning.) I have a bunch of peppers I will roast and freeze and a few tomatoes I'm not sure what I'll do with.

I have my feet up for a break. Will go out and do some weeding next I think. Its not too bad outside - low 70s and overcast. Tomorrow we are supposed to have rain and 40's.

BonnieB - you'll just have to go over all his positives as well as his negatives and decide if he's still worthy of your time. If you decide he is, then focus on the positives and try to put it all behind you. If he's not, then tell him that if he can't stand by your side when you need him, than maybe he doesn't deserve you as his wife. I just think life is too short to let negative feelings become part of our life.

Debbie - very strange indeed. I hope things work out for Rose & her family.

Loretta - sorry you haven't knocked the cold or whatever! Sounds like chicken soup w/ginger and lots of tea for the weekend! I wish you could pop over for a bowl of mine - will be done tomorrow. At least you've got nurse Chloe there to help.

Bonnie - I don't exercise to look better. I exercise to feel better, to be able to do things I enjoy and to keep my mind as sharp as possible. Its amazing how many things it can help with - mood, heart, mind... just about every aspect of your health is improved with exercise. (I don't mean to be a PITA about it but just hoping to inspire others to give it a try. It is worth sticking with!)

Vicki - wow! Those are some good buys! I bet Ty enjoyed his exercise with you. :-)

Terese - last weekend before you pack up to come home!

Adina - you just don't stop, do you? I actually got one of the windows downstairs cleaned last week. The guy who put in the new stone steps had slopped cement all over, including on the glass of the window. Its so nice to look out and see nothing but the view. :-)

Dianne - how are you doing? Are you having fewer dizzy spells? And how is Quill?

~~ to everyone!
Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 6, 2012
1:05 PM

Post #9297610

Back from the gym, only get about a half hour in the pool(bad weather moved in) but I did get about 6 minutes on one of the machines. Am not going to over do it!!!!

I get gas this morning for $3.52 a gallon. Maybe everyone needs to move down here. LOL

Dianne get my cookies and ate some of the Bennie wafers, was not sure about them at first but the grow on you .

Get my feet propped up for now

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 6, 2012
1:07 PM

Post #9297611

Tammy, our forecast this morning said it would be sunny and 75 - more like overcast, windy and 67. Good for you getting your veggies in.

BonnieB, so sorry about your DH. I hope all goes well with your surgery.

I guess I will join you all who have had a crown pop off. I guess I will be at the dentist and maybe the doctor next week. I've been eating lots of soup and drinking hot tea. And yes Tammy - Chloe is my favorite nurse.

My mother sent me a blurb about freezing lemons and then grating them when you want some lemon in a dish. The most nutritious part of a lemon is the rind? I did not know that.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 6, 2012
2:09 PM

Post #9297644

I am cold! Going to turn on the heat...
http://www.wfaa.com/weather/

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 6, 2012
2:18 PM

Post #9297650

Loretta - I heard that about the rind of lemon being the most nutritious part. I think it was on Dr Oz. :-)

OK - I'm pooped and have decided I'm just gonna finish the evening indoors cooking. I will be making some "New Coq au Vin" which will require opening a bottle of wine. I may just have to finish it while I cook. :-)

Tam

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

October 6, 2012
2:32 PM

Post #9297657

Good afternoon. Feeling pretty good today. Margarita put my legs in the sleeves for the pump then put on my compression garments. My legs feel good, and I am beginning to feel rested.

Elsie how are you feeling today? Keeping the pneumonia at bay?

Adina we still have pretty weather here, too. It is starting to be just a little cooler making getting outside a pleasure. There s a nice breeze coming through the courtyard, I wish I were in better shape physically so I could entertain out there it is the perfect time of the year to do so.

Terese I am going to save your Daytona dates in my Bonnie Mail File. Hopefully we can visit again. Maybe Sandy and Pat can join us this time.

Oh, Debbie, so freaky about the spirit of Johnny next door. I could never live in that house.

In order to cut costs, I will be working the 7P - 7A shift at DM's beginning on Monday night. Prayers, I need prayers. The caregivers will come in to work the shift when I leave town.

Kinda overcast here now. The recliner is looking good.

Bonnie
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 6, 2012
2:56 PM

Post #9297669

I think I have told this story before...Georgia was a woman who worked for my family for more than 15 years...she was a dear sweet woman. She liked to take me places and tell people that I was her baby...since I am very white and she was not..people would be surprised.
She became very ill when she was in her 90's...one day when I was still working the night shift...I was sleeping and I dreamed of her..and Phil came and woke me and said he had some bad news...I asked if it was Georgia and he said yes, she had just died...I knew before he told me, she had come to tell me good bye. I woke up with tears on my cheeks (like there is now) I miss her a lot! Her picture is on the refrig. I pat it from time to time..she hated the picture, said it made her look like she had t**** like a jersey cow...(it didn't) I paid for a grave stone for her because her family didn't have much money..they insisted on putting "Love, from Melva" on the stone...

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 6, 2012
3:02 PM

Post #9297671

(((Melva)))) I have had two instances like that. Strange stuff when that happens. When my grandpa died, I was in the kitchen making dinner for SF. The phone rang and I just froze. SF said "answer the phone" and I said "grandpa died" and thats what it was my aunt calling for. Freaked SF right out.

Melva you did such a wonderful thing for her family.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 6, 2012
3:05 PM

Post #9297673

Tammy, I'll forward that email to you.

Bonnie, so glad you are feeling better.

I feel like crap. Guess what I found - my spare glasses. Knew it would happen after I ordered the glasses.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 6, 2012
3:06 PM

Post #9297674

I found my glasses after two days of looking, in DH's trash bin next to his chair.

Having MAJOR cat issues. Axl just went up to the bathroom while I was brushing my teeth...and peed right next to me.
I have caught him twice...and Dexter. Definitely a vet appointment on Monday! It isn't the kittens...welll I am sure they are not helping situation, but
they started this before kittens came.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

October 6, 2012
3:11 PM

Post #9297676

Oh, Tam, I know you are not a vain person and that good health motivates your diet and exercise. You are a fantastic example of the benefits of being fit. Coq au Vin is one of my favorite chicken dishes. Of course, one must never cook with a wine that one would not drink. Left over wine in a bottle is like a party that never happened :~( Drink up!

Elsie I wish you lived nearby so I could share some of my lemons with you. Mom was wishing for a big pot of vegetable beef soup today. I said I would make her one on Monday.

Hungry boys. I am back on cat care duty. I let the pet sitter go last night. I can take care of them now.

BBL,

Bonnie

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 6, 2012
3:18 PM

Post #9297680

Bonnie, I am glad you are feeling better and able to help the boys again. I know their nursing duties are stressful on them and they need your
special techniques and mom loving.

Sure hope you can rest being over at your DMs during night shift.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 6, 2012
4:28 PM

Post #9297736

What is the best thing to use to get blood out of the carpet?

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

October 6, 2012
4:45 PM

Post #9297742

how much blood?

believe it or not, human saliva does a great job... but I never have enough 'spit'.
I use peroxide to clean blood.

Seltzer water ??

i need to google it now...

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

October 6, 2012
4:48 PM

Post #9297744

http://www.housecleaningcentral.com/en/cleaning-tips/stain-removal/blood-stain-removal.html

http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-to-clean-blood-from-carpet/

" It’s very important to BLOT throughout this entire process DO NOT SCRUB. Your goal is to “lift” the stain, not rub it into the fibers. "

This message was edited Oct 6, 2012 6:50 PM
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 6, 2012
4:51 PM

Post #9297745

My bathroom looks like a crime scene...I cleaned the puddles on the floor in there but the carpet is a different matter...guess there are seven places where there are spots of blood...a freak accdent" I stepped on a hair clip..a barrette I use to clip my hair..who knew it could be so sharp? Made a tiny hole that bled so much it scared me..and my foot is throbbing. Think I am going to bed with a book and try not to move.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 6, 2012
6:23 PM

Post #9297841

Melva, hope that the foot isn't a big problem. Yep, peroxide is the ticket for any blood stains. It even cleans urine and feces from an animal. Be careful though as it can bleach some carpets. Don't know which would be worse the stains or a faintly discolored spot where you cleaned.

Bonnie glad you are feeling much better and I bet the boys are going to be very happy to have you back on duty with their care. Such good medical assistants. Glad you had help with the compression garment, that just sounds so tiring to put on.

Tammy, you are such a good example to all of us, and I wish sometimes you could be here and goad me into my exercise when I am trying to think of an excuse to slack off. Thanks for your advice earlier. I just will have to think about this issue, after all we have been married 47 years. However the inequities have been there all along, I guess I am just coming to realize that and somehow it shocks me to know how much I care and he doesn't care that much.

Elsie,I sure hope you aren't getting pneumonia. I wish I had known to look for the signs as it sort of sneaked up on me back in the spring. Well, now you will have a spare pair of glasses for the spare glasses!

Dianne, hope all is well at your house, and that the furkids are keeping you busy, but entertaining you as well. Bet if it was decent weather you were moving wood.

Vicki, hope the house magically cleans/straightens itself, and that you all have a great time this weekend for the BD dinner. How old the DS? What kind of good food are you making?

Debbie, my DM used to entertain us with stories of ghosts or paranormal sightings from her childhood and her early married life. Seems she had the ability to "see" or perceive presences, and was blessed with the foreknowledge of things to happen. Not that she was a medium or a clarivoyant, she was just an ordinary person to me. But some of her tales could make the hair stand up on the back of your neck. She always said that if a spirit got trapped between earth and the afterlife, they were as miserable as we would be in dealing with the sightings. She said usually that the person who sees the spirit could firmly urge the spirit to depart to the nether world and they usually would. However, just like people there are good spirits and bad spirits. She didn't elaborate on bad spirits much, only to say, they weren't easy to persuade to leave. Sooooo, is that a good bedtime story?

Sandy, I am hoping that you will get a chance to really use that facility with the indoor heated pool and the exercise equipment during the winter. I bet when spring rolls around that you will be in excellent physical shape.

I may join the Activity Center in the next county, as they have a heated pool, water aerobics, and all kinds of equipment in their complex. They have an indoor walking track, and sports galore, classes in all kinds of things. Might be a good wintertime pursuit for me too. Will have to check out the prices and requirements.

Well, need to do a few things before bedtime, so will say goodnight and hope you all have a great one.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 6, 2012
6:29 PM

Post #9297851

Bonnie Just let us know and we will be down there.

I went to take sunset pictures, meet a lot of people at the small out of the way place, including a couple from Germany.

Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 6, 2012
6:32 PM

Post #9297855

Sandy, very beautiful picture!!
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 6, 2012
6:35 PM

Post #9297858

Beautiful photo Sandy!!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 6, 2012
6:39 PM

Post #9297863

BonnieB - I'm relieved you took my comments w/o offense. When work was really getting bad for us both but really awful for him a few years ago, my DH got really negative & testy. I decided the negatives were too much for me. I told him that I just couldn't put up with his nastiness - that it was misdirected at me too often. Well... he surprised me and cleaned up his act. So you just never know. On a nicer note, a friend of mine just turned 65 and she found medicare pays a good chunk of the cost of a fitness center. She's going 3x a week and she looks & feels great. You're going to have recover from your surgery of course. Swimming or walking might be a good way to start.

Bonnie - again, relieved you took my comment w/such grace. Thank you for the compliment. Are you sure you want to sign up for night shift w/your DM? Not sure that sounds like a good idea at all.

Thanks for the email on freezing lemons Loretta.

My fingers are burning! I cut up a pablano pepper, which really shouldn't have been all that hot but now my fingers are not happy with me!

Good night everyone!
Tam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 6, 2012
6:40 PM

Post #9297865

wow! That's a gorgeous photo Sandy!!!!!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 6, 2012
6:51 PM

Post #9297879

BonnieB crossed posted with you. I am going to try to keep after it.

S and A

Thumbnail by wren107

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 6, 2012
7:00 PM

Post #9297895

Tammy, soak the fingers in some milk. That will help take away the heat. And thanks for the tip of Medicare maybe paying for some of the expense of club membership. Never thought of that. It could be that you have to be a resident of that county, so all my thoughts will have been for naught, if that is right.

I know men can be a trial sometimes, and I am sure that if there were all men talking here, they would say that women can be a trial, but they think so much differently than we do. I know that my DH is missing his DB terribly, as they were together daily, and I am trying to make allowances for that, but my sympathy for him has been tempered by his reactions to what I think are reasonable requests for people who have been married 47 years and will be 48 in January.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 6, 2012
7:11 PM

Post #9297903

Sandy, those are beautiful pictures tonight...both are just breath taking!

BonnieB, I wrote to Judy, Johnny's wife. She said nothing bad had ever happened in the house, they lived there for 34 years. The one thing she did say was a previous owners husband was in law enforcement...which makes me wonder about the bad spirit.. I have had premonitions quite often and I got to the point where I quit telling people about them when in my early 20's. I think my favorite "experience" was when I was taking pictures at my daughters best friends wedding. Liz had lost her dad a few years ago...and was just heartbroken that he wasn't there. Her SF danced with her during the Father/daughter dance...and all the pictures I took, Liz was surrounded with an "orb". I had been in many different areas and angles...so when I showed them too her later, she just cried. It looked just like this "orb" was dancing right along with her.

I got an invite this morning from my old Washington/Virginia roommate...we went to high school together also. She was in town for her brothers birthday and asked me to come over. Well, I was so happy I did. Had a very good time, and really enjoyed them all.

Tonight, we had to put the heat on! Down in the low 40s and I have a frozen nose! lol

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

October 6, 2012
7:26 PM

Post #9297910

Tam I cannot say I am enthusiastic about spending nights with DM, but it is the only financially responsible thing to do. 24 hour care @ $17.00 per hour x 30 days is a whopping $12,240.00 per month!!!!!!

Melva not another fall!!!!! Watch that wound.

Sandy you MUST enter that sunset in Dave's photo contest this year. It is marvelous. Sure will let you and mom know when I am at the Shores and specially when Terese is here, too.

Have to take the leg garments off. Left leg is hurting.

Bonnie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 6, 2012
7:31 PM

Post #9297915

I took a lot of the clouds.

S and A
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 6, 2012
8:03 PM

Post #9297956

I didn't fall...just managed to step on the hair clip...I cursed so much, Corky apparently thought it was directed at him...he wanted to go outside until he thought about it..it is windy and chilly and he prefers to be inside.
Phil brought Graham inside.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 6, 2012
11:44 PM

Post #9298163

Melva, you can try a special bleach for carpets which doesn't discolor the carpet.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

October 7, 2012
4:16 AM

Post #9298217

Stetson sends a mischievous good morning greeting to Miss Zephyr.

Thumbnail by greersfolly

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 7, 2012
6:09 AM

Post #9298259

morning everyone

DM is in the hospital, she pasted out last night, we believe her blood sugar get to low but she will be there far test. Been there from around 2am to 8:30. I need some sleep

waving at everyone

s and a
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 7, 2012
6:14 AM

Post #9298261

Bonnie, turn Stetson upright, he is going to get lopsided! Beautiful fella.

It is overcast here, and chilly this morning.

Sandy, sending my thought and prayers for your DM and for you the caregiver.

Off to church.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 7, 2012
6:39 AM

Post #9298291

Morning!

Elsie are you feeling better yet?

Sandy hope mom is okay. You go and rest.

Bonnie wish you didn't have to do night duty but if you must know we will be there also keeping you company. I mever realized how slim Stetson was before. He is so pretty. Don't tell him that tho!

BonnieB you have the time now to notice how uneven things are and have been. Go and check out that place.

Melva hope the foot is better. Does Gram go in his shell when he is being moved?

All those supernatural stories are so interesting. Sometimes I just know something. I believe everyone can do it if they just listen to their inner self.

The boss took 2 1/2 days off as her daughter is expecting her baby. She will have a c section for sure on Monday. She called to check up on us last night. We talked for quite a bit so I didn't get done all I planned. But today is another day. We aren't doing to bad with truck. Further ahead than last week.

Better go and feed you know who. He twitches everytime I move!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 7, 2012
6:53 AM

Post #9298304

Sandy, sending hugs...my thoughts and prayers are with you and your Mom. Get all the rest you can.

Elsie, put your glasses on...and make some chicken soup! Maybe that will help. Feel better.

Vicki, have a good day at work. Today is your "Friday" right?

Bonnie, hope you had some rest.

Terese, when do you head home for the winter months? I know the kitties are with you, but bet Budman misses you.

BonnieB, have been in your position so many times...and it has made me loose all respect for my DH

Long night, up and down all night and DH got called into work this morning. The Child got home from work at 11:00 last night and had to turn around and go back in for 8:00 this morning. Have not seen nor heard from DS since last Tuesday. No response from text messages. Got to thinking (and worrying) don't know if he is being independent and stubborn or I should file missing persons report.

Cleaned the litter boxes so the cats are in line to build sandcastles and mess them up already.

Well, just made coffee...so going to settled down for a bit and have some.

Debbie

This message was edited Oct 10, 2012 10:45 PM

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 7, 2012
6:57 AM

Post #9298310

Debbie who pays for his phone? Just had a wild thought but am sure you don't want to take it from him just in case he gets in touch with you. So sorry this is happening.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 7, 2012
7:03 AM

Post #9298319

He pays for his phone himself. Gives us the money and we just transfer it over or he buys a phone card himself.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 7, 2012
7:05 AM

Post #9298325

Did he maybe find another job?

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 7, 2012
7:12 AM

Post #9298333

No, he didn't. And if he did...he has no way to get there, hasn't been here at all to get clothes. All his clothes are still in his room.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 7, 2012
7:19 AM

Post #9298343

Maybe you should file a missing report or let him know you are going to do it if he doesn't get in touch with you soon. I so want to give him a Gibbs slap!

I am working 6 in a row. My days off this week will be Tues. and Wed.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 7, 2012
7:23 AM

Post #9298348

Good Morning!

Debbie - I'm sorry for all that you've been through. And glad that you had a lovely time with your old friend!

Melva - how is the foot today? I totally forgot to comment on your injury. Hopefully you get things cleaned up and heal quickly.

Vicki - have fun at work.

Bonnie - Zephyr loved that little tongue out pose by Stetson! She's gotten so brave in the last few months. For years, the entire area around the sofa where I typically sit was a terror for her (no idea why) and she would not come closer than 4-5' from it. Well... now she is coming here to get some scritches, even laying on my lap some days. This morning I had to coax her aside so I could sit!

Sandy - give Pat my best. I hope you both get some rest today.

Well, no sign of fleas on Scirocco. She came downstairs and was playing with a milk tab this morning. I am just hoping we've got the worse behind us now. She is still scratching though.

I've got a huge number of peppers I picked off the vines yesterday before the cold front came in. I think I'll make stuffed peppers today & freeze them for both my dad & for us. I need to finish off the soup & Coq Au Vin this morning too.

Tam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 7, 2012
7:25 AM

Post #9298350

Debbie - cross posted with you & Vicki! Good advice from her - text him you are filing a missing person report a few hours from now and call the people he might be in touch with to say the same.

(((( Debbie ))))

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 7, 2012
7:32 AM

Post #9298359

Tam, takes time for the previous bites to heal ...sort of like us with mosquito bites. Have you ever given her benedryl? Might help get rid of it...or a tad of the topical on a certain spot.

I don't even have numbers to get a hold of his friends. When I do find him...I will insist on him giving it to me. I have learned a lot from when Nate was here, there really is NOT much a parent can do once a child turns 18. (16 for that matter if they leave).

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 7, 2012
7:46 AM

Post #9298373

I can see where you would need a bit more info before contacting the police. .

Tam have fun cooking. I would rather be doing that!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 7, 2012
8:04 AM

Post #9298383

no sleep, I dozed off and the hospital wanted information about moms pace maker, some of which we had already given them. Getting ready to go back to the hospital

S and A

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 7, 2012
8:07 AM

Post #9298385

Wish you could of gotten more Sandy!

Well washed the winter coats and was really hoping to find some money in a pocket!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 7, 2012
8:12 AM

Post #9298388

lol I took laundry out from DH's jeans and found a $5...figured it was drying fees! lol

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 7, 2012
8:20 AM

Post #9298395

I would of been happy finding a quarter! LOL

All found money is my money! Been the rule here for years!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 7, 2012
8:24 AM

Post #9298400

I will usually say "Put your jeans in the dryer" and he will respond "What was the payoff?" I just smile.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 7, 2012
8:28 AM

Post #9298406

Good Morning.

Debbie - yep. I understand about the residual itching. That's why we put her on prednisone before. But it makes me worried 'cause last time she wasn't through with the fleas after all!

Vicki - its nice to spend the day cooking when you are in the mood for it! Too bad about not finding any drying fees in your DH's jeans. :-)

The chicken stock is defatted and I've added the veggies. I need to boil it down a bit to fit in the chicken meat & noodles. I grated in some ginger & squeezed in lemon juice. It tastes good. I used up all the carrots so need to run out for more. Just one onion left too. I go through so many onions! I'll pop out after lunch to stock up on these and a few other items.

Sandy - your mom sure lucked out with you. Such a good daughter!

Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 7, 2012
8:28 AM

Post #9298407

LOL I was LOLing Deb. Not Tam's comment!

This message was edited Oct 7, 2012 9:29 AM
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 7, 2012
9:02 AM

Post #9298456

My foot is fine..and the carpet is cleaned I used peroxide. I will need to vaccum and maybe do a little more to the spots..it was such a freak thing..the hair clip fell off the edge of the tub and to avoid stepping on something else I landed on the barrette...who knew it would cut me? The cut is tiny it is amazing it let so much blood out!
Graham doesn't really go into his shell when moved..he just looks around like he is enjoying the ride..Tortoises can't go into their shells completely like Box Turtles do...its going to be warm enough this week for him to go back outside..but not today. He has an insulated house (ice chest) so he has some protection.

Bonnie B. I would like to give your DH a Gibbs slap too..
and Bonnie..I am sorry about your DM...

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 7, 2012
9:23 AM

Post #9298470

Yeah, my son definitely needs a Gibbs slap too. Have done it many times and he just gives me the "what did I do" look. He is kind of like Tony!!!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 7, 2012
11:56 AM

Post #9298623

Boiled Beta anyone? DH was trying to help...sigh. Changed the water for the beta fish (Mambo #5 from my nieces wedding 2 years ago) and well, he didn't check the temp. Died immediately from shock/temp change way WAY too hot.

Double flush salute at the funeral.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 7, 2012
12:05 PM

Post #9298630

Oh He's home already? Sorry about the fish!

gotta get ready for work!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 7, 2012
1:42 PM

Post #9298734

Poor beta.

I've got the soup cooling in the fridge, coq au vin cooling on the stove and a pot of rice mixture for stuffed peppers on the stove. I have about a dozen peppers cut and ready to stuff an other dozen left over. I guess if there is extra stuffing mix, I'll just do more in a second pot.

I sure hope there's space in the freezer for all this food! I have 25lbs of fish for my dad in there too. Will deliver all this at the end of the month.

Have fun at work Vicki!
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 7, 2012
2:40 PM

Post #9298803

Tam, any idea how long stuffed peppers last in the freezer? I made a dozen last year..probably in January...and still about 5 left. Didn't know if I should toss them or if still good.

Strange thing. I was upstairs cleaning (day 2) and opened a little cabinet on my dresser and there was Johnnys funeral brochure and his mothers also! Was strange I would find it today...so took that and his mother's over to Rose.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 7, 2012
3:12 PM

Post #9298823

Debbie - did you cook them first? If cooked then they are probably ok but at the end of their life, taste-wise. If you didn't cook 'em first, than they probably aren't very good.

Sorry about the kitty turf troubles. We both know what happens when there are too many kitties in one household. And it ain't fun. Oh - Gary decided to create a little room in the basement for Fred so that both he & Pixel have their own space down there this winter. He's got a big heart.

I've got all the soup & coq au vin in the freezer. (13 pints of chicken noodle soup and about 4 pints of coq au vin). The stuffed peppers are on the last 5 min in the oven. I kinda started with a recipe I found on the web & modified. The stuffing has pepper, onion, zucchini, tomatos (juiced), rice & lentils. Plus raisins & slivered almonds. Spiced with a little savory & sweet type spices. I hope its good

Sorry for being so chatty about mundane household stuff this weekend. I hope I didn't bore you all to death!

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 7, 2012
3:28 PM

Post #9298840

Tam, I enjoy mundane...and...thank heavens and KNOCK on wood...not crisis yet. Knocking wood real hard for all of us.

Yes, peppers and the stuffing mix were all cooked before hand. Just had to put cheese on top before cooking. DH informed me only 2 left he has been taking them to work for lunch. (Yay!)

Went upstairs and Axl & Darla Dimples were laying together on the bed...and he was giving her a bath. I can't keep these two kittens
part with the rhyming names...so stuck it with Marla Mittens(white paws) and Darla Dimples. Will say they have such beautiful markings.

We have a heavy frost warning for tonight and he needs to get what tomatoes he wants and peppers in.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 7, 2012
4:16 PM

Post #9298900

Hi y'all mom is fine. But they are going to keep here for some extra test. The problem seems to be what I though, her blood sugar get to low.

Andre is at the kennel untl Wed afternoon. I am trying to stay awake long enough that I will not wake up to early

waving at everyone

sandy

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 7, 2012
4:30 PM

Post #9298916

Debbie - photo's please! Kittens make all troubles fade away. (My stuffed peppers turned out good.)

Sandy - good news. And a good plan.

Tam

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

October 7, 2012
5:14 PM

Post #9298967

Tam -- a few weeks back, Debbie had images [on FB] of Marla and Darla... what cuties!!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 7, 2012
5:52 PM

Post #9298985

Good evening, sort of winding down for the day. Church this morning, then home for lunch. DH went to the "other" church that meets only two Sundays a month, and I read and napped. Still taking care of BIL's dog, and she is coming around a bit. She has been sort of standoffish, as she probably doesn't understand what is happening that her Dad and mom aren't there. Poor Little Girl. She did meet me at the door this afternoon, ready for her afternoon walk.

Have enjoyed reading all you have talked about, but have nothing much to add, no cooking, like Tam did, or cleaning like Melva and Debbie.

Sandy, I am glad that they are keeping your mom to do some more testing. Sometimes there can be hidden problems and hope they will catch it, or pronounce her with a clean bill of health. I started to say, Poor Andre, but he likes the kennel. He may be saying, Whoopee.

Off to bed to read a bit.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

October 7, 2012
9:22 PM

Post #9299143

I enjoyed reading your chatty posts today, friends.

BonnieB, Stetson was just awakening for the day and he was full of vinegar. H.O.W, was ready to break out in full force. He was wiggling around on that table trying to get my attention. Glad your little boarder is feeling more at home. I am inclined to be in Tam's corner about leveling with your DH. This is important surgery and most of all it is important to YOU! Let him know this could result in a permanent change in your relationship. Yes, he is reeling from the loss of his brother but his brother is gone and you are here and you need him.

Vicki, both my boys are under weight by about five pounds for their age and breed. They hover between 18 -19 pounds */- when they should weight in the neighborhood of 25 pounds. I free feed a mixture of three high quality kibbles and they each get two Appetizers boxes each day. They stay healthy and the vet is not concerned. Yesterday, when I told DM i would be pulling the night shift she said, "Oh good, that will be fun." Today she asked rather agitatedly why I had to do that, she and Monique figured out that she had enough $$$ until the end of the year. I said she and Monique had no idea what they were talking about. We would discuss it tomorrow night. In addition to the cost of having a caregiver there - she HATES the person who works the night shift. She jerks me around very day.

Melva thank goodness the carpet wasn't ruined. Love Graham's insulated house - clever. It was nice and cool here today. I had the front and back doors cracked open all day. It is 58 degrees here now. Nice sleeping weather. I slept in my recliner this morning from 5A - 10A.

Tam how great for Zephyr that she is increasing the size of her world inside your home. It would be so helpful if we knew what caused these weirdo behaviors in our pets. It was smart of you to be up front with your DH during his negative period. Sometimes we do not know on a conscience level that we have settled into a certain unpleasant behavior. A word from a person we respect can oftentimes correct the problem and restore harmony to the relationship. I enjoy reading about your creative recipes. Would love to try those stuffed peppers. Where I come from peppers are stuffed with onion, garlic, parsley, lean ground beef, finely diced ham, fresh shrimp, a small amount of Italian bread crumbs, and Romano cheese. Cut peppers in half length wise if very large or cut off top at stem end. Clean inside. Fill with fully cooked stuffing. Top with Italian bread crumbs. Place in baking pan and surround with spaghetti sauce. Cover and bake at 350 degrees until peppers are soft. Serve with pasta.

Debbie, I am loving the kittens and I have never met them. Sounds like you received some good advice here today about Shane. What a problem...all worry and no control. The worst kind!!!! As for husbands - I think lucky and very unusual is the woman who does not or has not experienced this type of selfish, seemingly uncaring behavior from their DH. For most of us it is for a certain period of time with a cause, a beginning, and an end - not forever. Cannot imagine living with a man where it is a constant.

Hey Elsie do you still have two pair of glasses? Don't forget to buy a multi sectioned file folder to hold all the precious art work you will receive from Meadow over the years and do write her name and the date on the back of these treasurers.

Sandy so sorry to hear that Pat is in the hospital, but that is the best place for her. They will check her out from head to toe and give you a little rest, too.

Time for night meds and snuggling with my boys,

Goodnight,
Bonnie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 8, 2012
4:06 AM

Post #9299233

Morning everyone, thanks everyone
sore this morning, trying to pick mom up off the floor left me sore but will take a hot shower soon.
kind of strange and quit here with out the to problems.

back later

sandy

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 8, 2012
5:17 AM

Post #9299258

Good morning,

Woke to a knock at the door at 7:30ish and almost had a heart attack,. Imagine it was DS coming in for breakfast, which he brought with him...and just for himself. Not sure what he is up too, but his clothing smells of smoke. He has on clothes/shirt I have never seen...so figure it is from the people he is staying with.

Coffee is brewing, the child and DH are both at work.

Sandy, hope you get some news on DM today and see how she is doing/test results.

Bonnie, very well said. Praying your DM doesn't run you ragged tonight and you are able to get some rest.

I will get pictures of these kitties today if they sit still long enough.

Be back after coffee to continue my good mornings...

Debbie

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 8, 2012
5:42 AM

Post #9299276

Had my coffee and read the paper, and have an appointment at 9:30 so need toget moving.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 8, 2012
5:57 AM

Post #9299295

Good Morning!

Debbie - I hope you tell that young boy how much worry & stress he caused and just how close you were to filing a missing persons report on him!

BonnieB - I hope you really enjoy the day today. And get things all set so you'll be as comfortable as possible after your surgery tomorrow.

Bonnie - except for the shrimp and ham, that's very similar to how stuffed peppers are done around here. I just wanted to try something new rather than try to defrost some ground beef & tomato sauce. They were very tasty. Now... your DM... all I can say is I'll be quite relieved for you when she is safely ensconced in assisted living! How are you feeling?

Sandy - I bet its quiet! Enjoy it while you have the peace! :-)

Well... another chapter in Scirocco's troubles. She was out and about and seeming better than she's been in months last night. Even came down to tangle with Pixel - something she hasn't done for a very long time. Last night, we noticed it was Zephyr on the bed and not Scirocco. Scirocco spent the night in a corner in the bathroom. This morning she was part way under the bed - I pulled her out and inspected her. She didn't move. I put her down. She didn't move. She's alert enough to follow me with her eyes & ears but she's not moved from the spot on the bed I set her on a couple hours ago. I'll call the vet - maybe all those pesticides (worm meds, frontline & most recently revolution). At least there is no sign of fleas nor welts/blood/rash like before.

Tam
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

October 8, 2012
6:47 AM

Post #9299357

(((Tam and Scirocco)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Spending a quiet weekend.

Dianne

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

October 8, 2012
8:40 AM

Post #9299512

((((((Tammy & Scirocco)))))) what scary symptoms. I do hope she improves during the day.

My vegetable beef soup is started. Almost time to start adding in the veggies. The chuck roast boiled with the onions and tomato sauce and about 3/4 C dried Navy beans, is almost tender. Next in is the celery and turnips.

I have my surgery follow-up appointment this afternoon at 2:30. Monique is going to take me. Sure hope I am cleared to drive.

Holding you close, Dianne.

BBL,

Bonnie

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 8, 2012
9:24 AM

Post #9299566

((((Tam & Scirroco)))) waiting for vet report and keeping good thoughts. Wondering if she could have lyme disease

Well, I sat down with my coffee and ended up napping for 2 hours. sigh.

Good luck with all the appointments

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 8, 2012
9:36 AM

Post #9299579

Oh Tam sending best wishes! and tender scritches for Scirroco!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 8, 2012
10:03 AM

Post #9299602

Thinking of you and Scirroco today. Hope you get some answers from the vet.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 8, 2012
10:15 AM

Post #9299621

Tam I did send him a text yesterday saying "You have one hour to answer this text or I am filing a missing persons report". He answered within 30 seconds and gave me some grief that "I told you I would be at Covells unless I told you otherwise". I responded I want to hear from you ever couple days or there will be a knock at their door. He wasn't happy at all. Then Shannon told me about 11:00 last night when she got home from work that he text her he would be home this morning.

He ate breakfast, passed out for 3 hours in DH's recliner and just left on his skateboard. Did say he would be back in a bout two hours. Not that I believe it.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 8, 2012
10:44 AM

Post #9299646

I think the band of DG angels are looking out for Scirocco! DH gave her some kibbles - which she ate & threw up. I gave her some water then. She drank and drank. And then perked up. Within an hour she was chasing down the mice in the folds of the blanket. DH thinks she was just not awake yet when she was so lethargic but I've never seen a cat not be able to come to full alertness from a deep sleep before. And she was not deeply asleep.

so... we're going to watch and see again. She is not exhibiting symptoms now I'm no inclined to try the vet again. We've spent a fortune on this problem with her so far and I believe its all related to fleas, its hard to be sure.

Debbie - Do you have Covell's phone number?

Bonnie - Please be careful driving (assuming you'll be cleared) when still groggy from those meds. You worry me dear lady.

Dianne - Happy Thanksgiving! I do hope you make it a happy one.

Pixel is on my lap. I guess we're discussing what is on the agenda for this afternoon. She was talking and talking when I came in the office with a cup of tea. Then she jumped up on the desk, said some more and now is giving me a message and purring up a storm. :-)

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 8, 2012
11:28 AM

Post #9299684

Now Tam, I don't have their number...it is unlisted. But do know where they live. He would be more fearful I showed up at the door than call...or send the sheriff over.

I have been trying to get kitty pictures, and they are uncooperative to say the least. Every time I go near, they perk up and run.

Did get a couple...but not the snuggle ones I wanted. Also I need to send my camera in, it isn't focusing right and looks like a condensation on inside of lense.

Darla with flowers, Marla on stairs...and Axl exhausted from kitten sitting.

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy      

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 8, 2012
11:48 AM

Post #9299701

Tam, I wonder if she could have had something stuck in her throat...limiting oxygen or such and vomiting helped get "whatever" out.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 8, 2012
1:36 PM

Post #9299794

Well, glad to hear that Scirroco is better without intervention from the vet.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 8, 2012
3:07 PM

Post #9299861

DM is home and they said I was right about what happened. Changed some of her meds. And I get to be a drill Sargent and make her do some exercises.

Sandy

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 8, 2012
3:45 PM

Post #9299912

Scirocco still seems fine. Whatever was her problem seems to be behind us. She slept a lot of the day but got up to play in the afternoon.

Debbie - Those two are adorable. I love the little bit of orange in Marla I believe. And Darla is simply darling! (pretty flowers too). I think you need that phone number, don't you?

Sandy - will you take her with you to the new gym?

Got in a workout today. I think I'm pretty much back to where I was a few months ago. Whew. Just gotta keep up with it.

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 8, 2012
4:00 PM

Post #9299924

Tam we still need to find out what is wrong with her intestine and then she will join

sandy
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 8, 2012
7:07 PM

Post #9300116

well, I am getting ready to go to bed. It will be a long day tomorrow, and I am having a hard time staying awake tonight.

I will check in tomorrow after I am home, I hope!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

October 8, 2012
7:16 PM

Post #9300122

BonnieB... me and the boys will be there with you tomorrow.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 8, 2012
7:26 PM

Post #9300127

Thanks terese.

Sandy, glad that you were right about the Blood sugar, and that you got DM seen at the hospital. Better safe than sorry.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 8, 2012
8:02 PM

Post #9300157

BonnieB, Izzy and the furbabies and I are packed and ready to go...we will all be with you. Thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Sandy, glad DM is back home.

Bonnie, thinking of you at your "night shift" and praying it goes well also.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 8, 2012
8:05 PM

Post #9300163

BonnieB, I hope you will be in a large room. (((HUGS)))

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

October 8, 2012
9:04 PM

Post #9300235

Here I am working my first shrift . Had a lot to learn tonight about the routine. Whew!

I was here when Ann called , the person whom she knew would take care of her when she moved to assisted living where Ann lives (Ann was calling to tell DM she had no intention f caring for her). DM told nHer she would be coming for a visit in early Nov because I was selling both of these houses and we were moving to FL!!!!!! I took the phone from DM and asked Ann to give me a few minutes. Ip reminded DM Of her plan to live near Ann . Ahhhhhh. Then it all came back to DM and Ann had the chance to tell DM she would be able to look after her if she moved to her city. Gheezzzze Louise!!!!!

Tam doc said I could drive as long as I was not taking the HC. he said everything looked good . Swelling should go down in another 7 days. Come back on 10/15 before leaving for the shores on the 16th to interview ALFs.

Debbie darling kittens. Thank u

I hope sleep is a reality for me tonight. I finished the beef veggie soup around 6:30 PM. Monique came over to help me divide it into small containers to cool down quickly before it spoiled. Once I stopped I hit the wall.

Feel so sorry for my boys all alone at night.

Gonna try to sleep now.

Bonnie

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

October 8, 2012
9:04 PM

Post #9300236

Here I am working my first shrift . Had a lot to learn tonight about the routine. Whew!

I was here when Ann called , the person whom she knew would take care of her when she moved to assisted living where Ann lives (Ann was calling to tell DM she had no intention f caring for her). DM told nHer she would be coming for a visit in early Nov because I was selling both of these houses and we were moving to FL!!!!!! I took the phone from DM and asked Ann to give me a few minutes. Ip reminded DM Of her plan to live near Ann . Ahhhhhh. Then it all came back to DM and Ann had the chance to tell DM she would be able to look after her if she moved to her city. Gheezzzze Louise!!!!!

Tam doc said I could drive as long as I was not taking the HC. he said everything looked good . Swelling should go down in another 7 days. Come back on 10/15 before leaving for the shores on the 16th to interview ALFs.

Debbie darling kittens. Thank u

I hope sleep is a reality for me tonight. I finished the beef veggie soup around 6:30 PM. Monique came over to help me divide it into small containers to cool down quickly before it spoiled. Once I stopped I hit the wall.

Feel so sorry for my boys all alone at night.

Gonna try to sleep now.

Bonnie

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 9, 2012
2:39 AM

Post #9300304

Good morning! Brrrr, its cold outside this morning! My windshield had its first frost, although the car thermometer showed 37F.

Dianne, Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you had a wonderful day. Did you have guests?

(((((BonnieB))))), you are in my thoughts and prayers today. Getting my dog herd and we'll be there with you all th eway through the surgery!

(((((Bonnie)))))), I hope your DM was good last night so you could sleep. Thinking of you, girlfriend!

Tam, poor Scirocco...that must have been scary ! What a relief she recovered and got back to herself again.

Vicki, I hope all goes well with the c section for your boss' DD.

Elsie, are you feeling better?

((((((Debbie))))))), glad you could vent about Paul being so selfish...they are sometimes, aren't they? Too bad that happens exactly when you need them the most! You must have been so relieved when Shane came home, although he didn't bother to call for so many days. My DS also does that, not for so many days...because I can't stay that long without knowing where he is and he answers when I call...then when I call him he says "I knew you would call anyway"...sheesh!
Strange thing about Johnny's book...I had goose bumps when I read that... and they're coming back right now...I am relieved though that nothing bad happened in that house with the bad spirits. I told you before about our custom of giving food cherish for the dead. This happens several times a year, at some special religious events or at the anniversary of the dead's birthday or death day. Everytime when one of these dates approach, I get "signals" from our dead(I "know" it's my MIL and DH's DGM). About a week before the "date" when I'm supposed to give the food cherish, I start dropping food down the floor...like a whole flour bag, or slices of bread with butter on or cup of coffee spilled all over...my MIL loved hot coffee!LOL

Sandy, your pics are so beautiful, especially the sunset...or it was a sunrise? Glad that your Mom is back home. Sending hugs and prayers. Smooches for Andre!

Waving to all! posting some pics of Nicholas in the park my DD sent yesterday.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti         

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 9, 2012
3:35 AM

Post #9300314

Morning everyone. Very dark here at 6:34am and very very quite with out the brat

BonnieB we will be there for you

Bonnie{hugs}

Adina it was a sun set

waving at everyone

Sandy

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

October 9, 2012
4:59 AM

Post #9300343

Right there with you BonnieB. Stetson is warming up the choir.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

October 9, 2012
5:15 AM

Post #9300352

Good morning. The night was uneventful. Thank you God. I actually slept. Having tea and toast waiting for Monique to take over. I am going home to a kitchen that is a wreck from making the soup yesterday.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

October 9, 2012
5:57 AM

Post #9300375

Morning all! Been up for a bit organizing everyone for our trip to be with BonnieB. Sure glad these dogs are not vain ay all or I would never get out of here!!! lol

Bonnie I am so glad your first evening went by reltaively qietly for you. I was envisioning all sorts of things happening so your DM could yank your chain Whew! Hope every night shift is as uneventful as this first one proved to be. Bet the boys are missing you!!

Went to a friend 's home down the road for a Thanksgiving Lunch yesterday. It was wonderful. Came home with turkey for sandwiches too. The best part!!!! Very low key celebration which made it ever so much easier for me to handle. I was invivted by another neighbour to join them for a 6 course meal at the local Golf Club but just wasn't up to that one. I am sure it was lovely time.

Bears are popping their very cute but most unwanted heads up all along our lane and township road.. Sure don't want them on my property. Well - at least when I am out and about. Guess that would explain the paw print I saw down by the lake in the wee hours of yesterday. morning.

Well I had best get a hustle on. Have an appointment in K at the Bank to settle what I hope is the last of Warren's affairs with them.say is I am sure glad he believed in the "sock method" of banking.
Enjoy your day everyone!!!

My spelling skills are preceded only by my inability to use the spell checker this morning - sure hope you all can make sense out of this post.

Dianne

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 9, 2012
6:05 AM

Post #9300385

Good Morning!

Woke up in the middle of the night upset that I'd forgotten to ask BonnieB to be sure there was plenty of room for my crew there in the room with her! I sure hope someone posts for you if you are not up to it when you are out of surgery! THinking of you today!

Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 9, 2012
6:17 AM

Post #9300392

BonnieB Ty and I are on our way. Hope we make it intime!

Will be back. I am just ready to crawl back into bed!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 9, 2012
6:35 AM

Post #9300411

Good morning,

BonnieB, we are all with you...even the baby kitties wanted to come.

Bonnie, glad your first night went well. Rest as much as possible today.

Adina, I remember you telling me those traditions, they are very good ones.

I wasn't meaning to vent about DH...was trying to tell BonnieB I understood about her DH and what my DH had done in the past. Guess my
babbling went overboard...sorry for that. I am a much stronger...and more vocal...person now and do not tolerate what I used too.

Vicki...Move over, I will crawl back in with you.

I showered and I swear the end of my hair has started to freeze from being outside. My gosh, quite the chilly one!

DH has another funeral/viewing tonight so will be home late.

Could you please just keep my cousin's daughter Sara in your prayers. Sara is...late 20's/early 30's...and is now on Hospice care.
She has a mass in her brain and it is not responding to any treatments. She had surgery several months ago to no avail. Such a talented, young
vibrant girl she has always been...so musically gifted.

OK, going for coffee.
I have a thermos to bring for us all in the OR with BonnieB.

Debbie

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 9, 2012
6:50 AM

Post #9300421

Hope it is a huge thermos Deb!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 9, 2012
6:56 AM

Post #9300428

Of course it is! And blueberry muffins.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 9, 2012
7:42 AM

Post #9300478

Debbie No problem with your venting. I understand where you are coming from because my not so dear dad was just like that and maybe worse-will not go into that.

BonnieB we will be there
Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

October 9, 2012
7:52 AM

Post #9300484

Just had a phone call from my Decorating Den rep who I used for drapes, bedspreads, etc. in this Katy house. She and her son, the installer, are coming today to reinstall a window blind that had to be replaced. She started out asking if I knew a good Katy realtor. Her friend bought a home that isn't working out and she wants to buy something else. I mentioned that the only realtor I know lives here in my development and pretty much sells whatever comes on the market in here. She said her friend would be looking in my development. Could this be one of those "it never happens to me" deals where her friend might actually like one of my two houses here and we could complete a transaction without a realtor???? I have a good feeling about this.

Dianne I am so thrilled to hear that you were able to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday with good friends yesterday. I know Warren was proud of you, too. Hoping that this is the last bit of business relating to W's passing.

Vicki, Debbie, move over...slumber party right after Bonnie B's procedure. Prayers for your cousin, Sara, Deb,

Guess I had better shower so I can get my kitchen cleaned up and work in a pumping session before Martha and Mark arrive with the blind.

BBL,
Bonnie

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 9, 2012
12:41 PM

Post #9300738

I started us a new thread, figured we would all be busy checking on both of our Bonnies and
keeping up with the daily activities.

Debbie

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1284089/

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1284089/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Pets Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Does Anyone Show Dogs?? momcat 154 Jul 29, 2009 9:01 PM
How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? gardenwife 20 Oct 2, 2009 7:10 PM
mourning DawnG 26 Jul 16, 2010 10:38 AM
Bertha got a hair cut!! MOLLYBEE 10 Aug 8, 2011 11:49 AM
Fritzie meets (& almost eats) Santa Claus Buttoneer 22 Sep 3, 2009 11:46 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America