drop frames.

Stafford, VA(Zone 7a)

This is a piece that I used a frame I think I got at Wal-Mart.

Deb

Thumbnail by mommacat11
Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA(Zone 9a)

Is the color from glaze, or did you marble red and while clays? Whatever it is, I LOVE it.

Stafford, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi Ima!
I am now into combining clays. I use red, white and black clays! I am also trying my hand at agate ware using the three clays.

Deb.

Looks fantastic!

Stafford, VA(Zone 7a)

My agate bowls are drying I am hoping to fire them tomorrow.
Deb

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

All that gorgeous agate-ware... I swear you moved to Montana, MommaDeb!

Stafford, VA(Zone 7a)

Montana??
Deb

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Montana is "famous" for their agate ware. So's the region of Canada just north of there...

Stafford, VA(Zone 7a)

do you have any potters name that also do agateware?

deb

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Try just Googling agateware and see what pictures come up. There's some pretty impressive stuff! I found this link to an article on Ceramic Arts Daily what's pretty spectacular...

http://ceramicartsdaily.org/ceramic-supplies/pottery-clay/how-to-create-agateware-pottery-using-colored-clays-and-a-plaster-press-mold/

Stafford, VA(Zone 7a)

I use that article like a Bible!! I printed it out and use it all the time!
Deb

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

LOL! I think anyone who has worked with clay and not discovered C.A.D. yet can't even call themselves a beginner... :)

I found this nice piece of agate-marbled Canadian pottery at a yard sale last weekend, but haven't been able to ID it yet, save it was made by someone with the last name Johnstone in Canada... It's not true agateware in the sense where the clay bodies were actually mixed together to make a marbled body, but agateware in the sense that the redware body was finished with slips and glaze in the leatherhard state.

Thumbnail by Plants4myPots Thumbnail by Plants4myPots
Stafford, VA(Zone 7a)

I like the design in the mug!
deb

Oooh---I think that's quilled, which is something I've always intended to try. Picked up a nice sturdy hawk feather the other day on a walk with a dog. I'll have to put it to use.

Did my first drop-frame piece today. We'll see.....

Stafford, VA(Zone 7a)

I got my three ordered frames on Friday. The guy is slow making them but at least they arrived. I have already made tree and are drying. I can't wait to see yours!!!!

Deb

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images