Photo by Melody

Welcome Mat: A friendly wave from the Midwest.....

Communities > Forums > Welcome Mat
bookmark
Forum: Welcome MatReplies: 3, Views: 31
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
autumn_prepper
Northern Lake County, IL
(Zone 5a)

October 4, 2012
5:04 PM

Post #9296093

Hello everyone. I thought I would introduce myself rather than just come in blindly to the forums. I am gardening in zone 5A and started gardening off and on a few years ago..I thought this year I would start my prepper square foot garden...Ya right!!! Nope the drought had better ideas for me..so hopefully next year will be better..so this winter I can look for heirloom seed that I would like to add to my garden and seed storage.

I'm a wife of 22 yrs and a mom to a jack Russell. As well as a breast cancer survivor.
I'm not much of a crafter but would like to take up one someday.What I do enjoy doing is birdwatching and pretty much anything outdoors,genealogy,cooking/baking and canning,traveling.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Autumn_Prepper.
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 4, 2012
6:41 PM

Post #9296174

Welcome to davesgarden, Autumn_Prepper! You'll find lots of helpful folks here. Enjoy!
autumn_prepper
Northern Lake County, IL
(Zone 5a)

October 4, 2012
7:06 PM

Post #9296212

We will be down I knob creek next weekend...looking forward to the drive.
Thanks for the welcome
DaylilyOma
Harrod, OH

October 7, 2012
10:21 PM

Post #9299168

Hello, autumn_prepper
Welcome to DG. I am new here also and like you, I am learning my way around a little bit at a time. There are many very nice people here and they are helpful.
I also had BC and you know as well as I do that it was no fun. I am just glad to be alive to tell it. God helped me through the whole ordeal one day at a time.
I enjoy daylilies and have had them for lots and lots of years. Numerous health issues have kept me from tending the beds the past couple of years but I sure hope to be able to care for them this spring.
We have two long beds with fifty named cultivars. I purchased mine many years ago and I still have all I started out with.
My husband doesn't know it yet but I do have a wish list, LOL!
Chat any time you wish. I am a listening ear!
Oma

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Welcome Mat Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Introduction pearl 12 Jun 14, 2007 3:08 PM
Louisiana crawdad360 26 May 21, 2009 4:35 PM
Hi Everyone.... From the Chesapeake Bay Area Chesapeake 11 Jun 15, 2008 4:12 PM
Greetings from NE Kansas! azurebloom 11 Sep 29, 2008 1:04 AM
Hello from the Caribbean knotimpaired 14 Sep 3, 2007 7:03 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America