Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Welcome Mat: A friendly wave from the Midwest.....

Communities > Forums > Welcome Mat
bookmark
Forum: Welcome MatReplies: 3, Views: 31
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
autumn_prepper
Northern Lake County, IL
(Zone 5a)

October 4, 2012
5:04 PM

Post #9296093

Hello everyone. I thought I would introduce myself rather than just come in blindly to the forums. I am gardening in zone 5A and started gardening off and on a few years ago..I thought this year I would start my prepper square foot garden...Ya right!!! Nope the drought had better ideas for me..so hopefully next year will be better..so this winter I can look for heirloom seed that I would like to add to my garden and seed storage.

I'm a wife of 22 yrs and a mom to a jack Russell. As well as a breast cancer survivor.
I'm not much of a crafter but would like to take up one someday.What I do enjoy doing is birdwatching and pretty much anything outdoors,genealogy,cooking/baking and canning,traveling.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Autumn_Prepper.
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 4, 2012
6:41 PM

Post #9296174

Welcome to davesgarden, Autumn_Prepper! You'll find lots of helpful folks here. Enjoy!
autumn_prepper
Northern Lake County, IL
(Zone 5a)

October 4, 2012
7:06 PM

Post #9296212

We will be down I knob creek next weekend...looking forward to the drive.
Thanks for the welcome
DaylilyOma
Harrod, OH

October 7, 2012
10:21 PM

Post #9299168

Hello, autumn_prepper
Welcome to DG. I am new here also and like you, I am learning my way around a little bit at a time. There are many very nice people here and they are helpful.
I also had BC and you know as well as I do that it was no fun. I am just glad to be alive to tell it. God helped me through the whole ordeal one day at a time.
I enjoy daylilies and have had them for lots and lots of years. Numerous health issues have kept me from tending the beds the past couple of years but I sure hope to be able to care for them this spring.
We have two long beds with fifty named cultivars. I purchased mine many years ago and I still have all I started out with.
My husband doesn't know it yet but I do have a wish list, LOL!
Chat any time you wish. I am a listening ear!
Oma

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Welcome Mat Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Introduction pearl 12 Jun 14, 2007 3:08 PM
Louisiana crawdad360 26 May 21, 2009 4:35 PM
Hi Everyone.... From the Chesapeake Bay Area Chesapeake 11 Jun 15, 2008 4:12 PM
Greetings from NE Kansas! azurebloom 11 Sep 29, 2008 1:04 AM
Hello from the Caribbean knotimpaired 14 Sep 3, 2007 7:03 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America