Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Heirloom Vegetables: New to heirloom seeds

Communities > Forums > Heirloom Vegetables
bookmark
Forum: Heirloom VegetablesReplies: 4, Views: 120
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
autumn_prepper
Northern Lake County, IL
(Zone 5a)

October 4, 2012
5:29 PM

Post #9296125

Hello everyone. I thought I would introduce myself rather than just come in blindly to the forums. I am gardening in zone 5A and started gardening off and on a few years ago..I thought this year I would start my prepper square foot garden...Ya right!!! Nope the drought had better ideas for me..so hopefully next year will be better..so this winter I can look for heirloom seed that I would like to add to my garden and seed storage.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Autumn_Prepper.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

October 4, 2012
6:16 PM

Post #9296149

I started to say hello on another forum to you, and got distracted ,So Hello !!! how are you and what are a few you might be looking for?Have you seen wintersown.org? Interesting place to look at tomatoes anyway, (vegie seeds there also)
I am sure there are DGer"s here that are willing to help with whatever you might be looking for'
Well. once again welcome and we will talk again I am sure.

RickCorey_WA

RickCorey_WA
Everett, WA
(Zone 8a)

October 9, 2012
7:20 PM

Post #9301080

Good luck, and I'll see you around the forums!

I just STARTED to acumulate gadgets for drip & spray irrigating this summer ... too bad I didn't start a year ago.

terri_emory
Alba, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 15, 2012
12:00 PM

Post #9306110

Greetings and Howdie'Do, autumn_prepper. Do check out the winter sowing forum here on Dave's. It really does work and it helps take advantage of the fall seed sales and/or trades.

Got some drip stuff previous season during the TX 100 year drought and more this past season. A good investment.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

April 26, 2013
7:42 PM

Post #9498504

Only plant that did well here in last years drought was Broad ripple currant , the Gardener's delight or Sugar lump plant did okay handling the lack of water and the 100 degree temperatures ,
Still watered them some, not much though...

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Heirloom Vegetables Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Fermentation Brook 56 Oct 13, 2008 10:56 PM
Carolyn, Tell Us Please..... Brook 22 May 19, 2014 7:30 PM
Antique Ornamentals anyone? planman38104 55 Feb 24, 2009 6:05 PM
Does anyone grow Crinums? planman38104 18 May 28, 2008 11:44 PM
Your absolute favorite heirloom tomato Phred 321 Jul 30, 2011 7:54 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America