Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

SOLVED: Please ID these plants.

Rawalpindi, Pakistan(Zone 9a)

These two plants were found growing in the wild but they do look familiar.
Regards.

Thumbnail by KAMasud Thumbnail by KAMasud Thumbnail by KAMasud Thumbnail by KAMasud
San Francisco, CA

the second one is a sp. of Impatiens

edited to say: may be I. pallida

This message was edited Oct 5, 2012 1:03 PM

Will have to agree with Impatiens pallida. Thank you even though i am confused about one aspect. How is a plant reported in US growing wild in Asia?
Regards.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Same way plants native to Asia show up growing in the wild in the US--someone plants some in their garden, then they reseed and get out into the wild. But there are other species of Impatiens that are native to Asia so perhaps yours is one of those rather than I. pallida.

Bretten, Germany

#1 maybe Strobilanthes. Perhaps Strobilanthes rankanensis or Str. attenuata?
http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=Strobilanthes+rankanensis&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&biw=1845&bih=1023&wrapid=tlif134964415346310&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=iO9xUN2XN4bhtQbIhYGQCA .

The Impatiens also could be Imp. edgeworthii or Imp. scabrida.

toronto, Canada

Im working on a school project and need help identifying these plants/grasses. Any help is appreciated, Thank you.

Thumbnail by student2332 Thumbnail by student2332 Thumbnail by student2332
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Student2332, please start a new thread and put your pictures on it.

Thanks all of you. suse i am attaching a few pictures which are Strobilanthes rankanensis i think.
Regards,
Masud.

Thumbnail by KAMasud Thumbnail by KAMasud Thumbnail by KAMasud

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.