Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Will It Be tonite?

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Having missed the last flush of blooms on this same QOTN. I've one last bloom for the growing season to enjoy. Will it open tonite? I'll be watching.

Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love
Deep Run, NC(Zone 7b)

I'm tracking 5 or 6 strictum blooms tonight. Missed two someway last night even though I checked. I'll post any I might catch. One's below are from last time. bob

Thumbnail by orchidman1 Thumbnail by orchidman1 Thumbnail by orchidman1 Thumbnail by orchidman1
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

The strictum blooms are equally intriguing Bob, thanks for sharing that with us and other. This year mine didn't bloom for some reason.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Here goes, I won't be able to stay up for this to fully open tonite for I've a 5K run in early morning.... So Bob, it's up to you to bring the blooms into the thread. lol

My QOTN's at this hour;

Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love
Deep Run, NC(Zone 7b)

I love the way the "star" fills the opening in your first picture!
It's a good night in Coastal North Carolina for Strictum bloom and the aroma is nice indeed. Five blooms tonight on this plants fourth blooming this year..

Thumbnail by orchidman1 Thumbnail by orchidman1 Thumbnail by orchidman1 Thumbnail by orchidman1 Thumbnail by orchidman1
Nashville, TN(Zone 6b)

Beautiful blooms.

Mine look like they are still a week away. Hope they hurry before we get frost and I have to move them inside.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Betty, do post your pics. to share their beauty when in blooms. Saturday morning, Jim woke up before I did, he was able to catch the flower in full bloom. I got up around 5:30 in the morning, and the flower was beginning to close up. :((

Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love
Santa Ana, CA(Zone 10b)

Is it normal for you folks on the east coast to get fall blooms? I've never seen mine do that before this year. I noticed 2 buds on my Epi. oxy last week, but totally missed the blooms.

Deep Run, NC(Zone 7b)

With strictum and oxy, fall blooms are most common though I also have earlier blooms. bob

Thumbnail by orchidman1 Thumbnail by orchidman1 Thumbnail by orchidman1
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Yes, I do get multiple flushes of blooms with my Oxy as well. Bob, those are so beautiful!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.