Nong nooch vine won't flower

Lakeland, FL(Zone 10a)

Pictured is my Nong Nooch vine. It is about 6' tall and in a 10 g pot and has not flowered. I have seen much smaller ones in hanging pots that bloom profusely. Any idea on why it will not flower? Do they need to be pot bound?

David. Fl

Thumbnail by popper1
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Did you grow it from seed? I don't know about this plant specifically, but sometimes seed-grown plants take a lot longer to bloom than cutting-grown plants.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Should also add...other things to look at would be sun & fertilizing habits. If yours isn't getting the proper amount of light it might not flower, and too much fertilizer (especially nitrogen) can stimulate lots of green growth at the expense of flowers.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Send it to me, Popper! Mine died a couple of years ago and I haven't found another affordable one. I'm not sure why yours doesn't bloom - mine was much smaller and bloomed well - kept it in the greenhouse most of the year.

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

The pot size might be a clue there....I've found they like to be a bit pot bound. Needs very bright light to a few hours of early am direct sun, with some filtered shade in the afternoon in the summer. Mine blooms mostly in summer, once temps drop down in fall and winter it sorta just sits there. Ecrane is right about the fertilizer also, use a bloom booster in spring early summer or you'll get all growth and little to no bloom.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 10a)

I did wonder if it was the pot size. I moved it for winter and saw roots coming ot the bottom so it has filled the pot. I'm going to you a bloom booster in the spring and hope for the best-

Thanks much-

David

Miami, FL

Is this Telosma cordata?

Lakeland, FL(Zone 10a)

No, it is Petraeovitex bambusetorum, my Telosma cordata booms fine.

David

Marco Island, FL(Zone 10b)

Water profusely-one of mine gets morning sun and the other afternoon sun. They are hanging in ""courtyard"" at the back door, surrounded by concrete--outside and house garage and concrete drive. Have started watering heavily every other day--will do every day in high summer-- and they look great!

Lakeland, FL(Zone 10a)

It is blooming finally this spring, as you can see. My T mysorensis is also flowering very well too.

David

Thumbnail by popper1 Thumbnail by popper1
Lakeland, FL(Zone 10a)

It is really flowering well this year!

Thumbnail by popper1

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.