Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Forest Pansy Redbud seeds to give away

Oquawka, IL(Zone 5a)

I have a Forest Pansy Redbud that has a LOT of seeds this year. Anybody interested in some? Send me a d-mail with your address and I'll gladly send them to you.

Rose

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

Rose ~ I would love to have a 'Forest Pansy' redbud. I do have a question for you. Have you ever grown any from seed before?? I know that this is a hybrid, and I am wondering about how the seedlings come out. Do you have to select for the dark leaves among the seedlings, or are the seeds sterile? Do you have any self-sown seedlings in your yard?

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

I was wondering those same things. Maybe seeing that it's a hybrid, might not come true from seeds.

Karen

Most likely. She says she hasn't got any seedlings...

Oquawka, IL(Zone 5a)

Sorry, haven't been on for a while. I've never tried any from seeds, but I know that there are seedlings growing in the bed that the tree is in. But, I also have two American Redbuds (I think that's what they are). I try to dig them up because there are so many growing in this bed. So, I honestly don't know if they will grow true from seed.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

I often find redbud seedlings here and there. I have about 4 eastern redbuds. I dig and pot up the seedlings to sell.

Karen

Yeah...I was just curious if anyone actually had any 'Forest Pansy' seedlings and if they came true with their leaf color. That would be great, but I doubt it...

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Please! I would love some Forest Pansy Redbud seeds! Hopefully you have some left.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.