Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: My Toxic, Painful Garden Revisited: pruning considerations: Where are your loppers?

Communities > Forums > Article: My Toxic, Painful Garden Revisited: pruning considerations
bookmark
Forum: Article: My Toxic, Painful Garden Revisited: pruning considerationsReplies: 1, Views: 17
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
pipeladi
St Augustine, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 8, 2012
8:47 AM

Post #9299522

Great and informative article, thank you. I can't imagine having to prune that much!
I'm curious why your photos of pruners, saws and sissors are missing loppers. Besides a regular pair, I found telescoping (bypass) loppers at Big Lots a couple of years ago and they are great! I use them on my large Sagos and some palms - anything small enough for them to get with one or two cuts or too large for prunners - the tool reaches in and slices off old bottom leaves without hurting me - (long sleeves and gloves are still a given). You are too knowledgable for me to be saying this - so perhaps I'm missing something - but if you really aren't using a pair, I'd recommend a trip to the store.

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

October 8, 2012
2:06 PM

Post #9299814

probably a very good idea, and I may have to got out and get some... would be good for Sago palms and the like!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: My Toxic, Painful Garden Revisited: pruning considerations Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Ouch. gloria125 0 Oct 3, 2012 6:33 AM
What a huge piece of work! steadycam3 0 Oct 3, 2012 11:00 PM
Great advice! Thanks, love your articles gardenergrow 0 Oct 8, 2012 7:05 AM
Great article Palmbob sherizona 2 Oct 9, 2012 11:58 PM
WOW WOW ALL I CAN SAY Disanti 1 Oct 8, 2012 12:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America