Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Dave's coming to Sugarland!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

If anyone is interested, a friend of mine who works for the Houston Chronicle sent me this. Janet

Sugar Land Garden Club is having its monthly meeting on Tuesday, November 20, at the Knights of Columbus Hall, 702 Burney Rd., Sugar Land 77478. Social hour begins at 9:30 am, and the program is at 10:00 am. Dave Whitinger will present the program, Innovative Gardening Techniques and How to Use the Internet to Be a Better Gardener. Whitinger, creator of davesgarden.com, allthingsplants.com and linuxtoday.com, wears many hats. Hes both an avid gardener and a computer expert. His fun and exciting presentation will enhance our gardening knowledge with hands on techniques and internet tips. Sugar Land Garden Club welcomes anyone to its meetings. For further information, visit www.sugarlandgardenclub.org .

Sincerely yours,
Joyce Jackson
Publicity SLGC

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

Im interested, Janet. I will see if I can arrange things so I can come.

Fulshear, TX(Zone 9b)

I'm interested as well and will try to make it.

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

thanks for the info, Janet. I am going to try to attend.

Dallas, TX

Where is Sugarland?

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Sugar Land is a southwest suburb of Houston.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I just emailed the Sugar Land garden club to see if membership is required, just to make sure we don't have any surprises! I looked at their website and their club looks very interesting.

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

website says that membership is not required, but still a good idea to double-check:)

Tyler, TX(Zone 8b)

He's speaking tomorrow here in Tyler at the Master Garden's fall bulb sale.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Here's Dave and Trish - aren't they a handsome couple?!:

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

They said no membership required and want us all to come!

Kay, is that "the" Dave? He's so young!! And who is Trish? His wife?

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Yes, that's OUR DAVE and his wife, Trish - they grew Dave's Garden from just a few of us til a few years ago, when they left. I don't know what went on - just know they are really, REALLY missed!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.