What is your best source for gardening advice?

(Zone 7a)
There are a total of 98 votes:

My local Extension Service.
(4 votes, 4%)
Red dot

Garden magazines.
(0 votes, 0%)
Red dot

Friends and relatives.
(3 votes, 3%)
Red dot

The internet.
(29 votes, 29%)
Red dot

The library.
(1 votes, 1%)
Red dot

Dave's Garden!
(45 votes, 45%)
Red dot

Other (tell us!)
(16 votes, 16%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

of course i said Dave's Garden!

i also have to put a plug in for my favorite gardening book, The Southern Living Garden Book. couldn't survive without DG and TSLGB. well, i'd survive but it wouldn't be much fun........

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I use all of them to find information I need.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I get helpful information here & also help others when I can.
Bernie

Concord, CA(Zone 9b)

The Sunset Western Garden Book is my Bible, but Dave's Garden is the preacher.

Colima, Mexico(Zone 11)

I had to vote "Other" because mostly i get my information from Dave's Garden and other sources on the internet (in that order of course)!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I voted DG and would say experience of self. Seems we all enjoy this site of forums with our other material resources, the books, the net , etc,etc, Of others I think the growers and their Dept of Agriculture information is what I go for, When I can get to them!!!!

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

DavesGarden AND the internet.

Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

Dave's Garden and the Internet. I have canceled most of my magazine subscriptions.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

The ground. I plant it, watch and see how it fares and if it doesn't last long I know not to plant it again.

bertrand, Canada

I said DG for sure...I'm relatively new to gardening and I always visit here for info! I used to be signed up for rodales organic gardening mag but that was just for reading long ago before I got a computer. DG for me mow and very happy with it!
Pepper23...Ilike your method! :)

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Voting 'other' but it is really 'all of the above'.

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Of course, Dave's is one of my number one go-to sources, especially my mid-south friends. But I do go to my 'Easy Gardens of the South' book, a few internet sites, and occasionally use the extension service or Alabama Gardening magazine's advice. Well, that really boils down to 'all of the above'.

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

DG, friends and family AND Garden magazines. Plus I never miss the opportunity to see Melinda Myers. She has given me excellent advice over the past 7 years................

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I vote other my favorite is AHS books (AHS is American Horticultural Society), other gardening books and library...Also Dave's Garden!

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

oh yeah I have that also. In fact, I have two versions. I got one in 2001 and and updated one in 2007. Forgot about those.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I voted "friends and relatives" but it's actually a DG friend who has been most helpful. Thanks, JD.

Seldom do I even look at my many gardening books since computers arrived. They are good for snowy days in winter.

Dave's Garden has been a blessing and I love reading the experiences others have had with plants I'm growing, have grown or have killed. Experience is the best teacher and DG people do share their successes and failures so we can avoid their mistakes and accept their help with our gardens.

Colima, Mexico(Zone 11)

Nicely said pirl and i agree 100% :-D

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Thanks. I don't have the time or patience to deal with other gardening sites and repeat the same things endlessly so DG is where I am happy and where I intend to stay.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Other: garden books

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Mine is all of the above. My favorite is DG.
Vickie

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I said other....I do use Dave's a LOT, but I am in two garden clubs with many master gardeners, and I learn so much there!

Beautiful, BC(Zone 9b)

I voted Internet but it really comes down to a combination of internet, DG, books and learning from others in person.

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I voted "Other" because "All of the above" was not an option. When I need info on a plant, I check all those choices one by one and then, I make a mental spaghetti model of all those recommendations; much like the weather people use to forecast the path of a hurricane. Often, what one source will describe as a full sun plant requiring lots of water, another source will classify as drought tolerant and partial sunlight. Having multiple sources allows me to average all the recommendations. It's a start, I guess.

Sylvain.

Edgewater, FL(Zone 9a)

Dave's garden,the internet,friends and relatives.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.