Photo by Melody

Article: My Toxic, Painful Garden Revisited: pruning considerations: Amazing garden

Communities > Forums > Article: My Toxic, Painful Garden Revisited: pruning considerations
bookmark
Forum: Article: My Toxic, Painful Garden Revisited: pruning considerationsReplies: 1, Views: 15
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
birdsnbeeskc
Kansas City, MO
(Zone 5b)

October 8, 2012
7:52 PM

Post #9300151

Thank you Palmbob for the great article and pics of your amazing garden full of my favorite plants. A couple of things I would like to share.
When pruning or planting cactus and other mean plants, try a full sheet of newspaper folded in half several times the long way used as a kind of sling to support the weight and stabilize the plant. You can really control it without touching it or getting too close but may need two for a larger plant.
To get those nasty little glochids out, spread some Elmer's glue over the area, let it dry and peel it off slowly. You may have to repeat the process but it will get most of them out.
Happy gardening

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

October 9, 2012
7:08 AM

Post #9300445

thanks for the suggestions!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: My Toxic, Painful Garden Revisited: pruning considerations Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Ouch. gloria125 0 Oct 3, 2012 6:33 AM
What a huge piece of work! steadycam3 0 Oct 3, 2012 11:00 PM
Great advice! Thanks, love your articles gardenergrow 0 Oct 8, 2012 7:05 AM
Great article Palmbob sherizona 2 Oct 9, 2012 11:58 PM
Where are your loppers? pipeladi 1 Oct 8, 2012 2:06 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America