Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Lorra
Indianapolis, IN

October 9, 2012
8:22 AM

Post #9300515

A 4-leaf clover sort of jumps at me as I walk by. Frequently I cannot find it when I go back. I often can go back later to the same plant and find another. Sometimes there will be several in the same patch. I have saved seeds to grow them, and it didn’t work. Wonder if a red clover could be transplanted …?

My greatest single find was a patch of white clover close to the house. They were tiny from being repeatedly mowed. One ‘jumped’ at me and when I went to pick it – there was another one! I sat down and plucked the nearly perfect little cuties until I had 50, then it wasn't so much fun anymore. The next summer the patch had moved a wee bit but was still there. I never found another in that patch. Probably because I was trying too hard.

I seldom can intentionally find one. I believe it is the asymmetrical form that snags my attention. Oh, my mother had the same ‘talent’. Since moving to the suburbs I seldom find any. Too much ‘lawn’.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 10, 2012
11:45 AM

Post #9301611

That is so wonderful! Thanks for sharing. I think any clover can be transplanted and then it will invade your garden!LOL

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: My Lucky Four-leaf Clover Patch Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Lucky Four Leaf Clover Patch SingingWolf 1 Oct 3, 2012 12:23 PM
Grew up with a Four Leaf Patch! LhasaLover 1 Oct 3, 2012 12:24 PM
Four Leaf Clover Patch gardengirl86 1 Oct 8, 2012 4:03 AM
Even More Leaves Possible the_naturalist 3 Oct 14, 2012 9:12 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America