How was your day? #362

Lyndonville, NY

We came over from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1283213/

Come on in, have a chat.....some coffee and tell us How was your day? How are the furbabies?

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy
Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

I thought I'd check in to see if there was any news from BonnieB. I don't believe she posted the time of her surgery but I could have missed it. Does anyone know?

Thanks for the new thread & the pretty kitty & flowers' pic Debbie!
Tam

Lyndonville, NY

I thought she had to be there early this morning!

Want to see something funny......that is Axl above....

and this is his "mini-me" Darla. I know it is same picture I posted yesterday....but the two of them are hysterical.

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

Tam, I just rescanned previous thread. BonnieB's surgery was this morning at 10:00....if they were on schedule/time.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I think BonnieB only posted last night.

debbie - i was going to say what a gorgeous pic of Darla [i checked, no white paws]
~~ stunning image of Axl.

chilly rainy and just that bone chilling cold today.

worked today... i think i work every day but Sunday.

Lyndonville, NY

The girls are still tiny....Darla was the runt, no doubt and is just catching up to her sister is size. Axl is two now and quite the..umm...big boned baby.

BonnieB posted last week about her pre-op exam and that it was at 10:00 today on a post to Melva.

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Debbie, LOve the pictures!! Thanks for the new thread.

I hope that BonnieB is just fine and is not home yet.

Bonnie, I hope all the evenings go smoothly at your Dm's. It sure would be nice if that person bought one of your homes.

Dianne, that's great you went out for Thanksgiving. I hope things went well today.

Sandy, I hope your Mom is feeling better. Does she have something to take when she feels bad like that?

There is a video online showing a guest on QVC - she got woozy and passed out on air. The QVC guy just kept on with his selling. Didn't even miss a beat. They said it was low blood sugar and she is fine.

I went to the doctor today - I have a strong antibiotic. He said my ears are inflamed. I had no idea. But my head feels like it might explode. I was suppose to leave work at 3:15 for a 3:45 appointment. I left work at 2:45. After about 5 minutes I realized it and felt like an idiot. But it worked out well. The doctor saw me early and I left and picked up my new glasses.

I love my new glasses except I can't see very well. I may have to go back and have another eye exam. Like I haven't spent enough money.

Did you catch 60 minutes on Sunday? An Italian company Luxottica makes almost every brand of eyeglass frames in the US. And they own RayBan, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision and Lenscrafters. So they have a big monopoly in the eyeglass business. After they took over Rayban - they went from $30.00 a pair to $150.00. I thought most of the glasses were made in the US.

The grocery store I shop in has been doing some renovations - yesterday when I went there most of the aisles were moved. A fellow shopper and I were wondering where they were hiding the bread. But we found it. It was moved right at the front door - now it is at the other end of the store. It would be nice if they could leave some notes around. hehe

Lyndonville, NY

Elsie, my eye doctor told me....do not put your new glasses on or new contacts in, until you get up the next morning. Your eyes will not be "adjusted" to the old pair....and you will adjust better. SO, take them off....and wait til the morning and put them on when you first get up. It worked for DH too who couldn't see with his new ones.

Bet BonnieB came home and went to sleep, which would be the best thing for her, hope she isn't trying to fix dinner and let the dogs out!!!

Elsie,, how is Teddy, you haven't mentioned him lately.

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Debbie, Teddy wasn't at work yesterday - day off for the holiday. He was there today. I asked him to sit for a cookie and he rolled over.

I had the leave the other pair of glasses there. The guy at the optical place said if the rx changes they will make the lenses up again for free. They really are good with the customer service. And I got to keep the fancy eyeglass case that the other frames came with.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Elsie... i never watch 20/20 but Dh had it on. I watched and honestly, was appalled - basically 'screwing' the folks who need glasses.... Makes me want to get mine at walmart.

took a well deserved nap... i hate having them so late, as i can't get back to bed at a decent hr. think I woke up about 7:15pm.

The rain stopped.... DH is watching DVDs, he's on the 2nd one now.

I'm editing / formatting mailing labels for the Spring mailing.

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Sorry to keep you folks waiting, but the general anesthetic didn't wear off, and I am still woozy. We got home about 3:00 and I have slept off and on all afternoon. A neighbor delivered supper tonight, baked chicken, green beans and corn. DH sliced a tomato and that is what we had. No cooking, or letting the dogs in or out.

It was a large OR and the furkids were so well behaved. Stetson did lead a song right before I was put out, and I awoke to another serenade in the recovery room. They were well behaved and I saw all of you sharing the blueberry muffins and the coffee. I was hungry, but knew that I couldn't participate.

Dr. talked to DH and said that the surgery was even more extensive than she had thought. But did it in order to hopefully avoid more in the future. It was all laser, and I feel like I have sat in a scalding water, and she said it would be several days before that quit burning. Had meds and instructions say to do a sitz bath 3 times a day.

Dr called after I got home to see how I was doing, and by that time I was asleep. Took a pain pill, and then started itching all over. DH called the Dr and she said take benedryl, so I had some and took it. So no pain meds until tomorrow when the pharmacy opens. Sure hope that I can get some sleep/rest without the pain meds tonight.

Thanks for you all being there, it helped lift my spirits tremendously. Hugs 'n kisses.

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

BonnieB - I'm so glad you are through the surgery successfully! And I gather your DH decided to stay with you. YEAH!

I'll tell everyone here you did well... they will be quite relieved. Scirocco says she hopes that itching stops soon 'cause she knows how awful that can be. I hope you can sleep tonight!

Tam

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

BonnieB, I'm so glad you posted. I hope the itching and pain stays at bay. Did DH go with you? (((HUGS)))

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Good morning everyone, I lost y'all

BonnieB hoping you had a good night

elsie DM has no idea that this is happening when it happens. I am going to have a talk with the doctor today. To find out how to help prevent this from happening again.

Get to get moving her appointment is at 10 something this morning

waving

sandy and andre

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Morning....

chilly start to the day here, about 33 heading to a high of 50, but at least sun.

BonnieB -- glad to see you post last evening, and I was glad to hear your Dh was with you. Hope the itching is gone and pain is to a minimum for you.

DH said we are going home on Wednesday... so one more week. and that will only have us 2 days here without water.

Verona, ON

(((BonnieB)))

Lyndonville, NY

Good morning, what a night!

Would like to send Lee's godcat to her after last night. He was intent on getting Spencer out to play....sent the rabbit cage flying and me bolting out of bed at Midnight when I heard the crash. Then Huck decided to "beta fish" with my remaining fish. AND someone (Daisy) pee'd on Izzy's new bed!!! All this before 3:00 a.m. This morning Izzy is shaking her head big time, so major ear cleaning and back on meds.

I haven't even put the coffee on yet....might crash back on the couch.

Hoping everyone had a restful night.....and BonnieB was able to rest. Glad you are home safe

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

Good Morning!

We certainly had a quieter night here than Debbie's! Zephyr cuddled in last night for a little while. That was really unusual and very nice.

Debbie - never a quiet moment there!

Terese - 2 days is about the most that I could do w/o water.

BonnieB - will you get a different kind of pain med today after the reaction yesterday?

Its pouring rain today. Not much happening here. I need to call the butcher today - I am getting a side of beef from the same source as last year (a family friend). Most of it will be split by my friends. I have their wish-list on how it is to be butchered.

Tam

Lyndonville, NY

We have the rain moving in Tam. Not supposed to be a nice day out there.

How is Scirroco going? Glad Zephyr is doing well and cuddled. Huck got so upset with me getting up and down from the chaos he slept on my dresser.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

>>Terese - 2 days is about the most that I could do w/o water.

it's not as bad as it sounds. We fill a trash can so we can 'back load' the toilet, have water for coffee and the pets. Just washing dished and showers are the only time we have to go to the clubhouse ... and DH prefers to eat out, so there aren't a lot of dishes to do. I think the longest we've stayed w/out running water is 4 days... and yes, it does get old.

I'd better get a move on....

Good morning, slept well, and only had pain that needed anything toward morning. I have a headache, and don't know what that is from. Anyway, DH went with me, (grudgingly) and he found someone else to take the horses to the pull. Think they got 6th, so he is sure that if he had been there they would have done better. Maybe, maybe not.

Anyway need to get started with my first sitz bath this morning. 3 a day is really gonna eat into my day time wise.

Lyndonville, NY

Glad you were able to rest BonnieB, and even happier DH went with you. I hope your new prescription is ready soon. Yes sitz baths are not much fun, but they do help.

I am sure the headache was a combo of anesthesia hangover and needing caffeine and food. Please don't over do it today.

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

Terese - ah - forgot about the clubhouse. With shower & place to wash dishes, its not so bad I bet. We went a full week when the water line broke a couple years ago. We rented a hotel room a few miles away and used it to shower & fill up water containers (8gal ones DH bought). That kept us reasonably comfortable. I can go two days w/o a shower but more makes me a little nutsy.

Debbie - Scirocco seems much better. She's back to playing and coming downstairs occasionally. She hadn't been doing either for months. I look for fleas every day and it seems the revolution has knocked them out. She is still sleeping a lot and looks ratty w/o her usual beautiful thick, shiney & long coat of fur. I just hope she's now in the recuperation phase.

BonnieB - Ditto what Debbie said.

Tam

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Morning! Slept in today but I did stay up late.

BonnieB so glad you are home and all went well except for the prescription. I am sure you can take care of yourself for a bit this afternoon. It will take awhile to get him trained to be there when you need him! If possible! LOL

Sandy hope they come up with a way to stop what is happening to your mom. Does the brat come home today also?

Terese we have 30 degrees here so not much cooler. The wind is blowing and I am waiting for it too warm up a bit before heading outdoors. The longest with out water here was a month. If he had known we had an infant he would of hooked up our water sooner!

Deb is Shane still home? What a wild night! HOpe the day is calmer. HOw is the attic cleaning going?

I know I missed some but will be back as there will be no company today. I will just be outside digging up and planting flowers! No way I will get it all done today. Drats!

Lyndonville, NY

Shane has been home off and on the last few days. Not home at night...then shows up at 7:30 a.m. Last night he came home at 2:30 a.m. and is still here.
Does NOT like Shannon being here and using that for an excuse now....which I don't buy as he wasn't here the last six months she had the apartment.

Attic cleaning hasn't even started. Worked on the bedroom for two days and took a lot out....we are starting upstairs in the living space to make it livable. No room to bring anything at all down even to sort...so it will be a work in process. Can't believe the price to rent a dumpster for this....that is the hold up also.

Andre is now home

The doctors took DM off her's diabetes pill. She still has to take the insulin shots when needed but they will not let her bottom out

Sandy and Andre

Good evening. I have had DS and his SO here all day, and they have not let me do anything. So I have been on the couch reading or watching tv all day. I don't know how many days I can do that. They will be here tomorrow then leaving tomorrow afternoon, and back to work for them. It is kinda of nice to not have to cook. hehe.

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Bonnie B. glad you have someone doing for you...I was wondering how you were doing.

Melva, I am so independent, that it is hard for me to let somebody help me. I did obey my DS today, and I didn't do anything but shower and do my sitz baths and lay on the couch. They went to the grocery and then made a good supper, and I didn't have to do anything but get to the table, and then back to the couch!

I did just now take a pain pill, so that it will take care of any pain during the night, and not interrupt my sleep. I got a new prescription, but haven't used any today until now.

New Smyrna Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

BonnieB sending prayers and good wishes your way for a speedy recovery.

I have no idea where the last two have gone. Do not remember doing anything much

have to sleeeep

Good morning everyone
Getting ready to take Andre for his run and later go get the last of the knee injections

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

Good Morning!

BonnieB - Glad you are getting doted on there! Perhaps in a few days you'll be allowed to get in a few steps? Might be nice to get out of the house, even if it is just for a few minutes and I bet MrB would welcome some outside time with you too.

Sandy - good luck. I'm glad its your last shot!

Tomorrow I am leaving for Pitts for a rock garden society "study weekend". It should be fun. I'm going with two friends so will have plenty of company for the long drive each way. One friend got us each a suite at the Hyatt with her frequent stay points. Yep - really roughing it. :-)

Lyndonville, NY

Good morning,

Long night. Found out at bedtime DH's Great Aunt passed away. God Bless her, she was going to be 96 soon. I have never met anyone so full of life
as Aunt Beth. Still no news on Sara, she is on Hospice care and waiting...as there is nothing they can do but keep her comfortable.

THEN, naughty girl Marla Mittens fell off the top of the stairs. Scared the heck out of me as soon as she "thunked" I went to check her and she bolted and we couldn't get her out to check her. She is down here this morning and eating breakfast....and still climbing the stairs from the top of the banister!!!

Tam, did you do as much work with this rock garden, having to move all the rocks like last time for set up? I see it is just a "study" weekend....so maybe just planning for that? Be careful with that snack bar!!!

I hope both our Bonnie's got some rest last night.

Sandy, how is DM feeling now? That low blood sugar is scary stuff.

Vicki, are you back to work today? Almost froggy time you know.....I have heard of snow flurries out that way!!

OK, I didn't even make coffee this morning. Shannon is off today and not sure what that is going to hold for me. DS came in at 2:00 a.m. again also.

Be back
Debbie

Good morning, had breakfast and already done one sitz bath. Changing beds and SO is washing them. Seems like it is just a hotel here. They leave this afternoon, and DGD comes tomorrow afternoon! Changing of the guards.

It was very frosty this morning, so any hopes of anything surviving, is nil here.

Bonnie, glad you are feeling better.

Tammy, oh, a nice study weekend. Take care and hope the roughing it is too bad!

Vicki, oh, dear me, Hi ho, it is for you.

Debbie, hope that Marla Mittens isn't hurt, but doesn't sound like it.

Terese, who is on her way home. ~~~ to you.

Okay, going to sit in my recliner for awhile and read, so will check in later.

Debbie DM is fine and the doctor says that being off those pills will keep the blood sugar from dropping to low.

Sandy and Andre

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

Debbie. You got it. The snack bar/food is going to be the most difficult part of the trip. We have tours set up of a state park and the Phipps Conservatory so at least I will get a little exercise. There will be some speakers and some shopping. Specialty nurseries come with goodies you don't see locally so I am planning on spending some money to get plants for the rock garden I am building withe the tufa.

BonnieB. I am delighted to hear it's like a hotel there for you!

Tam

Verona, ON

Afternoon everyone. Just got back in from another regular appointment gone wrong at the dentist. As Doc says D*** this radiation. I have a 42 year old crown that 1 of the pins broke off and it is majorally infected. Doc drained it today after he got the pin out, then dressed it. Has to stay that way with a dressing for a week then a 2 hr. min root canal. Aren't I just one of the luckiest people in the world when it comes to their teeth? Darn radiation anyway!! Another crown had come off but it just need a small dressing and Doc was able to pop the crown back on for a few weeks. Some day I will get there and doc will be able to do what the original appointmen was for waaaay back in the summer.

~~~~ to everyone. In a fair bit of pain here, got the dogs walked so now I am off to lay down for a bit.

Dianne

{{{{{{{{{{{Dianne}}}}}}}}}}

Sandy and Andre the pest

Dianne so sorry that you are having all the woes dentally. I have spent so much on my mouth, that surely it will last longer than my body. Hey maybe a dental exhibit here!

Sandy that is good news about your DM sure hope that she stays well, and doesn't give you any scares too soon.

Tammy, that sounds like such a good weekend, hope you find several plants that needs homes at your place.

Doing well today. DS's SO changed all the beds this morning, so will have a comfy nights sleep. I just love fresh sheets, and if I had servants all the time, I would insist on clean sheets every night. As it is, with me in the servant role, I only get them once a week!

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I just found a camera...nt really a good one, it is one of the instant ones from the store...not sure how it ended up waay back in the cabinet...I have wanted one to take some pictures of things..going outside now..it is a good day for taking pictures...once I get them developed..I hate to have to wait that long!
I am in agreement on the sheet thing, Bonnie..every day would be nice!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.