Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Pets: How was your day? #362

Communities > Forums > Pets
bookmark
Forum: PetsReplies: 185, Views: 1,104
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 9, 2012
12:40 PM

Post #9300736

We came over from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1283213/

Come on in, have a chat...some coffee and tell us How was your day? How are the furbabies?

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 9, 2012
1:49 PM

Post #9300826

I thought I'd check in to see if there was any news from BonnieB. I don't believe she posted the time of her surgery but I could have missed it. Does anyone know?

Thanks for the new thread & the pretty kitty & flowers' pic Debbie!
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 9, 2012
2:28 PM

Post #9300859

I thought she had to be there early this morning!

Want to see something funny...that is Axl above...

and this is his "mini-me" Darla. I know it is same picture I posted yesterday...but the two of them are hysterical.

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 9, 2012
2:33 PM

Post #9300862

Tam, I just rescanned previous thread. BonnieB's surgery was this morning at 10:00...if they were on schedule/time.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 9, 2012
2:37 PM

Post #9300865

I think BonnieB only posted last night.

debbie - i was going to say what a gorgeous pic of Darla [i checked, no white paws]
~~ stunning image of Axl.

chilly rainy and just that bone chilling cold today.

worked today... i think i work every day but Sunday.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 9, 2012
2:40 PM

Post #9300867

The girls are still tiny...Darla was the runt, no doubt and is just catching up to her sister is size. Axl is two now and quite the..umm...big boned baby.

BonnieB posted last week about her pre-op exam and that it was at 10:00 today on a post to Melva.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 9, 2012
4:20 PM

Post #9300925

Debbie, LOve the pictures!! Thanks for the new thread.

I hope that BonnieB is just fine and is not home yet.

Bonnie, I hope all the evenings go smoothly at your Dm's. It sure would be nice if that person bought one of your homes.

Dianne, that's great you went out for Thanksgiving. I hope things went well today.

Sandy, I hope your Mom is feeling better. Does she have something to take when she feels bad like that?

There is a video online showing a guest on QVC - she got woozy and passed out on air. The QVC guy just kept on with his selling. Didn't even miss a beat. They said it was low blood sugar and she is fine.

I went to the doctor today - I have a strong antibiotic. He said my ears are inflamed. I had no idea. But my head feels like it might explode. I was suppose to leave work at 3:15 for a 3:45 appointment. I left work at 2:45. After about 5 minutes I realized it and felt like an idiot. But it worked out well. The doctor saw me early and I left and picked up my new glasses.

I love my new glasses except I can't see very well. I may have to go back and have another eye exam. Like I haven't spent enough money.

Did you catch 60 minutes on Sunday? An Italian company Luxottica makes almost every brand of eyeglass frames in the US. And they own RayBan, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision and Lenscrafters. So they have a big monopoly in the eyeglass business. After they took over Rayban - they went from $30.00 a pair to $150.00. I thought most of the glasses were made in the US.

The grocery store I shop in has been doing some renovations - yesterday when I went there most of the aisles were moved. A fellow shopper and I were wondering where they were hiding the bread. But we found it. It was moved right at the front door - now it is at the other end of the store. It would be nice if they could leave some notes around. hehe

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 9, 2012
4:24 PM

Post #9300928

Elsie, my eye doctor told me...do not put your new glasses on or new contacts in, until you get up the next morning. Your eyes will not be "adjusted" to the old pair...and you will adjust better. SO, take them off...and wait til the morning and put them on when you first get up. It worked for DH too who couldn't see with his new ones.

Bet BonnieB came home and went to sleep, which would be the best thing for her, hope she isn't trying to fix dinner and let the dogs out!!!

Elsie,, how is Teddy, you haven't mentioned him lately.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 9, 2012
5:05 PM

Post #9300968

Debbie, Teddy wasn't at work yesterday - day off for the holiday. He was there today. I asked him to sit for a cookie and he rolled over.

I had the leave the other pair of glasses there. The guy at the optical place said if the rx changes they will make the lenses up again for free. They really are good with the customer service. And I got to keep the fancy eyeglass case that the other frames came with.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 9, 2012
5:54 PM

Post #9301009

Elsie... i never watch 20/20 but Dh had it on. I watched and honestly, was appalled - basically 'screwing' the folks who need glasses... Makes me want to get mine at walmart.

took a well deserved nap... i hate having them so late, as i can't get back to bed at a decent hr. think I woke up about 7:15pm.

The rain stopped... DH is watching DVDs, he's on the 2nd one now.

I'm editing / formatting mailing labels for the Spring mailing.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 9, 2012
6:29 PM

Post #9301027

Sorry to keep you folks waiting, but the general anesthetic didn't wear off, and I am still woozy. We got home about 3:00 and I have slept off and on all afternoon. A neighbor delivered supper tonight, baked chicken, green beans and corn. DH sliced a tomato and that is what we had. No cooking, or letting the dogs in or out.

It was a large OR and the furkids were so well behaved. Stetson did lead a song right before I was put out, and I awoke to another serenade in the recovery room. They were well behaved and I saw all of you sharing the blueberry muffins and the coffee. I was hungry, but knew that I couldn't participate.

Dr. talked to DH and said that the surgery was even more extensive than she had thought. But did it in order to hopefully avoid more in the future. It was all laser, and I feel like I have sat in a scalding water, and she said it would be several days before that quit burning. Had meds and instructions say to do a sitz bath 3 times a day.

Dr called after I got home to see how I was doing, and by that time I was asleep. Took a pain pill, and then started itching all over. DH called the Dr and she said take benedryl, so I had some and took it. So no pain meds until tomorrow when the pharmacy opens. Sure hope that I can get some sleep/rest without the pain meds tonight.

Thanks for you all being there, it helped lift my spirits tremendously. Hugs 'n kisses.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 9, 2012
6:46 PM

Post #9301041

BonnieB - I'm so glad you are through the surgery successfully! And I gather your DH decided to stay with you. YEAH!

I'll tell everyone here you did well... they will be quite relieved. Scirocco says she hopes that itching stops soon 'cause she knows how awful that can be. I hope you can sleep tonight!

Tam
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 9, 2012
7:02 PM

Post #9301055

BonnieB, I'm so glad you posted. I hope the itching and pain stays at bay. Did DH go with you? (((HUGS)))

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 10, 2012
4:45 AM

Post #9301286

Good morning everyone, I lost y'all

BonnieB hoping you had a good night

elsie DM has no idea that this is happening when it happens. I am going to have a talk with the doctor today. To find out how to help prevent this from happening again.

Get to get moving her appointment is at 10 something this morning

waving

sandy and andre

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 10, 2012
5:01 AM

Post #9301295

Morning...

chilly start to the day here, about 33 heading to a high of 50, but at least sun.

BonnieB -- glad to see you post last evening, and I was glad to hear your Dh was with you. Hope the itching is gone and pain is to a minimum for you.

DH said we are going home on Wednesday... so one more week. and that will only have us 2 days here without water.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

October 10, 2012
5:20 AM

Post #9301305

(((BonnieB)))

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 10, 2012
5:27 AM

Post #9301312

Good morning, what a night!

Would like to send Lee's godcat to her after last night. He was intent on getting Spencer out to play...sent the rabbit cage flying and me bolting out of bed at Midnight when I heard the crash. Then Huck decided to "beta fish" with my remaining fish. AND someone (Daisy) pee'd on Izzy's new bed!!! All this before 3:00 a.m. This morning Izzy is shaking her head big time, so major ear cleaning and back on meds.

I haven't even put the coffee on yet...might crash back on the couch.

Hoping everyone had a restful night...and BonnieB was able to rest. Glad you are home safe

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 10, 2012
5:41 AM

Post #9301323

Good Morning!

We certainly had a quieter night here than Debbie's! Zephyr cuddled in last night for a little while. That was really unusual and very nice.

Debbie - never a quiet moment there!

Terese - 2 days is about the most that I could do w/o water.

BonnieB - will you get a different kind of pain med today after the reaction yesterday?

Its pouring rain today. Not much happening here. I need to call the butcher today - I am getting a side of beef from the same source as last year (a family friend). Most of it will be split by my friends. I have their wish-list on how it is to be butchered.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 10, 2012
5:46 AM

Post #9301326

We have the rain moving in Tam. Not supposed to be a nice day out there.

How is Scirroco going? Glad Zephyr is doing well and cuddled. Huck got so upset with me getting up and down from the chaos he slept on my dresser.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 10, 2012
5:48 AM

Post #9301327

>>Terese - 2 days is about the most that I could do w/o water.

it's not as bad as it sounds. We fill a trash can so we can 'back load' the toilet, have water for coffee and the pets. Just washing dished and showers are the only time we have to go to the clubhouse ... and DH prefers to eat out, so there aren't a lot of dishes to do. I think the longest we've stayed w/out running water is 4 days... and yes, it does get old.

I'd better get a move on...
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 10, 2012
6:15 AM

Post #9301351

Good morning, slept well, and only had pain that needed anything toward morning. I have a headache, and don't know what that is from. Anyway, DH went with me, (grudgingly) and he found someone else to take the horses to the pull. Think they got 6th, so he is sure that if he had been there they would have done better. Maybe, maybe not.

Anyway need to get started with my first sitz bath this morning. 3 a day is really gonna eat into my day time wise.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 10, 2012
6:22 AM

Post #9301359

Glad you were able to rest BonnieB, and even happier DH went with you. I hope your new prescription is ready soon. Yes sitz baths are not much fun, but they do help.

I am sure the headache was a combo of anesthesia hangover and needing caffeine and food. Please don't over do it today.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 10, 2012
7:27 AM

Post #9301414

Terese - ah - forgot about the clubhouse. With shower & place to wash dishes, its not so bad I bet. We went a full week when the water line broke a couple years ago. We rented a hotel room a few miles away and used it to shower & fill up water containers (8gal ones DH bought). That kept us reasonably comfortable. I can go two days w/o a shower but more makes me a little nutsy.

Debbie - Scirocco seems much better. She's back to playing and coming downstairs occasionally. She hadn't been doing either for months. I look for fleas every day and it seems the revolution has knocked them out. She is still sleeping a lot and looks ratty w/o her usual beautiful thick, shiney & long coat of fur. I just hope she's now in the recuperation phase.

BonnieB - Ditto what Debbie said.

Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 10, 2012
7:34 AM

Post #9301421

Morning! Slept in today but I did stay up late.

BonnieB so glad you are home and all went well except for the prescription. I am sure you can take care of yourself for a bit this afternoon. It will take awhile to get him trained to be there when you need him! If possible! LOL

Sandy hope they come up with a way to stop what is happening to your mom. Does the brat come home today also?

Terese we have 30 degrees here so not much cooler. The wind is blowing and I am waiting for it too warm up a bit before heading outdoors. The longest with out water here was a month. If he had known we had an infant he would of hooked up our water sooner!

Deb is Shane still home? What a wild night! HOpe the day is calmer. HOw is the attic cleaning going?

I know I missed some but will be back as there will be no company today. I will just be outside digging up and planting flowers! No way I will get it all done today. Drats!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 10, 2012
7:43 AM

Post #9301432

Shane has been home off and on the last few days. Not home at night...then shows up at 7:30 a.m. Last night he came home at 2:30 a.m. and is still here.
Does NOT like Shannon being here and using that for an excuse now...which I don't buy as he wasn't here the last six months she had the apartment.

Attic cleaning hasn't even started. Worked on the bedroom for two days and took a lot out...we are starting upstairs in the living space to make it livable. No room to bring anything at all down even to sort...so it will be a work in process. Can't believe the price to rent a dumpster for this...that is the hold up also.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 10, 2012
2:50 PM

Post #9301741

Andre is now home

The doctors took DM off her's diabetes pill. She still has to take the insulin shots when needed but they will not let her bottom out

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 10, 2012
6:52 PM

Post #9301927

Good evening. I have had DS and his SO here all day, and they have not let me do anything. So I have been on the couch reading or watching tv all day. I don't know how many days I can do that. They will be here tomorrow then leaving tomorrow afternoon, and back to work for them. It is kinda of nice to not have to cook. hehe.

melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 10, 2012
6:58 PM

Post #9301934

Bonnie B. glad you have someone doing for you...I was wondering how you were doing.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 10, 2012
7:16 PM

Post #9301958

Melva, I am so independent, that it is hard for me to let somebody help me. I did obey my DS today, and I didn't do anything but shower and do my sitz baths and lay on the couch. They went to the grocery and then made a good supper, and I didn't have to do anything but get to the table, and then back to the couch!

I did just now take a pain pill, so that it will take care of any pain during the night, and not interrupt my sleep. I got a new prescription, but haven't used any today until now.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

October 10, 2012
9:39 PM

Post #9302082

BonnieB sending prayers and good wishes your way for a speedy recovery.

I have no idea where the last two have gone. Do not remember doing anything much

have to sleeeep

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 11, 2012
5:00 AM

Post #9302171

Good morning everyone
Getting ready to take Andre for his run and later go get the last of the knee injections

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 11, 2012
5:37 AM

Post #9302188

Good Morning!

BonnieB - Glad you are getting doted on there! Perhaps in a few days you'll be allowed to get in a few steps? Might be nice to get out of the house, even if it is just for a few minutes and I bet MrB would welcome some outside time with you too.

Sandy - good luck. I'm glad its your last shot!

Tomorrow I am leaving for Pitts for a rock garden society "study weekend". It should be fun. I'm going with two friends so will have plenty of company for the long drive each way. One friend got us each a suite at the Hyatt with her frequent stay points. Yep - really roughing it. :-)

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 11, 2012
6:18 AM

Post #9302212

Good morning,

Long night. Found out at bedtime DH's Great Aunt passed away. God Bless her, she was going to be 96 soon. I have never met anyone so full of life
as Aunt Beth. Still no news on Sara, she is on Hospice care and waiting...as there is nothing they can do but keep her comfortable.

THEN, naughty girl Marla Mittens fell off the top of the stairs. Scared the heck out of me as soon as she "thunked" I went to check her and she bolted and we couldn't get her out to check her. She is down here this morning and eating breakfast...and still climbing the stairs from the top of the banister!!!

Tam, did you do as much work with this rock garden, having to move all the rocks like last time for set up? I see it is just a "study" weekend...so maybe just planning for that? Be careful with that snack bar!!!

I hope both our Bonnie's got some rest last night.

Sandy, how is DM feeling now? That low blood sugar is scary stuff.

Vicki, are you back to work today? Almost froggy time you know...I have heard of snow flurries out that way!!

OK, I didn't even make coffee this morning. Shannon is off today and not sure what that is going to hold for me. DS came in at 2:00 a.m. again also.

Be back
Debbie

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 11, 2012
6:33 AM

Post #9302226

Good morning, had breakfast and already done one sitz bath. Changing beds and SO is washing them. Seems like it is just a hotel here. They leave this afternoon, and DGD comes tomorrow afternoon! Changing of the guards.

It was very frosty this morning, so any hopes of anything surviving, is nil here.

Bonnie, glad you are feeling better.

Tammy, oh, a nice study weekend. Take care and hope the roughing it is too bad!

Vicki, oh, dear me, Hi ho, it is for you.

Debbie, hope that Marla Mittens isn't hurt, but doesn't sound like it.

Terese, who is on her way home. ~~~ to you.

Okay, going to sit in my recliner for awhile and read, so will check in later.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 11, 2012
6:40 AM

Post #9302236

Debbie DM is fine and the doctor says that being off those pills will keep the blood sugar from dropping to low.

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 11, 2012
6:42 AM

Post #9302238

Debbie. You got it. The snack bar/food is going to be the most difficult part of the trip. We have tours set up of a state park and the Phipps Conservatory so at least I will get a little exercise. There will be some speakers and some shopping. Specialty nurseries come with goodies you don't see locally so I am planning on spending some money to get plants for the rock garden I am building withe the tufa.

BonnieB. I am delighted to hear it's like a hotel there for you!

Tam
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

October 11, 2012
9:25 AM

Post #9302369

Afternoon everyone. Just got back in from another regular appointment gone wrong at the dentist. As Doc says D*** this radiation. I have a 42 year old crown that 1 of the pins broke off and it is majorally infected. Doc drained it today after he got the pin out, then dressed it. Has to stay that way with a dressing for a week then a 2 hr. min root canal. Aren't I just one of the luckiest people in the world when it comes to their teeth? Darn radiation anyway!! Another crown had come off but it just need a small dressing and Doc was able to pop the crown back on for a few weeks. Some day I will get there and doc will be able to do what the original appointmen was for waaaay back in the summer.

~~~~ to everyone. In a fair bit of pain here, got the dogs walked so now I am off to lay down for a bit.

Dianne

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 11, 2012
10:08 AM

Post #9302399

{{{{{{{{{{{Dianne}}}}}}}}}}

Sandy and Andre the pest
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 11, 2012
10:45 AM

Post #9302419

Dianne so sorry that you are having all the woes dentally. I have spent so much on my mouth, that surely it will last longer than my body. Hey maybe a dental exhibit here!

Sandy that is good news about your DM sure hope that she stays well, and doesn't give you any scares too soon.

Tammy, that sounds like such a good weekend, hope you find several plants that needs homes at your place.

Doing well today. DS's SO changed all the beds this morning, so will have a comfy nights sleep. I just love fresh sheets, and if I had servants all the time, I would insist on clean sheets every night. As it is, with me in the servant role, I only get them once a week!
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 11, 2012
10:50 AM

Post #9302426

I just found a camera...nt really a good one, it is one of the instant ones from the store...not sure how it ended up waay back in the cabinet...I have wanted one to take some pictures of things..going outside now..it is a good day for taking pictures...once I get them developed..I hate to have to wait that long!
I am in agreement on the sheet thing, Bonnie..every day would be nice!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 11, 2012
11:00 AM

Post #9302435

Melva, most walmarts and drug stores now have "one hour photo". But since not many Instamatic camera's left...you might have to send it out.

Hit send before I met too!

Dianne, rest up! That is just not a good thing. My daughter is going through the same thing and trying to get her mouth in shape before Dec. 31 as no
more dental insurance unless she takes another 3 to 4 classes for college.

This message was edited Oct 11, 2012 2:01 PM
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

October 11, 2012
11:12 AM

Post #9302453

BonnieB I meant to say I am so glad your DS and SO were there to help you out. You are a doer but sometimes although it is hard to be the receiver is OK too.

WOW Tam a suite each!! You sure are hangin with the right crowd!!
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 11, 2012
12:14 PM

Post #9302489

When I say instant camera I mean one of those one time use things..the pictures won't be so great but it is better than nothing. We have decided to order another cable we need to charge the Sanyo camera we just can't find the other one until we order a second one., then...it will show up!

I have a squash that is about 6" it is the good zuchinni we love...it may be the last squash, so I want to let it get just a little larger...maybe tomorrow...it is this kind...
http://rareseeds.com/vegetables-p-z/squash/summer-squash/zucchini-lungo-bianco.html

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 11, 2012
2:30 PM

Post #9302563

Charlie became a hunter today... killed his first bird... too bad it was a finch and not an annoying sparrow.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 11, 2012
3:31 PM

Post #9302599

Dianne, I hope you feel better (((HUGS)))

BonnieB, take advantage of all the help you can get.

Wow Tammy, that sounds very nice!!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 11, 2012
5:39 PM

Post #9302689

BonnieB - lol at the idea of being your own servant. I have a feeling you wouldn't like having a maid - you'd be uncomfortable having someone else do stuff you could do yourself. Admit it. :-)

Dianne - I'm glad you are catching these things before they could be worse. I wonder if your dizziness is related to those infections? My friend works in NJ and she can't drive 'cause of her eyesight. So she stays at a hotel 2 nights a week - her husband drives her there Tues morning and picks her up Thurs night. And yes - he's a saint and she's a very special person. So... weeeeeeeee... we're gonna be in suites this weekend. :-)

Loretta - yep. gonna be very comfortable... but probably not as nice as that house in Charleston.

Terese - now he just needs to learn how to catch mice and you'll be all set. :-)

Debbie - hope things work out for your DD. Any chance she will get back to take some classes?

Melva - I can't imagine using an old film camera! have fun with it.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 11, 2012
5:42 PM

Post #9302694

Tam, she isn't talking about how the meeting went at school. She has been taking four classes since Sept...but with all going on, not doing well.

Received news that dear Sara passed away today. She is so young...32 I believe. This is a case of "lost family" being brought together
by the internet the last few years. Such a talented young lady, teacher, flutist.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 11, 2012
5:56 PM

Post #9302705

I'm sorry to hear of your loss Debbie.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 11, 2012
6:20 PM

Post #9302722

Me too, Debbie...
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 11, 2012
7:01 PM

Post #9302757

AW Debbie so sorry for your loss. A shame that her life was cut so short. I just commented to a friend tonight that if we could see our lives as a highway, and could see around all the curves, we probably couldn't take what was in store for us, so I am glad to live my life knowing that God knows what is beyond that bend, and I don't.

Tammy, you are so right. I am not comfortable with people doing for me, or giving me things, or things that bring attention to me. I would much rather be the doer, the giver and the servant. Enjoy yourself being in that big suite all by yourself. Now me, I would be more content in a room with double beds, and everybody gathered around to talk or to watch a favorite tv show or something.

Elsie, I have been taking advantage of the help. I am so glad that my DS knows how to cook and is probably a better cook than I am. I taught him by the way! So when I eat his cooking, it tastes like something I cooked, only without all the effort! He does cook some things his own way, but I am not a fan of fancy or of things souped up, when plain would have been just fine.

Melva, wow, I know that they still make the throw away cameras, but it has been awhile since I used one. I have plenty of film cameras with all of the fancy lenses, and now not a market to sell them. Hope you get some good pictures with it.

Dianne, you strike me as someone whose disposition is turned like mine. More a doer than a being done for person. Maye we could teach classes as so many are so "me" oriented in this world.

Terese, Oh, did Charley have a coming out party in honor of his first bird? Hehe, now he can rightly be called a Tom Cat. Before he was just a little boy cat. Oh, hope he has been altered so that we won't have any episodes of him being out and gone all night tomcatting around! Now that is not a NICE expression.

Vicki, are you back to work today? Well, I guess it is necessary in order to eat, but oh, how I wish that everybody enjoyed retirement like I do.

Debbie, I am hoping that your DS will get accepted back into school and then you will be only responsible for one. It is too much to hope for that both leave at the same time. Just patience, and it will all get sorted out. Maybe by then, you won't have a mind to lose, as it will already be gone. But you will make a good picture at the nursing home, when they situate your wheel chair with your smiling face by the door to greet visitors. Hmm, I didn't think you would like that!

Bonnie, hope that today has been another day that you napped your way through. Nothing like napping to heal well. I am so dreading hearing of your night shift conversations with your DM. I hope that she goes to bed early and sleeps late, with not a lot of time to talk.

Well, tomorrow I will be by myself for the first time. DH will be in and out but mainly just to check on me. I think I heard him say that we would go out tomorrow night to eat, so if that is the case, I will not have to do much of anything, except shower and take care of myself till late afternoon.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 12, 2012
3:46 AM

Post #9302915

Morning everyone

BonnieB glad you are doing good. Most of the lens from the old film camera will work on the new digital camera

awake but still not all here.

waving at everyone

s and a

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 12, 2012
4:01 AM

Post #9302922

Hi everyone! TGIF!!!!!!!!! I've been busy with canning and taking pics of the cans!LOL Then I took them in the basement. Also, some watering in the garden and the pots needed that too. The doggies are looking great, crazy like always. I'm glad the ticks are off of them...yuck! Amazing, they don't have fleas.

BonnieB, I'm keeping you in my prayers for a quick recovery. I am so glad to hear that you have so much help from your family and that DH was with you on the surgery day, how sweet of him! Please, take care of you and don't do anything! Let the others take care of you and of the house. It's great to live like in a hotel, isn't it?

Debbie, I'm sorry for your loss. May God rest her soul! Your kitty sounds like such a snort! My Mom had 2 cats who fell off from the 9th floor, on different occasions and they were OK. They sure have 9 lives!LOL

Dianne, I'm sorry for your tooth aches. Darn chemo, I can say that too! At least the dentist is good and will take care of your teeth. How is Diesel?

Sandy, I hope your DM will feel better without the meds. How are you?

Tam, what a nice trip you're going to have! Can't wait to see what rock plants you will get from there!

Melva, that is the kind of zucchini we have here in our gardens. My DH hates it so I don't grow it . It's so tasty! Good choice!

Terese, it's so unpleasant without water. I remember the last 2 winters when the pipes froze and I had to thaw snow...grrrr!

Vicki, are you finished with the planting yet? Any new plants?

Elsie, I'm glad you have at least one pair of glasses. Isn't it fun to go and wonder around the store for what you need...sheesh! I remember a good book written by Emile Zola, "At the women's paradise". It was about a store in the early 1800s where the owner was moving the products oftenly and he did that because he wanted people to go all around his store and see everything. He said that if they wouldn't have to find what they want and the merchandise would be in the same place then many of the customers wouldn't want to visit other departments. Very good book, I recommend it!

Bonnie, how have you been with DM and your night shift? I hope you can get some sleep while there. Is she treating you well? I hope the boys aren't mad at you for leaving them all alone at night.

I'm stil at the office and everyone who comes in from outside says it's cold outthere. Grrrrrr, we need some rain, but no cold! Yesterday I picked up more cherry tomatoes from the garden and the spaghetti squash, 7 were all.
Hugs to all! BBL with some pics.

Adina

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 12, 2012
5:06 AM

Post #9302957

Good Morning!

We're to get our first freeze tonight. I didn't get a chance to dig out the rest of the sweet potatoes, though there probably weren't many. MAYBE I can talk DH into digging them out tomorrow.

Zephyr is a real hoot this morning. She's running all over the living room playing with an old check register.

BonnieB - I doubt the suite is all that big. Typically you get a bed and a small living area w/a TV & sofa. Best part is having my own room - I really prefer to sleep w/o anyone else in the room. Except for my DH. :-) It sounds like you'll have to find some fun stuff to keep yourself occupied today.

Adina - I see an article on canning in the future. Do you use cans or jars? I haven't done anything beyond freezing since I was a kid. Enjoy your weekend.

TGIF everyone!

Tam

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 12, 2012
6:15 AM

Post #9302994

Good morning Tam! I use only jars. Have a great week-end too!

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti
Click an image for an enlarged view.

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 12, 2012
6:53 AM

Post #9303014

Adina, beautiful bounty you have preserved for winter. It is so colorful.

I have been up ages it seems, had breakfast and then my shower and medical regimen, and all ready to collapse on the couch and veg for awhile. It wears me out to do all that needs to be done, guess I could do it in stages, but I like to get it over with. DS and his SO are leaving about noon, and DH has gone to pick up DGD as she is on fall break and out of school.

Will check in later.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 12, 2012
6:58 AM

Post #9303016

Adina, those are just beautiful and show such hard work you have done. I know you are proud of all that...I would be!! I have never had spaghetti squash but it is on my list of "try this". I might get one at the farmers market when I go.

Tam, my kitties here are on a Nascar tear this morning also. And the babies are up high...just watching and staying out of the way. Darla tried to run with them (it's like running with the bulls I am sure) she got scared and headed to high ground.

Bonnie, where are you??? You must be exhausted caring for you DM all night this week.

Vicki, whats for breakfast? Did you get all your work caught up?

BonnieB, just because you are unsupervised today...don't over do. I will have to get Mr. B & Casper on the hot line to keep eye on you.

Sandy, whats your plans for the day? Laying low with Andre?? Love the pictures you put up on FB with your sunsets and flowers...so so so pretty.

Melva, how is Graham? He back inside? I am so so upset...local pe tstore has a tortoise for sale...baby that is one to live 100's years and get over
1,000 pounds. There is no place in NY State but a zoo to keep something like that...and of course it is a "generational" pet...will need passed down.

Elsie, is Teddy back in this week? Are you feeling better? Cold has hung on a long time.

Dianne, how is your mouth? Oh, I am just so sorry you go through all this. The dentist told DD straight out...you will need dentures before age 30!! She is going to be 22 next month. Can your friend get a couple new pictures of Diesel and Quill for us when over next? Bet he is getting big-ggger.

Right now the sun is out, but the sky is getting very dark. DS has been home every night this week, ate with us last night...and...gasp...cleaned his room.
He has applied to two colleges and filled out a stack of work applications. Not going to hold my breath...not going to enjoy it...but watch with caution.

OH and he came down last night holding a rather large piece of plaster. It fell off the ceiling in his closet...quite damp. Remember two years ago when our chimney leaked...and we had to have all that work done and furnace replaced? We have to find out if it is leaking (still??) or something new...as that is the area the chimney goes through his room.

OK, coffee buzzer went off...so going for the first cup!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 12, 2012
7:33 AM

Post #9303053

Morning Got sidetracked looking for a recipe. But oh that is so much fun.

Woke up sore really sore yesterday from working on the back hill the other day. Today I am tired from helping unload truck last night. The clerk got a good start on getting the floor cleaned up as we didn't have many customers. So much Xmas junk came in. 4 u-boats just heaping full. There will still be plenty more coming.

I am not done with my planting. Haven't gotten the fish moved inside yet. Between weather and work I feel like I am wading thru mud.

This morning I have done dishes, a load of laundry, washed my wrist supports and made supper. Chicken and gravy for over potatoes. I can taste it now. Saved a piece of chicken to make a small soup for lunch tomorrow.

Dh is still convinced I don't do anything at home. He still doesn't help like he use too. He thinks everyone can move like he does.

BonnieB glad you have all that help but sure do understand wanting the quiet.

Bonnie how is the night shift going? Are you getting enough rest?

Tam have a fun time. Expecting pictures you know!

Deb another leak? Even if it is your home I think it is time for a change.You need to get unto one of those TV shows.Glad you are being cautious with your DS.

Wish I could chat longer but lots to do yet before i go to work. Or maybe rest and do nothing more!

Thumbnail by ves522

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 12, 2012
8:23 AM

Post #9303092

Debbie thanks I love to take the sunset pictures. Getting up the energy to go take sunrise pictures. LOL
I have taken the demon child for a short run and went to the gym for some pool time. Back to sit outside with the brat and his eggee. Now we are back inside with my feet up.

Back later a tired Sandy

S and A

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 12, 2012
8:43 AM

Post #9303107

Sandy, I love taking sunset and scenery with cloud formations. I took this one Tuesday and just loved the sunbeams and cloud layers. I was really hoping the foilage would pick up better than it did.

Marla Mittens is doing better...and back on top of the hutch. And Axl is exhausted...pulled all my blankets down in a pile to snooze.

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy      

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 12, 2012
9:46 AM

Post #9303148

Debbie that is a very good picture.
Sandy

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 12, 2012
9:56 AM

Post #9303158

Thank you! We have had some nice sun views lately...although they don't last long.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 12, 2012
11:55 AM

Post #9303238

Graham is fine..he is a 'gene' pet too...he should live a 100 years and he will get to be 100 pounds...I have decided to give him to the young man who comes to work in the yard with his father..his name is J.D...
it is warm enough today that Graham could go back outside...it might happen. I gave him a piece of corn yesterday soon he will have to switch to squash and greens..he won't eat frozen corn. a 1,000 pound Tortoise! What kind was it? and how much were they asking? You are right, it'd be very hard for the average person to be able to provide for something like that...Phil gets upset at the Box Turtles that are sold in the pet shops, even they need more care than the average person provides. A lot of them end up dying.
I got my rose shipment..11 of them! They all look great..they will live in gallon pots at least until Spring...then I will figure out where to put them.

This message was edited Oct 12, 2012 1:10 PM

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 12, 2012
7:23 PM

Post #9303587

Hi. We are in Pittsburgh. Had dinner and two talks at the conference. Tomorrow we leave on a bus at 8:15 and get back around noon for talks all afternoon and then dinner flowed by more talks. They sure filled every moment!

Read all your posts but will comment another time

TAm

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 12, 2012
7:37 PM

Post #9303597

Tam find time to have some fun

I am going to call it a night, the yard guys are coming tomorrow

Good night everyone

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 12, 2012
8:00 PM

Post #9303610

I am calling it a night too. Today hasn't been the best day so am hoping for tomorrow. Guess this is the dreaded third day, and I am really knowing it!
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 12, 2012
9:11 PM

Post #9303656

Good night Ladies...we hate to see you go!

I am going to have a rose and yard sale on Nov 3d...I just decided. I have 100's of paperback books I need to move...and clothes I will never wear. I am hoping to make enough to be able to buy a real greenhouse...one you can close up and heat, one with a real door (and not a zippered one) Like this one:
http://www.zoostores.com/shop/exaco-trading-co-exaco-bio-star-6-x-6-greenhouse-kit-greenhouse.html?fb_action_ids=3739983459131&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=timeline_og&action_object_map=%7B%223739983459131%22%3A10150759143987622%7D&action_type_map=%7B%223739983459131%22%3A%22og.likes%22%7D&action_ref_map=[]

I got the new roses potted...most of them went into gallon pots..a couple were smaller and were able to go into quart pots...one was so large it went into a 2 gallon pot...I took lots of pictures...I will take the camera to get the film developed tomorrow...
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

October 12, 2012
11:28 PM

Post #9303694

Good Luck Melva!

Glad you are enjoying yourself Tam.

Boonie B I have to soak my mouth 4 times a day in basically a stiz bath for the mouth. Aren't we just 2 lucky gals??? LOL

Going to try the sleeep thing-Think kind thoughts that I will sleep.

See ya all in the morning.
Dianne and a very sleepy Diesel who is begging me to go to bed. How can I refuse those pleading, big brown eyes!!

This message was edited Oct 13, 2012 12:51 PM

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 13, 2012
4:33 AM

Post #9303752

Morning everyone

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 13, 2012
6:53 AM

Post #9303817

Good morning, I did rest after a fitful start to the night.

Dianne sure hope that you did the same. Hehe, a stiz bath for the mouth! Well, at least you can still walk around while you are doing it.

Heading out to the pharmacy to get some scripts filled, then on to a church who is having a yard sale, bake sale and fish fry. Then home where I will try to conjure up some lunch fixings for tomorrow and supper for tonight. DGD is with me, and is anxious to drive my new vehicle.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 13, 2012
9:57 AM

Post #9303952

First thing this morning was another fall...my left knee really hurts..landed on my knees...Luckily the yard guys were here and were able to help me up...
we are expecting a storm tonight, may even be severe...but we really need the rain.

http://www.wfaa.com/weather/
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 13, 2012
10:57 AM

Post #9303990

Back from a trip to town and stopped by a church that was having a bake sale, yard sale and a fish fry. The fish were good, had a sandwich, so will be good until the time for supper.

Brought DBIL's dog to my house and she is outside on a tie down to help her get used to our dog crowd. Mr. Casper was very interested in her, so we will see about that.

Sorry Melva for the fall. Hope that nothing is broken only bruised knee and feelings.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 13, 2012
11:24 AM

Post #9304003

I have had a busy morning so sorry for not posting. Then my buddy Nate just left. He is such a sweet loving kid. He brought me a Tim Horton gift card
for all the running I have done with him the last month. Thought that was really sweet, and a Tim Horton coffee is a treat I don't get often.

DH is off mowing Mrs. B's lawn. DS didn't come home last night...I am not surprised for a Friday I guess.

We have an issue with Shannons kittens. The little one (Darla) just isn't acting right. Not play and just sleeping all day. Hasn't even come down stairs
to torment the others or sleep on top of the hutch. She is eating and drinking well...so will keep an eye on her. I think Huck possibly trounced her...or she got her eye scratched. I am just guessing...no idea. But she is squint y eyed

We have a storm moving in too Melva, around 4:00 predicted. Keeps some ice on those knees and rest!!!

BonnieB, don't over do...but sounds like a nice outing with your DGD

Tam, That sounds like an interesting group and lots of learning. Enjoy!
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 13, 2012
12:00 PM

Post #9304024

Both knees are swollen and black and blue...can rest soon and I am going to take a hot bath before the storm gets here...my back is sore too..
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 13, 2012
12:32 PM

Post #9304040

Melva, I hope you get some ice on those knees.

Vicki, I love the horses picture!!

Debbie, I hope nothing is wrong with the kitten.

Tammy, have a good time!

I'm not doing much today but I'm staying in for the weekend. It's a bright sunny day but very cold.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 13, 2012
1:52 PM

Post #9304093

Taking a break from cooking supper. DGD is outside washing the car (which we will give to her) and DH is off fishing. My back is really bothering me today, so thought a break was in order.

Debbie, hope that Darla is just a little scared after an encounter with Axel. Sometimes that puts off a skittish kitten for quite a time.

Melva, poor knees. Yep, get that bath and then just sit with an ice bag alternating between the knees.

Elsie, it was a beautiful day here. Probably in the high 60's or low 70's but with wind. You could have worked outside with a long sleeved shirt on and been comfortable.

Debbie, whose horses? I need to take a pic of our three before they get the heavy winter coat.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

October 13, 2012
4:46 PM

Post #9304209

Hey y'all. I'm here. Just no energy left for anything. No problems with DM at night thus far. I am finally learning the routine. Last night I forgot that she eats a small bowl of fresh fruit at precisely 9P every night. At 9:10 she said, "Do I have any fruit cut up in the ice box?" Later as she was making her way to bed at 10P she said, "Hrumph, my water is not here." (water, Advil and cookie on nightstand). I said I was right behind her with the water in my hand, (I had already placed all the other items there and turned down the bed for her). She informed me that they always put her water down when she goes to the bathroom on her way to going to bed. Maybe I will get fired - ya think???

OOPS! Time for me to go.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 13, 2012
7:09 PM

Post #9304344

Melva hope you are ok

Well I went to get some sunset pictures but the clouds where in the way. I did get some nice pictures.

Thumbnail by wren107   Thumbnail by wren107   Thumbnail by wren107      

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 13, 2012
7:12 PM

Post #9304349

Well, a little later getting here, but have watched some tv tonight which is unusual for me. My supper was good. Had stuffed peppers, does it matter what else? DH bought a red velvet cake at the bake sale, and it was very sorry! It had a big crack in it and filled with icing. Yuk. He loves red velvet but even he said this isn't very good.

DGD got the car washed and cleaned, heard her talking to her DM and I think her DM doesn't want her to get the car just yet. It will be about a month before she has her intermediate permit, and longer for the driver's license, but her DM and I have talked about her having the car, and I thought we were in agreement. So guess we need to talk one day next week while DGD is at school and find out what the problem is.

Bonnie, so glad you haven't had problems, except for the little ones about the fruit the water and the cookie. Yikes, if life were only that simple.

Church tomorrow, and then home for homemade beef vegetable soup. DH has already tasted it, and had a small bowl. Since it is supposed to be raining and colder that will probably taste really good.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 13, 2012
7:41 PM

Post #9304377

Howdy! Just checking in to catch up with you folks! We had a very full day today. We had the tours this morning and then lunch, 3 talks, dinner, awards and another talk. I did get to sit next to one of the speakers - very interesting couple. They quit corporate jobs to buy a farm. They sell native plants, and make goat cheese. :-)

I hope your knees are better soon Melva.

Elsie - I hear its gonna warm up a bit there tomorrow.

Debbie - enjoy the coffee!

Bonnie - oh lordy whatever would you do w/o that new job!

Sandy - hope your DM is feeling better & adjusting to the new medication mix (lack of that problematic med).

Dianne - doing mouth sitz baths? How are you feeling? I hope the infection is under control now

BonnieB - cooking dinner? I hope you are following doctors orders in the recuperation department. :-)

~~~ to Vicki, Adina, Terese and everyone else!
Tam
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 13, 2012
8:08 PM

Post #9304401

Sandy - great pictures!

Tammy, it sounds like you are having a great time!!

I just heard from my mother - my grand niece has had her eye surgery postponed again. The doctor thinks her eye is improving. That would be great. My niece won a Paul Mitchell Color my confidence contest. They do makeovers on women who need some help. She did a makeover on a local woman.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

October 14, 2012
4:48 AM

Post #9304548

Good morning. I am dressed and waiting for my replacement. Another uneventful night..

I suppose I will make a rip to Petsmart today to lay in supplies for the boys while i am gone.

BBL,

Bonnie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 14, 2012
5:20 AM

Post #9304561

Good morning
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 14, 2012
5:44 AM

Post #9304584

Good morning, it is cloudy and overcast here this morning, although quite warm. Nothing going on other than getting ready for church.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 14, 2012
5:45 AM

Post #9304585

... looks like another rainy day here. Think we are going to start packing.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 14, 2012
6:03 AM

Post #9304603

Rain here, cooler

S and A

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 14, 2012
6:24 AM

Post #9304620

Good morning! Same here !LOL We got a few showers last night and this morning but now the sun came out of the clouds. I have been running in and out while cleaning my plants of the dry leaves and getting them outside in the garden. Also, arranged the pots I moved back inside last week.
Why do I have so many pots?LOL

Vicki,, I hope you are feeling better today! Are you working? Sending you a 2x4 for your DH!LOL

BonnieB, take it easy! I'm glad you are up and about , but yo need to slow down a bit, you just had a surgery! We don't want you feel bad just take care of you and let the others do the work!LOL

Tam, it seems you have a wonderful time! Can't wait to see the pics!

Bonnie I remember when my Mom was here...I also had to put her something to eat near her bed.I hope you won't get fired!LOL

Melva, what are we going to do with you, girl? Slow down and take care of your knees!

Debbie, how is the little kitty? I hope she's not sick!

Sandy,, what lovely pics, even if cloudy!

I need a nap, talk to you later!

Adina

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 14, 2012
7:08 AM

Post #9304648

Good morning,

Glad everyone had a mostly restful night. We have rain and overcast clouds also.

I was up too late reading (as had an unplanned late afternoon nap) so ended up sleeping in this morning.

Darla seems to be doing better. She came down here last night with her sister (first time in 3 days) and played. AND...she was greeting me
when I went down to the bathroom, which she hadn't been doing.

Not sure of todays plans

Debbie

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 14, 2012
10:15 AM

Post #9304774

Good Afternoon! Have been doing I don't know what this morning and Adina's post made me tired. but I didn't nap.

Got my work clothes washed dried and hung up. Made potato cheese and bean soup for supper plus a pan of corn bread and an apple cake. Mixed up my own hot cocoa mix from a recipe on Pinterest. Test taste was pretty good! Cleaned the cat litter pan. Took Ty for a walk and now it is time to make something for lunch. Then get ready for work.

Deb glad Darla is better.

Bonnie glad the night shift is going good.

Tam what a wonderful weekend.

I gotta go as I am spending more time correcting my mistakes then posting.

Dianne hope you are better today it is time for that to be all over.

Maybe be back tomorrow.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 14, 2012
12:36 PM

Post #9304867

our son just called, they are in the basement and the tornado sirens are going off. big red mass on radar right over our area.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 14, 2012
12:46 PM

Post #9304886

kids and house is fine... it blew thru in about 5 minutes. they said high winds, heavy rain and some hail, but no tornado - at least that they saw.
AYankeeCat
Fairfield County, CT
(Zone 6b)

October 14, 2012
1:51 PM

Post #9304961

Whew!
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 14, 2012
2:19 PM

Post #9304990

Therese - glad your family and home are fine!

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 14, 2012
2:54 PM

Post #9305016

Terese, what a relief!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 14, 2012
4:05 PM

Post #9305090

I'm home! Gotta unpack & get dinner.
Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 14, 2012
6:46 PM

Post #9305281

Good evening. It was a quiet day here, church, then out to eat afterward, rested most of the afternoon, and then took DGD to meet her DM at the halfway point. So busy but not stressful.

Terese, so glad to hear everything is okay. We had a storm come through about 5:30, and then warnings of high wind until 10:00 tonight. So trying to get my posting done before then.

Adina, I am taking it slow. I can cook without causing major stress. Thanks for caring. You sound busy with carrying pots inside. I only had about 4 things I needed to get in, otherwise my plants just fend for themselves.

Tammy welcome home. Hope that you enjoyed the weekend and had a bit of fun. It sounded really busy with meetings and talks, etc. Any cool plants come home with you?

Vicki, I didn't realize you were not feeling well. Hope that it is just a pasing thing. There is a horrible stomach virus going around down here. Sure hope that we can avoid it.

Melva, how are the bruised knees feeling? Hope that you followed all of the advice given here, and rested and put ice on them.

Debbie, glad that Darla is not sick and that she is back playing with Marla and greeting you. Bet that she was just scared and maybe sulking after the encounter with Axel. Poor baby.

tomorrow I need to go to the bank and do some teaching a new person what I do as church treasurer. They changed the procedures and I have an apprentice that needs to learn my job. Good idea but she has a little one and it is hard for us to find a time that we can go to the bank together, and sit and talk, as her little one is a very active 18mo old boy.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 14, 2012
7:10 PM

Post #9305310

I think Darla got scratched in the eye, and that is the problem...which can hurt very bad. She is still squinting but not as badly.

I have a dentist appointment first thing, so have to leave here at 7:00 am. for hour drive to Rochester. Arrrgh.

Got grocery shopping done and have been cleaning here and there all weekend.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 15, 2012
5:43 AM

Post #9305628

Good morning, it is chilly here, so guess that cold front did pass through,hence the storms we had.

Not much planned for the day, except taking care of the dogs. The DBIL's dog has settled in really well. The only problem is she wants to eat every 4 hours. She is tubby, so I am just trying to ignore her plaintive cries!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 15, 2012
6:28 AM

Post #9305666

Back to work for me

I want to eat every four hours too BonnieB. :-)

Downloaded pics but will have to post after work

Tam
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 15, 2012
8:38 AM

Post #9305822

Knees are still very bruised and sore..I have put ice on them and rested...

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 15, 2012
11:08 AM

Post #9306034

Will be back sometime today. To nice to stay in the house!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 15, 2012
5:01 PM

Post #9306430

Evening! Where is everyone? Do I post or not. Oh well maybe will gab away and see if anyone pops in.

Was really a beautiful day and I took it easy and will really regret it but I need that rest after 5 days in a row. It is really catching up with me every week.

Went to the chiro again and that is helping. Hopefully one more week and I can cut back on visits. Then DH and I went out for breakfast then for a drive which was really nice. There are plenty of backroads to drive on. But I didn't have my camera with. Just the checkbook.We are down to bare trees and the rust colored leaves with some yellow and red thrown in so it is still pretty in some areas.

Then we went to the Dollar General the competition and how disappointing with what they had. We actually have nicer stuff for the Hoildays. So we didn't have to spend much money.

Melva have you been taking it easy? I am just sore from bones being out of place can imagine how you feel.

Tam are you posting pictures before Revolution comes on? I have to watch Major Crimes before that.

BonnieB so glad no problems with the visitor and the other dogs! don't need you breaking up a fight and getting bite!

Debbie was that picture on FB taken today on your trip to the dentist and how did that go?

Terese I bet you were so worried glad all is okay. Yep those kind of storms do move fast for some reason!

I don't bring in any plants any more. No time to care for them or is it energy?

Got the filter going on the fishes winter quarters. Have to go and check and see how it is looking. Will move them tomorrow or Wed. Depends on the weather. I did see 2 frogs today. So it was warm enough for them. Kind of looking forward to finding them and catching them.

Bonnie did you get some rest today?

Elsie how was your monday!

Sandy how are the ankles doing? The new girl is working with a sprain ankle and is still moving pretty good. She must really want this job!

Adina are you still working second shift? Getting enough rest yet? I get home and just don't want to do anything.

Maybe I had better go and do something before the shows I want to watch are on!

Ty found some kind of bone in the field. He really wanted it. Glad I carry treats with me!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 15, 2012
5:04 PM

Post #9306436

Yes, took that on the way home from the dentist Took several I just love.

Dentist was not fun...but NOTHING compared to what Dianne & Sandy go through, so I shall not complain on here!

Took myself out to breakfast also to McDonalds for an egg mcmuffin.

We have had rain and overcast...and high winds...for going on 24 hours now, lasting into tomorrow.

Here are a couple other pictures I took the last two days.

Marla...Darla & Axl (she looks like a T-rex) and the crew on MY couch!

Debbie

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy      

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 15, 2012
5:07 PM

Post #9306438

Vickie, the old body is moving very slow and carefully. I worked out in the pool to day and may have done a little to much.

waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 15, 2012
5:13 PM

Post #9306441

Sandy are you enjoying the pool? Is it helping? Andre gotten any hoses lately?

Deb good pictures.

I just got done reading Simon for President! Cute!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 15, 2012
5:39 PM

Post #9306459

Vicki - I record most of my shows so I don't worry about when they are on. :-) Sounds like you needed a "me-day". Don't feel guilty about it. Was important! You're definitely ahead of us in the fall to winter thing. We still have mostly green on the trees though we saw some pretty color in western Pa on our trip.

Debbie - I think you need to revisit who really owns that couch. lol

Sandy - you are making good use of that pool from the sounds of it!

Here's some pictures from our trip. These are some of the pretty glass art at the Phipps conservatory. The third one is a wonderful miniature that included the conservatory as well as a bunch of other buildings etc. The last two had really interesting decorations - a dragon & paper decorations in the chinese room and floating goldfish & jelly-fish like plantings hanging above a seascape of succulants

Thumbnail by Tammy   Thumbnail by Tammy   Thumbnail by Tammy   Thumbnail by Tammy   Thumbnail by Tammy

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 15, 2012
5:42 PM

Post #9306462

And here's a selection - the first is part of the conservatory, the second is another cool display of fall colors, the last three are at a rock garden the local Pittsburg chapter created. The forth pic is of the two friends that went with me. The last one is a japonese anemone that's brand new. Apparently it costs $58! It gets just a foot tall instead of the normal 3-5'. Cool huh?

Tam

Thumbnail by Tammy   Thumbnail by Tammy   Thumbnail by Tammy   Thumbnail by Tammy   Thumbnail by Tammy

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 15, 2012
6:22 PM

Post #9306495

Tam, I love the pictures! Those colors boosted my spirits this time of year. Lots of hard work there.

Sandy, wish I had a pool like that to do exercises. DH wants to join the fitness center...but that whole people thing and my
coordination just doesn't sit well.

Yes, Simon is running for president against the dog across the street. They are wound up...makes me laugh!

The couch. What can I say...Huck was on the love seat glaring that the boys wouldn't make room for him. He steals my blanket/wrap that
Sandy made...he just loves it!!

Look in the background of the 1st picture...and see the glares!!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 15, 2012
6:42 PM

Post #9306517

I love the pool and the hot tub.

Debbie it is set up for people like us. They have 3 levels of pool exercise programs and some sitting exercise programs as well. I have not started any of these yet but I hope to once I get in a little better shape.

going to call it a night.

Good night everyone

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 15, 2012
6:45 PM

Post #9306523

Good Night Sandy. I'm shutting down for the night too.
Tam
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 15, 2012
7:27 PM

Post #9306557

Vicki, it sounds like a really nice day for you. We had torrential downpours -- after I left work.

Debbie, those are some glares for sure.

Tammy, great photos. Is that a Chihuly glass? LOve the planted leaves in the water. It sounds like you had a great time.

I'm off to bed. Sweet dreams.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

October 15, 2012
7:39 PM

Post #9306572

No rest for me today - draggin. Two hour dental appointment today - lots of decay under an old gold crown. Critical to get to it now as it was very near the root. Then discharge appointment with hernia surgeon.

Hey, I get to sleep in my own bed tonight. Short sleep, but in my own bed!!!

Gotta go. Tonight TX, tomorrow FL.

I have appointments at three assisted living facilities.

Bonnie
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 15, 2012
7:58 PM

Post #9306591

Well, it was a busy day here. First day that I have been completely alone, and I did well. I did laundry and did some cooking and got my sitz baths in. Still managed to get a short nap this afternoon too.

My kitchen range oven heating element caught on fire tonight. Had to finally pull the stove out and unplug it so that it would go out. Guess it will be looking for an element for the oven and I have a burner that is not doing so well, so might as well replace that too. Probably be cheaper to buy a new range. I would love that but DH says the elements won't cost that much.

Tammy great pictures, and I want that plant that is hanging from the ceiling in your first set of pictures. That is so strange but so pretty.

Debbie, your pictures are great, and tammy said what I was thinking, whose couch is that really?

Vicki don't feel guilty about doing nothing for a change. You deserve it, since you work so hard.

Sandy, take it easy, you can do damage with so called easy water exercises!

Elsie, we had the rain yesterday and last night. Hope it moves on out and you don't have to have it another day.

Going to check in one more place then I am off to bed.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 16, 2012
5:34 AM

Post #9306775

Good Morning!

Bonnie - I thought you were both moving to Daytona Shores? Good luck with the visits!

Loretta - yes, Chihuly and Frabel (who did the ghostly alien-like figures, called The Longfellows) did the glass scultures. I took a lot of photos of all the glass sculptures but pruned them down for posting here. Really cool part of the experience was the art! It poured on and off all day yesterday here.

BonnieB - the plants hanging out of those baskets are not so hard to find. I believe the ones you are referring to are: Dichondra 'Silver Falls'
It sounds like you are doing pretty well... excellent! We had to replace the heating coil in the oven a couple years ago - not too expensive.

Debbie - forgot to comment on your photos. It looks like you are at peak there for fall colors!

Have a great day everyone!
Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 16, 2012
5:49 AM

Post #9306786

Good morning, chilly here. DH and I are heading to Lowes to pick up the laminate flooring that will be installed this weekend. Hate the mess but will love the finished product. Also going to the grocery, as we will be in the same town, and will save me some time tomorrow. I have my one week check up tomorrow and hope that I will be able to do a bit of shopping before heading home. We will see.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 16, 2012
6:12 AM

Post #9306821

Good morning, woke up with sore throat and sniffles...trying to decide if it is cold or allergies. Going to get my coffee brewing and wake up.
Then will be back.

Tam we are mid peak they say!

BonnieB, don't over do it!!!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 16, 2012
6:16 AM

Post #9306830

Debbie -- i had that a few weeks ago... I used my Neti Pot, lots of VitC and VItD3 -- licked it in 3 days. Zinc usually helps too, but i didnt have any on hand.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 16, 2012
6:40 AM

Post #9306841

Terese, I took the vitamin C and I have zinc lozenges I will use after my coffee. I am thinking...tea and honey (Vicki's favorite) is going to be on the agenda.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 16, 2012
6:56 AM

Post #9306856

Morning! Sitting here finishing my cup of coffee. Planning the morning. Will go outside at 9 and work until 12. Then go in and see if the Grey's Anatomy are all new to me. Work during commercials. Can even dust while I watch it. Sounds like a plnt to me,. Might make BBQ'd pork for supper. Sounding better all the time.

Awww Deb sorry you aren't feeling good. Now you follow Terese's advice no matter which it is just in case. Those pictures were so fun!

BonnieB here's hoping the element costs lots so you can get a new stove.

Tam I sure enjoyed your pictures. All those colors were so nice to see. I have a bit of color left but it is just a bit. Now remember to drag those pictures out this winter when we need some color!

Elsie have a great day at work.

I'd better get my breakfast made as I WILL BE GOING OUT in about 35 minutes.

Thumbnail by ves522   Thumbnail by ves522   Thumbnail by ves522   Thumbnail by ves522   Thumbnail by ves522

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 16, 2012
6:57 AM

Post #9306859

I am running late as I was playing with PICTURES! They made me do it!

DEB!!! You're picking on me!!!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 16, 2012
7:02 AM

Post #9306863

Great pictures! Are those your horses? Your trees are very vibrant looking. Love that! Where did you get the seeds to grow all those rocks? lol

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 16, 2012
7:08 AM

Post #9306871

Neighbors horses! That is their new one. I got the rock seeds from BonnieB and she didn't know it! I love that the one looks like a huge arrow head!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 16, 2012
7:14 AM

Post #9306878

Dianne I think Ty is looking for Diesel! Maybe Adina's crew or even Izzy or MrB or Andre!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 16, 2012
7:41 AM

Post #9306912

Izzy hasn't been cooperating with pictures...haven't seen that tongue hanging out in some time!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 16, 2012
8:23 AM

Post #9306969

>>Then go in and see if the Grey's Anatomy are all new to me.

Oh crap -- I totally forgot about this show. Just checked, it started at the end of Sept. Will have to catch up with the episodes that i missed, when i get home.

I love tea and honey when i'm under the weather... probably the only time i drink it anymore.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 16, 2012
10:09 AM

Post #9307077

Well we are back from shopping. On the way to town DH was musing about how much it would cost for the element, and how long it took to get it, and then to install it. He decided that buying a new stove would be probably as cheap, as that stove was 20 years old at least. So went to Lowes, got the stove and just as we pulled in the driveway, his DN pulled in, and they unloaded it from DH's truck and installed it. I had told him it would only be cold sandwiches until the stove was fixed, so guess he wants a hot meal! Suits me.

I decided to trust DBIL's dog that I am dog sitting and let her free, and what does she do? Heads straight for the road. Now she is outside on the tie down again. Little stinker. Mr. B and she look so much alike I was fussing at Evie last night, as I had just glanced down, and lo, it was Mr. B. Will see if I can get some pictures of her and Mr. B later, as Mr B is hiding, there were hunters in the woods just a bit a go shooting. So he may decide mid afternoon that he is NOT in imminent danger!
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 16, 2012
2:14 PM

Post #9307293

So Vicki - you are growing horses and rocks. mmm Love the picture of Ty admiring the fall foliage!

BonnieB, I hope you love the new stove. Good for you. I can't wait to see the dog. Good luck with your check up tomorrow!

Tammy, the photos are just wonderful. I checked out their site today and looked at lots of photos. It must be a great place to visit.

I got the crown put on my tooth. I have another appointment to get another broken tooth fixed. The dentist said he wants to go into the ice cream business. He is just so funny. He is actually past retirement. So I picked up some ice cream so I would have some soft food to eat. I'm just that good.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 16, 2012
5:03 PM

Post #9307420

Been ready and taking Andre out to play with that TOY!!! Darn dog wants me to watch him play with it.

Sandy and the darn dog

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 16, 2012
5:34 PM

Post #9307441

Loretta - you are really a good patient aren't you. :-) yes - Phipps is quite wonderful!

Vicki - loved the rocks & even more the pic of Ty admiring the fall foliage. That's a winner!

BonnieB - great news on the new range! Installed and everything.

Terese - Its a weird season so far with Grey's.

Sandy - I went out to collect eggs and had to stop and admire Truffles. They do need their approval but us mere humans now and again. :-)

Debbie - I hope you're feeling better!

I cooked up the last of the garden veggies. I stuffed about a dozen peppers. I'll pack & freeze 'em for my dad.

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 16, 2012

Post #9307507

Good evening. I cooked supper on my new stove and it is great. It isn't a fancy one, and very similar to what I had. Since DH retired from General Electric he always insists that we buy GE appliances. They are good, and we have had good luck with them, but I would rather stick with the basics and leave all the bells and whistles to those who are gourmet cooks and can use all the extra stuff. I am just a plain cook.

Elsie, good for you getting your tooth all fixed. Hope the ice cream didn't bother it, as it may be extra sensetive for a bit. How is Teddy? Is he coming to work most every day? Has Chloe been behaving, or is she intent on settling in for winter?

Tammy the stuffed peppers sound good. I think we still have some peppers in the garden. I told DH that he needs to make one more visit and get everything, and then call it a season.

Vicki, if I have rock seed, I don't know where I put it. Hehe. I would give anything to have rocks like that. Ours is mainly limestone and very mundane looking. Loved the one that looked like an arrowhead. If I had borders like that, I would have flower beds all over this huge yard.

Bonnie, oh, didn't realize that you are heading back to Florida. Hope that you enjoy your trip, and that you find a good place (assisted living) for your DM. Hope that you don't have a problem convincing her that is the best place for her. She will probably be the queen of the facility! I predict she will love it.

Melva how are the knees? I know they must be black and bruised but hope that the soreness is leaving already and it won't slow you down much at all.

Adina, I don't see how you switch back and forth the shifts at work. I would be so confused about the schedule and I would probably have a hard time sleeping enough so that I would feel rested. Is Nicholas talking to you now? How is Andreea doing with her lover boy?

Terese, are you packing and heading home this week? I know you will be glad to be home and get settled in for the winter.

Well, won't be long before I head to bed. I have my follow up appointment for the surgery tomorrow. I seem to be doing well, but will wait to see what the Dr says about that.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 16, 2012
8:45 PM

Post #9307585

The knees are better.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 16, 2012
9:07 PM

Post #9307601

waving at everyone, read two books and now my head is tired.

Good night

S and A

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 17, 2012
3:59 AM

Post #9307684

>>Terese, are you packing and heading home this week?

Leaving today.

Even though I have not started 'packing' per se ... only dirty laundry ... I dont know how we are going to get it all in the vehicle.
It's possible we can leave some non-important items behind and come back one day...

Think Charlie and Buddy are looking forward to leaving too.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 17, 2012
5:47 AM

Post #9307744

Good Morning!

BonnieB - good luck at the doctor today. I hope she agrees you are doing well.

Terese - travel safely!

Sandy - I guess they were good books. :-)

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 17, 2012
5:58 AM

Post #9307761

Good morning, a beautiful sunny day is in store for us. I am leaving early to go to Louisville, as I need to stop by Sam's and get items that are needed for our fish fry. Multitasking.

Need to head to the shower.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 17, 2012
6:38 AM

Post #9307812

Morning! Coffee is almost finished. Then it will be time for breakfast. Got lots of plants planted yesterday. Not that I worked very hard. But I am seeing it come to an end soon. Maybe 15 plants to plant and then 40 bulbs? I find I am not very fast at it and wonder how some people are?

BonnieB good luck today. Glad you got the new stove. I prefer plain and simple also.

Terese safe travel. Just leave the stuff. It will be there next year.

Sandy I find if I sit around too much my head will hurt.

Melva glad the knees are getting better fast.

Deb hope this cold is over fast as I am sure you have other things to do. Or maybe this will keep the kids away from you?

Bonnie what is up for your day today?

Elsie, Tam, Adina have a good day at work.

Time for breakast and to maybe head outdoors. Maybe I should clean the kitchen first?

Thumbnail by ves522   Thumbnail by ves522   Thumbnail by ves522      

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 17, 2012
6:58 AM

Post #9307838

I think I am going to have to call in to doc to get a nebulizer treatment and inhaler. I haven't needed one in a couple years, but I am turning into a mess.

Had a steamy shower, having tea and honey and will see how that does.

To top it off DH notified me he has to go to Chicago next week for work. Would be great if the kids were not here...peace and quiet!!

Love the pictures

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 17, 2012
7:10 AM

Post #9307845

Deb ask the kids to go and visit someone for a couple of days! LOL Hope the cold keeps moving this fast and is gone in no time.

I was sitting on the haywagon and Ty had to jump up there. He was giving me a heart attack walking on it because he wasn't watching for the cracks and I was sure he would break a toe or something.

It is trying to rain so I will stay in the house and clean. So it is a win!win!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 17, 2012
10:41 AM

Post #9308036

BonnieB - you promise us you will not do all the work for that fish fry!!!!

Debbie - sorry you're not knocking that crud out! Hope the nebulizer inhaler works. I'm sure you know about the towel over your head and face over a bowl of steamy water too? salt water wash for the nasal passages?

Vicki - your place just makes my heart sing! So pretty!!!

Dianne - I just had some of the chocolate fudge cake pudding for dessert (which I never have for lunch!) Was good. But not as good as my healthy chocolate cake. A lot easier to make though. I guess I'll have to try one of the recipes you MEANT for me to look at now - one of those healthy grain dishes. :-)

edited to add the link for the recipe:

http://www.delish.com/recipefinder/chocolate-fudge-pudding-cake-recipe-5189

Back to work...
Tam

This message was edited Oct 17, 2012 12:43 PM

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 17, 2012
10:48 AM

Post #9308039

Tam, thank you. Yep, I have done all that and so far no response. It is down in my chest, which isn't good. I tend to get asthmatic bronchitis when something
drops into my chest, or a pneumonia. I am on a chicken soup and tea diet...and napping. SO, hopefully by tomorrow I will no whats going on more and this is just
a cold...or if I need to get to the doc.

I can't have a flu shot anymore. Big warning on flu shots with my disease and doctors have said NO. SO, not happy about that.

Izzy did a number also. So bad I made myself sick cleaning it up. She does not like Shannon being here. Doesn't care about the kittens (its like Axl and mini-me) but the child is stressing her. Don't know what she ate but she is lucky.

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 17, 2012
1:35 PM

Post #9308147

Well, I am finally home from my Dr appointment. She was 45 minutes late, and I was seething waiting to be called. She did say that it is looking good, and that I don't need to go back for 3 weeks.

Got all my stuff bought and it is in the trunk of the car and will stay there until the 27th and be unloaded at the venue for the fish fry.

Tammy, I am not working at all at the fish fry. I have hired someone to do what I normally do, and I will just be there to greet and to eat. for once. Usually am so tired that I don't want to eat anything.

Back later.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 17, 2012
3:23 PM

Post #9308219

We're home and it's raining. Drive was uneventful, and didnt start raining until late afternoon... got a bunch of stuff done. Tomorrow will be laundry day, since it's supposed to rain all day. Today was upper 60's

Debbie -- will Paul be in "the Big City" or a suburb?

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 17, 2012
5:53 PM

Post #9308347

Terese - welcome home!

Debbie - how are you feeling tonight?

BonnieB - I hate it when they make you wait. I've sure waited longer than 45min though. Glad it was a good report. And on the fish fry - I bet you actually enjoy this one!

Now where is our Bonnie. Is she travelling?

And Dianne?

~~~ to Melva, Adina, Vicki, Loretta, Sandy... everyone
Tam

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 17, 2012
6:06 PM

Post #9308369

Got the bank books in order... now 2 months of credit card statements... I hate doing those.
I wish I wasn't so anal about categorizing everything... I know folks who don't even save receipts...

Debbie -- has Miss Izzy always been that way with Shannon? Is it DD plus additional kitties, or just DD?
that is something though... Poor girl. How's Darla's eye today?
Hope you feel better tomorrow,

Gonna go clean all my bags off my bed and stretch my back... I'm getting really tired.,
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 17, 2012
6:22 PM

Post #9308398

Well, I had started cooking and DH comes in and says "let's order a pizza", so that is what we did. I will be able to use what I was cooking for tomorrow's supper. We don't eat pizza very often, and it was really good.

Well DBIL came home from the hospital today and came and got his dog. Mr. B acts like he is glad she is gone. I went to visit him after we ate pizza and Evie acted like she was glad to see me. I left Mr. B outside and when he finished his rounds there, he went and got in the car like he was ready to go home. I went out and got him, and just as soon as Mr. B walked in, Evie started growling at him. Oh, well, guess we are back to separate homes and personalities.

Debbie hope you are feeling better tomorrow and that the cold is already on it's way out. Sorry about Izzy. What is the problem between her and the DD? Mr. B loves my DS, as he gets on the floor and plays with him and they wrestle and play tug of war, and he throws balls for him to retrieve, he loves him.

Melva are the knees any better? I sure hope that you don't have problems from hitting them. Sometimes that causes fluid to build up in the joints. Now don't worry about that, as it probably won't happen.

Vicki Ty is still such a good looking fella. Bet he pooh poohs you wanting him to be careful on the wagon, saying "I am a big boy". Pretty scenery.

Terese, glad you are home and it will take a few days to get all caught up with things. I keep receipts and when the bills come in mark them all off the statement. You would be surprised that you do find errors ocassionally.

Well, I am heading to bed shortly. Sure got pretty tired today, and it wasn't anything other than usual chores and waiting.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 17, 2012
8:19 PM

Post #9308499

Still feeling nasty. It feels like a sinus infection and possibly the flu moving in. I am not sure...but don't like it.

DD is a very fast mover, and she is loud. I don't think she knows how to be quiet...stomps up and down the stairs and always in a rush for
no reason. The minute Izzy greets her its "get away from me dog". Yes, her kitties are still here...and Izzy treats them with love. They run to her just like Axl does and tonight Axl was on DH's lap...giving Darla a bath. Darla seems to be feeling better.

Hoping all are doing welll...I skimmed over and am just falling asleep so will try and respond more tomorrow.

Sweet dreams
Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 17, 2012
8:46 PM

Post #9308523

Good night everyone

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 18, 2012
5:03 AM

Post #9308641

Good morning, we had rain durning the night, and the thunder woke me up. I was able to catch Mr. B before he jumped from the bed and hurried to the closet as he always does during a storm. I just put him close by me and hugged him to me, and he didn't feel the need to get in the closet. I could see that everytime a loud gust of wind came, his ears were sticking straight up, but he didn't run and hide. So a little victory for him during the night.

Debbie, I so hope that the remedies that you are pursuing is helping keep the germs away and that this will be short lived.

Gonna do some things around the house, then I need to go to church and do a few things, so even with the weather not so good, there is a plan in place to keep me occupied all day.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 18, 2012
5:09 AM

Post #9308645

Good Morning!

The chickens are happy to hear we got the worm. :-)

Tam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 18, 2012
5:12 AM

Post #9308649

BonnieB - the chickens are really bummed out that you beat me to the punch this morning. LOL
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 18, 2012
5:12 AM

Post #9308651

Tammy, I will share the worm, as I don't have any chickens.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 18, 2012
5:17 AM

Post #9308653

Good morning everyone, I am glad I waited as I did not want any worms!!! LOL

Trying to get this old body moving so I can take the brat for his run and then go to the gym

Sandy and the brat
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

October 18, 2012
7:55 AM

Post #9308804

Knees are still very bruised. The left knee that had surgery, 10 years ago is the worst and the sorest part is on the old incision line. It is swollen so much the skin is shiny..bet if it was the old knee it would have broken the knee cap.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 18, 2012
3:32 PM

Post #9309130

Wow, what a quiet day here.

The big cheese brought his 2 yappers to work since he is going away. I pity his parents. The pomeranian sounds like she is being killed whenever she is left alone. The teeny weeny Yorki just sings along. the Yorki reminds me of the Roadrunner. While all of this is going on - Teddy is just the perfect pup. He doesn't like those two yappy dogs. I do feel bad for them but that one is so loud.

I'm looking forward to some serious napping this weekend.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 18, 2012
4:04 PM

Post #9309146

Does Teddy belong ot the big cheese too Loretta? How are you feeling?

Melva - are you icing up that knee? The swelling can't be good. Maybe look into foods that reduce inflamation too.

Debbie - and how are you feeling?

Was a bit boring at work today. I guess that's better than too much stress.
Tam
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 18, 2012
4:37 PM

Post #9309171

Tammy, Teddy's dad and the big cheese are brothers. I'm starting to feel better thanks. I have a couple of more days of the antibiotic.

I think we would like a bit less stress at work.

I just made some interesting soup - chicken broth with small raviolis. I think I will check the grocery refrigerator section for different flavors of raviolis.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 18, 2012
4:57 PM

Post #9309182

I am cursed!!!!
Nearly had a very bad crash, in the house. I picked up my camera and the strap was caught on the computer stand and it started going over, caught it but dropped the camera, did not hurt the camera but messed up the new filter
Went to take sunset pictures and the clouds changed so did not have any great color, plus part of my tripod was missing, so could not use the tripod. Did get a lot of pictures but have not edited them yet.

Going to crash

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 18, 2012
6:21 PM

Post #9309227

Oh, Sandy, so glad that not much was hurt, only your feelings and the mild heart attack those things can cause. (hugs)

Elsie, sure hope that you are soon back to 100%, and feeling better. Now, I do not like the yappy dogs. Just too nerve wracking. Perfect Teddy! Wonder if the other brother appreciates how well mannered Teddy is?

Tammy, I will take boring over hectic any day.

Didn't do anything other than some laundry, and went to church and did a little picking up and putting away, especially in the kitchen. Can't stand it when there are things setting out on the counters. Took Mr. B with me, and he was sniffing around, I sort of believe that we have some mice, so gonna take care of that this weekend by putting out some D-Con.

Just talked to DTS and she is just back from Las Vegas from a convention. She liked the changes she saw, but is glad to be back home.

Getting ready to get to bed. Had horrible dreams all night last night and would wake up in a cold sweat. Sure hope that they don't haunt me tonight.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 18, 2012
7:04 PM

Post #9309301

Loretta. Was the soup with any veggies like onion celery and carrots too? The raviolis sound good. How small are they?

BonnieB the chickens were happy you shared the worm with them!

Sandy. I hope the filter is salvageable but it sure sounds like it could have been worse

I am off to read and then to sleep

Goodnight all!
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 18, 2012

Post #9309305

Think I might have to throw in the towel and call the docs in the morning so I dont end up with a weekend ER call.

Sandy, sorry about the camera...rest up/

BonnieB, I hate dreams...they can do such a number on your sleep patterns.

Elsie, sounds like those dogs are spoiled rotten with no control at home. Hard to do with small dogs unless started young. I am glad Teddy is such a good
boy.

My head is pounding, ears are aching and the light is hurting my eyes (as is the monitor) so saying good night.

Hopefully will be bright and cheery in the morning!!

Debbie
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 18, 2012
7:54 PM

Post #9309370

Sandy, sorry about your camera.

Debbie, sounds like a good idea to go to the doctor. My doctor told me that I waited too long. And I had inflamed ears - never heard that one before.

Tammy, I didn't put the veggies in cause I didn't have them. The recipe called for them. And they called for the refrigerator raviolis - like homemade. I want to try a spinach one. I always see soups with tortolinis in it. The ravioli I used was a small frozen one - maybe 1 inch across. Anyway it was good.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 18, 2012
7:56 PM

Post #9309375

Elsie, my ears are starting to hurt pretty bad...so yes, heading that way tomorrow I hope. They have little turkey meatballs that are good in the soups also.
I might pick up an oven roaster chicken tomorrow and make homemade soup...I need it.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 18, 2012
8:01 PM

Post #9309376

The camera itself is fine, just one of the filters is messed up but I can not get the other filter unscrewed from it, so will have to wait and see about saving it.

Sandy and Andre

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

October 18, 2012
8:26 PM

Post #9309403

Hello. I have been here at the Shores since 10/16. Saw my first assisted living facility (ALF) today. Went car shopping with Patti yesterday. Remember, her Husband, Frank, the nightmare from H? Well, he and his daytime caregiver (Frank is now confined to a Hover Round chair and Hoya lift) are being the biggest PIA's on the face of this earth, thinking they can keep pushing the auto dealers for a better and better deal. Patti has done her homework and negotiated a fabulous deal over the course of the last two days, with Judy and I along for moral support, but that pig headed, blow hard. ignorant, jerk, and his even worse caregiver insist the out of pocket price should be $3K less. Oh, he is so lucky he is not my husband! I liked everything about the ALF I visited today, which will take two cats. The location is the farthest away - 20 - 25 minutes from my Shores condo. Tomorrow I interview one only 8 minutes away. Otherwise I have not left the condo except to go to an urgent care clinic this morning. My left leg erupted in a series of blisters on my shin that I wanted info on proper care as they broke. The doc there bandaged them and gave me an Rx just in case any looked like infection was setting in. I have been pampering my legs since arriving on Tuesday after being given the go ahead on Monday from the hernia surgeon to resume normal activity, which meant I could now exert enough pressure on my abdomen to resume putting on my compression stockings and wraps. Not wearing them for two weeks is what allowed the lymphedema to take hold in my legs again.

Tammy both mom and I ARE moving to the Daytona Beach Shores area in Florida. Not having much luck sleeping. I don't understand it. I go to bed bone tired. Sleep 2 or 3 hours, wake up thinking it is morning, then cannot go back to sleep, and this is with meds. Guess I will try the sleep thing again. Meds kicking in. Have to bandage my leg first to protect the blisters then cover with a soft compression knee high sock to hold bandage in place.

Can you believe I have not even gone to a grocery, Walmart or pharmacy since I arrived? The condo was well stocked.

Bonnie

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 19, 2012
5:37 AM

Post #9309558

Good morning, it is cloudy, overcast and very chilly here this morning.

Bonnie, sounds like the (boys) are being extreme PIA about the vehicle. I think since they seem to know more about it, I would abandon my search and turn it over to them. I am a meanie!

The ALF sounds good, and hope that you can get that settled and your DM in residence.

Sandy will you take the camera to a camera shop to see if they can get the filter off? Just be careful, everything is so expensive would hate to see it completely ruined.

Elsie, no matter what is in the soup, it sounds good, and comforting. This is soup weather!

I need to go to town and do some errands and then on to Louisville to my rheumatologist for a check up. Old arthritic bones are giving me grief.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 19, 2012
5:48 AM

Post #9309565

Morning!

Bonnie so sorry you are having an outbreak. Sure hope they heal fast now and there is no infection. Hope you like this other place as well as the first so you have a 2 to choose from in case she doesn't like one. I see some interesting times ahead. We can send a couple of 2x4's to be used on both those idiots! Plus a dog or 2 to bite them in the butt!

Elsie you sure make some interesting foods. Have seen those raviolis in the store. Might have to try them someday. Hope the yappie dogs are quiet.

Sandy hope the camera and filter are okay. Will be waiting for some new wonderful pictures.

Tam I love my mundane quiet life. Well unless there is something going on at work then it isn't quiet and mundane..

Now speaking of work. I swear that one has no common sense or what am I looking for??? She can't figure anything out. First her register froze up. She wanted me to fix it but then I was waiting on her customers first. Hit the reboot and there it went. Then later she had a group of 3 come in with An EBT card. Had a ton of groceries and not enough money on it. They start going item by item and asking her if she wanted this. I was working on the computer and didn't want to lose where I was. So finished that and think I still might of goofed up. Started waiting on her customers again and figured out what was going on over there and told her to cancel the whole transaction and start over. Best thing is I have told her to ask if she needs help and she doesn't. I'm going to get more upset if she doesn't ask and the situation gets worse then it needs too!

Well since Ihave bored you with work I will now go and feed Ty and see what there is for my breakfast. Maybe just toast today. I also think I need to go and dig some holes!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 19, 2012
5:49 AM

Post #9309570

bonnieB we crossed. Have a good time on you r errands and hope the Doc can help you.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 19, 2012
6:07 AM

Post #9309583

Good Morning!

I hope those with ills feel better soon!

I had scheduled lunch with an old neighbor for today but she just emailed that she wants to reschedule. We're in for a beastly day weather wise and its a bit of a drive for her since she'd agreed to meet at restaurant near me. Her husband is pretty far along with alzheimers - he was a radiation oncologist and a gardener. I really enjoyed living next door to them in the early 90s. Last year when we met for lunch, he still remembered me and had a bit of his old sense of humor. She said he didn't really remember me any more.

OK - off to work. Hoping for another stress-free day (though I do like a little excitement to help pass the time!)
Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 19, 2012
6:22 AM

Post #9309593

Good morning everyone

The filters are off the camera, just can not get them to come apart(2 of them)

Here is one picture I took yesterday

Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 19, 2012
9:17 AM

Post #9309732

Ty and I went outside to start our outside chores. He got a huge surprise and I bet it didn't feel good either. When I saw him he was on this side of the electric fence and when I heard him and saw him again he was trying to jump back over and caught his you know what on the fence! LOL He yipped and turned and looked and I told him that is why he stays on this side of the fence. Now we will see if he has learned his lesson!

Got about 12 more plants planted. I can see the end. We went for our walk and I must say he was a bit more well behaved today.

Tam I hope you can reschedule that lunch. It is nice to keep in touch with old friends. Such a nasty disease Alzheimers!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 19, 2012
9:33 AM

Post #9309738

OHHH Poor Ty!!! He needs a treat.

Tam,sorry about your friend and lunch postponed.

Bonnie, I hope your legs are better today...rest while you can.

BonnieB, I hope your doc visit goes well.

TGIF although it doesn't make much difference here anymore.

Feeling a bit better, I think the dayquill is working. Pushing fluids and naps

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 19, 2012
10:00 AM

Post #9309765

Deb didn't you go to the Doctor?

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 19, 2012
10:15 AM

Post #9309773

Umm...no.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 19, 2012
10:20 AM

Post #9309774

Will say no more on that subject Debbie! You must be feeling better.

Dianne how are you doing?

I see Adina wrote another article. HAve to go and read it.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 19, 2012
10:33 AM

Post #9309778

I really hate this doctor. Because he knows we contacted a lawyer (not about him) because of my injury...he barely talks to me.

I have been taking daquil since yesterday and it seems to be helping a bit. They are open in the morning if I change my mind.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 19, 2012
11:13 AM

Post #9309802

Hi all! I've been busy writing the article, then I wrote another one which I need to finish these days. Busy in the garden too because I still (!) need to water, go figure! it's a nice fall, sunny and warm 65F all week and going on next week too. I still have tomatoes, sweet peppers and pumpkins ripening in the garden. Also, some radish and red orach. Two days ago Andreea showed up with Nicholas at the office. She asked me to bring her more warm clothes from the house. Nicholas was friendly this time and we played and talked. He is so sweet! They are going to move back to Italy , when they will have enough money for the road and for renting an apartment. I'm at the office now, last day of second shift. I'm waiting for Cici then we're going home. But first we need to buy some groceries, so we'll be home late tonight.

Vicki, thanks for bringing up my article...just when you were talking about Alzheimers! Sorry for the new dumb co-worker. I hope she learns quickly.
Here's the link to my article for who would like to read it :

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/3929/

Tam, I was in the same situation more than once with one of our neighbors who had Alzheimers. His daughter and me were childhood friends and we've known each other since we were 3, living in the same building. Her Dad oftenly failed to recognize me, or his own wife, poor soul. Even when she died, he didn't know who she was and why was she there in his apartment.

Debbie, I hope you get well soon. Take care!

Elsie, glad to hear you are feeling better!

BonnieB, so nice of your DH to order pizza so you can rest and not cook anymore! Funny about the doggies!LOL

Bonnie, how awful to start with those blisters again, poor you! I hope you can get enough rest, especially for your legs. Take good care of you so you can take care of your DM too. (((((((HUgs))))))))

Sandy, so sorry for your filters. I hope you can use them again.

Time to go, waving to all.

Adina
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 19, 2012
2:50 PM

Post #9309944

Bonnie, I hope your leg heals up quickly.

Tammy, I hope you get your lunch rescheduled. TGIF!!!

Vicki, poor Ty - I hope he remembers. I dislike co-workers who won't ask questions.

Debbie, I hope you continue to feel better.

BonnieB, I'm glad you are feeling better. How did your doc appointment go?

Sandy I liked that last photo!

Adina, I hope things work out for your DD. It's a shame that Nicholas won't be around any more. It's wonderful that you are still gardening.

Melva, you might want to try Arnica - it is good for bruising.

Did you get the nasty storm last night or today? The rain woke me up. then the thunder. It was pouring this morning. Poor Chloe thought someone was coming through the roof. It warmed up with the storm and I had trouble sleeping - I actually opened the front door and stuck my hot head out. There was some nasty flooding on the way to work. The SUV's just zoom through and throw up tons of water.

I got me some tiny raviolis this afternoon. They had the store brand on sale. I guess I'll be making some soup.

The tiny dog arfed on Teddy's dad on the way home from work last night. He was not happy. I asked but he didn't tell me if they yapped in the car.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 19, 2012
3:40 PM

Post #9309970

What a day.

Shannon's kitten...Marla...is in heat. She is so dang tiny, never would have thought old enough. I was told they were born June 1st...which is only 4 3/4 months. Sigh.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 19, 2012
4:34 PM

Post #9310010

Debbie, I'm guessing she is very popular.

Here is the teeny weeny ravioli.

Thumbnail by elsie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 19, 2012
4:41 PM

Post #9310018

Pretty plate Loretta! Were those frozen or dried? I'm gonna have look for them.

I have my rock garden meeting tomorrow morning. We're planning to stop at Penzey's spice on the way home.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 19, 2012
4:41 PM

Post #9310019

No, not popular...they are running from her. Everyone but the two kittens are fixed.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 19, 2012
4:42 PM

Post #9310021

Elsie, do those have cheese or meat in the middle...they are cute. I am sure they taste good besides looking cute. Would be perfect for soups.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

October 19, 2012
5:13 PM

Post #9310044

Those were in the refrigerator section of the grocery - not frozen. They are cheese filled. I did get some that are spinach filled and I got a chicken filled tortolini. I used my microplane to grate some cheese - it was like a plate of clouds.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 19, 2012
6:58 PM

Post #9310113

I am here. We went out to eat tonight with our retired minister and wife. It is his birthday on Sunday and we treated them to a meal out. We went back to their house afterwards and practiced some songs that the minister, DH and I will sing on Sunday at church. His wife plays the piano for us. It has been awhile since we have sung, and I miss it.

Elsie, love the little ravioli and bet they would be good in soups. I wish my DH liked more Italian dishes, because I could eat Italian every day. He WILL eat it occasionally but, I know it is not his favorite.

Melva, there is an ointment in the pharmacy OTC that is for bruising. I don't know if it needs to be used immediately, or if it would work now. I don't think that it provides any pain relief though.

Debbie, oh,no, on top of everything else a squalling "in heat" kitten is not something that I would look forward to. Do you feel better?

Adina, read your article, and never knew that the core of cabbage was sweet. Next head of cabbage I cut, I will have to try it. Live and learn I guess. I am sad to hear that Andreea and Nicholas are moving back to Italy. You will not get to see Nicholas so much, and that makes me sad for you and for him. This is the age that he needs his grandmother to teach him things.

Tammy have you been to Penzey's before? They just opened a store in Louisville about a year ago, and I could shop in there all day. So many different things to look at and taste. Have fun.

I did go to the rheumatologist today, and he doubled my meds. I am getting the arthritis in my toe joints, especially the big toe and the one next to it. They are almost deformed looking, and they are rubbing each other. He suggested that I go back to the podiatrist and have new orthotics made, that would put the weight bearing on the arch instead of the ball of my foot. Thankfully, only my left foot is affected right now. I sure am not liking this old age thing at all.

Tomorrow I need to go to the library and to the Dollar Store. I stopped by Garden Ridge today and bought artifical fall colored artificial flowers and made an arrangement to go on my DM and DF's stone at the cemetery. Thought I had one, but when I looked couldn't find it. So if it is not too windy here tomorrow, I will make a trip to the cemetery and put the new flowers on the stone. This is one of Mr. B's favorite places to go. Today was rainy (just a drizzle) but a thoroughly nasty day to be out and about.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 19, 2012
7:27 PM

Post #9310139

What a busy day you had BonnieB! Sounds like nice time out with the Pastor and wife.

are you sure that is arthritus and not a gout issue in the toes? That is how DH's started. I am sure you are VERY familiar with your body ...but just a thought.

I need to get a new arrangement for my Moms stone. Every time I pick one out I can hear her "don't you put those ugly things on me!" All these years I had bought her Mums for gifts...thought she loved them. NOPE. "Thats why they died on the back porch!""" OMG can laugh at all that now.

Well, it just keeps "pouring" here. Got a call from a very upset DD. Carrie called and Andys grandfather went to the hospital with blood pressure issues late yesterday and had a stroke during the night. He is just the sweetest most loving man, and my girl is just torn up. He had a mild stroke a year ago, rebounded very well and had been out riding tractor most days and farming. I am thinking he is about..85? Carrie & Andy picked up the Grandma and the three of them went up there this evening to the hospital. It doesn't look very well.

I am feeling a bit better however all that congestion in my head has let loose and now have a water fall going on. Glad to take it compared to the sinus pressure.

My stomach is still bouncing all over...so I am heading to bed.

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 19, 2012
8:07 PM

Post #9310175

Debbie, when it first started I was tested for gout, nope, pure old arthritis in the joints!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 20, 2012
5:04 AM

Post #9310335

Past time for a new thread
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1285291/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Pets Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Does Anyone Show Dogs?? momcat 154 Jul 29, 2009 9:01 PM
How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? gardenwife 20 Oct 2, 2009 7:10 PM
mourning DawnG 26 Jul 16, 2010 10:38 AM
Bertha got a hair cut!! MOLLYBEE 10 Aug 8, 2011 11:49 AM
Fritzie meets (& almost eats) Santa Claus Buttoneer 22 Sep 3, 2009 11:46 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America