Groton, CT(Zone 6a)

I discovered these flowers or what look like flowers while I was out walking a couple of days ago. Any help in identifying them would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thumbnail by iamlostinthot Thumbnail by iamlostinthot
Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

The flowers look like Nandina but they usually bloom in the spring. Can you show more of the plant especially the foliage?

Rolesville, NC(Zone 7b)

They do look a lot like Nandina, don't they?

Groton, CT(Zone 6a)

Quote from TomH3787 :
The flowers look like Nandina but they usually bloom in the spring. Can you show more of the plant especially the foliage?

Thanks so much for the reply! Unfortunately, the other pictures I took do not show more of the plant or its foliage. I will be passing the spot where I found these again on my evening walk tonight and will take another that shows more of the plant. Thanks again for your reply, I really appreciate it! :-)

San Francisco, CA

maybe Smilacina?

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Looks like Nandina foliage in the first pic too. I'd guess just an off-beam late flower cluster, lots of spring-flowering plants will produce an occasional autumn flower.

Resin

Scott Township, PA

We have some spring flowering shrubs blooming here in PA too, so I wouldn't let the wrong season throw you.

Groton, CT(Zone 6a)

Thanks to everyone for your replies! I took another picture of the plant. My apologies - it is not the best photo.

Thumbnail by iamlostinthot
Darwin, Australia

Definitely Nandina domestica.

Groton, CT(Zone 6a)

Thanks to everyone for helping identify this plant! :-)

Beautiful, BC(Zone 9b)

Huh, never noticed the blooms on Nandina. Surprisingly nice.

Rolesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Yeah, growin, you can really see the Berberidaceae family in those blooms.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.