Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Beginner Houseplants: Mysterious Plant

Communities > Forums > Beginner Houseplants
bookmark
Forum: Beginner HouseplantsReplies: 5, Views: 95
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
littlegreendave
north vancouver
Canada

October 11, 2012
3:44 PM

Post #9302606

Hi
this little green mystery has captured the heart of my boss. He loves littlegreendave. And he has made me the plant nanny. Can you tell me what it is? will it bloom? should I feed it? should it dry out between watering? Im not the greenest thumb on the block so if you can tell me anything that will keep littlegreendave alive, I would appreciate it. I believe this plant holds my employment fate in its roots.
the leaves are soft and very bendable. the brown tips are not supposed to be there I would assume. The leaves are about 1 inch at the widest and and anywhere from 1 inch long to 3 inches long.
Can anyone give me an idea on how to keep the chlorophyll running thru its little stems and leaves. :)

Thumbnail by littlegreendave   Thumbnail by littlegreendave   Thumbnail by littlegreendave
Click an image for an enlarged view.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

October 12, 2012
8:34 AM

Post #9303103

Larger pics would be most helpful in IDing your plant. They're very hard to see like that.
littlegreendave
north vancouver
Canada

October 13, 2012
2:04 PM

Post #9304099

thanks kwanjin - I will redo photos on Monday. Littlegreendave thanks you for your interest as well.
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

October 13, 2012
5:28 PM

Post #9304244

When you get your larger pictures, I'd suggest posting them in the Plant ID forum instead of here--lots of experts over there who will be able to ID it for you quickly (not to say someone here might not know it too, but people typically get ID's faster over there). Here's a link for you: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/plantid/all/
littlegreendave
north vancouver
Canada

October 16, 2012
7:48 AM

Post #9306925

Appreciate the heads up (or leaf's up) ecrane3. Have taken it to the next level as you suggested with a better picture. Littlegreendave is a real ham and really appreciates your attention.
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

October 16, 2012
7:57 AM

Post #9306937

In the meantime while you're waiting for it to be ID'd, I recommend reading this thread (the "sticky" thread in this forum) which has a lot of good advice about care. Most of it will be applicable no matter what your plant turns out to be: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1226030/

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Houseplants Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Houseplants forum! dave 39 Mar 27, 2011 3:03 PM
Plant for North Facing Office Window Brent_In_NoVa 16 Jul 29, 2010 4:10 AM
Peace lily blooms are green, not white! dave 52 Jul 27, 2013 1:06 PM
anybody enjoy forcing flowers? forcingflowers 28 Dec 4, 2011 6:44 AM
Our lipstick vine plant in the balcony PeaceHarmony 7 Jun 28, 2013 5:50 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America