Photo by Melody

Article: Getting To The Root Of Things. The Sweet Potato: Its History, Uses, and Culture: Roasted roots

Communities > Forums > Article: Getting To The Root Of Things. The Sweet Potato: Its History, Uses, and Culture
bookmark
Forum: Article: Getting To The Root Of Things. The Sweet Potato: Its History, Uses, and CultureReplies: 1, Views: 23
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
kiseta
Augusta, GA
(Zone 8a)

October 12, 2012
6:35 AM

Post #9303001

My favorite way of using sweet potatoes to cut them in chunks with skin on white potatoes, rutabegah (?), and carrots, mix some herbs and olive oil and roast them in oven on high temp. It is easy to do for large groups, like I do cook at a church. Etelka
JuneyBug
Dover AFB, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 12, 2012
7:48 AM

Post #9303065

Here in Korea they roast the small ones whole and eat them as a low-calorie snack. I have always loved them done the way you do them, Etelka.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Getting To The Root Of Things. The Sweet Potato: Its History, Uses, and Culture Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Love those Sweet Potatoes! cathy4 40 Oct 21, 2012 7:43 PM
SWEET POTATO or KUMERA Fangionz 3 Oct 16, 2012 6:10 AM
Beauregard vs Vardeman dirtytoes 0 Jan 20, 2008 4:22 PM
Beaureguard potatoes grandpagrandma 1 Feb 23, 2010 1:30 PM
Are my "pot-plants" ok to eat? binibusybee 1 Nov 1, 2010 5:46 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America