Daily Pics 145

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

We continue from 144 which is here, with 187 postings: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1261397/
So I thought of continuing to share with a new one.
Pansy.
Hibiscus.
A tiny fly.
A tiny bee hovering on Aloe vera flowers.
I think this is called Tree Jasmine.

Thumbnail by Dinu Thumbnail by Dinu Thumbnail by Dinu Thumbnail by Dinu Thumbnail by Dinu
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks for starting the new thread on this one, Dinu, and as usual, some very charming images from you!

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Here in Palo Alto ....

the leaves are beginning to turn
squirrels are going crazy
and pumpkins are popping up everywhere ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada Thumbnail by Jubilada Thumbnail by Jubilada
Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

I had so much catching up to do, some wonderful photos. Dinu I always love your insects. I even captured some while camping this past week, hope they turned out okay.
Jub, I love to see the fall colors, and our squirrels going crazy too.

Some fall colors in my Florida garden....

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Sunkissed, wonderful fall colors from Florida! And, what a handsome caterpillar! A real beaut! What kind is it?

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Here's a little of the fall color around Palo Alto ...

Mums in front of Gamble Garden's Gazebo
Zinnia
Tithonia
House across the street in Halloween mode ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada Thumbnail by Jubilada Thumbnail by Jubilada Thumbnail by Jubilada
Memphis, TN

Wow -- so many pretties! Sunkissed, I have to second Jubilada's comment on the caterpillar. I've never seen one so bright and colorful. Can't wait to find out what it is.

Jubilada, those are real Chrysanthemums, aren't they? I so very rarely see them anymore -- just the little Garden Mums. My mother used to grow them years ago. They are so lovely! The thumbnail of your Tithonia looks like a pumpkin!

Thanks for the new thread, Dinu.

Memphis, TN

I believe this may be a Carpenter Bee. There was a good bit of wind blowing and it was holding on, not intimidated by the gusts or me.

Thumbnail by HelloMissMary Thumbnail by HelloMissMary
Arroyo Grande, CA(Zone 9a)

HelloMissMary - What a wonderful subject.
Long time no post . . . LOL, but we just got a new camera and I just had to post some shots.
1. Salvia and aloe
2. Titus the Tortoise
3. Jay at the birdbath

Thumbnail by Domehomedee Thumbnail by Domehomedee Thumbnail by Domehomedee

The caterpillar is a sulfur caterpillar. They love the Cassia plant.

Mary the bee a nice shot, love the eyes.

Jub nice fall colors. All the yellows and oranges come out in flowers too, not just trees. Thanks goodness from one in a warm state.

Dome, nice catch of the Jay, I don't know why I just can't ever get a clear shot of a bird for the life of me. I like Titus too. I used to have a pet tortoise when I lived in California, but my Dad gave it away when it started eating his prized rose bushes. :-(

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Litchfield Park, AZ

Wow, loving all the fabulous pictures!

Litchfield Park, AZ

Spent the afternoon shopping for flowers. Tomorrow I plant.

Thumbnail by Valsflowers Thumbnail by Valsflowers
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Valsflowers, nice bunch of blooms, there, did you get them all planted?

Here are some mums ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Litchfield Park, AZ

The mums are the perfect fall color. I got most of them planted. I need to get some garden soil for a small strip along my front walk for the remaining ones.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Beautiful pictures.... I've been watching silently.
Here are a few from today.
A jet airliner goes across leaving a smoke trail. It is a frequent route for this.
A 2-seater doing rounds of the city - special flights for 15-minutes duration over the city to provide aerial view of the city - of course for a fee.
Grandpa Otts in bloom.

Thumbnail by Dinu Thumbnail by Dinu Thumbnail by Dinu
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Dinu, you got a bird in there with that jetliner! Grandpa Otts is lovely ... a perennial morning glory?

Here's a shot from the Farmer's Market. Somebody just left their stuff on the ground, while they purchased a crpe from the crpe stand ...

And, another of a huge hole in the ground where a new house is being built. The hole, of course, will be the basement, something that is de rigueur for any new house built in Palo Alto these days. Therein will be guest quarters, home theater, gymnasium, wine cellar, etc., ad nauseam...

Thumbnail by Jubilada Thumbnail by Jubilada
Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Jubi, that's a dragonfly in that jet shot.
Here is another with more d/f and in the other a kite in the left top corner.
I love to watch these trails.

Thumbnail by Dinu Thumbnail by Dinu
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Window display in a little shop on University Avenue ... handmade pumpkin macarons with jack o' lantern faces ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Memphis, TN

Nice cookies, Jubilada. They look tempting!

Some Fall foliage from me:

Thumbnail by HelloMissMary Thumbnail by HelloMissMary Thumbnail by HelloMissMary Thumbnail by HelloMissMary Thumbnail by HelloMissMary

Mary lovely fall foliage shots. Jub love the window shot with the reflection...and yes the macaroons do look good. You wouldn't realize how big that hole is, if not for that man standing in it. Rare for homes in Central Florida to have basements, guess because we are at sea level and too sandy.
Dinu I get dragonflies in my shots all the time, so common here in the fall...so much alike your land and mine.

Some shots from my hike last week, Florida Fall, the buck was really far off and I zoomed in the best I could.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Verrry nice pictures above - Jubi, Mary and sunkissed!

Sunkissed, your second shot is amazing! I enjoyed the depth and sharpness and made me wonder how far you were from it for that shot.
In the 3rd picture, we may miss the vertically sitting butterfly. And then the last one. So many beauties!

Dinu

Dinu, I was right on top of that butterfly in the second photo, the others were a few feet away, they were all around me, it is always like that in October at this place, they love the wildflowers in this field. I go every year but this year was exceptionally wonderful. Glad you liked the photos. ☺

My camera is behaving bad on close ups lately (as you see with the caterpillar), my son said it is time for me to get a new one. I need glasses and a freezer first...so for now I'll put up with it.

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Sunkissed, those butterfly shots are just wonderful! And what a nice bunch of them! There are some awfully good little cameras out there that don't cost an arm and a leg ... of course, glasses are really important!

Here's some of what I spied today ...

A KatyDid sleeping on a brugmansia bloom at sunrise
And pumpkins in a yard ... which belongs to Melissa Mayer, CEO of Yahoo ... she always has such marvelous seasonal displays. Unfortunately I missed her Halloween spectacular ...

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Jubi, amazing sharpness on the first picture. I am very fond of the bricks.... the lovely pavement and steps are so beautiful. Clinker bricks?

A bug yesterday.
Aaaah, now you can take a look at our new house, newly painted now.
Grandpa Otts was smiling yesterday.

Thumbnail by Dinu Thumbnail by Dinu Thumbnail by Dinu
Perth, United Kingdom(Zone 7b)

Many excellent pictures on here, your new house looks great Dinu.
Few pictures here I took up in the hills near where I live, already had snow up higher.

Sheep lower down on the rocky hillside, snow at the top of the hill, my rucksack by the cairn on Choinneachain Hill.

Thumbnail by DMersh Thumbnail by DMersh Thumbnail by DMersh
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Dinu, your new house looks absolutely fabulous ... very nice photo, too!

DMersh, wonderful shot of those sheep! Snow at the top of the hill is pretty nice, too!

Thanks Jubilada, they call those Blackface Sheep, from the black mask over they're faces. They are very tough sheep, living semi wild on the high hills, weather can be foul up there, very wet with freezing winds.

lower down in the glen.

Thumbnail by DMersh

A couple shots at the "Apple Farm" market on Halloween.

Thumbnail by Domehomedee Thumbnail by Domehomedee Thumbnail by Domehomedee
Litchfield Park, AZ

I love the pictures of the apple farm. It's the simple things.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

DMersh, your sack against the cairn is nice!! :)
DHdee, fine shots - esp, the kid's expression in the last one!! I really enjoyed that.

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Very nice "Apple Farm" shots, DomeHomeDee ...

It's November, already, and still squash blossoms on the Tromboncino ... (it was in the 80s here yesterday) ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada

Yeah, how about this weather. I have daffodils blooming, and the watsonia's are almost all the way up. My fortnight lillies are blooming better than they ever have and I still have canna patens blooming. It's a bit worrysome really, what are the bulbs going to do when the cold does finally hit. I have Fall seeds I want to put out but I don't dare until it gets colder or they might just come up now.
Here are some of my late bloomers.
Oh, and Dinu, feeding goats and llamas is very serious business, that's the "now don't bite me" look.

Thumbnail by Domehomedee Thumbnail by Domehomedee
Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Nice colours Dome.

Newburgh, IN(Zone 6a)

Today in my shade garden and on the feeder

Thumbnail by MsMaati
Newburgh, IN(Zone 6a)

Birds are hungry after our dry summer.

Thumbnail by MsMaati
Newburgh, IN(Zone 6a)

Sorry picture did not load.

Thumbnail by MsMaati
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Welcome MsMaati ... very cute bird shot ... a little house finch?

Here the autumn spiders a beginning to spin their webs ... haven't seen too many, yet, though ... and on my walk yesterday a rose of a particularly fetching color!

Newburgh, IN(Zone 6a)

Wonderful Rose!!! We haven't had near the number of big spiders we usually get in the fall. Very hot dry summer for us.

I love the spider shots. I may have to go out and get a few tomorrow, I know there are some great webs in my yard too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.