Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: True Confessions of a Gardening Addict: hello, my name is margot and i am a ...

Communities > Forums > Article: True Confessions of a Gardening Addict
bookmark
Forum: Article: True Confessions of a Gardening AddictReplies: 1, Views: 15
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Margotsgarden
Victoria, BC
(Zone 7b)

October 15, 2012
8:53 AM

Post #9305838

Thank you Jeremy for the laughter ringing through our quite home this morning! It is a comfort to know I am not alone in this. I refer to it as my 'sublime obsession' to all the passers by who comment on my garden. Yesterday I recorded all the purchases I've made over the past summer and look at my credit card statement and honestly feel a little frightened by the state of our finances. I simply do not have the power to resist the passionate inspirations that overcome me. I can say no to clothes, haircuts, and new shoes but plants, soil and garden books I must have. and yes ... I often walk around in the world with dirty fingernails unable to resist pulling any weed anywhere. Oddly this offends some of my friends thinking it is a statement of their lack of care for their gardens ... it is tiring being so misunderstood.
You are a delight to read and I would love a collection of your writings about gardening!
JaxFlaGardener
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 4, 2013
1:03 PM

Post #9375424

Thanks, Margot, for identifying and sharing! It does sound like we are two of a kind. I have been so caught up in distractions and other activities lately that I haven't done much writing (though I do tend to update my Facebook page fairly frequently with photos and excessively verbose descriptions of what is flowering in my garden each month --- Jeremy Wayne Lucas on Facebook).

For my other articles on DavesGarden.com, you can go to my member info page and scroll to the bottom of the page. Most of my other articles are confined to factual information and not so much giggles, but you may find something of interest there.

Published Articles:

Why is this the "Happy Tree?" (Camptotheca acuminata) (Xi Shu)
Tree Dahlias: Towering Delights!
True Confessions of a Gardening Addict
Non-Draining Decorative Containers: Watery Tombs for Seasonal Plants
Garbage Gardening: Grow a Pineapple Fruit Tree Plant!
The Christmas Apples
Happy, Hunting Grounds

Enjoy!

Jeremy

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: True Confessions of a Gardening Addict Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Plant Addicts Unite! chrissy100 35 Oct 29, 2007 1:19 AM
Jeremy, what a saga! Happy_1 11 Oct 28, 2007 3:09 PM
By request: Enlargeable photos - 1 JaxFlaGardener 3 Nov 4, 2009 4:54 PM
By request: Enlargeable photo 2 JaxFlaGardener 3 Nov 4, 2009 6:43 PM
By request: Enlargeable photo 3 JaxFlaGardener 3 Nov 4, 2009 5:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America