Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Article: Ask A Gardener: Your Gardening Questions Answered: Overwintering amaryllis

Communities > Forums > Article: Ask A Gardener: Your Gardening Questions Answered
bookmark
Forum: Article: Ask A Gardener: Your Gardening Questions AnsweredReplies: 1, Views: 15
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
pastapicker
Columbus, OH

October 15, 2012
9:34 AM

Post #9305913

Here in zone 5b I have had good results for years just by putting my potted Amaryllis in my cool, dry, and fairly dark basement once the leaves have withered in late fall/early winter. I don't water them at all over the winter, and in early spring I will see new growth popping up out of the corm/bulb/whatever it is. Sometimes I will bring them up into a sunny spot and water, but I can and have actually left them in the basement until it was warm enough to put outside for the summer. They've been in the same planter for years. There is a dahlia in that planter too, so it overwinters in the same way.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

October 15, 2012
12:26 PM

Post #9306144

Excellent advice! Thanks so much for sharing.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Ask A Gardener: Your Gardening Questions Answered Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
The best way to get rid of moles.... Gardeningman 2 Oct 15, 2012 10:08 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America