Photo by Melody

Texas Gardening: Sharing a flower bed with my neighbor.

Communities > Forums > Texas Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Texas GardeningReplies: 3, Views: 119
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

bezziec

bezziec
Beverly Pflugerville, TX
(Zone 8b)

October 15, 2012
9:46 AM

Post #9305928

My neighbor and I both love blooming plants, so we decided to turn most of our joined side yards into a flower bed. The one we have just planted is roughly 12 X 26. We have 2 coral honeysuckle, Vitex (Texas lilac), Blue Butterfly Pea Vine, Clerodemdrum Butterfly Blue, Esperanza, Pink/yellow lantana, Red/yellow lantana, Pink Autumn Sage, Autumn Joy Sedum, a light pink French rose that smells great, Purple Coneflower, Shasta Daisies, Rudebecia, Zepherin Douchin rose, and Golden Showers rose. My DH built the trellises and put in 4 rain barrels just behind the fence for us (thus the faucet coming through the fence). He is also looking forward to less grass to water and mow!! I have a feeling this bed will expand soon. New side yard bed is #1, Blue Butterfly Pea Vine is #2, Clerodemdrum Butterfly Blue is #3, the French rose is #4, and another bed that we just planted by the sidewalk is #5. I can't wait until spring!!

frostweed

frostweed
Josephine, Arlington, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 15, 2012
10:06 AM

Post #9305963

It all looks great, I hope you and your neighbor can agree on how to care for the bed, people have different ideas sometimes.
sweetmommy
Fulshear, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 15, 2012
10:48 AM

Post #9306016

It looks like it will be beautiful.

bezziec

bezziec
Beverly Pflugerville, TX
(Zone 8b)

October 15, 2012
11:40 AM

Post #9306082

Our gardening goals and techniques are very similar, so there won't be maintenance problems. She is the rose expert, so those are her responsibility. I will take care of the rest. We both operate under the motto of "stay outside in the garden as much as possible!!!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Texas Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
who grows peonies in houston area? vossner 20 Jun 18, 2012 7:58 PM
Texas Invasives List PvillePlanter 18 Mar 14, 2014 5:34 PM
Anyone Up For A Chat? dstartz 29 Jun 30, 2007 5:44 PM
DGrs in SW houston vossner 5 Dec 29, 2013 2:55 PM
Mock Orange in a big pot? mkjones 21 Aug 15, 2011 1:29 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America