Photo by Melody

Saving Seeds: Joe Pye Weed seeds- what do they look like?!

Communities > Forums > Saving Seeds
bookmark
Forum: Saving SeedsReplies: 2, Views: 42
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

October 15, 2012
8:30 PM

Post #9306611

I would think on a plant that size the seeds would be obvious... But I can't figure it out. There are occasional little round things that could be seeds, but they don't seem substantial enough. There are also little skinny things with fluff attached, almost like Liatris seeds, but again, they seem empty. Is it possible that they are all gone, not even one left? The seed site doesn't list it under Eupatorium or Eutrochium and I don't know where else to look. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Pam
Doug9345
Durhamville, NY
(Zone 5b)

October 17, 2012
6:27 AM

Post #9307805

Assuming there isn't more than one plant called Joe Pye Weed there is a picture of the seed here. It looks to be about like dandelion seed.

http://www.prairiemoon.com/seeds/wildflowers-forbs/eupatorium-maculatum-joe-pye-weed/
Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

October 17, 2012
6:57 AM

Post #9307836

Thank you so much! I couldn't believe it was that simple, kept looking for something more seed-like. I probably pulverized them all trying to find something that wasn't there.

Pam

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Saving Seeds Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Beans Crossing ragamuffin 2 Dec 25, 2007 7:28 AM
Angelonia tiG 12 Nov 11, 2007 1:19 PM
'homemade' dessicant? patfrompa 4 Dec 16, 2010 7:09 PM
cant find cats whiskers seed berrygirl 16 Jan 7, 2008 4:34 PM
Mountain laurel seeds txjaks 3 Jul 8, 2008 5:36 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America