Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Ask-a-Dave's-Gardener: ANSWERED: Butterfly/Bird Plants for a Shady, Dry spot

Communities > Forums > Ask-a-Dave's-Gardener
bookmark
Forum: Ask-a-Dave's-GardenerReplies: 0, Views: 23
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Eos20
Clermont, FL

October 16, 2012
5:55 PM

Post #9307460

My husband and I live in Central Florida (Zone 9a, I believe) and are looking for plants to fill an empty place in our yard. The area is between a rather large Almond bush and a large, evil Palm tree (large spines--husband loves plants that can hurt him). It probably gets indirect light at best and is in a dead zone with regards to the irrigation system. We were hoping for some suggestions on what plants might do well and perhaps provide for native wildlife, like butterflies, caterpillars, or birds as well. We have several beds of cactus/succulents, so something different would be a bonus.

Answered: http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/3979/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Ask-a-Dave's-Gardener Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ANSWERED: Goblin Blanket Flower uncbba02 1 Aug 2, 2010 5:05 AM
ANSWERED: Morning Glory Removal piakennedy 1 Aug 2, 2010 5:05 AM
ANSWERED: Planting a Caryota Gigas (King Kong Palm) dagasman1 0 Jul 31, 2010 6:21 PM
ANSWERED: sunlight mableruth 1 May 6, 2014 7:47 AM
ANSWERED: Gophers, gophers and more gophers qmischief 0 Aug 7, 2010 4:46 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America